Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Im using Ozmosis for my mackintosh: Z87M-D3HOZ-1479 Rom

by default it is Mac Pro 3,1, i would try to change it to imac 14,2 or PowerMac 6,1.

the Question is: is possible do it and will not broke my system?

actually Im using Yosemite GM 3 100%, for my is testing intention and curiosity to change system Bios to MacPro 6,1 and watch the performance with it.

motherboard : GA-Z87M-D3H

Cpu: Core i3 4340

Intel HD4600

16GB DDR3 RAM

I am not able to change first boot device in bios. I want to set it to Macintosh HD but it resets back to windows drive after reboot.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Enter the EDK shell using in my case F12 to get a list of boot options, chose the last entry you see for it the others it adds ever boot are useless then.

bcfg boot dump -v

To see what is there for your options now.

bcfg boot rm 06

Would remove one of the useless EDKs listed as number 6.

bcfg boot mv 1 0

To move 1 to the top of the list.

Alternatively you can use the Startup Disk option in System Preferences to set your install as the one used by default.

• Like 2

Your BIOS doesn't have enough room to add everything you want

I managed to add almost all the important files except VoodooHDA.ffs...

Is it possible to use ffs from Efi/Oz directory, or convert ffs back to kext?

I managed to add almost all the important files except VoodooHDA.ffs...

Is it possible to use ffs from Efi/Oz directory, or convert ffs back to kext?

I think it has to be converted back to kext

Enter the EDK shell using in my case F12 to get a list of boot options, chose the last entry you see for it the others it adds ever boot are useless then.

bcfg boot dump -v
To see what is there for your options now.

bcfg boot rm 06
Would remove one of the useless EDKs listed as number 6.

bcfg boot mv 1 0

To move 1 to the top of the list.

Alternatively you can use the Startup Disk option in System Preferences to set your install as the one used by default.

I tried both and neither worked.

Interestingly, I'm able to change 2nd, 3rd and 4th boot order, just not first. For some reason bios is fixated on keeping windows drive as first boot drive.

I even tried removing windows drive from boot menu, but it came back after restart.

Don't know if it's relevant info or not- windows and os x are installed on separate hard drives.

I tried both and neither worked.

Interestingly, I'm able to change 2nd, 3rd and 4th boot order, just not first. For some reason bios is fixated on keeping windows drive as first boot drive.

I even tried removing windows drive from boot menu, but it came back after restart.

Don't know if it's relevant info or not- windows and os x are installed on separate hard drives.

Mine are on separate drives as well I even switched the cables around so that os x was first drive in the system did not work so I tried the Start Disk (before I learned about the shell commands) just for the hell of it and that did it, no clue why it is not working for you the move in the shell should really do it.

Already deleted about 10 network files, three OEM logos and everything that has to do with RapidStart, but still don't have enough space for basic stuff...

Also, when BIOS switched to Win8 or Win8WHQL i can't disable CSM - this setting doesn't gets saved and after reboot it gets enabled again. Tried 3 BIOS versions already.

Is there anything else i can try to delete or compress in order to free up some space?

This desktop is embarrassing on so many levels...

my desktop is great and works perfect for everything i do and oz works perfect no issues so learn more before you judge 

Thank you friend. 

Now you tell me. You must enter this "Defaults.plist" in the BIOS? Or EFI / Quo folder?

make it replacable so put at EFI/EFI/Oz folder

I have several issues with using the bootloader first after adding the drivers and bootloader and its defualts files to the rom and flash the bios the screen hangs after restart (after flashing) with a cursor (-) not flashing i have nothing the screen totally hangs .. to fix this i'll have to remove my nvidia card from the board and things start working as it should that's #first to use the nvidia card i should disable the IGPU 

#Second after #1 things loads smoothly and fast the first time but if i reboot the machine it hangs at the bluetooth controller is missing (IGPU issue of course ) so i have to reset the nvram to get it back working  and the same cycle goes again and again

#third someone (Pavo: recommended me to apply a DSDT patch to be put in oz's load folder after patching it .. then the same cycle goes on every reboot and nvram reset it hangs at the bluetooth error (no video card is plugged in PCI yet only with IGPU)

#fourth   if i attach my second HDD or plug a usb or do minor changes in BIOS settings ex.. disabling turbo boost,applying Ram XMP or anything in BIOS it never boot to the desktop it hangs on the same bluetooth controller is missing 

#fifth i'm using oz version 1479 

-well that is my DSDT file extracted for the forever use configuration and i need it to be patched or fixed ( i no knowledge with DSDT)

-the issue that happens after flashing and there is   video card attached should be fixed i don't know is the bootloader or my VGA card 

-i use my IGPU and Intel connected with a DVI-D Cable 

-it should be good if oz set the default SMBIOS to a iMac 14,2 because it's good for Haswell Boxes (if there is someone should attach it :P

-that's for all i can remember from yesterday maybe new issues i'll report with my Haswell Build 

-before i flash the bootloader i was using Clover (Latest Stable) and only thing i did to remove Clover i removed its folders from the EFI Partition

MyBox

CPU: Intel CORE i7 4770K

Ram: 6G Kingston

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H

Video Card: Geforce GT 610 (that's for a testing and temporarily use only) | Intel's HD Graphics 4600 with id 8086412 (from Windows)

Sound: onboard ALC892 | Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2SE | 5$ USB sound card

HDD: 1TB WDC Blue (Max OS X 10.9.5) | 500 GB WDC Blue (Windows) 

PSU: Corsair CX500M Semi Modular 

My Extracted DSDTLink:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0ro68fz5a5iaem/DSDT.aml?dl=0

Now  things is kinda sorted out with a compiled DSDT from Windows Drive with all hardware attached , so i had to reset the nvram to reload the new DSDT

my cursor isusse is now confirmed because my GPU GT 610 doesn't GOP BIOS

i need to experience the knowledge of editing the Defaults.plist specially the platform id part how to figure it and in which format

Mine are on separate drives as well I even switched the cables around so that os x was first drive in the system did not work so I tried the Start Disk (before I learned about the shell commands) just for the hell of it and that did it, no clue why it is not working for you the move in the shell should really do it.

I tried switching cables, reinstalling windows and OS X, startup disk, shell commands and recreating and flashing bios multiple times, making sure that there are no user errors. None of those worked, so at last, I tried older version of Oz and that fixed it.

I don't know if it's a bug in Oz or I'm doing something wrong.

Maybe OS X is not able to write to nvram on my PC and that's why startup disk didn't work for me. How do I check whether OS X can write to nvram?

It goes in Volume/EFI/Efi/Oz folder not what Methylator said

So Pavo. The file "OzmosisDefaults" is still necessary to integrate in my BIOS? Since "Default.plist" goes in "EFI / Efi / Oz" folder? 

What are the "required" files, which have to be inserted in the BIOS? You can list? 

With CloverEFI. I need the same NVRAM, since my BIOS is not unlocked. 

And the audio is already patched the AppleHDA, VoodooHDA not need the BIOS.

So there is no confusion, /EFI/Oz/ will not be used with any Oz builds before 1479 and the install of 1479 will auto create its /EFI/Oz/ directory.

"Required" files in bios would be HFS+, PartitionDXE and EhancedFat with suggested additions of Ozmosis, OzmosisDefualts, HermitShell and OzmosisTheme. 

1479 build should give you nvram write access

So Pavo. The file "OzmosisDefaults" is still necessary to integrate in my BIOS? Since "Default.plist" goes in "EFI / Efi / Oz" folder? 

What are the "required" files, which have to be inserted in the BIOS? You can list? 

With CloverEFI. I need the same NVRAM, since my BIOS is not unlocked. 

• Like 1

So there is no confusion, /EFI/Oz/ will not be used with any Oz builds before 1479 and the install of 1479 will auto create its /EFI/Oz/ directory.

"Required" files in bios would be HFS+, PartitionDXE and EhancedFat with suggested additions of Ozmosis, OzmosisDefualts, HermitShell and OzmosisTheme. 

1479 build should give you nvram write access

Joe75. Friend, you could modify my BIOS only with the files you mentioned. A friend here has already done it for me, but my motherboard gave three beeps and restarted, I had to restore the BIOS. My system is DualBIOS. 
This is the current BIOS of my system: B75MD3H.F15.zip

Thanks friend.

I tried switching cables, reinstalling windows and OS X, startup disk, shell commands and recreating and flashing bios multiple times, making sure that there are no user errors. None of those worked, so at last, I tried older version of Oz and that fixed it.

I don't know if it's a bug in Oz or I'm doing something wrong.

Maybe OS X is not able to write to nvram on my PC and that's why startup disk didn't work for me. How do I check whether OS X can write to nvram?

try check in your BIOS boot type to UEFI only, restart and enter Bios again and choose boot 1st your UEFI partition (where is installed OS X) and after that hit F12 to choose your OS X hard Drive

Joe75. Friend, you could modify my BIOS only with the files you mentioned. A friend here has already done it for me, but my motherboard gave three beeps and restarted, I had to restore the BIOS. My system is DualBIOS. 
This is the current BIOS of my system: attachicon.gifB75MD3H.F15.zip

Thanks friend.

you'll have to remove you AMD Card from your motherboard to bypass that issue .. the reason is your Card doesn't support GOP UEFI 

This is the current BIOS of my system: attachicon.gifB75MD3H.F15.zip

Thanks friend.

Try this one 

B75MD3H-OZM1479-F15.rom.zip

• Like 1

Okay after extensive flashing I found out that with F15 bios and 1479 Oz OS X is only partially able to write to nvram or partially read it. When I selected OS X as startup disk it got written in nvram and it persisted after restart as well but Oz outright ignored it, any other changes I made in nvram stayed and got implemented as well i.e. boot arg -v.

With F12 bios and Oz 1479, it still keeps Windows Boot Manager at top but I can change it by using startup disk, couldn't try with hermit shell as there was no space left for it in bios.

Attaching both bios if anyone wants to look at them.

Also, if someone can make more room in F12 bios for me please.

B75MD3H_F12_1479Oz

B75MD3h_F15_1479Oz

Thanks to everyone who helped!

• Like 1

Try this one 

Friend was great. But the Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS is. How dumb iMac 13.1? The "Default.plist" is in the EFI / Oz folder. And no changes to iMac13,1. 

And the states of the CPU only has 2, I was 4.

Put the LPCSensors.kext in "/ Volumes / EFI / EFI / Oz / Darwin / Extensions / Common" folder, and I try kernel panic:

post-1145065-0-28361300-1413122811_thumb.png

And I realized that the version of the 1290 is FakeSMC And I put LPCSensors is version 1328. 
You should have inserted the last version of FakeSMC?

Okay after extensive flashing I found out that with F15 bios and 1479 Oz OS X is only partially able to write to nvram or partially read it. When I selected OS X as startup disk it got written in nvram and it persisted after restart as well but Oz outright ignored it, any other changes I made in nvram stayed and got implemented as well i.e. boot arg -v.

With F12 bios and Oz 1479, it still keeps Windows Boot Manager at top but I can change it by using startup disk, couldn't try with hermit shell as there was no space left for it in bios.

Attaching both bios if anyone wants to look at them.

Also, if someone can make more room in F12 bios for me please.

B75MD3H_F12_1479Oz

B75MD3h_F15_1479Oz

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Friend here anyway. I keto for "OS X Mavericks" to boot in BIOS, but he insists on going to Windows.