AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

I don't know. But I think I know what happened in your case with Xcode. You only got the sources for AppleALC, but not the ones for Lilu, right? You only got the Lilu DEBUG kext (which is currently 1.2.4).

Right for compilation, I use Lilu 1.2.4 debug from Github. As usual I do, I think. Lilu sources folder is also needed?

Sorry for my bad english

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

Right for compilation, I use Lilu 1.2.4 debug from Github. As usual I do, I think. Lilu sources folder is also needed?

Sorry for my bad english

YES.

BOTH sources are needed if you're planning on building something that makes sense. :)) They are meant to work together.

AppleALC is only a plugin for Lilu. So, yes, you do need the latest sources from Lilu, if you wanna build the latest AppleALC kext with the latest commits. Cause they are meant to work together.

Edited by arsradu
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, arsradu said:

YES.

BOTH sources are needed if you're planning on building something that makes sense. :)) They are meant to work together.

AppleALC is only a plugin for Lilu. So, yes, you do need the latest sources from Lilu, if you wanna build the latest AppleALC kext with the latest commits. Cause they are meant to work together.

I build unofficial appleALC 1.3.0 and unofficial Lilu 1.2.5: all work fine with my layout-id=1 on High Sierra. I think it will the same on Mojave: test this afternoon.

Thanks a lot :)

I build unofficial appleALC 1.3.0 and unofficial Lilu 1.2.5: all work fine with my layout-id=1 on High Sierra. I think it will the same on Mojave: test this afternoon.

Thanks a lot 

Cool! Could you also test sound after sleep with those builds when using Internal Speakers option in Mojave? Without Codec Commander.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Cool! Could you also test sound after sleep with those builds when using Internal Speakers option in Mojave? Without Codec Commander.

unofficial appleALC 1.3.0 and unofficial Lilu 1.2.5 works fine on Mojave (for my codec ALC892) :) Long time ago, I've issue with sleep on my rig: it's desactived

EDIT: I try "Suspend activity" in Finder. I've sound on Internal Speakers after return. on Desktop (Mojave).

Edited by Matgen84

25 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

unofficial appleALC 1.3.0 and unofficial Lilu 1.2.5 works fine on Mojave (for my codec ALC892) :) Long time ago, I've issue with sleep on my rig: it's desactived

EDIT: I try "Suspend activity" in Finder. I've sound on Internal Speakers after return. on Desktop (Mojave).

I'm not sure Suspend Activity is the same as Sleep... So the result might vary as well. If you had issues with Sleep in Mojave...I think you might want to give it another try (assuming you're using the latest Developer Beta 3). Might have been fixed.

Now, of course, I don't know exactly which issues did you have before. I just know I had Sleep issues on my MBP, too. But they seem to have been fixed since.

Anyway, thank you for the tests.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arsradu said:

I'm not sure Suspend Activity is the same as Sleep... So the result might vary as well. If you had issues with Sleep in Mojave...I think you might want to give it another try (assuming you're using the latest Developer Beta 3). Might have been fixed.

Now, of course, I don't know exactly which issues did you have before. I just know I had Sleep issues on my MBP, too. But they seem to have been fixed since.

Anyway, thank you for the tests.

EDIT

I don't use "sleep" long time ago because of kernel panic on my Desktop. If it's enable in pref: kernel panic and reboot my system. So I can't test without solve this issue

Edited by Matgen84

8 hours ago, twsps said:

Yes I did try with that. However, it's still the same…

Sent from my MHA-AL00 using Tapatalk

What laptop are you using? Layout 3 wont work for me as well, but 13 and 28 works fine. Do you have any cpu high temp issue with this kext?

Just tried layouts 13 and 28, same result. As for the CPU temp, I have a i5-8250U, and the temperature is around 50º right now. The fan kicks in frequently, though.

EDIT: SOLVED, forgot I had injected the layout-id through DSDT. Changed it to 28, just like in config.plist, and now everything works as it should.

Edited by pepito1

Just tried layouts 13 and 28, same result. As for the CPU temp, I have a i5-8250U, and the temperature is around 50º right now. The fan kicks in frequently, though.
Yes, and inject id 3 wont work but the cpu will also have high temp. You can install Intel power gadget and check cpu frequency. My stays around 3.7ghz constantly

8 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

EDIT

I don't use "sleep" long time ago because of kernel panic on my Desktop. If it's enable in pref: kernel panic and reboot my system. So I can't test without solve this issue

Well, I'll try not to deviate too much from sound issues... But kernel panic is usually caused by improper config (especially ACPI), or... custom DSDTs creating issues in collaboration with the config, or on their own. That's one more reason why I don't like using custom DSDTs, unless there is absolutely no way I can accomplish that thing from config.

Also, If you're using the iGPU...that's one more reason for sleep not working. It works on my HD 4600 connected via DVI & HDMI. But the issue remains: no sound after sleep.

Interestingly enough, I seem to have sound after sleep with ALC 1150. Which makes me think this could be a specific issue for ALC 892...?

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

EDIT: SOLVED, forgot I had injected the layout-id through DSDT. Changed it to 28, just like in config.plist, and now everything works as it should.

What do you mean by injecting layout id through dsdt? Please help me with this issue

For DSDT you mean the one in config.plist or the one in /ACPI/Patched?

For DSDT you mean the one in config.plist or the one in /ACPI/Patched?

I tried with the latest AppleALC and Lilu with no dsdt and no hdas to hdef patch in config plist but I still have this issue. Would you mind to help me out with providing your files?

I tried with the latest AppleALC and Lilu with no dsdt and no hdas to hdef patch in config plist but I still have this issue. Would you mind to help me out with providing your files?

You may have to inject plugin-type 1 from config or use piker SSDTgen to generate CpuSsdt, in order to have working power management, without it your cpu will always stay at higher frequency! Also if you’re going to use it, just drop Cpu0ist and CpuPm tables from the config

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

You may have to inject plugin-type 1 from config or use piker SSDTgen to generate CpuSsdt, in order to have working power management, without it your cpu will always stay at higher frequency! Also if you’re going to use it, just drop Cpu0ist and CpuPm tables from the config

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am sure I have my cpu power management working without applealc and correct inject id installed. So if you're saying about my cpu power management then that's not the case here

I am sure I have my cpu power management working without applealc and correct inject id installed. So if you're saying about my cpu power management then that's not the case here

Have you checked cpupm with AppleIntelInfo.kext?
Post the output.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello

i am in Asus U36SD Sandy Bridge using El Capitan in Enoch Bootloader MBR. The sound card is ALC269VB and HDMI audio cougar. With ioreg i saw the layout id is 0c 00 00 00 aka 12. DSDT untouched.

No support for layout id 12 for this ALC269, right. linuxdump in below

Usually AppleALC can be used with Clover boot loader with Lilu kext and hdaenabler and layoutid in clover config.

1. Is there any experience using this AppleALC with Enoch boot loader?

I guess it still need Lilu.kext

and have Layout id like this? Any add on kext others except AppleALC and lilu?

in com.chameleon.Boot.plist 

<key>HDAEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
	<string>0c000000</string

is it needed to also ? kext-dev=1

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v -f kext-dev-mode=1</string>       
    <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>  
       <string>3</string>

Any thoughts ?

codec0_dump.txt