Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,809 posts in this topic

@stayupforever909:

The SSDT you uploaded does not inject the required property "plugin-type": 1 for CPU0, which is the key to load the X86PlatformPlugin. The DarwinDump does not have an SSDT table with frequencies at all.

Try using the right Clover config option "GenerateIvyStates=Yes".

EDIT: Small simplification.

Edited by k3nny

Sorry If my last post was unclear

What I am trying to achive is Ivy bridge power managment with speed stepping. By this I mean loading the kexts x86PlatformPlugin.kext and x86PlatformShim and achiving more that 2 p-states.

At the moment when I boot with Clover and the sys def Macmini6,2 I only achive 2 p-states of 16 and 34 and x86PlatformPlugin.kext and x86PlatformShim do not load. When I boot with Chameleon though x86PlatformPlugin.kext and x86PlatformShim load and I achive p-states of 16 20 26 30 34 39.

I belive it has something to do with the SMC version (system) that loads. Chameleon is know to interact with fakeSMC and inject the SMC version 1.30f3. When Booting with Clover this does not happen and the correct SMC version for the sys def choice I have made is loaded. Is this something I can control through Clovers config.plist, or is there another way to get x86PlatformPlugin.kext and x86PlatformShim to load when booting with Clover.

Thanks

this one its easy with clover.

if u only see my sig then u can find a little unfinished tweak guide for this board.

If u wanna make speedstep like this using macmini then just use my config.plist

no need for ssdt or anything else just right bios setup like in my guide.

post-307055-0-35735500-1367504477_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

I am trying to get AGPM loaded for better power management.

I have an Intel i7-3517U. My laptop is an Asus Zenbook UX32VD (here are the specs, https://www.asus.com...#specifications).

I took a dump of my SSDT from Windows and got some one to patch it for me. I do not why the X86Platform kext is not being loaded. Any help would be appreciated.

On a side note, I want to confirm that I should place my SSDT.aml and SSDT-x.aml files in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Am I placing the SSDT files in the correct path?

Edit:

After using the script that k3nny posted above to generate a 'proper' SSDT, I have perfect Ivy Bridge power management. Looks like I need to have the latest AppleACPI kext for the kexts to be loaded.

Patched_SSDT_DSDT.zip

config.plist.zip

I am trying to get AGPM loaded for better power management.

I have an Intel i7-3517U. My laptop is an Asus Zenbook UX32VD (here are the specs, https://www.asus.com...#specifications).

I took a dump of my SSDT from Windows and got some one to patch it for me. I do not why the X86Platform kext is not being loaded. Any help would be appreciated.

On a side note, I want to confirm that I should place my SSDT.aml and SSDT-x.aml files in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Am I placing the SSDT files in the correct path?

Edit:

After using the script that k3nny posted above to generate a 'proper' SSDT, I have perfect Ivy Bridge power management. Looks like I need to have the latest AppleACPI kext for the kexts to be loaded.

Did you try GenerateIvyStates=Yes?

@Slice : thank you for this explanation.

With the options 'install Clover in ESP' and 'BIOS MBR boot0', clover installer did what you said.

But after reboot, i'm stuck in duet screen with no device detection : so no boot.

To make it boot, i have to replace the hidden boot file in //EFI by the boot file which is created by clover installer in main OSX partition when you install without the 'install in ESP' option checked.

Don't know why ...

Would someone please be so kind and update this list: Chameleon, rEFIt, XNU, VirtualBox

Please add RevoBoot to it, because the way it is now is kind of disrespectful. I mean. Let's be fair. It is impossible for anyone to use iCloud or even boot OS X Lion and greater... without the work done by my late sister for RevoBoot - showing stunning lack of respect by a bunch of people, who copied her work without giving her credit.

Is this the way you guys want to be remembered?

If it is like you say, Pike (by the way, thank you for the SSDT script), i second you any time: please, Clover team, add RevoBoot to the list, even if RevoGirls's work came to Clover indirectly, via Chameleon's Lion and iCloud fixes: here's Insanelymac, the most viewed OSX86 site around and the place developers get the due recognition, not the obscure castle of Voldemort, the evil master of unique and multiple beasts and legions of mindless zombies. :)

So Chameleon's iCloud fix was implemented first by RevoBoot? Then, not only Clover but any bootloader for 10.7+ iCloud-enabled should give due credits to RevoGirl and her bootloader. Is this what you're asking for, right? By the way, what's the current state of RevoBoot? I'd love to have more news about it: recently i try to bump its thread, but found no echo...

All the best!

Guys, can you explain me exactly what sources from reboot/chameleon we was used for solving iCloud problem?

Do not say things that you understand nothing!

• Like 3

Hi Slice. Is it true that "ATIConnectorsPatch" is patch of kernel log or something like that? In other word it works but after loading I'd peen into ATI5000controller with the aim of hexedit. And didn't see that binary patch was used.

f

this one its easy with clover.

if u only see my sig then u can find a little unfinished tweak guide for this board.

If u wanna make speedstep like this using macmini then just use my config.plist

no need for ssdt or anything else just right bios setup like in my guide.

post-307055-0-35735500-1367504477_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

Just wanted to say a big thank you to xpamamadeus for pointing me in the right direction with his guide and config.plist. I had to make a few tweaks to get things running how I like them but have got Ivy Bridge power management working now.

I have decided to use an SSDT though as with using GeneratePStates GenerateCStates I was getting a PState of 15 that is below the normal lower range that I would expect from an i7-3770, I don't know if this is a bad thing or not.

I think the root cause of the issue was in two parts of my config.plist SMBIOS and KernelAndKextPatches.

I would like to understand more about the FirmwareFeatures string in Clover does any one know of any good links explaining this.

Also thanks to K3nny for looking over the files in my original post and pointing out the errors

Guys,

It was Sam who first introduced developers - in this forum - to: chosen/boot-uuid in this forum. Without this you won't have iCloud, iMessage and boot support but hey. I guess that someone else figured it all out. Right? Err not.

About Chameleon. It was me who e-mailed meklort about the lack of iMessage support in Chameleon. Gave him a link to Sam's work and guess what. A few weeks later. Tada. A miracle happened. A new nvram module was born. A stupid proprietary one - closed source module - which wasn't meant to be this way, remember your own e-mail meklort about releasing the source code in two weeks? That must have been the two longest weeks in anyones entire lifetime. All this to keep "the-one-that-should-not-be-named-here" away from getting his hands on it?

Another example. Who was it again who solved the Lion power management boot problem? Oh right. That must have been the Clover developers as well. I know and so should the people here know, that isn't the case.

Who solved that power management issue for Ivy Bridge? Right. That was Sam.

Speaking about support for new processors. Sam got her hands on the first Sandy Bridge CPU, the first Ivy Bridge CPU, and now I have an i7-4770K to play with. So tell me something. Where did all the Intel data that was used in Chameleon and Clover coming from?

You really want to wait months and months before you can boot Clover? I mean without people like me, you are basically screwed. Why? Because neither Chameleon nor Clover can boot OS X on a Haswell. Good luck with that!

Oh and when was that little RTC (CMOS clear) problem solved? Wasn't that after Sam stepped in? Things immediately changed for the better.

Note: I could have added a lot more but I am getting sick and tired about it already. I rather blog about something that I am about to do. Push the Haswell over 7.1 GHz I mean. Where do you think these benchmarks are coming from?

Take care,

-Pike out.

• Like 3

If it is like you say, Pike (by the way, thank you for the SSDT script), i second you any time

Guys, can you explain me exactly what sources from reboot/chameleon we was used for solving iCloud problem?

Do not say things that you understand nothing!

Slice, do you know what "if" means, right? :P

P.S.: it appears Pike is not accusing anyone of outright code plagiarism (at least not the Clover team, as it was made clear by the second post - the first one was kinda clumsy outburst of indignation, slightly out of tune) but instead he's saying some of the concepts regarding OSX boot was introduced first by Samantha, and perhaps she is not getting all credit she deserves. If (see, Slice?) it is true, what harm can it do a nod of recognition to her contributions? That's my two cents on it.

P.P.S.: sorry to insist, Pike, but what about RevoBoot currently?

sorry for OT , but i get sick about all these flaming stuff surfacing from time to time...

Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say

I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

I hope some day you'll join us

And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say

I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

I hope some day you'll join us

And the world will live as one

John Lennon

• Like 3

Note: I could have added a lot more but I am getting sick and tired about it already. I rather blog about something that I am about to do. Push the Haswell over 7.1 GHz I mean. Where do you think these benchmarks are coming from?

Take care,

-Pike out.

you must remove the DIE to bring it to 7.1 ghz, and 'an oven Haswell ... I dail the link of this blog?

f

Just wanted to say a big thank you to xpamamadeus for pointing me in the right direction with his guide and config.plist. I had to make a few tweaks to get things running how I like them but have got Ivy Bridge power management working now.

I have decided to use an SSDT though as with using GeneratePStates GenerateCStates I was getting a PState of 15 that is below the normal lower range that I would expect from an i7-3770, I don't know if this is a bad thing or not.

I think the root cause of the issue was in two parts of my config.plist SMBIOS and KernelAndKextPatches.

I would like to understand more about the FirmwareFeatures string in Clover does any one know of any good links explaining this.

Also thanks to K3nny for looking over the files in my original post and pointing out the errors

I am glad it help u.

Maybe u wanna finish this guide soo others can use it ?

• Like 1

Pike

We share your loss, albeit we can't even begin to understand how you feel.

We also have fond and grateful memories of her.

On top of that I admire you personally, for what you did for Sam till the last moment.

I think that should be what matters most, don't you think so? :)

• Like 3

Pike

We share your loss, albeit we can't even begin to understand how you feel.

We also have fond and grateful memories of her.

On top of that I admire you personally, for what you did for Sam till the last moment.

I think that should be what matters most, don't you think so? :)

Thank you so much for the kind words! My family really appreciates it. Thanks!

But hey. In the end all I really asked for was to get her work recognised. To have RevoBoot up there in the list as well. This because Sam's nick name(s) can be found in some of the (Chameleon/Chimera) code that is now simply essential. A must have, and when people copy it, then at least they should mention it. Right? Unfortunately, this doesn't happen right now, but it should.

Let's remember this guys. Some of you hate the other (flip)side of the scene. You know that other club on the net. Making money over the backs of some of the developers - like some of the folks here aren't making money over the backs of other people - and then there is this story. So tell me something. What is the difference? The simple truth is that RevoBoot should be up there.

Also. I had a chat with my father who said: Back in the day nobody like my comments. They said that I was wrong. Though looking at what happened afterwards - I myself am working with hacks since 2007, even before my father joined you guys here - all his suggestions materialised later on; Code cleanups. Writing standards. Code rewrites. Modules. The stupid boot throbber was removed. People started to think about speeding up the boot process. etc. etc. All good things.

What I mean with this is that sometimes it isn't all that obvious. Sometimes people don't know who it was that made things fly. Now we wait for Apple to change the boot process... once again. Guess what. Who do you think is working on that right now? Is that perhaps the same old guy who kept things afloat for you, because all it takes for him is one blow and you all here are dead fish on the water. Remember that when you struggle to get things going... which I tell you right here right now... won't happen, due to the code signing. Hello!

@theconnatic,

What about RevoBoot? The latest public version can be found here:

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/RevoBoot

This is what I use to boot in under seven seconds. We also have a non-public repository for RevoUEFI

@maginifico,

It's here: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com

• Like 4

Hey, Pike! Thank you for the answer!

We have a thread for RevoBoot here on Insanelymac, but it's fairly outdated. If and when you have spare time/patience, would you mind to make a RevoBoot tutorial for we to also benefit from this exquisite tool? That would also have the positive side effect of increase the choice of hackintosh users, since both Chameleon and Clover cannot cover all the hardware idiosyncrasies of OSX86. Is there any E.T.A. about RevoUEFI going public, so we can also try it?

All the best!

Hey, Pike! Thank you for the answer!

We have a thread for RevoBoot here on Insanelymac, but it's fairly outdated. If and when you have spare time/patience, would you mind to make a RevoBoot tutorial for we to also benefit from this exquisite tool? That would also have the positive side effect of increase the choice of hackintosh users, since both Chameleon and Clover cannot cover all the hardware idiosyncrasies of OSX86. Is there any E.T.A. about RevoUEFI going public, so we can also try it?

All the best!

Great ...go Pike go

But hey. In the end all I really asked for was to get her work recognised. To have RevoBoot up there in the list as well. This because Sam's nick name(s) can be found in some of the (Chameleon/Chimera) code that is now simply essential. A must have, and when people copy it, then at least they should mention it. Right? Unfortunately, this doesn't happen right now, but it should.

I'll do what I can, or at least I'll invite developers to do so, as personally I am not much involved with development.

Please guys (developers) make it happen.

• Like 1

I'll do what I can, or at least I'll invite developers to do so, as personally I am not much involved with development.

Please guys (developers) make it happen.

As far as I know, there is no single line of code copied from RevoBoot into Clover.

But there are many lines of code in Clover that are copied from Chameleon. Many people were involved in Chameleon development and many more contributed to it. Maybe something in Chameleon was copied from RevoBoot - but I do not know that.

And now the question: how to track which specific line of Chameleon code is written by who in order to mention every single person in Clover's credit? That is impossible.

The solution to this is, as I see it, simple: Clover took some code from Chameleon and Clover should mention that and give credits to Chameleon team. If Chameleon took some code from RevoBoot, then Chameleon should give credits for this. If RevoBoot take that code from some other place, then RevoBoot should give credit for that, and so on ...

Who will know if Chameleon took some code from RevoBoot (if!!!)? Well, Chameleon team obviously. How could I know if that happened or not? So, if the answer is Yes, then this should be mentioned in Chameleon's credits. Why would we (Clover team) now need to investigate RevoBoot's contribution to Chameleon (if there is any)?

I already had one request from Pike to mention Sam in the code for Clover's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagemen kext patch (for locked MSR 0xE2), and now I am very close to regret that I did that. I took all needed info for this patch from flaked's speedstepper and put the link to it to the source (this one). Now I think this should be enough. If flAked used Sam's work for his speedstepper, then he should be chased for mentioning that in his thread, and that should be it.

By the way, where is this going? Apple vs Samsung, Oracle vs Google ... do we need layers now?

• Like 2