The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

antaholics thanks for your kalyway isntallation guide for Asus F3 laptops!

But I think first post of this topic should be updated with How to update to 10.5.2 with "kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate" + "10.5.2 kernel vanilla and patched"

That's how I did it:

-I downloaded both files from pir^ate b+ay (you know what i mean no?).

-Then I installed first the comboupdate and later the other file to update the kernel and System.kext.

-The 2nd file asked me to choose one kernel (original and patched), I selected the first one (original), I think the patched one is for old machines.

( I did it following this instructions: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87607)

It would be also good if you update the 1st post with something like "how to make a clean install of kalyway 10.5.2 dvd (without updates from 10.5.1)".

Hope you can do that and thanks again for your work!

Guest undefined

dual display should work out of the box with newest nvinject drivers. well, it worked for me :D

2 fingers trackpad is a homemade tweak, its shaky and very unprecise.

I see several signatures which say: Bluetooth - working (or fully working).

I'm asking myself: "How did they do that ?"

I've an ASUS Z53SE (F3SE), running 10.5.2 (Kalyway), updated from 10.5.1 with Combo update (Kalyway + iAtkos).

Waiting for Kabyl for a modified BIOS, so it can run on 2 cores.

My Ati X1700 128MB is working, but have no QE/CI.

WLAN is an Intel 3945. Jalavoui is currently busy trying to make this baby work.

Also, can not 'wake-up' after going to 'sleep'. Has something to do with CPUPowerManagement ?

So if anybody can point me in the right direction(s) ... especially for bluetooth.

another thing i picked up on today is my built-in modem which is Motorola SM56 Soft modem, I found that OSX has native drivers, IOSerialFamily.kext-->Plugins-->MotorolaSM56K.kext and also MotorolaSM56KUSB.kext, can someone give me all vendor id etc from windows so i can see if i can get this file to work.

maybe i have to create a inject kext file?

thanks

josh

Guest undefined

josh! it MIGHT be a solution for audio. my audio in windows didn't work until i installed modem drivers, so maybe. it could be also uaa problem, and i dont really know if theres any solution for that. anyway -

HDAUDIO\FUNC_02&VEN_1057&DEV_3055&SUBSYS_10431316&REV_1007

and AstrAir - then you have a problem :D

hey guys great guide / follow up posts btw :(. i got everything installed pretty much but i was wondering if there was a driver for the ATIhd2600. I have the F3SA and the default driver glitches out and i cant even see the screen. I had to remove it to get any video to come up. any help would be awesome, thanks!

Thanks to PiNcIuSsS not only my Bluetooth is working, also my webcam.

Started iChat, et voila: "me, myself and I" :-)

Bluetooth: Switch the hardware button to "On" (I thought it was for WLAN only, but it seems you power both the wireless device on/off).

Then press Fn key + F2 key, once or twice.

Webcam: ?? I started System Profiler to see for any changes. Then under "USB" !! There it was: "USB2.0 1.3M UVC WebCam"

ah yeah i tried nat and got a black screen at startup. Ive tried the method at the top of the video card forum but no luck :/. anyone else know if they are making those drivers availible / testing or anything? i see the new imacs use ati cards, i wonder if we could use those?

there must be a driver for the HD2400/2600 out of the box because the pc's i use at school are the new 24" imacs with Ati HD2600's and OSX supports them natively, just get the ATI drivers off there website.

I'll get the ATiX2000Radeon kext files from school pc and upload them.

josh

AstrAir atlee

How did your sound cards working ?

could u attach kext for them? and result of typing it in terminal

kextstat | grep -e Audio -e HDA

right now i'm using:

70 2 0x2df8c000 0x17000 0x16000 com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily (1.6.4b7) <69 6 5 4 2>

82 0 0x2e128000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AudioIPCDriver (1.0.4) <70 6 5 4 2>

91 2 0x2e142000 0x6000 0x5000 com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (1.2.9a4) <6 5 4 2>

92 0 0x2e148000 0x7000 0x6000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (1.2.4a21) <91 17 6 5 4 2>

95 0 0x346b5000 0x4b000 0x4a000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (1.2.9a4) <91 70 6 5 4 2>

I can use v133a1 but i'm working on the latest v 1.4.

josh

there must be a driver for the HD2400/2600 out of the box because the pc's i use at school are the new 24" imacs with Ati HD2600's and OSX supports them natively, just get the ATI drivers off there website.

I'll get the ATiX2000Radeon kext files from school pc and upload them.

josh

iMac uses different connectors, that's the problem!

could u provide alcinject and applehda files

just want try them and may be fix a bit :)

right now i'm using:

70 2 0x2df8c000 0x17000 0x16000 com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily (1.6.4b7) <69 6 5 4 2>

82 0 0x2e128000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AudioIPCDriver (1.0.4) <70 6 5 4 2>

91 2 0x2e142000 0x6000 0x5000 com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (1.2.9a4) <6 5 4 2>

92 0 0x2e148000 0x7000 0x6000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (1.2.4a21) <91 17 6 5 4 2>

95 0 0x346b5000 0x4b000 0x4a000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (1.2.9a4) <91 70 6 5 4 2>

I can use v133a1 but i'm working on the latest v 1.4.

could u provide alcinject and applehda files

just want try them and may be fix a bit :)

feel free to play around:

http://rapidshare.com/files/111734319/alc660.zip.html

in my spare time when i have finished designing stuff for school, then i'll sit down and have another crack at fully working this codec, if not then Taruga will beat me with the v2.0 patch.

josh

hi,

i use the darwin bootloader, but the standard selected partition is that with Mac OSX. I also have a partition with vista. and i want that to be the native os. is there a code for the com.apple.boot.plist file that changes that??

you know, it could be really not working audio a fault of modem, because it is "Motorola HD Audio Speakerphone Modem". And someone with working audio, could you write here your modem dev id and etc.

hi,

i use the darwin bootloader, but the standard selected partition is that with Mac OSX. I also have a partition with vista. and i want that to be the native os. is there a code for the com.apple.boot.plist file that changes that??

if you wanna use Vista as the default OS, you must make the vista partition active.

the easiest way is to do it w/ the Vista DVD, repair startup, and you get Vista

then, install EasyBCD on Vista and configure a Mac OS boot option in the Vista bootloader.

you know, it could be really not working audio a fault of modem, because it is "Motorola HD Audio Speakerphone Modem". And someone with working audio, could you write here your modem dev id and etc.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_02&VEN_1057&DEV_3055&SUBSYS_10431316

well usually the modem device id etc should be inside your audio codec dumpsright down the bottom, but if your modem is not installed then the dump will not read properly and up the top it will say something about modem not found, so there has to be a connection with AppleHDA and MotorolaSM56