Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I hope Clover include in these distributions in the future (quickly) :)

Hi Mat! :)

Did you get a chance to test MemoryFix, as well? I'm curious if it also works for you.

The more people test it, the closer we are to it being included by default. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hi Mat! :)

Did you get a chance to test MemoryFix, as well? I'm curious if it also works for you.

The more people test it, the closer we are to it being included by default. 

@vector sigma @arsradu

MemoryFix.efi works fine on both Z77 IvyBridge and Z390 Coffee Lake-R motherboard.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

r5037

i never boot macos. always get black screen.

previous version no problem.

my system

i7-6500u

I am not using the patch APIC

May I have a little more information about this issue?

• Like 1

is this MemoryFix the new AptioFix? I am so confused. We already have a third and you added one more.

1)AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

2)OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi

3)OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

4)MemoryFix

What is the difference between MemoryFix then others?

7 minutes ago, telepati said:

is this MemoryFix the new AptioFix? I am so confused. We already have a third and you added one more.

1)AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

2)OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi

3)OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

4)MemoryFix

What is the difference between MemoryFix then others?

MemoryFix its the same OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000... the numbers don't lie c249a390dbff7166da4fb9a7608b2e88ed3a1a2fcc8a0c3be54fdbe2ac76ec50

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

MemoryFix its the same OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000... the numbers don't lie c249a390dbff7166da4fb9a7608b2e88ed3a1a2fcc8a0c3be54fdbe2ac76ec50

My colleague had this in a 2014/2015 x299 (or x99 or whatever) which actually works, not sure what was, the only thing is that is a old driver from apianti posted as sourceforge as far He remembar, used to fix this kind of mobos where also AptioMemoryFix today seems to fail unless he dethach some of its pci stuff. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

My colleague had this in a 2014/2015 x299 (or x99 or whatever) which actually works, not sure what was, the only thing is that is a old driver from apianti posted as sourceforge as far He remembar, used to fix this kind of mobos where also AptioMemoryFix today seems to fail unless he dethach some of its pci stuff. 

https://www.nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

the author

Edited by MICKHAEL

but x299 no needs of it

never used also in my previous x99

People here are in a sort of anxiety status for the future because Acidanthera aptiofix developer has closed for a regular support of Clover Bootloader

For now if your system is working with one of "old" memory efi driver it will work till motherboard manufactured will change in an aggressive way their bios firmware..and in this case, maybe, many memory fix driver could fail!

So don't worry for now..be happy :)

Edited by Guest

40 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

but x299 no needs of it

never used also in my previous x99

This depend by the firmware and things attached to the motherboard and how memory is badly fragmented allocating memory.

Edited by vector sigma

4 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

This depend by the firmware and things attached to the motherboard and how memory is badly fragmented allocating memory. Linux solve all this using the efi-stub.

I know, I had in different time three different motherboards manufacture (like Asus, Asrock, gigabyte) for x99 and x299 system, and I usually have a full house system (many card on it, thunderbolt and dual GFX card)

In my case I have always avoided that driver and with some effort in bios configuration I have always had a working OSX system

I have also tested "yours" because I thought was a your compiled test for memory driver

Otherwise I won't test it.

Just now, fabiosun said:

I have also tested "yours" because I thought was a your compiled test for memory driver

Otherwise I won't test it.

Just discovered what was as I was unaware. My friend can't boot with any of the actual memory fix drivers... so I was curious about it.

4 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Just discovered what was as I was unaware. My friend can't boot with any of the actual memory fix drivers... so I was curious about it.

may I suggest to modify your message (where you link the efi memory driver) specifying better the source?

Thank you