Next iPhone to have Glossy Black Goodness?

51 posts in this topic

As the mass iPhone production fountain flowing from Apple begins to run dry, more and more rumors begin spewing out of rumor mill on the next generation of the JesusPhone. As we all know, the main rumors floating around seem to be that the next phone will be 3G capable (finally) and would also be sporting a new design. Our good buddies over at iPodObserver seem to have stumbled upon some juicy goodness in the next gen iPhone rumors. They claim that the new iPhone will be fully 3G capable as well as having a new glossy black design that covers the entire back, hiding the antenna (see the attached picture.) Also, it appears that if this picture is the real 2nd Gen iPhone, that Apple will continue to sell the 8GB model, most likely in addition to the 16GB. Now this may just be a regular iPhone that was painted by ColorWare or some other method, but we won't know for sure until Mr. Jobs himself shows the world his shiny new 2nd generation iDevice.

20080403iphoneback.png

Glossy Black Goodness?

Whoooo! you go colonel ;)

But yeah, I gues it's common sense by now. Holland doesn't have any EDGE, and won't be getting any.

And yeah, production mills running dry...

You know, I have the weird creepy feeling, that this phone might actually be a lot cheaper then iPhone 1.

Aww, and the iPhone wasn't even 12 months old. People will be angry, I know I am!!

GRRRRR!! :) I won't care as long as they don't rip us off on the software side. Besides, the brushed metal look is a lot better.

Sorry to break it to you but; I checked the ColorWare website and customized an iPhone to look exactly like that. When I did that I saw some kind of curvature in the back panel of the iPhone. Not next gen.

With colorware, you can tell that the top and bottom pieces are separate. This picture looks like the back of it is one complete whole thing, not just a paint job. Plus with colorware, they color over the print at the bottom that says "iPhone XXGB Serial #, FCC#, etc." If this was just a paint job, you wouldn't be seeing that..

With colorware, you can tell that the top and bottom pieces are separate. This picture looks like the back of it is one complete whole thing, not just a paint job. Plus with colorware, they color over the print at the bottom that says "iPhone XXGB Serial #, FCC#, etc." If this was just a paint job, you wouldn't be seeing that..

That's exactly what I was saying earlier.

well if it's a fake it's definately NOT by colorware.

Besides the fact that colorware seems to have two seperate back pieces, the size of the curves are different.

If you take careful notice of the colorware version, the sides start curving much more closer to the edge of the phone than the one in the photo.

Or there could be some lunatic who would do that themselves. Why aren't there anymore pictures then?

This probably is some chinese rip-off.. reasons:1. To mush of a break of the current design line apple is following. 2. 8gb ?

You know, I have the weird creepy feeling, that this phone might actually be a lot cheaper then iPhone 1.
Since this phone is a chinese fake I think you're right

It is a Photoshop fake according to some of the comments on Colonel's linked site.

It is a fake! I am an Photoshop pro and i can see that the display down on the right has to be on the ceiling to be visible in that part of the reflection. You can find simular flaws yourself if you look carefully.

Tridion.

It is a Photoshop fake according to some of the comments on Colonel's linked site.

That comment made no sense. The reflection is fine.

And e-rick, I love how you assume chinese rip-off. Yea, your first sentence makes sense, but don't just assume it's from the chinks.

Here ya go, I customized this with Colorware and it looks exactly like the picture:

iphoneblack.jpg

That separate colors thing on the top and bottom that Colonel is talking about is just a reflection sort of effect. The real one when they bring it to you will look just like the one in the picture.