OS X 10.8.3 all Builds !

fantomas

328 posts in this topic

Has anyone tested a recent build with an older NVidia card (8xxx, 2xx, 3xx).

If so, how's the performance?

I wonder if Apple has fixed the problems with the NVDANV50Hal.

installed ML 8.3 > works fine on HP 7700 just like lion and ML 8.2

I haven't tried ATI1300 with HDMI yet.

The one thing I have noticed is the fast restore funtion. I have 2 ML installed , one for backup . also a usb boot loader.

Which kinds of issues with the NVDANV50Hal?

I can confirm it works without issues with both a 9800GT and a G210 (obviously, for the 9800GT no HDMI).

Best regards!

I hope this is not hijacking the post, but did you have to do anything to get your 610 to work? Mine was working in 10.8.2 with the Retail drivers and without Graphics Enabler, but after updating to 10.8.3 (12D78) I can only get the GUI to load if I startup in Safe Mode. The Card is properly detected in the System Profiler, but only fully boots in Safe Mode.

I would use chameleon graphics enabler! If that works why running in problem by disabling it - even it worked?

Sorry, I forgot to add that part, I have tried it with and without Graphics Enabler, still no GUI. I get [AGMP Controller] Unknown Platform then DSMOS has arrived followed about some stuff about my Bluetooth and Parallels kernel extension. I guess the last thing to load is:

/drv/ Hypioctls.c.779

Hi!

Man, i have a G210 (200 series, NVDANV50Hal-dependent), not a 610 (Fermi, i think, relying on the NVDAGF100Hal.kext), so your problem is completely unrelated to what we were discussing. That said, i think some 6xx series, at least the Kepler ones, are supported OOB and doesn't need any graphics injection. I honestly don't know the status of your card, but i suggest you open a topic under the graphics section and PM Rampagedev with the link of your topic. If anyone can help you to sort it out, it's him.

Best regards!

Hi!

Man, i have a G210 (200 series, NVDANV50Hal-dependent), not a 610 (Fermi, i think, relying on the NVDAGF100Hal.kext), so your problem is completely unrelated to what we were discussing. That said, i think some 6xx series, at least the Kepler ones, are supported OOB and doesn't need any graphics injection. I honestly don't know the status of your card, but i suggest you open a topic under the graphics section and PM Rampagedev with the link of your topic. If anyone can help you to sort it out, it's him.

Best regards!

Thanks for the help, I used to have a G210 in this machine. Thats where the confusion came in. I will open a topic and see what happens.

• Like 1

Tested and success in Motherboard GA-H61M-DS2 rev2.2 with F8 bios

i5 3450 ivy bridge cpu

Geforce 210 1gb ddr3

6 GB ram at 1333mhz

when updated it showed some unknown error at last but after restart everything updated and working fine except audio.. fixed by installing the alc888/887b again.. and everything works awesome ! new browser is cool and not showing stupid stuff (bookmarks) on its top .. and its more fluid now! Happy hack ! :trumpet:

Edit: by the way the build is 12D78 !

12D76 is a no go for me:

kextcache[788] <Error>: -[__NSCFData _fastCStringContents:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7f8481182da0

kextcache[788] <Error>: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[__NSCFData _fastCStringContents:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7f8481182da0'
*** First throw call stack:
(
0 CoreFoundation 0x000000010397bb06 __exceptionPreprocess + 198
1 libobjc.A.dylib 0x00007fff931273f0 objc_exception_throw + 43
2 CoreFoundation 0x0000000103a1240a -[NSObject(NSObject) doesNotRecognizeSelector:] + 186
3 CoreFoundation 0x000000010396a02e ___forwarding___ + 414
4 CoreFoundation 0x0000000103969e18 _CF_forwarding_prep_0 + 232
5 CoreFoundation 0x00000001039007cd CFStringFindWithOptionsAndLocale + 541
6 CoreFoundation 0x000000010390a092 CFStringFind + 178
7 kextcache 0x00000001034cdc98 kextcache + 89240
8 kextcache 0x00000001034cd32b kextcache + 86827
9 kextcache 0x00000001034bbcef kextcache + 15599
10 kextcache 0x00000001034bc41c kextcache + 17436
11 kextcache 0x00000001034badfe kextcache + 11774
12 kextcache 0x00000001034b948a kextcache + 5258
13 libdyld.dylib 0x00007fff97bf77e1 start + 0
)

ReportCrash[789] <Error>: LaunchServices/5123589: Unable to lookup coreservices session port for session 0x186a0 uid=0 euid=0
eportCrash[789] <Error>: failed looking up LS service ( scCreateSystemService returned MACH_PORT_NULL, called from SetupCoreApplicationServicesCommunicationPort, so using client-side NULL calls.

Not good....

I started having this same issue in 12D76 - even with App Store release of 10.8.3.

So far I've figured out:

1) It only happens when booting from kernelcache.

2) If you have FileNVRAM loading with chameleon, if you try booting nonkernelcache (UseKernelCache=No) after booting via kernelcache, you will still have the issue.

You need to not load FileNVRAM and boot without kernelcache in order to get binaries that are kext_tools related to run again (kextcache, kextd, kextload, kextutil).

*edit: Removing the generated nvram.plist in /Extra works as well; it will just be remade next boot and will work fine. So you don't have to get rid of FileNVRAM. Didn't think about this. derp.*

So the question is why is this happening to some people but not close at all to most people, in specifically 10.8.3 builds? I do not have any clue at all. Not yet anyway. I'll be spending the next few days finding out wtf is wrong. I just wanted to post this here so anyone getting this will know how to get things running fine again (not including iMessages now, unfortunately).

I'll be sure and post any updates regarding this.

• Like 3

Looks like the latest build of FileNVRAM fixes the issue.

http://public.xzenue...NVRAM-1.1.3.zip

Replacing ths FileNVRAM module didn't solved my issue. Next step was removing FileNVRAM.dylib and that solved my issues.

The generated NVRAMfile is still there : file://localhost/Extra/nvram.xxxxxxxx-c600-0007-878e-bcaec5219fb2.plist

Also another thing to know is that with loading of the FileNVRAM module in 10.8.3 you loose SMB connections to windows systems.

Now they can be conected again with the removal of the FileNVRAM module.

I started having this same issue in 12D76 - even with App Store release of 10.8.3.

So far I've figured out:

1) It only happens when booting from kernelcache.

2) If you have FileNVRAM loading with chameleon, if you try booting nonkernelcache (UseKernelCache=No) after booting via kernelcache, you will still have the issue.

You need to not load FileNVRAM and boot without kernelcache in order to get binaries that are kext_tools related to run again (kextcache, kextd, kextload, kextutil).

*edit: Removing the generated nvram.plist in /Extra works as well; it will just be remade next boot and will work fine. So you don't have to get rid of FileNVRAM. Didn't think about this. derp.*

So the question is why is this happening to some people but not close at all to most people, in specifically 10.8.3 builds? I do not have any clue at all. Not yet anyway. I'll be spending the next few days finding out wtf is wrong. I just wanted to post this here so anyone getting this will know how to get things running fine again (not including iMessages now, unfortunately).

I'll be sure and post any updates regarding this.

I got this solved by manually deleteing everything in

/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/

and running this little script I found that basically repairs permissions and kextcache.

https://www.dropbox....sspw/rebuild.sh

Edit: Also make sure to have nvram boot-args="" to empty.

Edit: Also make sure to have nvram boot-args="" to empty.

What does that mean | do ?

I'll thought that nvram module generated an nvram file which is needed to got iMessage fixed. You mean put back the FileNVRAM module with specify nvram boot-args="" in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

What does that mean | do ?

I'll thought that nvram module generated an nvram file which is needed to got iMessage fixed. You mean put back the FileNVRAM module with specify nvram boot-args="" in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

Run:

sudo nvram boot-args

For me it should just output empty but after installing 10.8.3 I saw that my boot-args were set to some gibberish. I just removed it with

sudo nvram boot-args=""

and ran the script,kextcache errors were gone.

• Like 1

and ran the script,kextcache errors were gone.

Well I build a new USB installer from the the install Mountainlion.10.8.3.app. When the module FileNVRAM is present, and the module is added when deploy Chameleon bootloader (even with latest FileNVRAM), this will fail any atempt to install directly to 10.8.3 as well.

So whats best practice just remove the FileNVRAM module when installing | add the module after successfull install and execute [sudo nvram boot-args=""] and repair everything with your script?

Replacing ths FileNVRAM module didn't solved my issue. Next step was removing FileNVRAM.dylib and that solved my issues.

The generated NVRAMfile is still there : file://localhost/Extra/nvram.xxxxxxxx-c600-0007-878e-bcaec5219fb2.plist

Also another thing to know is that with loading of the FileNVRAM module in 10.8.3 you loose SMB connections to windows systems.

Now they can be conected again with the removal of the FileNVRAM module.

My unit had the same issue with accessing afp (linux) shares.

Removing FileNVRAM.dylib remedies the situation