Leo4Allv3

eddie11c

440 posts in this topic

try booting with the rd=disk#s# bootflag pointing to your DVD drive.

so what would have changed from v2 to v3 that causes it to say waiting for root device after it finds the broadcom43xx just curious.... is it a driver issue (chipset or sata/pata) or stupid user issue? if I was unclear before it wont boot from dvdinto the installer is stops at the above stated area.... sorry for being stupid... or more correctly being made windows iliterate

As I have stated many times, the issue stems from the lack of proper support for the chipset. If I put all the device ID's in the kexts it causes 50% of the people issues, if I put them in it gives the other 50% problems. Leaving them out tends to work better because you can force your IDE DVD drive to be seen with rd=disk#s# for most people. I would try this and see if it works(confirmed to work for some other SBXXX chipsets).

Well, I have Core2Duo on MSI x975 Power Up Edition (jMicron controller). 8800GT video if that matters.

Refuses to load from SATA DVD, tried from IDE one and I've got this:

installation on IDE-drive just hangs up when it says "2 minutes remaining". Tried about 3 times with different kernels/drivers, same {censored}.

Checking DVD in the beginning was completely fine.

Any ideas?

Opened receipt database on '/Volumes/Leopard/' with schema 0.BomFileError 5: Input/output error - /Volumes/Leopard//System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.frameword/versions/C/AppKit Error extracting archive pkgExtractor exited with error 1 while processing package /System/Installation/Packages/Basesystem.pkg destinationVolume is Leopard Install failed: The Installer is experiencing errors installing onto "Leopard" Error message endsIt happens right after calculating remaining time.It was installing Mac OS X, Essential system software, 10.5.1, 10.5.2, LeoGraphicsUpd, FrontRow, Leo_Patches, Additional Fonts, Language Translations, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Korean, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Portuguese, Polish, Vanila Kernel 9.2.0, Third Party Drivers, Chipsets Drivers, SiliconImage3132 chipset driver, VIA and SB chipset driver, ICHx_Fixed_IOATA, Audiodrivers, AzaliaAudio, Azalia_ADI1988, ALC850, ALC882, ALC888, ALC889, AC97 Audio, Graphics Drivers, NVidia Driver, NVidia 10.5.2 kexts, NVinject 256 MB, Network drivers, Forcedeth driver, Skge driver, RTL8187, Good-Applications, Bootloader.It is a p35 based mobo.

post-235053-1212019409_thumb.gif

Any solutions are great!

Would anybody be nice enough to hook me up with the forcedeth-V kext? Everything is pretty much running perfect on my Kaly 10.5.2 installation except for some instability with the current forcedeth. :P

Thanks

Hey guys

I have tryed to install Leo4allv3 on my IBM ThinkPad R52, but after succesfully installation, is it going to restart and before it gets to Apple OS it just stops :) . Can anybody help me???

IBM ThinkPad R52

Graphics Subsystem

Video RAM std/max: 32MB / 32MB

Graphics chipset: ATI Mobility RADEON x300

Graphics type: XGA

Video RAM type: DDR2 SDRAM

Max resolution (with max video RAM): 2048x1536 16777216 colors

Max colors (with max video RAM): 16777216

Graphics bus interface: PCI Express

Processor

BIOS type: Flash ROM

Processor manufacturer: Intel

Processor (CPU): Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740

Processor internal clock speed2: 1.73GHz

Memory

Memory (RAM) std/max: 768MB

RAM type: PC2-4200 DDR2 SDRAM

Hard disk size1: 40GB

Hard disk type: ATA-100 (Enhanced IDE)

Hey guys

I have tryed to install Leo4allv3 on my IBM ThinkPad R52, but after succesfully installation, is it going to restart and before it gets to Apple OS it just stops :blink: . Can anybody help me???

IBM ThinkPad R52

Graphics Subsystem

Video RAM std/max: 32MB / 32MB

Graphics chipset: ATI Mobility RADEON x300

Graphics type: XGA

Video RAM type: DDR2 SDRAM

Max resolution (with max video RAM): 2048x1536 16777216 colors

Max colors (with max video RAM): 16777216

Graphics bus interface: PCI Express

Processor

BIOS type: Flash ROM

Processor manufacturer: Intel

Processor (CPU): Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740

Processor internal clock speed2: 1.73GHz

Memory

Memory (RAM) std/max: 768MB

RAM type: PC2-4200 DDR2 SDRAM

Hard disk size1: 40GB

Hard disk type: ATA-100 (Enhanced IDE)

try pressing F8 at bootup, then typing cpus=1. if that doesn't work, it's the pentium M that's the problem.

Thanks Eddie for all your hard work!

Any chance of this getting updated to 10.5.3 anytime soon?

When you come out with a new package, can you please try and support the x1400 Mobility graphics card? It looks as though many people are requesting this and I really just want to get my friends Hackintosh up and running...

Thanks again...

try pressing F8 at bootup, then typing cpus=1. if that doesn't work, it's the pentium M that's the problem.

No it's not. Leo4allv3 works like a charm with Pentium M (750 here).

"It just stops" is quite a vague description. I suppose it's got to do with the graphics - namely the external vga port. Connect a display to it and boot up again.

eddie11c can you give me some help?

I have a Toshiba laptop. The new A200 with the Penryn CPU.

Here is the specs page: Toshiba UK

Do you think Leo4All V3 will work fine on my laptop? Which configurantions should I selected when installing?

Many thanks!

hey everybody,

i`m new to this..

eddie11c, can you please tell me if this is going to work on a Sony Vaio FS115M ?

i have an nvidia geforce go 6200 video card with pentium m730.. i`ve tried jas 10.5 but it says cpu halted when i put the dvd in, and then restarts

let me know if this might work.. thanks!!

Yes it worked. I'm on leo4allv3 + stock kernel 9.2 then updated to 10.5.3 combo update with 9.3 kernel.

uname -a shows Darwin hostname.local 9.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.3.0: Fri May 23 00:49:16 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.5.18~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

Only thing that got broken for me was Battery Meter. Even graphics, sound all works.

Make sure you get the proper torrent, you must have 2 pkgs to install, one called Kalway_UpdCombo10.5.3.pkg and the other kernel.pkg which must be installed without a reboot inbetween them. Then i had to reboot once in safe mode, otherwise it gets stuck at "bsd root". Once I did this all worked.

Edit: To get Battery Meter working for leo4allv3 with kalway 10.5.3 combo update using Superhai's PowerManagement bundle works like a charm. Get it from this page: Superhai's PowerManagement Bundle

Now everything works for me except stupid HP webcam, which is known not to work for anyone.

Looks like I spoke too soon.

Quartz Extreme is gone, anyone know how to get this working again? Should I re-install using NVInstaller??

Edit: Got it working:

sudo -s

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/Geforce*

rebooted with -f in VESA mode. Ran NVInstaller and chose the correct NVinject (Go in my case). Rebooted again with -f

and it worked.

Apparently rebooting with -f also solved my bluetooth problem.

Now truly all that worked before are working. Sound, video, bluetooth, USB, battery meter, restart works (shutdown as always not).

BTW my system time keeps getting reset by a few hours each time I boot into some other OS after using OS X. Anyone else having this?? This has been the same from 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 as well.

Thanks a lot all.. OS X 10.5.3 rocks!

Hi all. I'm new to this osx86 stuff, but wanna try it though. ^_^

First, thanks to eddie for this great release.

I'm trying to install leo4allv3 on my lappy which is a nec versa m540. From all osx86 installer i can found, only leo4allv3 that can be boot successfully to installation.

I've installed the os fine, but the problem arise when I boot from my hdd. It stuck at "mac framework successfully initialized...".

Hardware :

pentium M 1,7 (SSE2 capable)

1GB DDR400 RAM

60GB IDE HDD

IDE DVDRW

intel mobo (865 i guess)

ATI radeon 9600pro mobility

I have no problem at installing. but have no luck after rebooting.

I've tried all sse2 kernel available, experimenting with those drivers in the installation package.

as i type this, I'm going for 5th install... And honestly I'm quite frustated... :P

I really want my lappy to run OSX and hopefully I won't give up until it does... :D

Anybody has info on how to get osx running on my lappy?

I've got the kext for my VGA but I think I need to make the os boot first before installing it right?

BTW, congratz for those who have successfully installed OSX86 on their PC... I'm a bit jealous LOL

@X-24:

1. Make sure you choose ONLY the Chipset drivers you need. Same goes for Graphics drivers. For sound and ethernet you can install multiple drivers.

2. Try different kernels, I would suggets you start with the default kernel and default ACPI. If that doesn't work try vanillas etc.

3. Install without any graphics driver if you have to (depending on where in the boot process you are stuck, if it's very late i.e. after mounting NTFS drives if you have any then 99% its a GFX card problem).

Good luck.

P.S. I had to install mine some 20 times before I got it booting.

@YzorYzor

on the 5th, back to speedstepkernel, but using old acpi, at least i got a bit improvement... LOL

It manage to boot a few more lines. :D Now it stuck after loading the network card...

I think it's time to change the smbios or chipset driver... I don't install any graphic driver because I had mine ready. Install as soon as it boot OSX.

For chipset driver, the default install if I choose nothing is Jmicron right?

and because I use DDR400 which is not listed in SMBIOS, can i just use the default one?

Helps are very very much apreciated... ;)

Thx 4 the support.