Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Major issue.... I have a Memory "problem" with b1316 on Lenovo T420... the system thinks it has 3 banks now???

i updated to b1316 (new layout etc) and the system now shows incorrectly 12 GB of memory on 3 banks instead of 8GB on 2 Banks.

b1208 shows the memory banks and the serial numbers match properly i.e consistent with chameleon

not sure if this is a known problem with the newer clover?

Hi, Slice and alexanderq: does Clover have a kernel patcher function, similar to meklort's for Chameleon, that can bin-patch the vanilla kernel on-the-fly to run on unsupported CPUs like Atom or the upcoming Haswell? That's a much-needed and quite useful feature of Chameleon that Clover, despite all its innovations, seems to lack.

Without it, we Atom users need to patch the kernel and either replace the vanilla one or put the custom one inside /EFI/kexts/10.x/ for each system update, which sucks big time. If there's a built-in kernel auto-patcher in Clover, how do we use it? If there's not, is it in your plans for the near future?

All the best!

Thank you!

Another one, alexanderq: can Clover auto mount the EFI partition every boot, sparing us from mounting it manually every time we need access to the config.plist?

All the best!

Check doc folder under clover.

There u have config.plist-FullSample where u can find many options :D

Efi mount can be yes or no or name of osx volume or volume uuid.

• Like 1

Thank you, xpamamadeus!

By the way, i'm using your array of strings for IBPM in my config.plist, since GenerateIvyStates also doesn't work for me. Only had to adapt the MaxMultiplier - otherwise i'd get a KP - from 47 (i don;t really know why you're picking this value: are you overclocking your 3770K?) to 38, which is the highest turbo mode for my 3570K. Works with some quirks: the maximum turbo state i'm achieving is 36, and i'm getting an impossible minimum multiplier of 12 (when Intel specs state 16). It's better than no PM, though, so thank you a lot.

All the best!

P.S.: For some unknown reason,

MountEFI

Yes

doesn't work for me: i think i'll have to live with terminal commands for it.

Thank you, xpamamadeus!

By the way, i'm using your array of strings for IBPM in my config.plist, since GenerateIvyStates also doesn't work for me. Only had to adapt the MaxMultiplier - otherwise i'd get a KP - from 47 (i don;t really know why you're picking this value: are you overclocking your 3770K?) to 38, which is the highest turbo mode for my 3570K. Works with some quirks: the maximum turbo state i'm achieving is 36, and i'm getting an impossible minimum multiplier of 12 (when Intel specs state 16). It's better than no PM, though, so thank you a lot.

All the best!

P.S.: For some unknown reason,

<key>MountEFI</key>

<string>Yes</string>

doesn't work for me: i think i'll have to live with terminal commands for it.

before 5 hours slice updated some code for ivy bridge

https://sourceforge....boot/code/1335/

now i need only those

DropOemSSDT=Yes

GenerateIvyStates=Yes

GeneratePStates=Yes

i wass using 47 becouse i OC my cpu at 4,7 Ghz

For efi mount try

<key>MountEFI</key>

<string>nameofosxvolume</string>

u can check your nvram by using nvram -p command from terminal too see if u have efimount variable there.

Check if u have Clover.MountEFI there.

Good luck

EDIT:if u are lazy enough for mounting efi from terminal then use this app Efi Mounter

Edited by xpamamadeus
  • Like 1

before 5 hours slice updated some code for ivy bridge

https://sourceforge....boot/code/1335/

now i need only those

DropOemSSDT=Yes

GenerateIvyStates=Yes

GeneratePStates=Yes

i wass using 47 becouse i OC my cpu at 4,7 Ghz

So theoretically i only need to update to r.1335? Where do i find a link to the package? When upgrading i only need to "unpack", right?

EDIT:if u are lazy enough for mounting efi from terminal then use this app Efi Mounter

Thank you very much for this. Better than tweak the config.plist. :)

So theoretically i only need to update to r.1335? Where do i find a link to the package? When upgrading i only need to "unpack", right?

Yes.

U can make it with CloverGrowerPro

Dont know what version u use now but never versions of insteller work really great and just need to press next,next,next....

• Like 1

P.S.: gonna use Clover Grower Pro...

Oh, you answered me where i was writing my post scriptum :)

Already running CGP.

P.P.S.: the installer for the rev i'm using, 1287, is really great and kind of a next, next, next... version. :)

P.P.P.S.: to update my revision without losing my settings, which option i use? Unpack?

P.S.: gonna use Clover Grower Pro...

Oh, you answered me where i was writing my post scriptum :)

Already running CGP.

P.P.S.: the installer for the rev i'm using, 1287, is really great and kind of a next, next, next... version. :)

P.P.P.S.: to update my revision without losing my settings, which option i use? Unpack?

Dowt know what options u will get,they are working on installer all the time.

they make new versions really fast

u can look at code here http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/1341/log/?path=

there are 4 versions i didnt try :D

they are just coming too fast.

For me its best to use OEM folder for all my settings...

Anyway installer always make backup...

• Like 1

:)

Mais pourquoi il ne veut pas démarrer sur le kernel de l'USB ??? :wallbash:

But why he did not start the kernel USB?? : wallbash:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>

<key>boot-args</key>

<string>npci=0x2000 Kernel=rd(0,0)/EFI/kexts/mach_kernel -v

</string>

<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>

<string>en:0</string>

<key>InjectSystemID</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>LegacyBoot</key>

<string>PBR</string>

</dict>

<key>Pointer</key>

<dict>

<key>Speed</key>

<string>8</string>

</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>GraphicsInjector</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>

</dict>

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>

<dict>

<key>KernelCpu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Find</key>

<dict>

<data>gAeoAqAF</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>gAeoAjgE</data>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

This is the correct config.plist and you can boot with new kernel in two ways

-boot system with blocking caches (select that option from Clover menu or add WithKexts switch into boot-args)

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<dict>

<key>KernelCpu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>boot-args</key>

<string>-v WithKexts npci=0x2000</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>LegacyBoot</key>

<string>PBR</string>

</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<string>Yes</string>

<dict>

<key>0</key>

<dict>

<key>Find</key>

<data>gAeoAqAF</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>gAeoAjgE</data>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

or config.zip

and pointer is moved to refit.conf

• Like 1

Well I managed to get Clover working. Actually I got it to work by mistake. :blink:

I downloaded the recent version of Clover and wanted to install it on my USB flash drive. Somehow I completely forgot to select the USB flash from the installer and it was installing on my main hard disk instead and not on the USB and it completely replaced Chameleon.

I restarted and Clover showed all 3 partitions. I kind of got mad because I had this issue of Clover not working no matter what I did, but I selected Windows 8 and bam it booted lol. Then for curiosity, I booted OS X ML and bam worked too.

I don't know what happened. Either it was the recent version of Clover that fixed my issue or somehow my USB flash drive is bad. It's all good now lol :smoke:

DropOemSSDT=Yes

GenerateIvyStates=Yes

GeneratePStates=Yes

It does work after the update (rev. 1341), but in the same clumsy way as before, at least for me: this time, the useless state is 15 instead of 12. But it doesn't concern me anymore: after the update, i decided to put my custom SSDT back in /EFI/ACPI/Patched and voilà, worked like a wonder! Now i have seven P-states, as it should be, so no more GenerateIvyStates for me, and the update kept the progress made with the previous update: no more wake bug when booting in UEFI mode (the only Clover mode i'm using by the way: decided to let legacy mode exclusively for old Cham). So thank you, and thank Slice and all the crew for addressing the issue quickly.

All the best!

P.S.: a downside: the "Metal" theme is not as cool as the "Black Green" at all! Unfortunately, i only noticed the "wrong" theme was defaulted when it was too late, so i'll have to tweak the refit files later.

P.P.S.: The CPU Geekbench results improved consistently, from about 11.000 to about 11.200:

Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 2.28.19 AM.png

Well I managed to get Clover working. Actually I got it to work by mistake. :blink:

I downloaded the recent version of Clover and wanted to install it on my USB flash drive. Somehow I completely forgot to select the USB flash from the installer and it was installing on my main hard disk instead and not on the USB and it completely replaced Chameleon.

I restarted and Clover showed all 3 partitions. I kind of got mad because I had this issue of Clover not working no matter what I did, but I selected Windows 8 and bam it booted lol. Then for curiosity, I booted OS X ML and bam worked too.

I don't know what happened. Either it was the recent version of Clover that fixed my issue or somehow my USB flash drive is bad. It's all good now lol :smoke:

Actually I take it back, its an issue/glitch with Clover. In order for me to boot to Windows 8, I have to select "System Reserved" and press Enter in less than 2 seconds. If I wait 3 or more, it never boots. I'm not sure why Clover fails to boot Windows if I wait 3 or more seconds.

This is the correct config.plist and you can boot with new kernel in two ways

-boot system with blocking caches (select that option from Clover menu or add WithKexts switch into boot-args)

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<dict>

<key>KernelCpu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>boot-args</key>

<string>-v WithKexts npci=0x2000</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>LegacyBoot</key>

<string>PBR</string>

</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<string>Yes</string>

<dict>

<key>0</key>

<dict>

<key>Find</key>

<data>gAeoAqAF</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>gAeoAjgE</data>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

or config.zip

and pointer is moved to refit.conf

:thumbsup_anim:

Merci !!! tu es génial !!

ça marche super bien !! j'ai collé le kernel dans diskUSB/EFI/kexts/10.8 et quelque soit le choix du disque , c'est toujours le kernel de la clef usb qui est choisi . :) c'est vraiment très puissant Clover !! :D

Thank you! you're great!

it works great! I stuck in the kernel diskUSB/EFI/kexts/10.8 and whatever the choice of the disc, it is always the kernel of the USB key is chosen. :) It's really powerful Clover! : D

647864Capturede769cran20130420a768114230.png

264487Capturede769cran20130420a768113043.png

hello @Slice

with the last 1344 i lost fakesmc plugins from kozlek 5.1.62

cpu temp and package multiplier...

now revert for the 1342 i'm using before and all works good there..

thanks

hello @Slice

thanks

Check clovers kext folder,they put fakesmc there and u get it loaded,soo delete if u wanna use your or use NoKexts in boot arg

http://sourceforge.n...1344/log/?path=

u can check whats new here,otherwise i dont see why test new version if dont check what u test :D

hello @Slice

thanks

Have this problem as well. :(

By the way if I install "metal" theme I don't see windows' icons.

With other themes are all right.

Check clovers kext folder,they put fakesmc there and u get it loaded,soo delete if u wanna use your or use NoKexts in boot arg

http://sourceforge.n...1344/log/?path=

u can check whats new here,otherwise i dont see why test new version if dont check what u test :D

Oh, understood. This version installs FakeSMC with Clover again that I think is not quite good.

Have this problem as well. :(

By the way if I install "metal" theme I don't see windows icons.

With other themes are all right.

Oh, understood. This version installs FakeSMC with Clover again that I think is not quite good.

I think its great but also think that user schould see that from setup options and have abitily to choose version and disable or enable that option...

Year. It's really neaded to be done as you tell at least.

But nevertheless I don't understand what for does it need?

If it made for first-time user who is launching system for the first time then it's also not enough.

For it is needed such kexts as

NullCPUPowerManadgment

ApplePS2Controler

AppleACPIPS2Nub.

But if it is reckoned on usual-users, it is also not understandable. What for?

Year. It's really neaded to be done as you tell at least.

But nevertheless I don't understand what for does it need?

If it made for first-time user who is launching system for the first time then it's also not enough.

For it is needed such kexts as

NullCPUPowerManadgment

ApplePS2Controler

AppleACPIPS2Nub.

But if it is reckoned on usual-users, it is also not understandable. What for?

All based uefi pc with patched bios(gigabyte dont need it) dont need anything else buf fakesmc to get installed using clover.

• Like 1