Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Andrey1970 said:

Make a fork of source codes AMF in Clover. Vit not against.

Ha ha, apparently the problem is to download a file from a site. Who wants it just type a word in a search field in the broswer (please try to type "AptioMemoryFix.efi", go to "release" and bam, got it for free!... let me know how difficult is). May be the problem is to mount the ESP to copy a file w/o using the installer? ...who knows..

BTW that was my idea also because it was firstly forked from Clover, just require time to work on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Same issue with come back to AptioMemoryFix.efi : can't restart or shutdown :cry:

Only under Catalina...? Cause that's weird... Aside from AptioMemoryFix did you change anything else in the config? Cause I don't think Memory Fix (any of them) have anything to do with this. Maybe some kexts...need to be updated for Catalina? Do you use some of those 300-series injector kexts?

Edit: I see that you're using one build exclusively with Catalina and the other one exclusively with Mojave? I'm guessing that's why you couldn't test the same EFI, on the same hardware, with both Catalina and Mojave.

Also, digging around, I saw some people suggesting to remove FakeSMC sensors (if you're using something like that) and trying again?

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, arsradu said:

Only under Catalina...? Cause that's weird... Aside from AptioMemoryFix did you change anything else in the config? Cause I don't think Memory Fix (any of them) have anything to do with this. Maybe some kexts...need to be updated for Catalina? Do you use some of those 300-series injector kexts?

Edit: I see that you're using one build exclusively with Catalina and the other one exclusively with Mojave? I'm guessing that's why you couldn't test the same EFI, on the same hardware, with both Catalina and Mojave.

Also, digging around, I saw some people suggesting to remove FakeSMC sensors (if you're using something like that) and trying again?

Before OC tests installed on USB Stick to boot on Catalina (Clover), I don't have this issue. I try Reset Nvram, Rebuild and repair permissions: no success. I can't restart or shutdown.

All my kexts seems to be up to date. I don't use FakeSMC sensors because I use virtualSMC.

EDIT: different config, different OS, different EFI Folder. IvyBridge (r5039) works fine on Mojave, Coffee Lake-R Z390 no more on Beta 5 Catalina. Very strange.

Edited by Matgen84

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Before OC tests installed on USB Stick to boot on Catalina (Clover), I don't have this issue. I try Reset Nvram, Rebuild and repair permissions: no success. I can't restart or shutdown.

All my kexts seems to be up to date. I don't use FakeSMC sensors because I use virtualSMC.

Hmmm....I saw people having some issues with VirtualSMC under Catalina...? Could you give FakeSMC a try? Or is there a specific reason why you would prefer not to?

Something's gotta be different before then and now. And I think it's important to figure out what that is.

Edited by arsradu

3 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Rebuild kextcache and prelinked kernel in CATALINA need run "sudo mount -uw /" first, or your prelinked kernel will never be built

1 minute ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Rebuild kextcache and prelinked kernel in CATALINA need run "sudo mount -uw /" first, or your prelinked kernel will never be built

I use @chris1111 for "sudo mount -uw /", and @Cyberdevs macoptimizer.app to do that. Is it correct. For now, no success

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

I use @chris1111 for "sudo mount -uw /", and @Cyberdevs macoptimizer.app to do that. Is it correct. For now, no success

Did you change somthing in your bios?? Like hot plug enable for your SATA port??? In my Z170, enable hot plug in bios without Hot plug kext patch enable can prevent computer from sleep. Follow this step

1. Disable all your Hot Plug capability of sata port in BIOS
2. Boot to macOS, "sudo mount -uw /" then rebuild kextcache / prelinked kernel with "Kext utility.app".
3. Reboot, and check for the result

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Did you change somthing in your bios?? Like hot plug enable for your SATA port??? In my Z170, enable hot plug in bios without Hot plug kext patch enable can prevent computer from sleep. Follow this step

1. Disable all your Hot Plug capability of sata port in BIOS
2. Boot to macOS, "sudo mount -uw /" then rebuild kextcache / prelinked kernel with "Kext utility.app".
3. Reboot, and check for the result

I don't change anything in BIOS settings. Until now, I don't have this issue with Hot Plug capability of sata ports in BIOS.

I try your check list

@Andres ZeroCross No solved problem. Very strange issue.

Edited by Matgen84

Guest ricoc90
7 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Ha ha, apparently the problem is to download a file from a site. Who wants it just type a word in a search field in the broswer (please try to type "AptioMemoryFix.efi", go to "release" and bam, got it for free!... let me know how difficult is).

Well, since you've asked: Very difficult. instructions unclear! Which button do I have to press...?! There's no such button as "Release"! :huh:

Spoiler

1212229945_Schermafbeelding2019-08-09om10_33_25.png.dd09ce872f3362f24c35d17950c45a0c.png

16 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

Well, since you've asked: Very difficult. instructions unclear! Which button do I have to press...?! There's no such button as "Release"! :huh:

Reveal hidden contents

1212229945_Schermafbeelding2019-08-09om10_33_25.png.dd09ce872f3362f24c35d17950c45a0c.png

You can download in archives repo: https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg/releases

Thanks for Clover r5039, mach halt (reboot / shutdown) are now working properly w/o rolling AcpiPatcher.c back to r5027 on my laptop with 2nd Gen cpu. Seems normal with or w/o PatchAPIC=NO.

Eh, I still use last AptioMemoryFix R27, along with HwSensor's FakeSMC v3.5.2 or VirtualSMC v1.0.7; none of them caused halt issue on my case but APIC patch since r5028 upto r5038.

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 2

Hi Guys

Sorry if is Off-Topic

I use Clover r5039 + kexts/drivers update. I can boot on Catalina (Beta 5), but I can't reboot or shutdown without panic.

Any ideas, please.

5.jpg

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi Guys

Sorry if is Off-Topic

I use Clover r5039 + kexts/drivers update. I can boot on Catalina (Beta 5), but I can't reboot or shutdown without panic.

Any ideas, please.

Did you get similar issue with prev. Clover revs or 10.15 Beta 4?

I may guess trying diff. Clovers (*.efi drivers, kexts, etc) to determine the issue is from bootloader or the OS it' s self. Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus

1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

Did you get similar issue with prev. Clover revs or 10.15 Beta 4?

I may guess trying diff. Clovers (*.efi drivers, kexts, etc) to determine the issue is from bootloader or the OS it' s self. Thanks.

Thanks. :)

I don't have this panic on Beta 5 before yesterday. I will follow your advice to determine the cause (OS, Clover). Kexts have not changed since Beta 4.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

Reveal hidden contents

https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg/releases

r27 https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg/releases/download/R27/AptioFix-R27-RELEASE.zip

Just now, ricoc90 said:

Thanks but I still don't get it. Can you instead just come by my place and do it for me? I have no idea how all of this works :huh::shock:

Ha ha, I was reading back and didn't realize of your later reponse. 

I'll made a tutorial Lol

10 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

EDIT: different config, different OS, different EFI Folder. IvyBridge (r5039) works fine on Mojave, Coffee Lake-R Z390 no more on Beta 5 Catalina. Very strange.

You can try from Mojave and do something like that:

sudo touch /Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/Catalina 

if is still a problem of cache

17 hours ago, ellaosx said:

in buildme, i got error if i select 2 & 3 option.

Im using xcode 10.1 on HighSierra

22 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Can't compile with buildme :o

Hi, just tried in mojave and worked here. Did you solve or it's related to Xcode 11?

• Thanks 1

Guest ricoc90
1 hour ago, vector sigma said:

Hi, just tried in mojave and worked here. Did you solve or it's related to Xcode 11?

1363450461_Schermafbeelding2019-08-09om21_14_14.png.d3a82c736830f45ed48598260e69acb6.png

5 hours ago, camillionario said:

Thanks, but now I receive this error

455406803_Capturadepantalla2019-08-09alas22_35_26.png.9e72250b85949c8e192c20aa3e9caa1c.png

7 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

1363450461_Schermafbeelding2019-08-09om21_14_14.png.d3a82c736830f45ed48598260e69acb6.png

Caused by update to Ukrainian translation name commit r5038

Fixed by renaming /CloverPackage/package/po/uk_UA.po to shorter form - uk.po (like before the commit).

Edited by fusion71au
  • Like 1