AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, twsps said:

What's the point of removing VBoxHfs? I'm curious

Sent from my MHA-AL00 using Tapatalk

Use what the whole community use is preferable instead of some investigation by yourself. HFSPlus is a driver owned by Apple this is why you'll not see it in the clover installer, to don't warm fire for Hackintosh community, so you'll have to put it by yourself, this is the meaning why you'll not see it. And it's the best, it's also used in other bootloaders.

Edited by ammoune78

13 hours ago, twsps said:

Note: SSDT-XOSI is for brightness key fix

No, it's not for, contrariwise it's for:

Spoiler

// Override for host defined _OSI to handle "Darwin"...

#ifndef NO_DEFINITIONBLOCK
DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "_XOSI", 0)
{
#endif
    // All _OSI calls in DSDT are routed to XOSI...
    // As written, this XOSI simulates "Windows 2015" (which is Windows 10)
    // Note: According to ACPI spec, _OSI("Windows") must also return true
    //  Also, it should return true for all previous versions of Windows.
    Method(XOSI, 1)
    {
        // simulation targets
        // source: (google 'Microsoft Windows _OSI')
        //  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/acpi/winacpi-osi
        Local0 = Package()
        {
            "Windows",              // generic Windows query
            "Windows 2001",         // Windows XP
            "Windows 2001 SP2",     // Windows XP SP2
            //"Windows 2001.1",     // Windows Server 2003
            //"Windows 2001.1 SP1", // Windows Server 2003 SP1
            "Windows 2006",         // Windows Vista
            "Windows 2006 SP1",     // Windows Vista SP1
            "Windows 2006.1",       // Windows Server 2008
            "Windows 2009",         // Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2
            "Windows 2012",         // Windows 8/Windows Server 2012
            "Windows 2013",         // Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2
            "Windows 2015",         // Windows 10/Windows Server TP
            //"Windows 2016",       // Windows 10, version 1607
            //"Windows 2017",       // Windows 10, version 1703
            //"Windows 2017.2",     // Windows 10, version 1709
            //"Windows 2018",       // Windows 10, version 1803
        }
        Return (Ones != Match(Local0, MEQ, Arg0, MTR, 0, 0))
    }
}
#endif
//EOF

@RehabMan hotpatch from GitHub source for config plists

"_OSI abbreviation and meaning is: Open Systems Interconnection, it's used to facilitate to the computers the communication for different protocols or OSs protocole code. This is why you'll see Windows 2001 and up, in particular cases you'll have for each OS build it's own protocol under some methods and devices, briefly, how this windows build will work under some devices and methods"

@RehabMan give the choice for users and in some particular builds, to use OSI Windows 7 and ups with Darwin or XOSI_SSDT to tell to macOS this is the protocol that you have to follow and the one that you have to deal with.

This is why i told you, you have to know what thing you did and for what reason. The reason for me i deleted it, simply because you already used DSDT, logically if so, why removing OEM _OSI if we have DSDT in the hand, and by the way why not inserting all the things in DSDT instead of using multiple SSDT. So you have to decide to use DSDT and one CpuSsdt at all or multiple SSDT's for multiple reasons.

I personally opt for DSDT and SSDT at all, because I don't like too much things.

4 hours ago, twsps said:

For DellSMBiosPatch, I need this to make usb injection work.

Here also you only need a patch for USB XHC in order to work, an MBP14,1 ACPI is in our hand for that, so better inspiring from for your Inspiron ^_^ :

Spoiler

1521610583_ScreenShot2018-07-10at4_12_54AM.thumb.png.10fad4c28eeb498f3401731c503eae3c.png

This part of PNLF is Apple specific and will not help Hacki for backlight.

Related or not for your Audio or not! So better to solve other things or not my friend :D ?

Edited by ammoune78

Here also you only need a patch for USB XHC in order to work, an MBP14,1 ACPI is in our hand for that, so better inspiring from for your Inspiron  :

Spoiler 1521610583_ScreenShot2018-07-10at4_12_54AM.thumb.png.10fad4c28eeb498f3401731c503eae3c.png

Related or not for your Audio or not! So better to solve other things or not my friend  ?
So here's the problem. macOS won't load the kexts I put in clover/others folder, but only the ones I install in /L/E

21 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

No, it's not for, contrariwise it's for:

Reveal hidden contents

// Override for host defined _OSI to handle "Darwin"...

DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "_XOSI", 0)
{
#endif
    // All _OSI calls in DSDT are routed to XOSI...
    // As written, this XOSI simulates "Windows 2015" (which is Windows 10)
    // Note: According to ACPI spec, _OSI("Windows") must also return true
    //  Also, it should return true for all previous versions of Windows.
    Method(XOSI, 1)
    {
        // simulation targets
        // source: (google 'Microsoft Windows _OSI')
        //  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/acpi/winacpi-osi
        Local0 = Package()
        {
            "Windows",              // generic Windows query
            "Windows 2001",         // Windows XP
            "Windows 2001 SP2",     // Windows XP SP2
            //"Windows 2001.1",     // Windows Server 2003
            //"Windows 2001.1 SP1", // Windows Server 2003 SP1
            "Windows 2006",         // Windows Vista
            "Windows 2006 SP1",     // Windows Vista SP1
            "Windows 2006.1",       // Windows Server 2008
            "Windows 2009",         // Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2
            "Windows 2012",         // Windows 8/Windows Server 2012
            "Windows 2013",         // Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2
            "Windows 2015",         // Windows 10/Windows Server TP
            //"Windows 2016",       // Windows 10, version 1607
            //"Windows 2017",       // Windows 10, version 1703
            //"Windows 2017.2",     // Windows 10, version 1709
            //"Windows 2018",       // Windows 10, version 1803
        }
        Return (Ones != Match(Local0, MEQ, Arg0, MTR, 0, 0))
    }
}
#endif
//EOF

@RehabMan hotpatch from GitHub source for config plists

"_OSI abbreviation and meaning is: Open Systems Interconnection, it's used to facilitate to the computers the communication for different protocols or OSs protocole code. This is why you'll see Windows 2001 and up, in particular cases you'll have for each OS build it's own protocol under some methods and devices, briefly, how this windows build will work under some devices and methods"

@RehabMan give the choice for users and in some particular builds, to use OSI Windows 7 and ups with Darwin or XOSI_SSDT to tell to macOS this is the protocol that you have to follow and the one that you have to deal with.

This is why i told you, you have to know what thing you did and for what reason. The reason for me i deleted it, simply because you already used DSDT, logically if so, why removing OEM _OSI if we have DSDT in the hand, and by the way why not inserting all the things in DSDT instead of using multiple SSDT. So you have to decide to use DSDT and one CpuSsdt at all or multiple SSDT's for multiple reasons.

I personally opt for DSDT and SSDT at all, because I don't like too much things.

Here also you only need a patch for USB XHC in order to work, an MBP14,1 ACPI is in our hand for that, so better inspiring from for your Inspiron ^_^ :

Reveal hidden contents

1521610583_ScreenShot2018-07-10at4_12_54AM.thumb.png.10fad4c28eeb498f3401731c503eae3c.png

Related or not for your Audio or not! So better to solve other things or not my friend :D ?

Thanks for taking care of other stuff. I would like to solve the CPU issue first here then others, I tried with the latest Lilu and AppleALC you provided to me but still the same.

Ps. I used my old files now just to test if the latest Lilu and AppleALC will make a difference. 

hello~! help me plz!!

I am currently using my lenovo ideapad 720s-15IKB well by installed macos.

but sound no working.

here is my laptop spec :

laptop name - lenovo ideapad 720s-15IKB

cpu - intel i7-7700hq

gpu - intel hd630, nvidia 1050ti (disabled)

ram - 16gb

nvme - 2x samsung sm961 256gb

sound - alc298

layout-id : 30 (when i use this number in clover, headphone working but internal speaker not working & when i sleep and wake very noisy headphone slot)

macOS version : 10.13.6

and attached codec-info plist file. if any other information u need tell me.

sorry about my english...

720s_15ikb_Info.plist

Edited by guliano2

12 hours ago, twsps said:

Thanks for taking care of other stuff. I would like to solve the CPU issue first here then others, I tried with the latest Lilu and AppleALC you provided to me but still the same.

Ps. I used my old files now just to test if the latest Lilu and AppleALC will make a difference. 

Now, I'm thinking it's a laptop version issue, but not related to AppleALC. Anyway did you tried AppleHDA Patcher? This one, in contrariwise, need UNTOUCHED AppleHDA in order to work, and by the same way need you to make a backup of the current AppleHDA and remove any other audio kext. Read the content of the download page before doing any step, because it have a lot of option, so you can choose what you prefer.

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, guliano2 said:

hello~! help me plz!!

I am currently using my lenovo ideapad 720s-15IKB well by installed macos.

but sound no working.

here is my laptop spec :

laptop name - lenovo ideapad 720s-15IKB

cpu - intel i7-7700hq

gpu - intel hd630, nvidia 1050ti (disabled)

ram - 16gb

nvme - 2x samsung sm961 256gb

sound - alc298

layout-id : 30 (when i use this number in clover, headphone working but internal speaker not working & when i sleep and wake very noisy headphone slot)

macOS version : 10.13.6

and attached codec-info plist file. if any other information u need tell me.

sorry about my english...

720s_15ikb_Info.plist

Did you tried CodecCommander.kext in \L\E? In my case, if i don't use it, i'll hear to much scratchy noisy sound also.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Now, I'm thinking it's a laptop version issue, but not related to AppleALC. Anyway did you tried AppleHDA Patcher? This one, in contrariwise, need UNTOUCHED AppleHDA in order to work, and by the same way need you to make a backup of the current AppleHDA and remove any other audio kext. Read the content of the download page before doing any step, because it have a lot of option, so you can choose what you prefer.

Yep, that's what I thought. I did try with this, and it will end with using inject id=3, which for me the sound did not work (also with AppleALC). Because of that, I forgot about my CPU usage using AppleHDA Patcher.

2 minutes ago, twsps said:

Yep, that's what I thought. I did try with this, and it will end with using inject id=3, which for me the sound did not work (also with AppleALC). Because of that, I forgot about my CPU usage using AppleHDA Patcher.

Inject id 3 is not working on this v1.9 version any more, removed, so it was said that you have to use 2 instead

9 minutes ago, twsps said:

So for macOS High Sierra 10.13.5, should I use v1.9 with layout-id=2?

It was said Layout ID 3 was removed from Mojave AppleHDA, so i think, you can still use 3 in previous versions of macOS: 10.13, 10.12 and others

7 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

It was said Layout ID 3 was removed from Mojave AppleHDA, so i think, you can still use 3 in previous versions of macOS: 10.13, 10.12 and others

Then it will not work, I tried before. Just like using inject-id=3 with AppleALC, both has no sound.

What do you mean by laptop version issue? Under Windows everything works fine. 

25 minutes ago, twsps said:

Then it will not work, I tried before. Just like using inject-id=3 with AppleALC, both has no sound.

What do you mean by laptop version issue? Under Windows everything works fine. 

I mean, is this laptop refurbished or new? The report of that OEM Revision i give to you, proof that it was updated too many times by DELL not others. DELL updated the ACPI tables of your laptop many times, not only one or two or three times!
And i told to you to try updating  your bios and see if it can solve your problem, i'm sure you didn't do that. As I told to you, in the same way, after updating the bios, and if not worked, rollback to the first one, and see if problem is solved, then if not, do a flash with the second revision, and continue like that, until we hope bios one can fix it. You have nothing to loose, if you really, like you said "I would like to solve the CPU issue first", would you be mind to try it?

I mean, is this laptop refurbished or new? The report of that OEM Revision i give to you, proof that it was updated too many times by DELL not others. DELL updated the ACPI tables of your laptop many times, not only one or two or three times!
And i told to you to try updating  your bios and see if it can solve your problem, i'm sure you didn't do that. As I told to you, in the same way, after updating the bios, and if not worked, rollback to the first one, and see if problem is solved, then if not, do a flash with the second revision, and continue like that, until we hope bios one can fix it. You have nothing to loose, if you really, like you said "I would like to solve the CPU issue first", would you be mind to try it?
I would love to try it. This laptop is new. But I don't understand how can you know by "you gave to me" OEM revision report…

59 minutes ago, twsps said:

I would love to try it. This laptop is new. But I don't understand how can you know by "you gave to me" OEM revision report…

I think you don't read all my posts, anyway:

Your DSDT laptop

Spoiler

500505899_ScreenShot2018-07-11at5_02_01PM.thumb.png.30c6930efece8a7ef8ee280d205f169b.png

DSDT of my Z97M-DS3H_F7 revision of the latest bios

Spoiler

1579353130_ScreenShot2018-07-11at5_11_48PM.thumb.png.4a368a34539258fff0da6b0e4b8947b3.png

Now my original Latitude DSDT

Spoiler

320966460_ScreenShot2018-07-11at5_41_42PM.thumb.png.ead84988405e15468b2c61aade35a4d5.png

Edited by ammoune78

On 7/11/2018 at 11:12 PM, ammoune78 said:

Did you tried CodecCommander.kext in \L\E? In my case, if i don't use it, i'll hear to much scratchy noisy sound also.

oh! thankyou! headphone slot is no more noise! but internal speaker not working... any idea?

42 minutes ago, guliano2 said:

oh! thankyou! headphone slot is no more noise! but internal speaker not working... any idea?

In AppleALC info.plist there's a list of supported codec by this kext, and for each one of them, a list of supported layout ids, this can help you try others, if sadly, one doesn't work. In the other side, and in the case of my DELL notebook, I had same problem, you can see that in previous posts, that some patches do things different than others, and @chris1111 suggested to me to try @RehabMan patches, and it worked but with a specific layout id. I'm personally, one from users who like always patching ACPI, if I can do something that will let hardware work by just patching ACPI, i'll go for. In your case maybe not, so try first other layout ids supported by your codec, and check the difference, if good enough go, if not, try updating kexts with the latest, AppleALC and Lilu, i already posted them updated few posts a go. Then if not try patching DSDT or put External HDEF _DSM-SSDT with different layout until you find the matched one.

The patch that i use, and for what i give a like, came from @davidm71. One of the favorite thing, you know, is sharing, for me here is one of the good sharing, i always use that patch, so here's:

Spoiler

196235352_ScreenShot2018-07-12at5_13_18PM.thumb.png.b9361bde01447683e684254466a72de4.png

On 7/9/2018 at 5:24 PM, ammoune78 said:

Here's the latest build of AppleALC 1.3.0 and Lilu 1.2.5:

AppleALC 1.3.0.zip

Lilu 1.2.5.zip

Hhhh, :hysterical: I forgot to say why this patch. For some reason, in some cases and for some codecs, it's better to write the name of the codec id in that patch, why i don't know, but sure in some cases it work for better.

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, davidm71 said:

@ammoune78  What patch? I don't remember!  

1 hour ago, ammoune78 said:

Reveal hidden contents

196235352_ScreenShot2018-07-12at5_13_18PM.thumb.png.b9361bde01447683e684254466a72de4.png

The HDEF patch that you use for your GA-Z87X-UD5H, years a go from PM, we discussed about ACPI, can you remember that? ^_^, I'm still young, i can remember :ihw_wow: :P 

Edited by ammoune78
  • Haha 1