Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Thank you, Toleda, for describing the issue better than i could and add the log, which i should have done. It's exactly what i experience with Clover UEFI (1080p monitor connected to DVI port, but it's the same when connected to HDMI), with the difference that unplugging/replugging works in 100% of the cases.

Chameleon with GraphicsMode boots successfully every time to 1080p and 1440p. Boot hangs with Clover/CsmVideoDxe installed.

Same here.

I boot Clover/UEFI, no CSM. Current installed Intel firmware supports 1080p and 1440p as the BIOS setup menus support the native monitor resolutions.

Same here, but it might be useful to know that, with CSM enabled in the BIOS, it makes no difference at all: it behaves just the same as no CSM enabled.

All the best!

i have this warning.

But firewire its working great.

I use i alot with 3 camers 2 are sony and one canon soo i dont care for this warning since all working.

OK, Thank! I'd better to take it easy. Not having Firewire device now, i will disable iofirewirefamily.

Is there a way to add modes for 720p, 1080p and 1440p to refit.conf screen_resolution? Other suggestions?

Please, do not mix resolution in Clover GUI and in OSX desktop. There are two different world with different drivers.

Please, do not mix resolution in Clover GUI and in OSX desktop. There are two different world with different drivers.

That is the point and the problem I'm asking for help to solve. All Clover benefits are useless to HD4000 users if Clover doesn't successfully boot to the Desktop.

• Like 1

I think some users, who has legacy-Clover, update Clover without updating boot-sectors for no reason at all.

I've update my clover to 1360 version and boot sectors as well. It became faster on 6 seconds than it was 24 seconds.

Now clover loads from power-button to GUI for 18 seconds.

post-974387-0-48573300-1366727307_thumb.png

@slice

thanks for reply. i am still running b1208 - which seems to need either BusSpeedkHz or CpuFrequencyMHz ... otherwise it runs too fast and ntp cant seem to keep the clock accurate.

will test today with just specify CPUFrequencyMHz set to 2500 to see if the clock can stay on track.

I did some limited testing on b1344 and that seems to pick up the CPU speed correctly. However there are 2 problems that need attention:

1) shell crashes with an assertion

2) memory is reported as 3 banks (bogus)... and system seems to think it has 8.13 GB of memory - not good.

from b1208 - good.

$ cat mem-good.txt

Memory Slots:

ECC: Disabled

BANK 0/DIMM0:

Size: 4 GB

Type: DDR3

Speed: 1333 MHz

Manufacturer: Ramaxel Technology

Part Number: RMT3020EC58E9F1333A

Serial Number: 040206030901010B

BANK 1/DIMM0:

Serial Number: 04030C0D0509030A

from b1344 - bad

$ cat mem-bad.txt

Memory Slots:

BANK0/DIMM0:

BANK1/DIMM0:

Manufacturer: 443

Part Number: RMT3020EC58E9F1333

Serial Number: 43CD593A

BANK0/DIMM1:

Regarding the problem theconnactic discussed of getting to a 1080p (HD4000 HDMI) or 1440p (HD4000 DisplayPort) Desktop with Clover UEFI, some additional information:

My log shows the problem:

0:318 0:178 Available graphics modes for refit.conf screen_resolution:

0:318 0:000 Curr. Mode = 2, Modes = 3, FB = D0000000, FB size=0x3FF0000

0:318 0:000 - Mode 0: 1024x768 PixFmt = 8bit BGR, PixPerScanLine = 1024

0:318 0:000 - Mode 1: 640x480 PixFmt = 8bit BGR, PixPerScanLine = 640

0:318 0:000 - Mode 2: 800x600 PixFmt = 8bit BGR, PixPerScanLine = 800

0:318 0:000 SetScreenResolution: 2560x1440 - not found!

0:318 0:000 SetMaxResolution: found best mode 0: 1024x768 - set

reFit selects 1024x768 which my monitor does not support. A huge Apple logo shows up (wrong resolution) and the Desktop appears with multiple images. An unplug/replug works 50% of the time with HDMI and 10% or the time with DP. Usually a reboot is required.

Chameleon with GraphicsMode boots successfully every time to 1080p and 1440p. There is no option in my P8Z77-I Deluxe BIOS for CSM. Boot hangs with Clover/CsmVideoDxe installed.

I boot Clover/UEFI, no CSM. Current installed Intel firmware supports 1080p and 1440p as the BIOS setup menus support the native monitor resolutions.

Is there a way to add modes for 720p, 1080p and 1440p to refit.conf screen_resolution? Other suggestions?

I did some testing.

using dvi on hd 4000 clover boots ok and all wotks perfect.

using hdmi on hd 4000 and nothing plugged into gtx 660 osx restart and uefi enable csm itself after restart.

now again i disable csm in uefi and continue

using hdmi on hd 4000 but plugged dvi monitor into gtx 660 it works without problems but with one catch,clover gui start on gtx 660 but osx start and all works prefect

it always set the right 1080p res on both hdmi and dvi and i dont have to replug anything.

boot logs attached.

BTW i am using dsdt patched with your edits for hdmi audio and it works just great.

Arhiva 2.zip

• Like 1

i have been using b1208 successfully (after fixing the CPU frequency issue) on my Lenovo T420. very cool -can select/boot OSX and Win7 with native UEFI.

i tried several builds since that have the "new CLOVER" directory but there are 2 problems:

1) shell crashes with an assertion

2) memory is reported as 3 banks (bogus) ... reports 12 in About This Mac and activity monitor seems to think it has 8.13 GB of memory vs 8.00 - not good.

from b1208 - good.

$ cat mem-good.txt

Memory Slots:

BANK 0/DIMM0:

BANK 1/DIMM0:

from b1344 - bad

$ cat mem-bad.txt

Memory Slots:

BANK0/DIMM0:

BANK1/DIMM0:

Manufacturer: 443

Part Number: RMT3020EC58E9F1333

Serial Number: 43CD593A

BANK0/DIMM1:

I did some testing.

it always set the right 1080p res on both hdmi and dvi and i dont have to replug anything.

boot logs attached.

Thanks for the tests. Your logs say:

0:532 0:012 SetScreenResolution: 1920x1080 - already set

and

0:543 0:012 SetScreenResolution: 1920x1080 - already set

Nothing about Modes, interesting.

Do you use refit.conf/screen_resolution 1920x1080?

If not, what config are you using? EDID? VBIOS?

Thanks for the tests. Your logs say:

0:532 0:012 SetScreenResolution: 1920x1080 - already set

and

0:543 0:012 SetScreenResolution: 1920x1080 - already set

Nothing about Modes, interesting.

Do you use refit.conf/screen_resolution 1920x1080?

If not, what config are you using? EDID? VBIOS?

Yes i use this in refit conf but it not important if i set it or not,it always work like this.

i get it working like this only when i update my gtx 660 with UEFI gop compatible bios and latest beta bios for my mobo wich gives me option to completly disable CSM.

I think,but i am not an expert how this UEFI think works,but i know that u have gtx 570 that cannot support UEFI GOP.

Other think what i allready write but i not sure if i get how it works for me.

I cannot run CSM disabled with only HD 4000,it needs GTX 660 with connected monitor or mobo just restart after first loading osx and load defaults wich are enabled CSM.

When i set CSM disabled i get 1920x1080 in bios too!!and both cards show bios on their screen.

Its strange behavior this CSM,and windows 8 whql s..t on this latest bigabyte beta bios but it work great with Clover.

One more think to report,with old f14 bios release that dont have all windows 8 features i cannot have csmvideo in clover drivers becouse i get black screen,but on new beta bios Clover boots ok with it or without it.

People, any RAM related issue please report it here.

@toleda: did you activate the VBios patch? When I was booting with CloverEFI that was all I needed to get 1920x1080. Now booting in UEFI mode I need the CsmVideoDxe driver as well. I don't need to set the resolution on refit.conf.

If you're using CloverGrowerPro you can check like this:

$sudo clovergrowerpro -s

Other think what i allready write but i not sure if i get how it works for me.

I cannot run CSM disabled with only HD 4000,it needs GTX 660 with connected monitor or mobo just restart after first loading osx and load defaults wich are enabled CSM.

When i set CSM disabled i get 1920x1080 in bios too!!and both cards show bios on their screen.

Its strange behavior this CSM,and windows 8 whql s..t on this latest bigabyte beta bios but it work great with Clover.

One more think to report,with old f14 bios release that dont have all windows 8 features i cannot have csmvideo in clover drivers becouse i get black screen,but on new beta bios Clover boots ok with it or without it.

It's strange. Intel HD 4000 should supports GOP. i.e. you can disable CSM to gain benefit from Ultra/Super Fast boot. Don't be confused between 'Fast Boot' and 'Ultra/Super Fast Boot'. With 'Fast Boot', usually you still have an option to have CSM enabled. Selecting 'Ultra/Super Fast Boot' will automatically disable CSM, or vice versa.

I guess that you have had problem with CsmVideoDxe driver because CSM wasn't disabled at that time. When you totally disable it or choose 'Ultra Fast Boot', CsmVideoDxe doesn't make effect anymore even it's still in drivers64UEFI.

I am trying to get my SSDT loaded. It is currently located in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

I am using MBP9,2 as my SMBIOS. I have these settings under "ACPI" in /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist:

DropOemSSDT=Yes

GenerateIvyStates=No

I only get the default state (1.8 Ghz) and the X86PlatformPlugin.kext is not loaded (I have checked with ioreg explorer). I am only able to get sandy bridge power management by using a MBP8,x SMBIOS.

Is there any proper way to get Ivy Bridge power management?

@toleda: did you activate the VBios patch? When I was booting with CloverEFI that was all I needed to get 1920x1080. Now booting in UEFI mode I need the CsmVideoDxe driver as well. I don't need to set the resolution on refit.conf.

If you're using CloverGrowerPro you can check like this:

LoadVBiios results in a black screen on boot. Boot hangs with CsmVideoDxe. I have not gotten to CloverGrowerPro. I'm still using Clover/USB. To boot off USB, I select USB UEFI/Clover in the Asus BIOS Boot Screen (1440p), get the Clover UI at 1024x768, select the boot volume and hope for a Desktop. I tried the time=0 to avoid Clover UI and that fails to get to the Desktop as well with the same issue.

• Like 1

I am trying to get my SSDT loaded. It is currently located in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

I am using MBP9,2 as my SMBIOS. I have these settings under "ACPI" in /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist:

DropOemSSDT=Yes

GenerateIvyStates=No

I only get the default state (1.8 Ghz) and the X86PlatformPlugin.kext is not loaded (I have checked with ioreg explorer). I am only able to get sandy bridge power management by using a MBP8,x SMBIOS.

Is there any proper way to get Ivy Bridge power management?

What do you want and why?

GenerateIvyStates=Yes

It's strange. Intel HD 4000 should supports GOP. i.e. you can disable CSM to gain benefit from Ultra/Super Fast boot. Don't be confused between 'Fast Boot' and 'Ultra/Super Fast Boot'. With 'Fast Boot', usually you still have an option to have CSM enabled. Selecting 'Ultra/Super Fast Boot' will automatically disable CSM, or vice versa.

I guess that you have had problem with CsmVideoDxe driver because CSM wasn't disabled at that time. When you totally disable it or choose 'Ultra Fast Boot', CsmVideoDxe doesn't make effect anymore even it's still in drivers64UEFI.

I know all of this,u didnt read posts before that!

I am not the one that have problems,theconnactic and toleda have some problems with that for me all working fine.

I know all of this,u didnt read posts before that!

I am not the one that have problems,theconnactic and toleda have some problems with that for me all working fine.

I read their posts. But I was wondering when you said "I cannot run CSM disabled with only HD 4000".

What do you want and why?

GenerateIvyStates=Yes

I get 5 states when I use a Sandy Bridge SMBIOS (I used MBP8,1). However, I am trying to get AGPM loaded. So I am trying to get Ivy Bridge power management, I am using MBP9,2 and I used ssdtPrGen for my SSDT.

I am on latest Clover (revision 1360). I have no idea why my SSDT is not being loaded.

I get 5 states when I use a Sandy Bridge SMBIOS (I used MBP8,1). However, I am trying to get AGPM loaded. So I am trying to get Ivy Bridge power management, I am using MBP9,2 and I used ssdtPrGen for my SSDT.

I am on latest Clover (revision 1360). I have no idea why my SSDT is not being loaded.

Attach boot.log.

it will be nice if u have your hardware in sig.