Leo4Allv3

eddie11c

440 posts in this topic

Hmm... so smbios is last option to play with if all else fails...

My chipset is ICH, but it's earlier than ich-7. And the ICH driver is only for ich-7/8/9, from what I read.

I can't seem to find any J-micron or something similar. And the kext for intel is only that ich-7/8/9 driver. Will it compatible with my board?

Seriously... I'm lost... :)

After few more times installing, I manage to make osx work without any darwin flags. But that's only one time. After I shutdown or restart, It would report some crash about login window. And won't boot to GUI.

Tried to re install with other cutomization but it was worse, won't boot at all. Tried to use darwin boot flags such as -v -x -f -legacy or cpus=1, but no luck... ;)

So after I boot osx for the first time, are there anything I need to customize?

Meanwhile I keep experimenting. Helps or clues are very appreciated.

Hey Eddie11c, thanks for all your hard work!

I wanted to let you know that your leo4allv2 worked flawlessly "out of the box" with my Intel DG31PR mainboard, but when I tried your new release (leo4allv3) the USB ports didn't work.

I also wanted to ask you if you plan an update to Leopard 10.5.3 for these releases like Kaliway did.

Thanks again and cheers!

Ah, so that's your release I downloaded... I've save it for when I need 10.5. Looks good. As I posted, I need a working 10.4 or some updates that can get my SATA and Network controllers working.

Thanx for all the work... I am presently installing 10.4.9 by some "uphuck" guy and it is a pretty good installation, the thing is I don't exactly understand the drivers I should choose.

I used the Intel SSE2 driver, and the upgrade, but I was unsure about which Video driver... This MB has an S3 Chrome onbored video card, didn't see a driver in the package for it. Maybe someone has made a kext for S3? I don't know if I even know how to install the drivers I was able to find.

When I understand how to convert PC specs to Mac specs, I'll post what I got and maybe someone can point me to the right drivers.

eddie11 thank you for the great release. I was able to install it on my Toshiba Satelite A205-S5804 great. Sound working, video works great. However my DVD-Burner is not present, well it is there but its not shiwing up. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Ok, finally found it, dang. Unfortunately i cant get it to boot into the installer. I can get V2 to install using -x. But for the life of me cannot get V3 to do the same, anyone have any other ideas or -x,-v,-s type codes to try???

Thanks a bunch,

Nick.

Ok, finally found it, dang. Unfortunately i cant get it to boot into the installer. I can get V2 to install using -x. But for the life of me cannot get V3 to do the same, anyone have any other ideas or -x,-v,-s type codes to try???

Thanks a bunch,

Nick.

The only way i have ever been able to boot into any relase out there is:

f8

apm=off noacpi

then my machine makes it to the install screen. on this v3 i get into and endless reboot after install. getting new parts wednesday so ill give it a try then with my new beast.

Hey there, I installed leo4all v.3 .. The installation went fine, sound works, everything works, except that i can't get connected to the internet. :( And i really want this to work so .. Please help me.

Processor : AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Dual.

Motherboard: Asus M2N-E

Network: Nvidia Nework Controller.

If you need more information, don't hesitate :)

Am using a M2N SLI Deluxe..have the n570 chipset with 2 lan ports, they don't work. Drivers not available..

I bought a D-link 58 something 10/100 mbps pci ethernet card..

Works with the skyge drivers

Thanks

Umang :wacko:

Am using a M2N SLI Deluxe..have the n570 chipset with 2 lan ports, they don't work. Drivers not available..

I bought a D-link 58 something 10/100 mbps pci ethernet card..

Works with the skyge drivers

Thanks

Umang :)

It Means that i should change my motherboard ? Is there any other way to make this work ? I don't have the SLI .. Mine is M2N-E (normal).

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

It Means that i should change my motherboard ? Is there any other way to make this work ? I don't have the SLI .. Mine is M2N-E (normal).

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

There is no way to get the integrated network on the M2N-E or SLi to work, they are the same motherboard save the SLi has a few extra toys, you can pick up a compatable network card for cheap, thats how I have network in OSX on my main system, the one in my sig is the box i built just for OSx86 and even its integrated network doesnt work, used a card from my GFs old P3 box and it was suppported without any kext installing

There is no way to get the integrated network on the M2N-E or SLi to work, they are the same motherboard save the SLi has a few extra toys, you can pick up a compatable network card for cheap, thats how I have network in OSX on my main system, the one in my sig is the box i built just for OSx86 and even its integrated network doesnt work, used a card from my GFs old P3 box and it was suppported without any kext installing

Hum Okay .. Does someone hava a name or something .. of a network card that works with OSX ?

Great work!!! Congratulation!!!

This release is my first bootable (natively) Mac OS on my AMD system. And I'm posting this using my Leopard...

AMD Athlon 3200+

Asus A8N-E

3 Western Digital SATAII HDD (Installed on a partition)

Gefore 6600

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 6000v2

Realtek AC97

IDE DVD-Writer

2.5GB DDR400

It boot like a charm, install like a charm, ram and processor show correctly and...what more can I said, it just works!! Just few problem, I couldn't get it boot if I choose to install nVidia driver during setup, and the DVDWriter's tray keeps opening.

Anyway, great release!!! Going to install again when I'm moving to my new Intel machine. :censored2:

I've got nforce4 chipset with ga-k8n-sli mainboard (sempron 3000+ s.939 sse2,sse3). Try almost everything to run Leo4allV3 (also Kalway too) and always "still waiting for root device" error occurred after successful installation. Putting the system on my ATA/SATA disk, doesn't matter, switching devices too. Only one device IDE/ATA MASTER with system also doesn't work. Tried to fix this by this totu ->

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1119

and nothing helps. Seeing Leo is 4 all but not for me.

I wonder if U could help me recommending good release with appropriate kexts or good guide. Sorry for my English. TIA

Cheers:)

Hey again, this is urgent, cause i'm going to the store right now to buy a network card, i want you to tell me which one works with leo4all v.3 and with my motherboard which is ASUS M2N-E. Answer Please !

• 2 weeks later...

hey eddie11c,

i was wondering if you knew where the boot0 file went to in /usr/standalone/i386/ ? In that folder i only have boot.efi and Firmware.scap . However i am trying to make my GUID leo4allv3 install dual boot with windows xp (xp not installed yet) and i read that after installing osx86 then xp, i need to refer to

"If in Windows, just use TransMac or MacDrive to find the file. If you’re using a Mac, click on Go to in the Menubar, then click on Go to directory/folder.

Type /usr/standalone/i386 - You’re now in the location of the OSx86-Bootfiles. Go to guid and copy the boot0 file to your Windows-Root (in most cases C:\)." (taken from here)

thanks in advance

INSTALLED FINE!

my spec

Leo4allv3-final 1.5.2

AMD Athlon 64X2 4000+

Biostar NF61S Micro AM2 SE

ONboard gforce 6100/nforce 405 (no QE/CE or whatever)

1GB RAM

realtek ALC681-VD (used azzilia)

Network not tested

HDD USB

Bluetooth Working fine

restart/ shutdown fine

system hangs while put to sleep.

options used while installing

old nforce kexts by medevil

SMBIOS DDR-800

appleazzilia for audio

Now someone please tell me how to remove firewire kexts to speed up booting since i didnot check this option while installing.

Hi! I've loked many topics and forums and nobody could't explain me the problem with the blue screen...

My AtiRadeon HD 2600Pro works perfectly on Leo4All v.2, but after succesful install of Leo4All v.3 i'm getting the nice blue screen with the mouse pointer.

What are the difference between this versions? I've found that the drivers are the same and I tasted the same kernels..

If I install the v.3 without video drivers - everething is ok.

I have no laptop - so I can't to switch an external monitor. My hackintosh - Am2 4400, nforce 590, and all SATA.

And I want to thank Eddie for the perfect reliz! Sorry for my english))