Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

Gothic: Review, Love it.

attachicon.gifgothic.png

Material: Review, Clean.

attachicon.gifmaterial.png

Sunset: Just as nice but missing my main icons  :(

attachicon.gifsunset.png

Minimal: Very clean but also missing some of my main icons.

attachicon.gifminimal.png

Sorry mate, forgot to include those since I had an old version of the Gothic theme, now it should be fixed! And maybe you guys if you like it you have all my permission to upload to repo! Cheers

SunSetting.zip

• Like 1

Here is the Theme, i couldn't upload it yesterday because I can compress no more files.  :(

As I said it is for 4K displays, but maybe someone is a fan of huge icons. :)

attachicon.gifUHD_Theme.zip

You did a good job with this theme wern apfel.

I've not used a 4K display so never had to deal with this issue but large resolution displays will be more common place in time and as apianti has mentioned, then issue has to be addressed with the GUI.

New "Material" Clover Theme. Enjoy  :)

Another one from the Badruzeus factory!

Nice work :)

p.s. I've seen you now have a SourceForge account so do you want to commit this and your recent changes to your Gothic theme yourself once you get set up? If not, let me know and I can do it sometime today maybe.

Minimal: Very clean but also missing some of my main icons.

attachicon.gifminimal.png

Looks great..  But yes, as discussed before, many themes are missing 'extra' icons.

Sorry mate, forgot to include those since I had an old version of the Gothic theme, now it should be fixed! And maybe you guys if you like it you have all my permission to upload to repo! Cheers

attachicon.gifSunSetting.zip

I'm not sure this should go in to repo as all you've done is taken Badruzeus' theme, replaced the logo animation with an apple logo, changed the font and background image... you may have to convince me otherwise ;)

By the way gus, i have a couple questions, is it possible to invert the colour of the checkboxes to black with a white tick? Also, would the value #000000 be possible for the text selection? Will it render ok? Because i would like a semi transparent black selection, just like Mac OS X HUD kind of thing hihi

Have a go at editing some of the files and try it, see what happens.

You may need to create the inverted checkbox graphics.

@all,

As I have been contemplating for a while about the GUI (I absolutely hate it if I haven't been clear for 5+ years lol), the extreme difference in display resolution is getting out of hand. It goes from like 800x600 to 4K, there's absolutely no way to make themes look great or even remotely ok on such a wide variety of resolutions with static sized elements. I really need to get it together and rewrite this s h i t.

You mentioned using SVG before and it is the only way to have a pin sharp GUI at any resolution without using masses of different sized images files. I've spent many years working with vector graphics so this idea doesn't scare me at all but I wonder how would other users feel about being able to create themes using vector graphics? 

• Like 2

YtvFKcQ.png

Download | via Drive:

MD5: dbf1cbe6e7d7dcd2298a725e44fc6f5e

amazing Job  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  

suggestion  : please remove f1info + revision  in bottom right and left corner , will add more beauty to theme  

this added to my Favourite list , again great work 

I was working on cloverThemes one of it looks similar to you , its still in progress due to lack of time  :(  :(

sorry guys I will update crispy OSX and complete in-progress theme soon  

• Like 2

amazing Job  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  

suggestion  : please remove f1info + revision  in bottom right and left corner , will add more beauty to theme  

this added to my Favourite list , again great work 

I was working on cloverThemes one of it looks similar to you , its still in progress due to lack of time  :(  :(

Thanks if U enjoy it.

And for "F1: Help" && "Clover revision" at both bottom corner area; I'm sure per-user could easily edit him self on "theme.plist" file included. The idea is just to help a new user with Clover bootloader for knowing it's revision and also to confirm that user already use that revision after updated to a newer one upon boot w/o need to open "About" page. Anyway, I really appreciate ur good idea.  :wink_anim:

For ur similar theme project, U could ofc use a closer look & feel to "Material Design" (AFAIK material design it self doesn't use Color Gradient, but my theme does  :lol: ). Ur "CrispyOSX" theme is also awesome. Good luck.

You did a good job with this theme wern apfel.

I've not used a 4K display so never had to deal with this issue but large resolution displays will be more common place in time and as apianti has mentioned, then issue has to be addressed with the GUI.

Thank you, I think if apianti adds a fix for the scaling issue, we will have to remade all themes to 4k or higher, because i expect that an upscaled theme looks poor.

• Like 1

Hello, thanks to all of you guys. Now, Material theme is already available on Clover Repository!  :wink_anim:

Fyi, I got lots of feedback to made it looks "brighter", so I decided to use a colorful background (but previous dark one is also included).

I hope u're enjoy with it. Cheers!

AugnbuU.jpg

• Like 3

OK, so after reviewing the theme and after a day diving in the Atlantic, I got the idea!!!!

Let me know if this is better! Theme name is "SunsetClover" , it is the coolest looking bootloader I have ever seen hihihi

And thanks for the advice on the checkboxes, it worked great, as well as a semi transparent black selection (0x00000080) 

I am really happy with this and use it in all my machines, though I would like to see how it looks in yours, with so many partitions hahahha  :thumbsup_anim:

SunsetClover.zip

post-1517295-0-37695100-1502040618_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-56836400-1502040631_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-87713900-1502040687_thumb.png

I want to thank @Badruzeus and @chris1111 for their work!

Maybe this is worthy of the repo hihihihi  :P

• Like 2

@badruzeus,

Oh, awesome. Glad blackosx got you hooked up, I was busy, sorry.

@all,

There are not going to be any GUI updates to v2. I lost most of my work on v3 when my computer was stolen, maybe some lucky person out there has it, lol. The disk was encrypted so they might finish it themselves in a few days if so, haha. As for continuing to work on v3, I am unsure as I don't have very much time and am getting increasingly more ill. Maybe if I eventually have some motivation....

• Like 1

@badruzeus,

Oh, awesome. Glad blackosx got you hooked up, I was busy, sorry.

@all,

There are not going to be any GUI updates to v2. I lost most of my work on v3 when my computer was stolen, maybe some lucky person out there has it, lol. The disk was encrypted so they might finish it themselves in a few days if so, haha. As for continuing to work on v3, I am unsure as I don't have very much time and am getting increasingly more ill. Maybe if I eventually have some motivation....

@apanti I am really sorry to hear that! I wish you will recovery soon and everything be fine!

Best wishes,

syscl

• Like 2

@all,

It's so sad, I'm so sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you. I hope you get better.

• Like 1

The theme gold_clover as changing for better optimising  :D
182 Logo animation , the Logo completly explose!

Complet new icons, ,new Background, its a totally refreshing theme
I try as best as possible to put real piece of gold like those in the pirate chests  :hysterical:  :lol:
 os_hsi12.png

os_rec10.png

func_o10.png

screen28.png

screen27.png

screen26.png

The theme is available in CloverThemeManager

captur97.png

• Like 4

Awesome screenshots and thanks for reviews, oh wow... 9 different OSes (plus Ubuntu I think) on single mach  :lol:

Fyi, u could also try with "RemixOS or PhoenixOS" which are based on Android x86 (just not sure both icons would applied automagically), but need little changes on "~/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.dsc":

from these:

!ifdef ANDX86
  DEFINE ANDX86_FLAG = -DANDX86
!endif

to:

#!ifdef ANDX86
  DEFINE ANDX86_FLAG = -DANDX86
#!endif

*) Credit: @cecekpawon 

Hardware List (Android x86: mainly with Intel HD Graphics)

post-1083558-0-00825500-1502255799_thumb.png

• Like 1

YtvFKcQ.png

Download | via Drive:

MD5: dbf1cbe6e7d7dcd2298a725e44fc6f5e

#EDIT: Release version with some changes was available on Clover Theme repo as committed here. Thanks  :)

Nice one indeed, but IMO it looks better if you change the font with the one from the Universe theme. The current one looks a bit pixelated.

• Like 2

Nice one indeed, but IMO it looks better if you change the font with the one from the Universe theme. The current one looks a bit pixelated.

Thanks for ur suggestion, now it looks better with ClearType  :thumbsup_anim:

Good tutorial, but I need to learn it later if having enough time. Uhmmb, but I think I've to finish my new theme first..  :) cheers!

post-826765-0-24953500-1502437921_thumb.png

• Like 5

Thanks for ur suggestion, now it looks better with ClearType  :thumbsup_anim:

Good tutorial, but I need to learn it later if having enough time. Uhmmb, but I think I've to finish my new theme first..  :) cheers!

Dude you're on Fiya! :D:P

Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Another great looking theme. I must complement you on your eye for quality and detail. To me, these things make a big difference.

It's just a hobby to fill my spare time. To be honest, I just realized that hackintosh can also be used for this kind of work.  :hysterical: 

#EDIT: For the new upcoming theme, my plan is named "Black Metal" "Gothic Metal" << 'Gothic-Metal'. Thanks for ur 'permissions' (still finishing theme's logo).

#EDIT2: Te final name for theme released as "Carbon".

• Like 1