The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

ant, I just checked my system profiler, audio (Build-In). I just found two lines of text:

Intel High Definition Audio

Device ID: 0x10431339

What does it mean? And there are no more other audio device shown in System Profiler...

Just received my Dell DW 1490 Mini PCI Express Card bought on eBay.

Replaced my wifi card (Asus Laptop F3JP) and booted Leopard.

The card is recognized as airport card out of the box without the need of installing drivers.

Now also my HP Photosmart 3210 (Scanner/Printer with Networking) works fine.

Wasn't recognized by the HP Software with my Wifi USB Stick (wasn't detected as Aiport Card).

So now my Setup is as perfect as it could be for my F3JP i think. :hysterical:

-Full resolution (1440x900) with QE/CI

-Wifi and LAN working

-Audio working beside of Mute (didnt check Mic In/Line In)

-BT working

Bye Bye Windows. :hysterical:

pinclusss, thanks, I will try it.

thyraz, congratulations 2 ya! Maybe I will buy one of that wireless card too.

BTW, is there any 802.11n Wireless card compatible with Leopard ??

Buy the Apple 802.11n card from eBAY

:lol:

hi,

i have installed mac osx on my asus f3sv and most of the stuff works well. but there are 2 things that sucks. 1. i don't see a battery meter 2. if i choose shut down, the mac osx screen disappeer, but the computer stays on.

can anyone help me fix this problems?

i have 4 weeks left of school, lost of assignments due, need to finish my college...if Taruga's patch is out before then, sorry but if not i'll get it working by then...

sorry guys

Hey guys

How is everyone controlling the Bluetooth function. Pressing Fn-2 (as you do in XP/Vista to change between Wifi/Bluetooth) lights up the Bluetooh LED on the laptop but OSX either says the Bluetooh is not connected or not on. Is there a way to manually (within OSX) to turn Bluetooh on/off ?

Cheers

do you have a hardware switch? use it.

Hey guys

How is everyone controlling the Bluetooth function. Pressing Fn-2 (as you do in XP/Vista to change between Wifi/Bluetooth) lights up the Bluetooh LED on the laptop but OSX either says the Bluetooh is not connected or not on. Is there a way to manually (within OSX) to turn Bluetooh on/off ?

Cheers

Jep, Hardwareswitch also works for me.

Bluetooth gets reactivated after switichin on.

Wireless (replaced my Wifi Card mit with a Dell) need to get reactivated manually in the airportmenu in finderbar.

ToT !!

I deleted all the kext files (AppleHDA.kext and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext) and re-install many version with kexthelper 0.7. But now even my internal speakers are dead!

Now I lost sound, and nothing appears in the Top-Bar. It used to be a speaker icon and adjustment panel there, now it's gone too.....

How can I fix this?? Reinstall the whole Leopard ???

and wiki.taruga.net is off-line........

need help ! Thanks everyone!! lol

PiNcluSsS:

Yup, i did rename them to AppleHDA.kext

antaholics:

yes, I installed ALCInject.kext......

atlee:

thanks for the advise. I will try more dif versions.... try to find useful combination.

God:

Please have mercy and help me.....

Hi !!!

Long time no see this forum... (school is too funny ! :blink: ) How are you all ? :D

Ok, just a question, is the shutdown issue causes by AppleHDA is still alive in your laptop ????

It's the only thing i want to change in my Hack...

(that and the mac's blurry font-antialaising :thumbsdown_anim: ... but that not possible until Windows makes cleartype open source...so not before twenty years)

Thanks for reply, just want to be sure, i've search and don't find any good result...