OS X 10.8.3 all Builds !

fantomas

328 posts in this topic

Old computer... lol

I would try a old one just for testing prepossess.

Yep. Damn old laptop :(

How is it going with your applehda tutorial. Had just finished making my 12D58 applehda working yesterday :D

• Like 1

When does the last beta of 10.8.3 expire? Can you see that, like in iOS?

I dunno. But according to the release of ios6.1, Apple should release the formal 10.8.3 release within days :D

BTW, just personal guesses :D

Anyone experienced the long time waiting when booting hangs at "Waiting for dsmos" ?

I first noticed the problem when I upgrade to 10.8.2. It takes about half a minute to continue booting.

After upgrading to the latest 12D58, it almost takes a whole minute !

Just want to know if it only happens to me. Beyond doubt, hdd here :(

Adding SystemID to Chameleon boot plist can fix this, but with all the iMessage fix stuff going on too, fixing one could break the other.

OSX beta's don't expire

• Like 1

Adding SystemID to Chameleon boot plist can fix this, but with all the iMessage fix stuff going on too, fixing one could break the other.

OSX beta's don't expire

I always set SystemId in my plist file :D

It seems it's not related to that

It looks like they really want to make it good this time... I thought they will release it now, but we got another beta... I really looking forward what is getting fixed when they release the official 10.8.3. (I have some memory handling problems, spotlight indexing problems, and slow shutdown, and I never had these on Lion)

Any news about enabling the GPU accelerated video decoding? It's the only thing that keeps me stuck to 10.7.4

If I update to 10.7.5 , i loose the accelerated decoding as well. It never worked in Mountain Lion.

I hope that maybe some version of Mountain Lion will bring it back.

What you mean my friend ? you tried 10.8.2 with new nVidia drivers and CL patching ?

I think this is much better for you with nVidia 550Ti, and not 10.7.4

I'm talking about Video Decoding Acceleration (VDA) that enables your GPU to decode video instead of the CPU (on sites like youtube and software like movist). you can check if it works by running this checker https://dl.dropbox.c...oderChecker.zip

It should say "acceleration fully supported"

PS: yes i did try the new nvidia drivers but still no luck, the only version that fully works is 10.7.4. (this thing is different from openCL and does not need the openCL patch to work)

Hardware acceleration is working on my hack on 10.8.2. I have the Intel HD3000 turned on just for AirPlay (though my 5770 is the primary on boot) so it seems to pick that one for VDA.

AVF info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen6 
Hardware acceleration is fully supported

Everything works fine with 10.8.3 12D61

Need only to enable 3 things :

-Trim for my 3 SSD (Trim enabler app)

-HDA with latest #########

-OpenCL with this terminal command

sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

Hardware :

8 go

GA Z68 MA D2H-B3

EVGA GTX 560ti

VGA decoder works fine too

It seems that everyone who has Intel HD graphics along with discrete graphic card has VDADecoder fully supported. I guess VDADecode is supported on their IGPU-s then?

until 12D53 is O.K but,

New Build 12D61, it has KP with "Unable to find Driver for this platform : \ "ACPI\",\n"@/SourceCache bla

bla bla..i5 2500 + GA-H61M-D2-B3 + Geforce 9500 GT 512M.

Clover rev 1050, iMac 12,2.

Yea, I added device ID in AGPM and LPC.

Is there anything else?

<Fixed> Yea, VGA decoder does not works in iMac 12,2 even CUDA installed.

Hmm, it seems to be Clover Issue. 10.6.8 is same Issue.

VGA decoder works well in HP EliteBook 8540p with MacBook Pro6,1, Clover Rev 1050 in 10.8.3(12D58).

It don't have intel HD 3000 or CUDA installed atm.

But, it can boot one of 5 times caused reset issue, Damn.

I always have to remove cache before reboot.

It seems that everyone who has Intel HD graphics along with discrete graphic card has VDADecoder fully supported. I guess VDADecode is supported on their IGPU-s then?

I don't have integrated intel GPU and it still works on 10.7.4, on 10.7.5 and up, VDA does not work .