The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

Guest undefined

wow, i haven't been on the line for a long, if there's 10.5.4 out already :rolleyes: i still find 10.5.2 freshy, and i'm not sure if i want to risk screwing my system for 10.5.3 just for some useless fixes.

Jermo - what would you like to do with time machine, actually?

Renze - sure, just ensure you have a vanilla kernel for 10.5.3 update

Hi all... Always the same shutdown issue for me...

Atlee what kext(s) do you use for HDA ?

10.5.3 is definitly more reactive (9.2 speedstep kernel), but boot is longest.... And i have some KP with video editing on AE or FCP (think graphics card is too much stressed...)

I was wondering... Does anyone have sleep with SpeedStep Kernel ?? Like here...

Soon i will receive my dell dw 1390 wifi card (And 2Gb of Ram Corsair !!!!!! for only 30e on ebay !), does anyone have tested it ? I know it work OOTB on some laptop... And for Asus ???

I'm having toubles with the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc. It installs ok, and on reboot, it goes past the grey logo screen, then sits on a corrupted page. If I press Fn f8 I can get see a working screen and cursor, but its unusable as its so corrupt.

I have tried various different configs, mainly vanilla kernel and no video driver at all.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

It's not possible to have sleep with speedstep kernel. You must choose the sleep kernel from netkas to have it working, but then you would lose the speedstep.

I got an F3JC. i was using speedstep kernel under 10.5.2. Then I tried to update to 10.5.3 with vanilla comboupdate and it broke my system... so I had to reinstall 10.5.2

I don't think I'll install 10.5.3 unless until kalyway release a dvd for 10.5.3, but they probably won't do it because 10.5.4 will be ut in july.

Question for jjduro

I know you got exactly the same laptop than me. Were you be able to have sound and shutdown under 10.5.2 (vanilla kernerl?

I have sound thanks to Taruga and the isntall instructions you posted somewhere, but I don't have shutdown...

And which xbench marks do you have?

I'm around 85-95 points... I think is low for my computer:

Asus F3JC (Laptop)

core 2 duo 1.67Ghz

2Gb ram 667mhz

Geforce Go 7300 Turbo cache (128mb dedicated and until 512mb shared)

Guest undefined

success! 10.5.3 installation run smooth and i have vanilla kernel now. i'm looking forward for shutdown fix now. :(

Hi Y'all

Currently i'm running Leo4all V 3 on my Asus F3SE notebook. Pretty happy about it. Even sound and internal network-card works!

However, I still have one issue. My CD/DVD player (IDE connected) is not recognized. Anybody around who can help ??

Greetz

BlueSky

ASUS F3SE – Leo4Allv3-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[sSE2/SSE3]

• Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 1.8 GHz - working (both cores!!)

• 2048 MB DDR2 667MHz SDRAM - working

• 120GB SATA Hard Drive - working

• ATI Radeon Mobile X2500 128MB - working

• Realtek ALC660 Sound - working

• Built-in 1.3M webcam - not working

• Bluetooth - working

• Attansic L1 Gigabyte Ethernet - working!!! (Driver)

I can safely say that this method works for the F8Sn (only I didn't install the modded BIOS so I don't have both cores running at the moment). I used the 10.5.1 disc as nothing else (Kalyway 10.5.2, iATKOS, Leo4All, ToH) would work for me.

I also got it updated to 10.5.3 using JaS OSX86 10.5.3 Intel SSE3 Combo Update + SMB Fix.

Now I just need to slowly get some of my hardware working. ;)

There is a Leo4All V3 10.5.3 - I've installed it on my desktop.

Now, about your questions:

Sometimes the system shuts down, others it doesn't. It depends on the mood of the day. I still believe it's a kernel related issue. I've talked to Taruga about it and he says he's got the same problem on one of his computers.

Xbench scores with iAKTOS v2 on Asus F3Jc:

Results: 96.70

Xbench Version: 1.3

System Version: 10.5.4 (9E6)

Physical RAM: 2048MB

Model: iMac7,1

My F3Jc is the same as yours:

Asus F3JC

Core 2 Duo 1.67Ghz

2Gb ram 667mhz

Geforce Go 7300 Turbo cache (128MB dedicated and 256MB shared, don't know how to turn it on)

PM if you need anything else.. or post your doubts here ;)

I don't think I'll install 10.5.3 unless until kalyway release a dvd for 10.5.3, but they probably won't do it because 10.5.4 will be ut in july.

Question for jjduro

I know you got exactly the same laptop than me. Were you be able to have sound and shutdown under 10.5.2 (vanilla kernerl?

I have sound thanks to Taruga and the isntall instructions you posted somewhere, but I don't have shutdown...

And which xbench marks do you have?

I'm around 85-95 points... I think is low for my computer:

Asus F3JC (Laptop)

core 2 duo 1.67Ghz

2Gb ram 667mhz

Geforce Go 7300 Turbo cache (128mb dedicated and until 512mb shared)

Guest undefined

I agree with shutting down, jjduro, though I succeed almost everytime when I turn all my programs off, then shut down.

Hi all !!!

OK, now i have shutdown with HDA, just tweak a little previous solution..

If you want solution, just "cp" content of HDA.zip to /Library/StartupItems/ (with terminal)

You need HDAenabler instead of ALCinject.kext, attached too... If you don't want it or if HDAenabler doesn't work, "nano" HDA file then replace HDAenabler.kext with ALC...

Then after a reboot shutdown and sound should work...

Sound icon appairs when you lunch an audio app or if you click in menu bar where it is normaly...

Credit to here and here (Need to register : taruga wiki)

Sorry for english...i'm tired !!!

HDA.zip

HDAEnabler.kext.zip

HDABoot.txt

Great idea. I'll try it. Else you can send you system to sleep (FN+ZZZZZZZZ key). That kills my audio driver, and should stop several other processes. And after awakening (FN+ZZZZZZZZ key again), shut it down... (OK. I known it's complicated...)

I agree with shutting down, jjduro, though I succeed almost everytime when I turn all my programs off, then shut down.

Hi guys!

I'm new here.

I was working in production of iMacs and repairing them, therefore I had some time with them and know how they're working....but I have an Asus F3jc, and could you tell me, if it will work as good as on iMacs?

If yes, which version is best for my machine at this time?:(

Thanks for your help jjduro! I didn't know there was a leo4all dvd for 10.5.3!

saintckm, I don't know if it will work as good as iMacs as I never had one of them, but you can got everything working except (wireless, webcam and integrated card reader).

The wireless thign can be solved buyign a compatible usb wireless card or replaciong the intel pro wireless abg3945 for one compatible.

I installed it with Kalyway 10.5.2, you must select to install some kexts as nvidiago, realtek r1000 and after the installation you will have to install the kexts for the audio (pm if you need more help)

Guest undefined

I found out that turning running programs off before shutting down has no actual influence on shutting process. Though, I did some tests and can guarantee, that if it doesn't turn off after 27-35 seconds of black screen, laptop will not shut down.

Hi there! I've got a F3SR..

that's my story:

after I installed Leopard (kaly 10.5.1), when booting without the -x the screen appeared with 4 coloums of garbage... (problems with driver i guess). Booting with -x was all right.

Then I installed the triakis atiradeonx2000.kext... resulting (after rebooting) in black screen for 5 seconds, then automatic reboot (with or whitout -x).

I tried to boot with -s and delete atiradeonx2000.kext, but is still black for 5 sec and then reboot.

What's wrong with me? :D

Great Tutorial, got my F3Sc working, a part of it at least :)

Both Cores, Audio, ethernet, nvidia 8400m g work great

dual boot is ok but with som errors. I did exactly what is written in the tut (= don't know where ist the mistake :D )

If i go to OSX an hit enter in the vista loader i get a 5 second timer of darwins loader. if i do not hit any key it jumps back to bista loader^^ If i go to OSX, hit enter, put my ass on the keyboard to hit any key and then select osx one more time and press enter it works..

Someone could tell me please what have i got to get that working as intended?

Guest undefined
Someone could tell me please what have i got to get that working as intended?

You should set your OS X partition active. Do it from diskpart utility in Vista :hysterical:

yeah that made sense for me too but then i get

h0000000000

hfs+ partition error

if i set it active and then repair hfs+ partition error in easybcd i get a chain boot error?

have i got to change drive in change settings in easybcd? atm vista and osx are set to C:\

sorry but i'm quite new to the whole boot thing, i had 2 macbooks b4 ^^

installed osx the 4th time now (nut just because of the booting thing), every time the same.

differences: didn't choose Vanilla_ACPI_fix and BOOT_efi_mbr (not listed in kaly 10.5.2, thought that would be installed automatically) and didn't use the virginizer (didn't see much differences to orig. osx on my macbook)

?

Guest undefined

No wonder why it doesn't boot properly without BOOT_efi_mbr. How's that not listed? Which distribution are you using?