Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

iatkos 4a is out now for AMD and LawlessPPC as well.

Get that in google

Abit IP35-Pro

Q6600

8800 GTS

All works perfectly, many thanks on the great release! :(

Question - i use the vanilla kernal on my systen and was wondering if it was safe to update to 10.5.4 via the software update? or if thats just gonna break the install. Thanks!

sorry guys, i have tried the searching but i have got no result,

ok so here is my problem i have an asus p3k-e wifi ap and i used this dvd to install leopard now i dont have sound, now in windows there is a installer and setup but in mac i don't have any idea where i can find the drivers. Plus i think my display driver is also not working. everything else works fine and smooth and i am posting this msg from leopard. can anyone help please?

thanks in advance [im not really a noob, maybe just in leopard?!]

Abit IP35-Pro

Q6600

8800 GTS

All works perfectly, many thanks on the great release! :rolleyes:

Question - i use the vanilla kernal on my systen and was wondering if it was safe to update to 10.5.4 via the software update? or if thats just gonna break the install. Thanks!

yes u will break it you need to use the combo update to .5.3 then u can use the online updater to .5.4

here are the instructions i followed

http://cocoatree.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/...y-1051-to-1054/

My hat is off to Kaly, Good documentation and a fantastic DVD to install with. I have just installed on an old A8N-SLI - NVidia 7600 with 3 gig of RAM and worked out of the box with only the sound not working. Will search the forums for a fix later, thanks for the hard work mate. :P

Poopy!

So I got this downloaded, burned, and ready too go.

It errors out at the very end of the install no matter how I try to install. I tried the 'nilla, just normal, with and without all the driver add-ons....but I get this everytime

macinstallfail.jpg

Help...please....

Read carefully !!!

if you want adding drivers support to dvd boot you must put the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd folder on your desktop then put kexts you want add to dvd extensions in the ADD_KEXT_TO_DVD folder (you can find natit for ati hd in this folder) and run Add_kext_to_dvd_boot.command !!!

what do you mean by "run Add_kext_to_dvd_boot.command"?

what do i do or use to "Run" the command file?

Any ideas how to get past this screen? "still waiting for root device..."

I was originally using a sata hard-drive, and the full four gigs of ram(although I did type in "cpus=1 maxmem=2048"), but even after switching to an IDE hd, and pulling out a stick of ram, it does the same thing... =/

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

post-277152-1219475595_thumb.jpg

Any ideas how to get past this screen? "still waiting for root device..."

I was originally using a sata hard-drive, and the full four gigs of ram(although I did type in "cpus=1 maxmem=2048"), but even after switching to an IDE hd, and pulling out a stick of ram, it does the same thing... =/

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Oh. All you gotta do is boot into it in safe mode. Just use the -x flag.

It should get passed the problem. :P

Hello,

I downloaded your release recently and I have tried booting from it but it fails. It successfully loads into the disk and starts doing a bunch of stuff but stops after these message:

Jun 13 12:06:05 localhost kextd[47]: root file system is read only: skipping kernel link data generation

Jun 13 12:06:30 localhost Directory Service[53]: Launched Version 5.2 (v514.4)

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=41[configd] clearing CS_VALID

Apple16X50ACPTI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Apple16x50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16

MaxBaud=115200

NTFS driver 2.1[Flags: R/O]

NTFS volume name , version 3.1

I'm pretty noobish at this, and I hope you don't mind me asking for help. (sorry if I missed something, I tried as hard as i could)

Thanks

I'm having the exact same problem. I had Zephyroth's 10.5.1 installed just

fine but I wanted to upgrade so I could have more pre-installed drivers and

such. I don't know what happened, but apparently there's something wrong

with my NTFS partition or something. I tried a CHKDSK in Windows, but no

avail. Any help... Anyone? :huh:

First boot fail with Kalyway 10.5.2

My Hardware Details as below:

1. AMD 3800+

2. nForce Chip

After the installation, I can not boot into the Leopard. I have seleced the AMD patch for my computer.

I have typed "-v" on the boot option.

Any person have idea on it? Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you

First boot fail with Kalyway 10.5.2

My Hardware Details as below:

1. AMD 3800+

2. nForce Chip

After the installation, I can not boot into the Leopard. I have seleced the AMD patch for my computer.

I have typed "-v" on the boot option.

Any person have idea on it? Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you

Maybe I'm retarded....but where the hell can I get the ISO. No links anywhere. Is this something I need from a torrent?

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page is a great source for starting out and preparing for your first install ( or even ur 50th) Maybe if you browsed the sight you will find your answer :(

I dont know if this is a tip, but anyway...

I have tried to install Kalyway and Leo4all on my AMD and Leo4all does not even boot the DVD. Kalyway does boot and install but when reboot from the HD it gives and kernel panic related to the nforce ATA driver.

My ABIT NF8-V uses a nforce 250 chipset but refused to work. And I was quite amazed by the fact that the DVD did work like a charm. All SATA and IDE HDs where probeb and seem to work fine. So there was something on the DVD that made this possible and not being copied to the hard disk.

So after investigating the contents of the DVD I found out that the only difference related to ATA drivers was the lack of AppleOnboardPCATA kext on the installation. It was present on the DVD but not copied to the computer when installed.

I simply managed to delete the nforceATA kext and copied the AppleOnboardPCATA to the Extensions folder. Reboot and BULLS EYE !

My OSX86 is up and running perfectly.

Maybe someone can fix this on the Kalyway and Leo4all distribution. Should work fine with most AMD computers.

[]s

Max

Hello,

I have a system...

CPU-Intel Q6600 / MAINBOARD-Asus P5QC / Asus EAH 3850 / LG Sata 20x DVD RW / Seagate 500gb Sata HD

I used Kalyway 1.5.2 DVD, I changed in bios HD Sata type IDE to AIH... etc (in IDE or RAID it didn't worked)

Finaly I see restart and hit it / boot HD disk01s2 Mac OS X (i gave this name in mac journal format)

but it stoped in this part.

Warning line in KALYWAY 1.5.2

MAC Framework successfuly initialized

using 1684 buffer headers and 4896 cluster IO buffer headers

Warning line on iATKOS 1.5.4

MAC Framework successfuly initialized

using 1684 buffer headers and 4896 cluster IO buffer headers

Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immadiate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

If I don't use -v it stoped on gray apple screen.

How I can do passed this?

Thank you for this DVD.

hi all,

so I am brand new to OSx86

I successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 onto another hard drive, but when I try to start it up, it keeps rebooting

I put my desktop together:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor

MSI K9N SLI V2 chipset

2g ram

the only thing that I can think of is that I selected all of the drivers for installation, but can somebody help me out here? I consulted the wiki but couldn't find anything on this issue.

Poopy!

So I got this downloaded, burned, and ready too go.

It errors out at the very end of the install no matter how I try to install. I tried the 'nilla, just normal, with and without all the driver add-ons....but I get this everytime

macinstallfail.jpg

Help...please....

Anyone?....Beuller....Beuller....

Anyone knows what is done in the install during the last 2%?

Beuller....Beuller....

Hello, I got this installed, but when I go to boot it stays at the apple logo screen forever.

When i use the boot commands

sleepkernel NVinject-512 cpu=1 -s -f -x

I get the error

"Unknown SIGSEGV code 0"

Any suggestions on what to try?

Also the installer did not see my SATA hard drive so I removed one of my DVD drives and replaced it with a hard drive. The install went perfect, but like I said I cannot boot.

My PC:

AMD Athlon x2 x64 6000+

nVidia GeForce 8500GT

abit AN-M2HD motherboard

500GB Hitachi SATA hard drive

80GB Maxtor hard drive

3GB DDR2 Corsair RAM

I realize a lot of my hardware is not on the compatibility list. I believe this is a CPU problem. But I very well could be wrong.

This same thing is happening to me. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hi, i'm new to osx86. I'm trying to install on my laptop with a 915gm graphic card but when i start to boot up the installation from cd it hangs on a blue screen and then the machine automatically switches off. any ideas please?

When I hit enter it gives me an error : "system config file '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist'

type >>PAUSE/BREAK<< soon after turn on, and before the boot startup (I pressed the pause on the screen of the BIOS, approximately 10 secounds, and than I typed ENTER

First of all,

Hi everyone and thanks Kaly for that release.

Trying to install it on my laptop (DELL D520), install seems to be fine but after reboot the famous black screen.

I try -s (single user mode) then

at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

Problem is that i answered "YES" to all the questions...and after reboot black screen is sill here...

I was supposed to say "NO" to my driver ???

I think my video card is a Intel 945GM Graphics Controller.

What am i suppose to do now?

Thanks a lot for your help