The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

Hey renaud~,

I have F3SC. Without the modified BIOS I could only install the Kaly 10.5.1, and with cpus=1. With the modified the 10.5.2 installer was started without any flags. You don't need the bios update utility for Windows Vista. In the BIOS setup you'll find a bios flasher utility, what can get the bios files from your hard disk. Just make a folder, for eg. C:\BIOS and put the file in that. That utility in the bios will be able to read it from there.

Its a good idea to put there the original bios from asus website, too if anything goes wrong.

those are sound and video drivers... they shouldn't be the ones making your boot hang.

can you tell me what lines your start up is hanging at (what line(s) startup stops at)? a picture would be really nice (try using the camera's focus on the screen).

@MUCSOO

did you try appleHDA? it could solve the line-out issue. back up your appleazalia.kext first. :D

this I try take picture,,hopefully u can see...

1_948022734l.jpg

Actually,when I using cpus=1 -v,,it will be show the messages like above,,after that change to blue screen(like screen before startup on apple)then Hang..

later I try to upload other picture..

this I try take picture,,hopefully u can see...

1_948022734l.jpg

Actually,when I using cpus=1 -v,,it will be show the messages like above,,after that change to blue screen(like screen before startup on apple)then Hang..

later I try to upload other picture..

then none of the error messages are your problem. you are hanging on the blue/logon screen during startup (NOT apple logo). search around the forum for threads relavent to the issue... because this thread is mainly for ASUS notebooks, and none of us (that I'm aware of) have encoutered this problem before.

you're almost there, good luck

then none of the error messages are your problem. you are hanging on the blue/logon screen during startup (NOT apple logo). search around the forum for threads relavent to the issue... because this thread is mainly for ASUS notebooks, and none of us (that I'm aware of) have encoutered this problem before.

you're almost there, good luck

OK. thanks for ur respons, I'm very appreciate that...

Thanks u...

Ok,

finally downloaded leo4allv3, the installation was going well, but when the mac os installer needed an emplacement to be installed, even if my hard disc is detected, the only one emplacement i see is my dvd drive that contain the dvd with leo4all.

anyone got that problem? or knows how to fix it?

im also having the same problem...

i've tried brazilmac dvd and iATKOS v1.0r2 dvd .

both stop at the white apple logo n pinewheel screen

when use -v , it says:

MAC framework sucessfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Extension " com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_Platfform" has immidiate dependencies on both

com.apple.kernal and com.apple.kpi component ; use only 1 file

im using asus G1S laptop

judge by previous post , i think alot laptop user having this prob especially asus laptop user

my spec :

core 2 duo T7500 2.2ghz

nvidia 8600m GT

2GB ram

can some 1 pro out there please help us with this problem please

thanks alot really

I have just tried to install kalyway 10.5.2 dvd (clean installation), IO installed it but the system hang out at the splash screen (the one with the apple and white background).

I notified that kalyway 10.5.2 dvd has a lot of more options to install than 10.5.1 and I was a little bit confused about that...

jjduro, has you got exactly the same computer than me (Asus F3JC, id like to know which options did you check or uncheck?

Thanks!

Juan

Ok,

finally downloaded leo4allv3, the installation was going well, but when the mac os installer needed an emplacement to be installed, even if my hard disc is detected, the only one emplacement i see is my dvd drive that contain the dvd with leo4all.

anyone got that problem? or knows how to fix it?

what do you mean by "emplacement"? If you mean "place to install", then you should format your partition into HFS+ and make sure it's mounted (see tutorial)

im also having the same problem...

i've tried brazilmac dvd and iATKOS v1.0r2 dvd .

both stop at the white apple logo n pinewheel screen

when use -v , it says:

MAC framework sucessfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Extension " com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_Platfform" has immidiate dependencies on both

com.apple.kernal and com.apple.kpi component ; use only 1 file

im using asus G1S laptop

judge by previous post , i think alot laptop user having this prob especially asus laptop user

my spec :

core 2 duo T7500 2.2ghz

nvidia 8600m GT

2GB ram

can some 1 pro out there please help us with this problem please

thanks alot really

I believe if you look for the thread with that issue, there's a solution where you delete the file associated with that error.

I recommend trying the Kalyway 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 DVD though

I have just tried to install kalyway 10.5.2 dvd (clean installation), IO installed it but the system hang out at the splash screen (the one with the apple and white background).

I notified that kalyway 10.5.2 dvd has a lot of more options to install than 10.5.1 and I was a little bit confused about that...

jjduro, has you got exactly the same computer than me (Asus F3JC, id like to know which options did you check or uncheck?

Thanks!

Juan

can you boot with the -v flag and tell us what error message you see or where it hangs at?

thanks for the suggestion antaholics but after triygn several times (3 or 4) it finally worked, but boot time takes around 1:30. That's more time than what it use to take with 10.5.1. Even with kalyway 10.5.1+comboupdate10.5.2+vanillakernel9.2 the boot process was faster. I think that maybe it's slower because kalyway 10.5.2 has too many pateches and options marked and I thinl some of them wasn't necessary for my computer.... Could it be?

jjduro have you experienced difference betweeen 10.5.2 boot times and 10.5.1? As asked before I'll be glad if you can let me know which options did you marked or unmarked at the installation?

Hey Antaholics I would first of all like to extend a great THANK YOU for the great tutorial you have constructed. Im also from Vancouver (Richmond to be exact) and bought my F3SV-A1 from NCIX!!

Anyhow, Vista as expected, is giving me plenty of problems with the formatting and partitioning of my drive.

Currently I have the stock HD with two partitions: C:, and D:,

I remember that back in XP it asked if you wanted to create a "Primary", or "Logical" partition; in Vista no such option exists. I have tried GParted, but with no luck... (it says it dosen't detect my display? :thumbsup_anim: )

Anybody got any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Antaholics I would first of all like to extend a great THANK YOU for the great tutorial you have constructed. Im also from Vancouver (Richmond to be exact) and bought my F3SV-A1 from NCIX!!

Anyhow, Vista as expected, is giving me plenty of problems with the formatting and partitioning of my drive.

Currently I have the stock HD with two partitions: C:, and D:,

I remember that back in XP it asked if you wanted to create a "Primary", or "Logical" partition; in Vista no such option exists. I have tried GParted, but with no luck... (it says it dosen't detect my display? :) )

Anybody got any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance!

Vista is fine IMO :P

if you had a Vista DVD (not recovery DVD from ASUS), it would give you the same options as the XP install disk, in GUI form.... but that's besides the point.

if you read the tutorial, you should have seen this (works perfectly fine in Vista):

In Windows: Right click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. Delete a partition, shrink your partitions, whatever! Do a new PRIMARY NTFS formatted partition.*

Then use diskpart (as shown in the tutorial) to make id=af

good luck! ;)

(ps. I'm from rmd too HAHA)

Then use diskpart (as shown in the tutorial) to make id=af

good luck! :offtopic:

(ps. I'm from rmd too HAHA)

Hey thanks! but I found what the underlying problem was...

In the ASUS recovery disk, I originally made it so it was 2 partitions. This however, creates an "Extended" partition for the drive D. Apparently extended partitions cannot act as a primary drive :(

So I had to delete my D drive and repartition it, that fixed the problem.

Another thing that might help is that I found this "little piece of heaven" that seems to be completely legit as long as you have Windows Vista.

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vist...-disc-download/

Basically its the standalone version of the Windows recovery center for Vista, I downloaded it and I'm dualbooting fine now!

Anyways thanks for your help once again!

hi,

does anyone got a asus F3Sc? (c2d T7250@2Ghz / Mobile Intel PM965 Express / NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G)

I tryed to install the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. But i get stuck at the beginning of the set up, even if i use cpus=1.

I've seen that it's working for some people who got a F3Sc. I'm wondering what im doing wrong.

Anyway, i haven't tryed to install a tweaked bios, because the bios flasher utility is only working for vista, and im using xp. :lol:

Hey,

I had the same problems with my F3SV (I was reluctant to install a custom bios). I eventually gave up and installed the custom BIOS though. You don't have to use the winflash utility supplied by ASUS, as a flasher is integrated in the motherboard (i presume), all you have to do is hit [CTRL]+[F2] when your computer boots (when the asus logo comes on)

Hope it helps!

Hey thanks! but I found what the underlying problem was...

In the ASUS recovery disk, I originally made it so it was 2 partitions. This however, creates an "Extended" partition for the drive D. Apparently extended partitions cannot act as a primary drive :censored2:

So I had to delete my D drive and repartition it, that fixed the problem.

Another thing that might help is that I found this "little piece of heaven" that seems to be completely legit as long as you have Windows Vista.

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vist...-disc-download/

Basically its the standalone version of the Windows recovery center for Vista, I downloaded it and I'm dualbooting fine now!

Anyways thanks for your help once again!

great find!

I believe with SP1, it's possible for windows itself to create one of these, but I haven't tried it yet. I just downloaded the image of a retail DVD (I don't think it's illegal to have one, especially if I don't use it to install anything and I own a vista license), and used that to do recovery :rolleyes:

Yes! I've done. Everything works (2 cores, bt, ethernet, sound, video) except wi-fi, camera, fingerprint scanner, but it shutdown isn't working (sleep too). Any ideas? BatteryMeter is not installed (i'll try it later). SpeedStep too.

great find!

I believe with SP1, it's possible for windows itself to create one of these, but I haven't tried it yet. I just downloaded the image of a retail DVD (I don't think it's illegal to have one, especially if I don't use it to install anything and I own a vista license), and used that to do recovery :lol:

I was downloading Vista too, but then a full DVD was just too tedious for me, and Shaw apparently throttles torrent traffic now...

everyone i will be building a custom AppleHDA and ALCinject files today that work with ALC660 not VD version, i've got abit of reading to do, but i'm on my way. Lets see if i can beat AppleHDA Patcher v2.00b

give me time :)

josh

everyone i will be building a custom AppleHDA and ALCinject files today that work with ALC660 not VD version, i've got abit of reading to do, but i'm on my way. Lets see if i can beat AppleHDA Patcher v2.00b

give me time :)

josh

please remeber to put in a step by step guide for newbies!

thanks

please remeber to put in a step by step guide for newbies!

thanks

that would be way to hard, its hard enough for me to slowly understand the codec dumps and nodes and path maps etc, would be a huge process and there is no easy way of writing a guide because everyone has different codec id's, vendor id's etc etc plus many more you would have to consider, i will provide the kexts that work then people can go modify, i will give some information of the right direction to head.

just give me time, just studying it at the moment with a working codec dump.

josh