OS X 10.8.3 all Builds !

fantomas

328 posts in this topic

Still no straight boot with 7870. I'm not giving up hope yet.

Me neither, but I don't expect Apple to fix it, we will!

After my response became epic in length, I decided a new 7xxx development thread would be appropriate, my full "response" and maybe some good further discussion on the topic here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285756-hd-7xxx-can-we-eliminate-the-sleep-trick/ I encourage any further 7xxx to discussion to be done there "or elsewhere if you choose", but lets try to keep 10.8.3, as 10.8.3 if we can :)

• Like 1

Anyone know if there are newer nVidia drivers? (Sorry need to ask again, don't run the beta's > no dev. account)

Yes

This is good news maybe we get to see final release soon.

I doubt that. We will at least have to wait until next month. When the new Apple Monitor comes out I would expect the release to come.

Me neither, but I don't expect Apple to fix it, we will!

After my response became epic in length, I decided a new 7xxx development thread would be appropriate, my full "response" and maybe some good further discussion on the topic here: http://www.insanelym...he-sleep-trick/ I encourage any further 7xxx to discussion to be done there "or elsewhere if you choose", but lets try to keep 10.8.3, as 10.8.3 if we can :)

I think 12D54 would be the final beta version. If it doesn't solve the problem, the official release should not solvet it either :(

Sorry, but I've never had Apple solve hackintosh problems with updates(not on purpose anyway), like I've said before, updates more likley to cause new problems instead :( If it's a "Mac" problem that affects real Mac and Hackintosh, then maybe they will fix it, but even then is not guaranteed. Even real mac with AMD 5xxx (& 6xxx iirc) series GPU has not reported correct GPU memory usage from 10.7.3 to latest 10.8.3 (the amount used is actually OK, but it sees the total amount available as negative 2GBish, confirmed via xCode tool's OpenGL Driver Monitor, so apps like iStat show 100% usage). This is error in apple's ATI5000controller.kext. Long time, no fix :( This is why many agree Snow Leo truly was the last near perfect OS. Have not seen that level of refinement in any OS on any platform before or since. BTW, 12D54 doesn't solve the problem :)

Edited by eep357
or :(

Sorry, but I've never had Apple solve hackintosh problems with updates(not on purpose anyway), like I've said before, updates more likley to cause new problems instead :( If it's a "Mac" problem that affects real Mac and Hackintosh, then maybe they will fix it, but even then is not guaranteed. Even real mac with AMD 5xxx (& 6xxx iirc) series GPU has not reported correct GPU memory usage from 10.7.3 to latest 10.8.3 (the amount used is actually OK, but it sees the total amount available as negative 2GBish, confirmed via xCode tool's OpenGL Driver Monitor, so apps like iStat show 100% usage). This is error in apple's ATI5000controller.kext. Long time, no fix :( This is why many agree Snow Leo truly was the last near perfect OS. Have not seen that level of refinement in any OS on any platform before or since. BTW, 12D54 doesn't solve the problem :)

Yep, i upgraded to 12D54. The memory usage is always 100% for my HD5650 :(

For me, Nvidia 9600 GT with D54 Heaven Benchmark starts working again (after 10.8.1 starts to get error) without the well known (mostly Fermi) Channel exception error (freeze).

Thankfully, they heard your complaints about this serious issue, somehow the fix lead to a temporary "Do Not Disturb" bug in iOS, but all is well now :P Only six 10.8.3 betas so far, all listed with no knows issues and same list of additions. Only difference I've seen so far is the release number :( Still regardless of what I might say or tell others, I'm always still installing them the moment the seed notice hits my mailbox :)
  • Like 1

Link, Wayang-NT? (don't have a dev account, hehe)

so need to wait the final release (probably it's for the next week)! ;)

previous build has 500mb, 12d58 has 800mb

would be final, maybe :D

the combo update is 803.53 Mb but the delta update is 546.00 Mb ;)

Using the anterior beta now.

This broke my HDMI audio (the monitor is quite well recognized, mirroring and extensioning fully works, so the new nVidia kexts shouldn't be the ones to blame). The funny thing is that the TV digital sound output appears in System Preferences > Sound, but if i select it, i get no audio at all. I think the new kernel or something else (some kext, perhaps?) broke compatibility with both patched AppleHDA and IOAudioFamily kexts i use.

Best regards.

Anyone experienced the long time waiting when booting hangs at "Waiting for dsmos" ?

I first noticed the problem when I upgrade to 10.8.2. It takes about half a minute to continue booting.

After upgrading to the latest 12D58, it almost takes a whole minute !

Just want to know if it only happens to me. Beyond doubt, hdd here :(

Anyone experienced the long time waiting when booting hangs at "Waiting for dsmos" ?

I first noticed the problem when I upgrade to 10.8.2. It takes about half a minute to continue booting.

After upgrading to the latest 12D58, it almost takes a whole minute !

Just want to know if it only happens to me. Beyond doubt, hdd here :(

Old FakeSMC?