10.9 Mavericks Simple Vanilla Hackintosh Install Guide

167 posts in this topic

I would like to share something easy for GA-Z77-D3H users, you can easily upgrade to maverick with following settings;

Assuming already using 10.8.4

-Install CloverUefi

-put fakesmc to 10.8 folder in ESP partition

-add MacPro 3,1 to SMBIOS section of config txt, you will have working turbo and fermi cards will work correctly

-copy maverick dp build to your desktop

-double click and select your target volume as current osx volume, installer will complete extraction and you will have recovery drive :)

-once restart, for only one time you -WithKexts flag that will inject fakesmc =)

-select installer from clover

-Installer will complete everything and reboot, that's all super easy =)

Edit:

By they way Clover Gigabyte settings;

-DropDMAR YES

-Rest of ACPI settings NO

-Kernel CPU, AppleRTC etc.. all NO

-InjectUSB etc all NO

Posted this over on the Installation Troubleshooting thread, but thought I might try this too.

I followed Bob Roche's guide, which is essentially identical to this one, to the letter and have encountered problems.

Essentially I made my thumb drive and installed without a problem.  Booted back into my existing installation and copied over NullCPU and FakeSMC to the appropriate location.  Also installed Chameloen.  Then when I boot (into Mavericks) regardless of whether I boot with nothing, -f or -x -f it simply shows some text and then before getting to the Apple Boot screen my system reboots.  If I boot verbose with -x -f it goes through verbose boot and then at the end my system just reboots.  No error messages at the end or anything.

I would really appreciate some help.  My system has a Asus P8Z77-V Pro Mobo.  If you need any other info just ask.

Cheers.

Posted this over on the Installation Troubleshooting thread, but thought I might try this too.

I followed Bob Roche's guide, which is essentially identical to this one, to the letter and have encountered problems.

Essentially I made my thumb drive and installed without a problem.  Booted back into my existing installation and copied over NullCPU and FakeSMC to the appropriate location.  Also installed Chameloen.  Then when I boot (into Mavericks) regardless of whether I boot with nothing, -f or -x -f it simply shows some text and then before getting to the Apple Boot screen my system reboots.  If I boot verbose with -x -f it goes through verbose boot and then at the end my system just reboots.  No error messages at the end or anything.

I would really appreciate some help.  My system has a Asus P8Z77-V Pro Mobo.  If you need any other info just ask.

Cheers.

Have you copied the match_kernel and the boot file on your "/installationharddrive"? Because for me it didn't work until I replaced them on the install location. I also get this reboot error when I use tonymacx86's chimera bootloader that was outdated until the last version.

Please see two screenshots attached to this post below to help me figure out the problem.

1. I had ML installed before this

2. I did a clean install with the tutorial using the USB

3. Install on the USB worked fine but only using the flags -x -f -v

4. After the installation when trying to boot into OSX MAVERICK I get the errors you see in the screenshot therefore after the installation I can't get it to the desktop so I can finish post install due to errors.

16GB Gskill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 memory
2TB WD SATA HD
64GB SSD Crucial
eVGA NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) QUAD CORE
GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0

THANKS for any thoughts and suggestions on getting past these errors so I can get to the desktop to finish post install.

post-185364-0-21832800-1372083693_thumb.jpg

post-185364-0-40997700-1372083708_thumb.jpg

I got 10.9 successfully installed on my hackintosh and boot with -f flag. 

It worked flawlessly but without usb mouse support. Trackpad works fine and mouse keyboard as well.( That's strange) . Nvidia vard ok - sound ok etc.

The only issue i got is that I can't boot without -f 

If i tried to i am receiving this error http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290125-maverics-109-sucess-boot-but-with-issues/

Any clue ?

Please see two screenshots attached to this post below to help me figure out the problem.

1. I had ML installed before this

2. I did a clean install with the tutorial using the USB

3. Install on the USB worked fine but only using the flags -x -f -v

4. After the installation when trying to boot into OSX MAVERICK I get the errors you see in the screenshot therefore after the installation I can't get it to the desktop so I can finish post install due to errors.

16GB Gskill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 memory

2TB WD SATA HD

64GB SSD Crucial

eVGA NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) QUAD CORE

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0

THANKS for any thoughts and suggestions on getting past these errors so I can get to the desktop to finish post install.

attachicon.gif20130624_002556.jpg

attachicon.gif20130624_003624.jpg

Don't boot to Mavericks after install, boot back to ML and use Kext Wizard manual install Fakesmc, Ethernet driver, boot loader (if you install in different hard drive), check if Extra folder exists,....  That's how I did.

Updated via Software Update - "Software  OS X 10.9 (13A497d)" now. Lost trim support and audio. I could fix trim. No way with 889 yet. Everything else works. It seems a little slower.

• Like 1

Have the same problem with ALC889, old patched AppleHDA from ML doesnt work anymore :/

Trash HDAEnabler or whatever you had before and use KextWizard. Nothing new but it worked for me (see attachment) Hope it works for you.

alc 889.zip

Hello,

I just got done installing Mavericks DP1 via Pandoras Box

Everything is working fine except I can only make it boot via the USB

When I try to boot without the USB I get the error below:

boot0:GPT  

boot0:error

I have used Chameleon Wizard and install the boot loader to my only hard drive and made sure it was the newest revision to support Mavericks.

Any idea why it still gives the boot error on loading without USB? I would love to boot without the USB if all possible.

I am not having to use any flags to boot either. The Pandoras Box USB works just fine I just want it to boot on its own.

Please help!

Thanks,

Ray

Did you need to do anything special to get it to work? I have the Rampage 3X and it installs if I use AHCIPortsInjector but fails to boot from hard drive.

No, just FakeSMC on my USB drive installer and no DSDT in Extra. I put the DSDT back when installation is completed.

No need to AppleACPIPlatform (contrary to ML installation) cause no stuck on IOAPIC during boot sequence.

And i use to get ride of AppleTyMCEDriver (ECC memory) cause usually it KP my installations.

Hello,

I just got done installing Mavericks DP1 via Pandoras Box

Everything is working fine except I can only make it boot via the USB

When I try to boot without the USB I get the error below:

boot0:error

I have used Chameleon Wizard and install the boot loader to my only hard drive and made sure it was the newest revision to support Mavericks.

Any idea why it still gives the boot error on loading without USB? I would love to boot without the USB if all possible.

I am not having to use any flags to boot either. The Pandoras Box USB works just fine I just want it to boot on its own.

Please help!

Thanks,

Ray

Because you have a 4096 bytes sector HDD.

You need to install boot1h manually.

Just installed on my p5k v-m using this http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3941&page=2 worked flawlessly installed my extras and job done network wired and wireless working sound working everything shows up in system profiler iCloud App Store iTunes iMessage all working booting with no flags updated to dp2 via App Store very chuffed

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I am trying to install mavericks on my haswell machine. It is a i5 4670k and a z87-hd3. I have a amd laptop with sl on a virtual machine. My hack doesn't work on it because there is a error. I followed every step in the guide for my usb ejected it and put it in my desktop I then had a check of my bios settings and chaned the boot order to USB first. Then I rebooted and there was a flashing white line for a few seconds then it booted into windows on the hdd. Can anyone tell me why the USB doesn't boot? Thanks.

Everything went fine using the same infos from my Lion and Mountain Lion instalations (dsdt, smbios, etc) till I updated to DP4.

It broke the video I presume. I even tried Graphics Enabler and no go. I got a Geforce 9600GT

Thanks for the guide. Simple and clean.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything went fine using the same infos from my Lion and Mountain Lion instalations (dsdt, smbios, etc) till I updated to DP4.

It broke the video I presume. I even tried Graphics Enabler and no go. I got a Geforce 9600GT

Thanks for the guide. Simple and clean.

Did you try booting whilst ignoring caches? I have a non-workstation unit with a similar card (9500GT); will not boot to login-desktop lest an 'f' flag is instructed with an injector kext.  The rest of the nVidia kext that is stock with 10.9 is initiated by NVStartup.kext (that is the concerned kexts).  I'm not sure about the 9600 variant but 9500 conjures the tesla associated kext. 

Did you try booting whilst ignoring caches? I have a non-workstation unit with a similar card (9500GT); will not boot to login-desktop lest an 'f' flag is instructed with an injector kext.  The rest of the nVidia kext that is stock with 10.9 is initiated by NVStartup.kext (that is the concerned kexts).  I'm not sure about the 9600 variant but 9500 conjures the tesla associated kext. 

I managed to get that install working using the "remove cable trick" and now, since it updated the recovery partition, its booting fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm struggling with my new graphic card ATI 7790 HD on ML

Considering returning it if not supported by default on Mavericks.

Anyone could post the content of this link so we can know the ATI support in Mavericks?

/System/Library/Extensions/ATI7000Controller.kext/Contents/info.plist

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
            <string>0x26001002 0x22001002 0x67901002 0x67981002 0x679A1002 0x679E1002 0x67801002 0x68201002 0x68211002 0x68251002 0x68271002 0x682D1002 0x682F1002 0x68391002 0x683B1002 0x683D1002 0x683F1002 0x68001002 0x68061002 0x68081002 0x68181002</string>

It would be very appreciated!

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i tried to install Maverics few minutes ago, i used myHack, everything worked lot, exempt audio,ethernet and the MOUSE

I use a Microsoft wireless mouse + keyboard (3.1) 

The keyboard works fine but not the mouse i don't know why ??

I can scroll with the mouse but i can't clic or move the cursor, it worked on ML10.8.4

Any solution ?

UDPATE :

Fixed by using old ML10.8.4 IOUSB***.kext

Just installed on my p5k v-m using this http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3941&page=2 worked flawlessly installed my extras and job done network wired and wireless working sound working everything shows up in system profiler iCloud App Store iTunes iMessage all working booting with no flags updated to dp2 via App Store very chuffed

Can you tell me what exactly you used from there. Osx86net changed and your link not send me in your suggested location. Thanks.