The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

PiNcluSsS, how to completely remove drivers for sound device and reinstall'em?? I deleted ALCInject, AppleHDA, and AppleAzaliaController.kext, but leopard still recognize my sound card as Intel Build-in or something like that....

My leopard is muted..... T-T

if it recognizes in system profiles, it's normal if you use modified bios. if you deleted ALCInject, AppleHDA, and AppleAzaliaController.kext so you've removed drivers, install new now

THanks PiNcIuSsS but i don't think it's a kernel issue, because when HDA kext is out, shutdown works, with any kernel, but when it's in place, shutdown doesn't work, even if fixed kernel.

Abd i want to continue with speedstep kernel...

Sound or Shutdown... Difficult. reboot works, so i think os x can't stop sound card, (kernelshutdown only fix pb with dual core system (os x can't stop one of th two core) or bios issue related....).

Nobody have this issue ?

Antholics you had the same no ??

Thanks guys !

wiwi is correct, the modified versions of applehda and alcinject does stop comp from shutting down properly, but it also can be done via the ati x1700 files, if you remove both of them, then all your shutdown/restart should be fixed.

josh

So we have to choose between shutdown and sound....

There is nothing else to do ? Don't want to buy a external sound card... Don't want to always stop the machine after reboot.... Don't want to do my homework...

Josh you say that shutdown doesn't work with "mod" HDA, does it works with original ?

Guest undefined

my shutdown works with or without hda. (the hda itself doesnt work though ;) ) with kabyl kernel.

Hi

My DVD player doesn't work, so I put Kalyway DVD installarion in a partition.

I used the following command in Ubuntu:

cat kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso > /dev/sda4

My question is: How to boot computer in that partition?

I googled and found a boot tool called "gujin", but I don't know how to use this.

I have an Asus F3JC.

Thank You.

Hi there, i experienced some problems with my F3jc laptop. I managed to install the kalyway 10.5.2 and then i tryed to install Intel wireless driver and realtek 660 audio driver, but nothing seems work. What i have to do? Audio problem is secondary, but the wireless card is essential.

Hi guys,

I need lots of help. I have an Asus F3L-AP016P (looks like I'm the only F3L owner here), and I've tried Kalyway's 10.5.2 and 10.5.1 with no luck. This is as far as I get:

10.5.1:

dscf3624iu7.th.jpg

10.5.2:

dscf3622ls9.th.jpg

I've asked for a modified BIOS in this thread, at the moment I just have the default one. I've tried switching the SATA setting in BIOS from Compatible to Extended, but it hasn't helped.

Thanks in advance! :hysterical:

Hugh it smells like a disk error !!!

If you get it at installation, it's a burn error, and if you get it after, try to check for bad sector on you HD....

If not, don't know.... it's strange...

No any idea for the shutdown pb with HDA ?

If only it can sleep...but not with speedstep kernel !!!

OSX86 is a world of choice....

Successfully updated to Kalyway 10.5.3. I had to type update -v at darwin boot, then remove ATIinject.kext, ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ALCinject.kext, AppleHDA.kext but everything is back to normal.

Why i removed those 4 files? Because it will stop the system from freezing after boot up.

josh

Hi guys,

I need lots of help. I have an Asus F3L-AP016P (looks like I'm the only F3L owner here), and I've tried Kalyway's 10.5.2 and 10.5.1 with no luck. This is as far as I get:

10.5.1:

dscf3624iu7.th.jpg

10.5.2:

dscf3622ls9.th.jpg

I've asked for a modified BIOS in this thread, at the moment I just have the default one. I've tried switching the SATA setting in BIOS from Compatible to Extended, but it hasn't helped.

Thanks in advance! :(

The first screenshot looks like a DVD burn error. try burning the disk slower (2x or something)

The second screenshot is a known error with the SMC platform plugin file... look around on the forums (sorry I can't be of much help, I can't remember which file it is) for the file to remove from the ISO before burning, an it should work.

Good luck!

Hi there, i experienced some problems with my F3jc laptop. I managed to install the kalyway 10.5.2 and then i tryed to install Intel wireless driver and realtek 660 audio driver, but nothing seems work. What i have to do? Audio problem is secondary, but the wireless card is essential.

Which Intel wireless device do you have? ABG 3945 or 4965AGN? If you have one of these, you won't have a working wireless network. For now, those devices are not supported under OSX. The drivers are under research. you can try a wireless dongle, there are several references about them on this thread. just look on antaholics signature

Thanks atlee but update don't do anything more than broking my powermanagement (Now it works but time is not good 10:00...), and there is no more KP when i want to shutdown in graphic mode, but fan and led always don't stop.

And the HDAfix broke boot.... :)

10.5.3 seems more reactive !

long time no talk for me. As of many months ago when I installed 10.5.1 on my computer I have not had a working copy of windows and trying to install it doesn't work because "windows cannot find a suitable volume" Oh well.. I tried installing it with vmware fusion and that worked until I restarted my computer and it seemed to mess up my hard drive partitions so I had to re install osx. My question this time around is how do I get time machine working? Starting over completely from scratch every time is getting irritating and this time I messed up kexts or something and my usb doesn't work unless I restart with the device plugged in. I think I have 10.5.2 right now and I wouldn't mind 10.5.3.

Thanks guys

Can I just follow the guides for 10.5.2 / 10.5.3 on this forum, or should I do something different in the instalation process?

greatz,

Renze.

I actually haven't touched this stuff in a while... are we up to 10.5.4 already???

If I do try it, I will post back ;)

Not oficially. But I had an inside help :D