• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

INFNITE

INFNITE

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
i don't know why people complain Safari is slow. It's fast enough for me. I believe there's a speed hack that enables fast surfing (I did it through Onyx)

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

Super l33t T3H HaX0r ARE YOU? WELL..I can..umm..HaX your Tires?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
On Windows: Big duh there, firefox

but on OS X I would have to say that there is a 3 way tie for me because I constantly switch between camino,firefox and opera although I guess if I had to chose one that I liked the best it would have to be camino, its visually stunning and simply put a very nice browser. Opera and firefox dont look to much different than there windows counterparts and run about the same as they did on windows so Im pretty much used to them as Ive been using them forever. So I guess just because, without a good reason; I like camino a little bit more than firerfox and opera but I use them all about equally lol. oh and IE for OS X shouldnt be allowed to be on the internet ^_-. (or on anyones mac for that matter)

Guest: Guest_*

• Guests
Opera is now completely free for personal use from a money point of view. That is to say, you don't pay forit and there are no adverts but it is closed source.

As for remember me cookies and the suchI find they work most of the time in fx under linux.

Guest: me_*

Guest: me_*
  • Guests
All I know is that the 2 biggest programs I use at work need ie6: Marketlinx Tempo, online banking, and quickbooks Online. Nether one runs on a mac (any browser). I am lucky though codeweavers chose me as a tester from crolssover for mac. I can run ie6 right from osx. It has some buggs and it is slow to launch. I perfer just launching parallels.

Anyway... I wish that safari or firefox would get what ever it needs to run those applications.

johnniecarcinogen

johnniecarcinogen

Yellow Box

• Gurus
  • 746 posts
I do like the way Safari renders pages, the colors seem alittle crisper or something. But my browsing habits make Firefox the browser I use most. I seem to frequently want to just drop firefox. I don't like it as much as I do on Linux and Windows... I think I'll try Shiira again today.

• Guests
I find the best bet for sites that only allow IE is to just use an alternative, I try to even the balance by encouraging sites that don't allow IE ;)

Shadebug

Don Luca

Don Luca

The Random Factor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Camino.
Best web browser ever.

On XP I use SeaMonkey, another great piece of software IMHO.

aquanutz

aquanutz

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
OS X: Camino

Windwos: Opera

Hexley

Hexley

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Opera, never change although no plugin

why i will choose a browser which i cannot use plugin?

Benefits:
>Fast surfing
>less Ram requirement
>Mouse Gesture
>Session Saving (open from last time)
>notes(drawer)
>link
>quick search(g abc, google abc)
>tab recycle

Firefox
>slow surfing
>ram eater
>no mouse gesture inside but addons
>no session saving but addons
>no notes but addons
>slow search

Safari
>no mouse gesture
>no session saving but addon
>no notes
>slow search
>slow surfing

any reason for you still using safari / firefox?

This is your opinion not mine :P

I still love Safari, for me is very fast, is visual-clear and simply to use, very very light and reactive. The User Experience is better then on any other browsers and it don't kill you with useless notification as "Are you sure you want to open 1500 tabs?" it do that without any problems like the finder does with folders and documents (not like Windows)
The only lack of Safari is the incompatibility with some sites, that's why I use Camino sometimes.
FireFox suck on the Mac. And Opera is good right, but the user interface... it doesn't make me feel at home and the labels are quite difficult to organize.

So I think

for Mac: Safari

for Windows: FireFox

amdprophet

amdprophet

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Firefox runs faster for me than IE in Windows, plus it's an actual decent browser, so I use it in Windows. Firefox also runs faster than Safari and has less problems (I don't have 3D acceleration in OS X), so I use Firefox in OS X as well. The linux distrobution I use comes with Firefox, so I use it.
Windows: Firefox
Mac OS X: Firefox
Linux: Firefox

Guest: Mohannad_*

Guest: Mohannad_*
  • Guests
Easy one for me

Mac: Safari
It's so simple and such a clean interface. Im not really into customizing and having 10000 buttons on my browser. Safari in general is very straight forward and works very well. I've had less problems with it than with FireFox

Windows: IE
I know I know, I'm going to be eaten alive for picking this but frankly, it works and it works well. It is a security risk like crazy but I'm running my PC under Parallels anyway so it really isn't that big of a deal for me. No shared stuff and I use it mainly to either test my web pages (so IE is a must) or to run beta programs and stuff on there. In any case, I don't care at all what happens to my Windows install because I can just re-install in about an hour.

A Huge Bear

A Huge Bear

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
On Macs I mostly use FireFox. There are a few little things about Safari that bug me, and there are a few plugins that I really like to have around. The thing that annoys me most about safari (and maybe it's just me) is that it seems to be a huge struggle to get it to actually stop loading a page when you click the "stop" button.

On windows (when I am forced to use it), I use FireFox or Opera. Mostly FireFox.

other

other

Other.

• Retired
  • 929 posts
Firefox/Flock and IE7 are my preference.

I'm a fan of tabs and that puts me off safari.

INFNITE

INFNITE

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Firefox/Flock and IE7 are my preference.

I'm a fan of tabs and that puts me off safari.

hmm....Safari has tabbed browsing....

KublaKhan

KublaKhan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Mirror, Mirror on the wall... what's the best browser of them all?

"That's easy" the mirror said, "the best browser is Camino - I swear on my head".

Yep, I like Camino. It's firefox, but more beautiful. Start up time is short, tabbed browsing is easy, and I like it (although I still have Safari and regular firefox installed).

zu1u

zu1u

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
since i switched to mac i've been using Opera i find it to be much more powerfull than firefox which requires a lot of plugins/extensions and such.. the only disadvantage is that it's not open source.. still it's free.. i heard a lot of good things about Camino.. i might just give it a shot..
Safari is a decent browser.. if i were to choose between it and firefox.. i'd go with Safari cause it takes up a lot less resources.. and is just as fast

Mactelman

Mactelman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
On mac, safari. It's what comes with OS X, works nicely and streamlined for me, and is perfectly fast with my 8Mbps cable connection.
For Windows IE7/IE7+ on Vista. I know this may get eaten up, but as long as I browse safely, and have an AV, IE is fine, and it's the fastest browser I've ever used, it's very compatible, and I just like IE7+'s interface. IE6 is fine for Xp too.
Linux/Unix/BSD: Firefox. Opera to me is just trying to be too much for a browser, while it's lightweight, and sometimes debatably faster, and does pass the ACID test, it just has too many incompatabilities for me. It is easier to compile though. Not only that, but most distros just come with Firefox/Thunderbird/Sunbird already included, and they're integral to the system with custom theming and auto updates.
Overall: I'll take IE7+ on Vista first, Safari on Mac second, and Firefox on Linux third.

Colonel

Colonel

11 Herbs & Spices

• Retired
  • 4,157 posts

since i switched to mac i've been using Opera i find it to be much more powerfull than firefox which requires a lot of plugins/extensions and such.. the only disadvantage is that it's not open source.. still it's free.. i heard a lot of good things about Camino.. i might just give it a shot..
Safari is a decent browser.. if i were to choose between it and firefox.. i'd go with Safari cause it takes up a lot less resources.. and is just as fast

Firefox is open source. :graduated:

• Guests
I use Camino. It does what i need and it doestn lagg like Safari does. :graduated:

reghost

reghost

The Holy Frijole!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Audio Production, Graphic Desing, Beta Testing
If Camino had built-in torrent support it would be Perfect! :graduated:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy