The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

you misunderstood me, alc660 and modem two different devices but modem runs through alc660 for sound.

i will play around with kexts if i have time.

josh

Thank you so much for your guide.

My Asus W7S works greatly except wireless, so I replaced another wireless card which were supported by OS X.

But is that any patch for W7S to make it able to sleep and wake?

Since this is a laptop, sleep and wake is very important too.

Thank you again.

Guest undefined

hello, bennyshum. which card did you replace by? im thinking about the same.

i don't think there's any patch to sleep, you should try different kernels.

hello, bennyshum. which card did you replace by? im thinking about the same.

i don't think there's any patch to sleep, you should try different kernels.

I forgot the exact brand and model of the wireless card that i replaced.

But from the system info, it shows Broadcom BCM43xx.

Hope that will help you.

Guest undefined
Is your slot a PCI-E?

i have no idea. i tried to look there to see a model of my card, since i dont really know what is it :( but half of card is covered. its pci-e most probably

i have no idea. i tried to look there to see a model of my card, since i dont really know what is it :P but half of card is covered. its pci-e most probably

I bought an Apple Airport Extreme Broadcom 802.11n card, which is compatable with the abg3945 card socket. It was very easy to swap the card. Now I have a native airport card out of the box. You can buy an Atheros card with a PCI-E socket or a Broadcom... there are several references about them on Insanely Mac. I think this is the best bet, since the ABG3945 drivers are taking forever to be developed... sadly though :D

i have no idea. i tried to look there to see a model of my card, since i dont really know what is it :censored2: but half of card is covered. its pci-e most probably
it seems broadcom 1390 also acts as an airport cardhey you guys,I've installed NvinjectGo 128 Vram... so.. how do I activate the external screen? I always get a black screen after the startup with the grey apple.If I push Fn+F8, everything just freezes and have to force reboot

out of curiosity, doesn't the apple N card need 3 antennas vs the 2 in the 3945 card?

I'm working on a new PC for my brother, hopefully I will be able to run OS X86 on it with the Q6600 overclocked :(

cheers,

Ant

ant! are there two antennas in 3945? that would solve my unsureness with the model ;)

I haven't seen them myself (I have 4965)... but it would make sense for a A/B/G card to only have 2 antennas... :D

Couple suggestions

1. did you try the mac web cam project drivers?

2. Did you try the fingerprint scanner drivers for OS X. I saw it in one of the forums here...download from manufacturer and it works.

Couple suggestions

1. did you try the mac web cam project drivers?

2. Did you try the fingerprint scanner drivers for OS X. I saw it in one of the forums here...download from manufacturer and it works.

my webcam isn't UVC and isn't supported by macam, and my fingerprint reader is a different model/manufacturer (last time i checked) =/

I haven't looked into either one in a while though lol

ant! are there two antennas in 3945? that would solve my unsureness with the model :)

It has. I've disconnected and reconnected them when I swaped my wifi card

I formatted my partition from C drive as NTFS and set id=af, after kalyway starts:

f8 cpus=1 -v

formatted partition as journaled HFS

select only

Vanilla_Kernel

Vanilla_ACPI_fix

BOOT_efi_mbr (under Bootloaders EFI)

After installation was done, the computer restarts, but cant boot into OSX, only with a flashing _ on the screen.

But I can boot into OSX only with the kalyway DVD in the drive and use f8 cpus=1 rd=disk0s2 -v

When I am in OSX, I use terminal and type sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 but got a error

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory

Enter 'help' for information

fdisk: 1> p

Disk: /dev/rdisk0 geometry: 19457/255/63 [312581808 sectors]

Offset: 0 Signature: 0xAA55

Starting Ending

#: id cyl hd sec - cyl hd sec [ start - size]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: 07 0 0 9 - 1023 254 63 [ 8 - 68277688] HPFS/QNX/AUX

2: AF 1023 254 63 - 1023 254 63 [ 68278272 - 32567296] HFS+

3: 05 1023 254 63 - 1023 254 63 [ 100845568 - 211735880] Extended DOS

4: 00 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 [ 0 - 0] unused

fdisk: 1> flag 2

Partition 2 marked active.

fdisk:*1> write

Device could not be accessed exclusively.

A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n] $

anyone knows how to fix this??? please

i also make the OSX partition active, and read some post about copying files from /usr/standalone/i386, but when i am boot into OSX i cant find that on the kalyway DVD. I am so close, i think i am just missing one little step. please help me.

I formatted my partition from C drive as NTFS and set id=af, after kalyway starts:

f8 cpus=1 -v

formatted partition as journaled HFS

select only

Vanilla_Kernel

Vanilla_ACPI_fix

BOOT_efi_mbr (under Bootloaders EFI)

After installation was done, the computer restarts, but cant boot into OSX, only with a flashing _ on the screen.

But I can boot into OSX only with the kalyway DVD in the drive and use f8 cpus=1 rd=disk0s2 -v

When I am in OSX, I use terminal and type sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 but got a error

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory

Enter 'help' for information

fdisk: 1> p

Disk: /dev/rdisk0 geometry: 19457/255/63 [312581808 sectors]

Offset: 0 Signature: 0xAA55

Starting Ending

#: id cyl hd sec - cyl hd sec [ start - size]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: 07 0 0 9 - 1023 254 63 [ 8 - 68277688] HPFS/QNX/AUX

2: AF 1023 254 63 - 1023 254 63 [ 68278272 - 32567296] HFS+

3: 05 1023 254 63 - 1023 254 63 [ 100845568 - 211735880] Extended DOS

4: 00 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 [ 0 - 0] unused

fdisk: 1> flag 2

Partition 2 marked active.

fdisk:*1> write

Device could not be accessed exclusively.

A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n] $

anyone knows how to fix this??? please

i also make the OSX partition active, and read some post about copying files from /usr/standalone/i386, but when i am boot into OSX i cant find that on the kalyway DVD. I am so close, i think i am just missing one little step. please help me.

Try following the instructions in this thread (second post): http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=57650

This restores the darwin bootloader, which it seems like you don't have. if it says "Device could not be accessed exclusively, try doing it in single user mode (-s on startup) or boot off the DVD and do it in terminal

to access the /usr/ folder in DVD, open up terminal in OS X and type "open /Volumes/DVD\ name\here/usr/standalone/"

replace DVD\ name\ here with your DVD name as shown on your desktop.

good luck!

Trying to install Leo4All v3 on Asus F3Sa (core2duo, ich8-based m/b, radeon hd 2600).

It installs ok (with "cpus=1" added on boot) but never boots installed OSX, freezing after

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 10405 buffer headers and 4096 cluster to buffer headers

any hints?