Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

It's just a hobby to fill my spare time.

Yeah.. the fun of the Hackintosh.. it's great when you have the spare time which is sadly lacking for me.

I just realized that hackintosh can also be used for this kind of work.  :hysterical:

Absolutely.. My hack, which is old now, works great with the latest Creative Cloud etc..

#EDIT: For the new upcoming theme, my plan is named "Black Metal" "Gothic Metal". Thanks for ur 'permissions' (still finishing theme's logo).

I'll add the theme name 'Gothic Metal' to your access list ;)

EDIT: hmm.. not added a theme with spaces in its name to the access list before...

EDIT2: I've ssh'd in to the server and taken a look at the back-end scripts. There's an issue when using spaces in theme names in as much as a loop in the update script splits on whitespace so it will match on the string Gothic and not Gothic Metal. It will need time to look at it but for now, I believe you will be able to upload your theme but your Gothic theme may be flagged as updated as well.

EDIT3: One easy work-around for now is to name the theme something else, without a space, and not starting with the same chars as an already existing theme... Not ideal but it's up to you.

EDIT4: I've added Gothic Metal to the access list. Try it if you like but if you decide to change it's name then let me know.

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 1

It's just a hobby to fill my spare time. To be honest, I just realized that hackintosh can also be used for this kind of work.  :hysterical: 

#EDIT: For the new upcoming theme, my plan is named "Black Metal" "Gothic Metal". Thanks for ur 'permissions' (still finishing theme's logo).

Waiting for Gothic Metal to hit the repo  :thumbsup_anim: 

• Like 1

EDIT3: One easy work-around for now is to name the theme something else, without a space, and not starting with the same chars as an already existing theme... Not ideal but it's up to you.

No worry, it' s just a name.. using "Gothic-Metal" (with dash) is also same theme, thanks  :wink_anim:

#Edit: Thanks (resources compression in progress, uploaded soon).

#Edit2: The theme has been uploaded successfully! Enjoy..  :thumbsup_anim:

OK, our new "Gothic-Metal" theme is available on Clover Official Repo. Enjoy..!

(To be honest It should to be uploaded 8 hours earlier, but suddenly gotta.. yeah, my body hibernated << overslept.. LoL  :hysterical: )

[Removed-IMG]

#EDIT: Fyi, It became a little bit different with my 1st concept that has logo animation, but duno why on last preview I found it didn't fit the display reso (cropped) compared to original project compose. So, for 1st release I deal with just static logo. Thanks.

#EDIT2: Sorry, there was typo on committed message when uploading, it should to be "Gothic-Metal" with a dash instead of 'space'. My bad, Cheers!   :rofl:

#EDIT3: The theme has beed updated to v1.1, here's a new one. Thanks.

#EDIT4: Theme's name changed to "Carbon" as committed here. Cheers!  :wink_anim:

• Like 2

Absolutely gorgeous icons in Gothic-Metal Badruzeus. Fantastic attention to detail. Professional Job!

LoL.., I'm sure U were talking about Jony Ive  :P

Fyi, "Gothic-Metal" "Carbon" theme has been updated to v1.1 with some changes:

~ New darker brushed metal background (no longer looks like 1970's B/W movie), also uses 8-bit PNG (was 24-bit on 1st released)

~ Re-designed Fuction icons to match theme's background.

Happy hackintosh and enjoy!  :thumbsup_anim:

JIp2q4x.png

• Like 6

LoL.., I'm sure U were talking about Jony Ive  :P

Fyi, "Gothic Metal" theme has been updated to v1.1 with some changes:

~ New darker brushed metal background (no longer looks like 1970's B/W movie)

~ Re-designed Fuction icons to match theme's background.

Happy hackintosh and enjoy!  :thumbsup_anim:

Great thème Badruzeus  :thumbsup_anim: super job man!  :wink_anim:

Looks good

question ? 1080p  is this normal the wayvy collor at the bottom of the background

screen15.jpg

• Like 1

question ?  is this normal the wayvy collor at the bottom of the background

Oops, my bad.. it was problem with my display calibration, yeah.. I think on an Editor I filled it with too darker gradient effects on top & bottom of background image so it looks like "black waves". Thanks for feedback, I'll re-check it again.

(Fyi, I usually use "Display Overrides" with lower gamma level. But last time when designed this theme, I just realized that I was using sRGB which is brighter)  :)

#EDIT: 8-bit PNG also could produce same problem with color gradient.

Oops, my bad.. it was problem with my display calibration, yeah.. I think that I filled it with too darker gradient effects on top & bottom of background image so it looks like "a wave". Thanks for feedback, I'll re-checking it again. (Fyi, I usually use "Display Overrides" with lower gamma level. But last time when designed this theme, I just realized that I was using sRGB)  :)

Its just a litlle thecnic issue, overall its a great peace of art  :thumbsup_anim:  :D

• Like 1

Its just a litlle thecnic issue, overall its a great peace of art  :thumbsup_anim:  :D

Thanks anyway, but U may try this new background on 1080p and let me know if the problem is still persist.

(but I think would update to the repo later together with some new icons for Gothic & Material themes, just bcoz I don't wanna spamming it with too much commit messages on a day.. LoL  :lol: )

@blackosx,

You can add themes with spaces to index-access but you need to put a backslash before the space to escape it, otherwise it will be split at the space as another theme path. Actually, I'm not sure about that, I can't recall where the script breaks the paths. Maybe that's a test kinda thing, but maybe just best to avoid spaces in names, lol.

Yeah, but don't forget these within ur ~/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.dsc file, good luck  :)

Why not just call the script to build with -DANDX86?

• Like 1

@blackosx,

You can add themes with spaces to index-access but you need to put a backslash before the space to escape it, otherwise it will be split at the space as another theme path. Actually, I'm not sure about that, I can't recall where the script breaks the paths. Maybe that's a test kinda thing, but maybe just best to avoid spaces in names, lol.

Yeah. Let's keep it simple as I don't have time at the moment to do anything with the scripts. I did copy the update script, which is the one which checks user access, to my local machine to run some tests with escaped spaces and quotes spaces and both failed, though I didn't run any tests server side.

I've given Badrezeus carte blanche access to the themes dir. I think we can trust him ;)

• Like 3

I'm glad to announce that "Gothic-Metal" theme has been renamed to "Carbon" due to user inconsistency

(I gotta feedback from some users with that problem caused by my bad about it's name).

Again, sorry for inconvenience and many thanks to @blackosx, @apianti && @chris1111 etc.. for ur suggestion.

Regards,

Badruzeus

post-826765-0-38828700-1502612832_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It has not been seen for a few days, am I turning into a ghost? Oh no, here I am now finalizing the logo (and some tests) for our upcoming theme, "Crystal"...

FYI, it' s just another Clover dark theme with crystallized icons effect, supports up to 1080p display resolution...  :P

post-826765-0-82808000-1503231088_thumb.jpg

post-826765-0-83647800-1503231152_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Well, our new "Crystal" theme v1.0 is now available on Clover Repo. Enjoy..!!!   :)

PDgNi2Q.png

Notice: 

If you feel that default background is too bright and makes your eyes hurt  :lol:, an alternate darker one will be available in the next release. Thanks.

post-826765-0-46852900-1503246615_thumb.png

post-826765-0-00160500-1503246864_thumb.jpg

post-826765-0-43251200-1503247010_thumb.png

• Like 6