Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

Yeah ive seen that one i was hoping it would be the image :-( but i guess it keeps in line with the sierra icon.

Though i'd give this theme a whirl and it looks great but.......the High Sierra icon in image is not what is in the themes icon folder  :(

In_box Update

Also available in Clover ThemeManager , all of my thème is update High Sierra

Edit ****

No sorry in_box is not in the repos because I have to mutch thème and I am not upload this thème

EDIT ****

26 June 2017

in_box is part of Clover theme Manager

in_box.zip

• Like 2

Because the windows boot manager can start several different version of windows through just the one efi binary. It's impossible to tell which one it could start, you'd have to parse the BCD (it's a binary file so probably not easy) and 

I thought from icon perspective so easy to choose between , as you describe it's not possible 

then if there was more than one windows, how can you choose which one to display?

I was thinking like we use a default icon for HFS+ hdd if no OS detects then OS base icon 

If Clover allow us to parse real icns (not as faked png), it would be of infinite benefit for us to have multiple icon size in one file & let user to choose one of them. Check the source here

Hi cecekpawon

It's great to hear your enthusiasm for the GUI :)

Clover’s rEFIt code did previously load Apple’s .ICNS files, as apianti has mentioned.
However, a while back I wanted to get away from using .ICNS files. I posted a more detailed write up on projectosx, but I later posted a simpler write up here

But generally, the three main reasons were.

1 - To reduce the total size of the files in the Repo. Back when the Clover Repo contained all the themes, the total size of the themes was over half the size of the repo.

Using something like PNGQUANT to compress .PNG files with it’s default 256 max colours setting, which TBH is perfectly acceptable for Clover icons, we can reduce for example, a 20KB image to 8KB. However, to put that image back in to a .ICNS file using iconutil that image is converted back to a 24-bit image at 20KB. So ICNS files will always be a larger file size than individual PNG files.

2 - The .ICNS files in many of the themes used icon files containing all size variants from 16px - 512px. At the time, the GUI only used 32px and 128px so there was no requirement/use of image data for other sizes.

3 - load_icns.c did not know how to read the ic07 OSType that is created when using iconutil to generate the .ICNS file. Therefore Clover could not extract the .PNG image data from the file. So optimised 128x128px icons and larger could not be used in an ICNS container. IIRC, using an older version of Apple’s Icon Composer from before 10.7 did/does allow generating ICNS files wth 128px images without using the ic07 OsType. But this will not help with 256px images and larger.

Moving forward to today, .ICNS files could be used again to allow multiple icon sizes if you wanted to develop it. But... from a theme creators point of view I know that some themes can take a long time to create. I honestly cannot see any users spending the time to draw and tweak different icon sizes to make then optimal at different resolutions, instead they would just create a single large design and scale it down.

This brings me to ask why not use your coding talents to implement the scaling algo, that’s currently used with the badges, to the volume icons? This way, the theme designer can just create one large icon, as .PNG, and the code can then scale it as necessary. Just an idea.. 
Edited by blackosx
  • Like 1

Quite a few themes need icons added for High Sierra and imho "popular" linux distro's.

Arch Linux

Debian

Linux Mint

Manjaro

Etc..

Yeah. This is an issue. Some theme designers don't think about making extra images and just stick with the basic ones, but it does take time to do it. I would go along the lines that don't expect them, but hopefully a designer will add an icon if requested. The only issue is some users come and go and when they do any themes they may have created get left without any updates.

I try to include as many as I can in my themes and will add more if requested. For example I did create Manjaro and Kali icons for BGM a while ago when asked. But these days it's one of those things that will get done if and when time allows.

@blackosx

Can we please get the theme BGM updated with the new High Sierra icon  :thumbsup_anim:

As chris111 mentioned. I have already done so.

But, I'm happy to create alternative icons for the BGM theme using Apple's background images for Sierra and High Sierra.

I'll post here once I've done so.

In_box Update

Also available in Clover ThemeManager , all of my thème is update High Sierra

Edit ****

No sorry in_box is not in the repos because I have to mutch thème and I am not upload this thème

Hi chris1111

I can add your In_box theme to the repo for you if you like? Let me know if you wish me to do so.

• Like 1

Yeah. This is an issue. Some theme designers don't think about making extra images and just stick with the basic ones, but it does take time to do it. I would go along the lines that don't expect them, but hopefully a designer will add an icon if requested. The only issue is some users come and go and when they do any themes they may have created get left without any updates.

I try to include as many as I can in my themes and will add more if requested. For example I did create Manjaro and Kali icons for BGM a while ago when asked. But these days it's one of those things that will get done if and when time allows.

As chris111 mentioned. I have already done so.

But, I'm happy to create alternative icons for the BGM theme using Apple's background images for Sierra and High Sierra.

I'll post here once I've done so.

Hi chris1111

I can add your In_box theme to the repo for you if you like? Let me know if you wish me to do so.

Yes I requested the manjaro icon

Just the basic linux icons would be great for all themes. Debian, Ubuntu, linux mint, arch linux, fedora just to name a few.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@blackosx

If you look my theme in_box is it Compress of maximum I think ?

I am not see other theme in repos with anime as light as this one, can be only ransom theme  :D

but I have lots of theme so I not put in repos

I used TinyPNG to Compress the png icons  :)

• Like 1

I will take @apianti & @blackosx (and all prev devs) comments with full respect (I learn C from Clover sources, open source collaboration from Slice, batch script from apianti, bash script from JrCs, blackosx & Pike... and lot more), but sorry I cannot contribute to Clover right now (I will). Since Im now quite happy with my own Clover here. Too difficult for me to sync my forked Clover to the official, because lot of changes been made with my poor coding skill & massive updates from official repo. Feel free to take any lines of code from there if you think could be useful.

I will not comment about .icns format, since I personally abandon that format (preferred to PNG only including its extension with powerful Lodepng lib) with some tweaks for GUI as follows:

1. Merged Vol & badge icon in "space" / entry loader detail
2. Popper left aligned with/without checkbox input
3. Selected with hover color
4. Title separator
5. Wrapped long text
6. Infinite scroll

I realized that my bad english / explanations deserve to be blamed causing all this trouble, sorry. What i want to say from the beginning is:

1. Please use correct icon extension (for theme creator) & render as is (in Clover).
2. If Clover allow icns format, which support multiple sizes, it will let theme creator to do some more improvements.

Conclusions:

For now, no need to change anything, all functions & development model are comfortable for everyone & still working good.

Yes I will try to play with scaling volume & os icon too, thanks for the tip :)

Attached binary to play

• Like 5

No problem. I fully understand and your English is very good.

You are a talented individual and this community relies on contributors like yourself who freely give their time :)

1. Please use correct icon extension (for theme creator) & render as is (in Clover).

apianti gave an answer to this earlier, but I agree and did mention this at the time.

Yes I will try to play with scaling volume & os icon too, thanks for the tip :)

I know you are busy but if you ever get time to play then it would be interesting to see the result.

Attached binary to play

Thanks for pointing to your repo and showing your changes. The changes look good.

I'll try to take a look if I ever get time :P

@blackosx

If you look my theme in_box is it Compress of maximum I think ?

I am not see other theme in repos with anime as light as this one, can be only ransom theme  :D

but I have lots of theme so I not put in repos

I used TinyPNG to Compress the png icons  :)

Well done for optimising your theme files!

However, you forgot to optimise the screenshot.png and scrollbar images ;)

But yes, a nice light theme. I'll add it to the repo for you.

Yes I requested the manjaro icon

Just the basic linux icons would be great for all themes. Debian, Ubuntu, linux mint, arch linux, fedora just to name a few.

Ah. forgive me for forgetting it was for you :P

Yeah, some Linux icons would be good for all themes but I don't think it will happen for all existing themes unless the authors either do it or some kind soul with plenty of time does it.

• Like 2

Applying this theme and as stated it looks great but it hasnt got the black background.

Its a Transparant background on this theme check probably you have a Graphics issue ?

Its show PINK  :hysterical:  :lol:

See on the theme background

This is my boot live Clover r4098

screen11.png

Its a Transparant background on this theme check probably you have a Graphics issue ?

Its show PINK :hysterical:

See on the theme background

This is my boot live Clover r4098

screen11.png

On my laptop it looks like that but on my desktop it's white. Laptop is the theme you uploaded where as the desktop is from clover theme manager. Maybe error with upload?

On my laptop it looks like that but on my desktop it's white. Laptop is the theme you uploaded where as the desktop is from clover theme manager. Maybe error with upload?

You are right

Clover Theme Manager change the background ? 

screen12.png

Maybe blackosx will Fix this because if the theme is not download by the Manager the background is black  :)

Strange ?

Or simply I just change for a Black Background

Edit++

Whit a black background thats work good   :D

Ive going a change background tomorow

screen13.png

• Like 1

You are right

Clover Theme Manager change the background ?

No. I uploaded the files you posted.

Both of your posts where you uploaded that theme here and here have transparent backgrounds. ;)

I normally test themes before I uploaded them but this time I didn't.

Anyhow, it's fixed now.

And what's happened to the embedded theme?

Something has changed.... I'll take a look if I get time later.

post-331032-0-98789200-1498542714_thumb.png

• Like 1

@blackosx,

That's weird, the embedded theme works perfectly fine for me, I use it for testing because it's fastest and I'm too lazy to add other themes to a stick I keep erasing. lol.

@cecekpawon,

I didn't get a chance to look through everything in that repo either, but you can have developer access at sf.net if you'd like, you only need to ask and show some ability. I think you've done that. Some of that stuff has needed to be implemented for a while. Please let me know and I can add you if you'd like to port your changes over to the official repo. I can try to help you with merge methods as well, if you are running into conflicts.

EDIT: Wait, weren't you already in the developer group? Did you leave? Or were those commits merges from your repo?

• Like 1

No. I uploaded the files you posted.

Both of your posts where you uploaded that theme here and here have transparent backgrounds. ;)

I normally test themes before I uploaded them but this time I didn't.

Anyhow, it's fixed now.

Thanks its good now  :wink_anim:

Yea I see user report Embed change collor sometimes ?

@blackosx,

That's weird, the embedded theme works perfectly fine for me

That issue randomly appear when user try to compile Clover with XCODE5 (except GCC) I guess.. I have reported to Slice long time ago, after picopng to Lodepng migration for taking Screenshot as png. Need your review regarding my last change to correctly decoding png with Lodepng here.. I believe theres something wrong here, please compare with yours.. I also continuing update the lib here

EDIT: Wait, weren't you already in the developer group? Did you leave? Or were those commits merges from your repo?

Im asking Slice to remove my account from dev group. To propose new update under his review before doing another commit @apianti :)

+1

4097 does not show some icons (even option icons).

Back to 4077 and icons are shown.

4097 + custom theme is fine.

@blackosx,

That's weird, the embedded theme works perfectly fine for me, I use it for testing because it's fastest and I'm too lazy to add other themes to a stick I keep erasing. lol.

That issue randomly appear when user try to compile Clover with XCODE5 (except GCC) I guess..

+1

I've run some tests.

For ref, CLOVERX64.efi from official package on SF is fine.

1st = incorrect = Embedded volume icons missing

1:891 0:000 Build with: [Args: -x64 -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D ONLY_SATA_0 -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS -t XCODE5 | -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D ONLY_SATA_0 -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -n 9 | OS: 10.11.6 | XCODE: 7.0.1]

2nd = incorrect = Embedded volume icons missing

1:868 0:000 Build with: [Args: -x64 -t XCODE5 | -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -n 9 | OS: 10.11.6 | XCODE: 7.0.1]

3rd = works (from repo) = Embedded theme all good

1:890 0:000 Build with: [Args: -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED | -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -n 5 | OS: 10.12.5 | XCODE: 8.3.3]

4th = Embedded volume icons missing

Build with: [Args: -x64 -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -t XCODE5 | -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -n 9 | OS: 10.11.6 | XCODE: 7.0.1]

5th = works (almost) = Embedded okay except missing option icon?

1:876 0:000 Build with: [Args: -x64 -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -t XCODE8 | -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 9 | OS: 10.12.5 | XCODE: 8.3.3]

6th = works = Embedded theme all good

1:869 0:000 Build with: [Args: -x64 -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS -t GCC53 | -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t GCC53 -n 9 | OS: 10.11.6]

So from these limited tests, as cecekpawon mentions, it's working here with GCC toolchain, but is not 100% when using XCODE toolchain - when I build it here. As I said, official package from repo is fine.

@blackosx

Can we please get the theme BGM updated with the new High Sierra icon  :thumbsup_anim:

I've updated BGM and BGM256 with new sierra and high sierra icons. Also added the extra kali and manjaro icons that I had lying around.

• Like 7

Hey,long time no see...I get a new Clover Theme here, Yosemite, using the glossy glass as back ground hope you guys love it.Every os icon has to be redrew due to difference of the icon of OS X Yosemite and Mavericks.

jh89uRV8C9XA8.png

2ibdt75.png

Can we get this theme updated for Windows 10 and High Sierra?  Thanks!

A new theme is in the making, based on the work of insanelyDeepak and CrispyOSX, I gave it a macOS Sierra twist hihihi

Hope you guys enjoy, although I am facing a few little problems.... 

This theme , Mr BootChamp is using the font of the El Capitan theme because it is the nicest looking font we have going on... Could you help me understand why it renders well sometimes and other times no?

attachicon.gifscreenshot0.png

attachicon.gifscreenshot1.png

attachicon.gifscreenshot2.png

attachicon.gifMr BootChamp.zip

Nice theme, add icons disk high sierra :rolleyes:  

Hi folks,

Is there any chance of a High Sierra Blur.png for the El Capitan Theme by CosmosCJ please?

Also regarding this theme, how would I get the letter spacing closer together in the menu's as it is in the main menu?

Wide spacing...

post-499606-0-68636600-1498942867_thumb.jpg

Normal spacing (Which looks better)...

post-499606-0-62057300-1498942874_thumb.jpg

Hi folks,

Is there any chance of a High Sierra Blur.png for the El Capitan Theme by CosmosCJ please?

Also regarding this theme, how would I get the letter spacing closer together in the menu's as it is in the main menu?

Wide spacing...

attachicon.gifUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a63.jpg

Normal spacing (Which looks better)...

attachicon.gifUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a64.jpg

Done here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288685-clover-themes/?p=2449122

• Like 3

I hope this is the right place, but when i install the newer versions of clover if i install the BGM theme it is not the updated one from the repo. Can the theme be updated for the Clover installer from the theme repo please.