*****Full version of this guide now here*****
*****NO PM SUPPORT, REPLY TO THIS GUIDE OR THE GUIDE BELOW*****
**********(PM's don't help other people in the community)**********
I'm sure we're all itching to give Mavericks a go so here's the install process:
The process is mostly the same as with Lion/ML except a few subtle differences.
Any problems with the below please don't hesitate to let me know.
installation troubleshooting thread here:
All included as an attachment below (use the V2 attachment).
Creating the installer
1. Prepare your USB as GUID partition map with a HFS+ partition.
2. Mount your Mavericks DMG (Right click on “Install OS X 10.9 Developer Preview” then its in /Contents/Shared Support/InstallESD.dmg)
3. Mount BaseSystem.dmg by typing the following in terminal:
open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg
4. Restore “OS X Base System” to your USB
5. Navigate to /System/Installation your USB drive Delete the “Packages” link then copy the Packages folder from “OS X Install ESD” to this location.
6. Use pacifist to extract mach_kernel from /OS X Install ESD/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg to the root of your USB drive. (Note: This is in the attachment).
7. Copy essential kexts to /System/Library/Extensions on your USB stick.
8. Install chameleon to the USB drive
9. Create the extra folder for the USB (copy your old one over)
10. Copy your folder of essential software & kexts to your USB stick.
Installing OS X
1. Install OS X. After install boot back into the installer then:
2. From the installer go to Utilities and Terminal.
3. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/
4. Type: cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/
(Note: the above assume you called the partition you've installed OS X to OS X).
5. Type reboot
Part 4 – Initial boot
1. Reboot your system and boot to the USB stick again but this time select your OS X install. This should boot you into your installed copy of ML (any problems here try booting with -v -x -f before posting to the forum).
2. Install chameleon to your OS X drive.
3. Copy your Extra folder over.
4. Reboot & enjoy!