Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Hello! Excellent Post!

Burn a DVD, he carries the installation, but apparently hangs in the first screen of installation (welcome, click 'continue').

What can be?

PC:

Athlon 64 (939)

DFI NF4 Ultra-D

1GB Corsair

HD SATA Seagate

Thanx!

First off , im a noob. I have never tried installing OS X on my PC , But I have always been an enthusiest and have sat reading these forums for hours .

Second , I just want to say Thank you Kaly for making my First experience @ installing OS X an incredibly easy thing. As i sit here typing this i am learning this new enviroment and i feel giddy with excitment at doing so. Your dedication to the comunity is apreciated .

Third : to everyone who is getting the /com/apple/boot.plist : disable Jmicron in BIOS and get a SATA Dvd drive / SATA HDD. It solves everything ! Next , read the forums . There is a wealth of info here and being prepared will help you make the install go smooth.

Thanks again ! I look forward to reading more and trying new things with my new OS X install.

ok i first install calyway 10.5.2 then i install callyway 10.5.3 update combo after that i reboot

and i update from internet then reboot again and update from internet

so now i have 10.5.4 full with fix included all work and my dvd and my fron row since i have nvidia card i installed nvinstaller v5.2 reboot and my dvd and front row works fine for my hp pavilion 6543

i would like just to share my thoughts it should be help

Please, someone can tell me why the MD5 cheksum in my 2 downloaded DVD's is: d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

Edit: I was downloading another version... the good one has EFI V8 at the end of the name

:(

This installation disk is great! Thanks to Kalyway! My Acer laptop travelmate is fully functional.

What Travelmate model do you own?

Hey everyone,

I just tried to install Leopard for my 4th time with a different version, which happens to be the " Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 " And during the installation, i get this error message which says:

The installer could not validate the contents of the 'BaseSystem' package.

Any solutions ? :/

Here's my config:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x 2 , 2.7 Ghz.

Motherboard: Asus M2N-E (nforce 570)

RAM: 3 Gb.

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,

Cradle.

I tried kalyway , just wanted to let you guys know leo4allv4 and lawlessppc worked better for me ..

So AMD users go ahead and give those a try

I tried kalyway , just wanted to let you guys know leo4allv4 and lawlessppc worked better for me ..

So AMD users go ahead and give those a try

I did, everything worked fine, but whenever i wanted to watch a video on youtube or any site, my computer froze.. And i couldn't do anything but shut it down manually..

I am using a Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 disc to try and install, i've got it to boot it goes and a bunch of stuff scrolling down and then bam it goes to a screen with some writing and i notice this:

"panic (cpu 0 caller 0x004314FF0: unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\."lm@ /volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-122s/iokit/kernel/IoPlatformExpert.ccp1376"

and it'll just stay on that screen, i've already tried boot with -v, cpus=1 -v, -f options

SUCCESS!!

I just wanted to post this from my Leopard installation. This is the first Leopard DVD that works for me.

My PC specs:

Intel Core Duo QUADCore Extreme (Detected as "2.67 Ghz unknown" in about this mac).

MOBO: ASUS Striker Extreme

HDD: 6 Sata2 disks with 500GB each / 1 HHD IDE with 80Gb. (All Detected and running)

VIDEO: ASUS nVIDIA 8800 GTX 768 RAM (Works perfectly with Kalyway)

4GB RAM OCZ 800Mhz (Detected)

SoundBlaster X Fi Elite Pro (not working inside leopard, of course).

Onboard HD Sound Device that comes with MOBO. (Detected by Leopard).

diNovo Edge Keyboard / Logitech MX Revolution Mouse / Logitech G3 Laser Mouse (both mice a bit jerky in terms of pointer movement)

OnBoard LAN is NOT working for me.

LAN VIA Rhine III detected by Leopard Kalyway.

USB drives are not mounted and are not visible through Disk Utility (WHY?)

Just in case anyone wants to know I selected NVINJECT 768 during installation and NVIDIA AC97 too...

Then I had to manually add kexts with Kext Helper app that comes with Kalyway DVD, for the VIA Rhine.

NOTE: I didn't connect the IDE drive during my first try. The DVD wouldn't boot because of some missing boot device... Then I connected the drive and it worked. ??

I had to manually adjust the color correction that comes with Leopard, everything looked as if bleached or something.

TimeMachine is working too.

If anyone knows why the USB drives don't mount and are not visible (neither through Disk Utility) please tell me. I've been trying options but they all destroyed my previous Kalyway installs.

I tried just now and rebooted with the USB HDD and a FLASH drive connected while the pc was off. Then, after booting, Leopard mounted the units...

EDIT: I forgot, here's a snapshot of my Kalyway desktop.

Thanks a lot.

aptiaa

post-148573-1218859784_thumb.jpg

I`ve made two disks now both with the same problem.. I can get to the install page, parition the drive etc.. go into options and setup what I need as per the guide.. but when I click on install it waits for 10 seconds and then bombs out with an `problem reading the disc, try cleaning and try installing again` obviously it uses the dvd disk to get this far.. not sure why it can`t find the disk from install onwards??

any ideas anyone ?

Sorry guys, anyone can tell me why I get this f*ckin MD5 d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e instead of the MD5 that kaly provided in the first post e03af401cc9e0baab1401199170ddf99. I've downloaded 4 different iso's with the same result! WTF are you installing? Have you checked the MD5 before installation? Please can you check it and give me your feedback? There are only 2 probabilities:

1.- My MD5 app is corrupted (I don't think so)

2.- The iso has been modified and some kind of "gift" has been included (more probable)

I wait for your opinions. Many thanks

Edit: Holy sh*t! that red number means that the file doesn't have md5... xD If you generate it is correct! I feel so dumb... LOL

Hey!

I downloaded the kalway 10.5.2 Intel AMD.iso, burnt it on a DVD, restarted the computer and tried to boot from the DVD. It gave me a message "Press Enter to boot..." and "Press F8 for advanced options.."

When I hit enter it gives me an error : "system config file '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found"

I just dont know what to do... I downloaded iATKOS v1.0 and iATKOS v1.0r2 and neither of them worked and now this also.

If anybody could help me out I would greatly appreciate........

By the way I am mentioning my computer specs below:

Processor : AMD Turion 64Bit

RAM : 2 GB

Make/Model : HP Presario (Laptop)

in case if you require any further details..........pls do let me know............any kind of help/suggestion would be much appreciated

I am currently downloading the Leo4allv3final also....just in case.

thnx in advance

Hey!

I downloaded the kalway 10.5.2 Intel AMD.iso, burnt it on a DVD, restarted the computer and tried to boot from the DVD. It gave me a message "Press Enter to boot..." and "Press F8 for advanced options.."

When I hit enter it gives me an error : "system config file '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found"

I just dont know what to do... I downloaded iATKOS v1.0 and iATKOS v1.0r2 and neither of them worked and now this also.

in case if you require any further details..........pls do let me know............any kind of help/suggestion would be much appreciated

thnx in advance

Hey!

thnx in advance

Hey!

thnx in advance

Hey!

thnx in advance