Next iPhone to have Glossy Black Goodness?

51 posts in this topic

Here ya go, I customized this with Colorware and it looks exactly like the picture:

That separate colors thing on the top and bottom that Colonel is talking about is just a reflection sort of effect. The real one when they bring it to you will look just like the one in the picture.

Here's a picture of a real colorware'd iPhone. You can clearly see the two parts on the back side. Also, the writing on the bottom is not visible, as it is in the possible 3G iPhone photo.

IMG_4448-vi.jpg

I see, make sense, but that picture with the supposed 3G iPhone could have easily been Photoshopped (or Fireworksed :P) But you gotta admit, that colorwared pic I showed you looks so much like the one you posted minus the iPhone text.

Heres another black Colorware iPhone:

black-iphone_540x405.JPG

That one looks a lot like the one in your first post, again minus the back writing and the one in your post seems to have been thoroughly polished. There is always the possibility that it is just a custom mod or some weirdo case.

Is there even a dock connector on the bottom?

It doesn't look like there is. And if you look really close, there are two separate parts but they aren't defined as Colorware's.

I don't think it's either apple or colorware.

It doesn't look like there is. And if you look really close, there are two separate parts but they aren't defined as Colorware's.

I also saw the dock connector thing. Who knows?!

Also, now they have "Metallic" paint which is very glossy. Maybe this is ColorWare v2

I also saw the dock connector thing. Who knows?!

Also, now they have "Metallic" paint which is very glossy. Maybe this is ColorWare v2

Maybe we're getting worked up over nothing, I bet it is colorware or some other iphone case company maybe.

It does look cool I must say :D

And people need to remember that all iPhone's with black backs aren't colorware, there's a kite you can buy to manually put a black cover on the back of your iPhone.

There's not two separate parts. I've looked at it for long enough. It's all one piece.

As for whether it's colorware or not, I'm still saying it's not. The way they paint covers the writing, I emailed and asked. The only way I could see this being fake is if someone took a picture of their iPhone before the paint, colorwared it with the gloss paint (even then it wouldn't have the curve though, or at least not as much of it), took a picture of it in the exact location, blurred the separate parts and merged the two together to get the info on there. Seems like far too much work though. I'm still going with 3G. Maybe they'll have three options, an 8, a 16 and a 32GB.

It could be a custom back panel. Anyone with access to a 3D prototyping printer could make a new back plate and then get the new infos engraved on the back. But this looks too good to be that. If it is, someone took a lot of time making their iphone look sexy(er).

There's not two separate parts. I've looked at it for long enough. It's all one piece.

As for whether it's colorware or not, I'm still saying it's not. The way they paint covers the writing, I emailed and asked. The only way I could see this being fake is if someone took a picture of their iPhone before the paint, colorwared it with the gloss paint (even then it wouldn't have the curve though, or at least not as much of it), took a picture of it in the exact location, blurred the separate parts and merged the two together to get the info on there. Seems like far too much work though. I'm still going with 3G. Maybe they'll have three options, an 8, a 16 and a 32GB.

That's the reason I think it look shopped. If you look at the far right you see two seperate peices, but if you follow the crack it dissappears. I don't think I'm seeing things :)

That's the reason I think it look shopped. If you look at the far right you see two seperate peices, but if you follow the crack it dissappears. I don't think I'm seeing things -_-

I definitely think you're seeing things. It's not there.

Not sure how they will do it, but doesn't Apple have to file with the FCC? If so, it will be in FCC news at least a month before release, so I wouldn't expect to wake up one A.M. and just see it there.

Thoughts?

No one else sees this? :wub:

Look at the far right corner at the bottom.

20080403iphoneback.pngiphone.jpg

Look where the boxes are on the right and then look at the left. If you look on the right side bottom, there's nothing. But when you look on the left, you see something.

It could be a shadow, but I'm not sure.

If you also look at the camera lens, the whole back side looks more "round" to me? It looks like it could be a littler bigger than the current iPhone.

As the mass iPhone production fountain flowing from Apple begins to run dry, more and more rumors begin spewing out of rumor mill on the next generation of the JesusPhone. As we all know, the main rumors floating around seem to be that the next phone will be 3G capable (finally) and would also be sporting a new design. Our good buddies over at iPodObserver seem to have stumbled upon some juicy goodness in the next gen iPhone rumors. They claim that the new iPhone will be fully 3G capable as well as having a new glossy black design that covers the entire back, hiding the antenna (see the attached picture.) Also, it appears that if this picture is the real 2nd Gen iPhone, that Apple will continue to sell the 8GB model, most likely in addition to the 16GB. Now this may just be a regular iPhone that was painted by ColorWare or some other method, but we won't know for sure until Mr. Jobs himself shows the world his shiny new 2nd generation iDevice.

20080403iphoneback.png

I can only say one thing...

That is shiny! But I still don't want one thanks to the locked down OS

(but the pic is probably not real, so...)

No one else sees this? :blink:

Look where the boxes are on the right and then look at the left. If you look on the right side bottom, there's nothing. But when you look on the left, you see something.

If you also look at the camera lens, the whole back side looks more "round" to me? It looks like it could be a littler bigger than the current iPhone.

Uh guy, that's a shadow.

hehehe, i have got 2 of them to sell, who wants one ? :)

...just joking

no idea why people buy those, iPhone is a piece of {censored}, no 3G no HD card slot, no hsdpa nor hsupa, crappy camera in SEw800i is much better, no software, no gps module. and quite havy.

i wouldn't buy it for even 200$ maybe for 100$ as a toy for my child (if I would have children of course)

not worth the price, as well as plastic macbooks :(

the only laptops apple have made wit really good quality are:

PowerBook G3 Pismo, and PowerBook G4 12" and that's all. i own te first one and two of the 12" g4, i have got the macbook pro 2.2 as well but the quality corresponding to the g4 12" is very very poor.

iPhone is a misunderstanding of the multimedial pda phone. i have had one 8gb for a momment and i will not buy another i'll stick with Sony Ericsson :(

P.S. a friend of mine works for ATMEL in Edinburg, Scotland. that company as he said is designing a new lcd display for iPhone, as fast as i will get some info about that i will post in a newsroom

No one else sees this? :D

This is a clolor ware phone with a photoshop job. This is the proof they messed up on the seem that they were blending.

While I can't say anything about the picture posted, I can personally vouch that the new iPhones will have the glossy black one-piece backs. I work for the TSA in San Jose International Airport (Cupertino isn't too far away) and today, while on X-Ray, I noticed a locked box with 3 iPhones that looked a little different, along with a crapload of wires. So I had someone tap me out so I could take the bag check.

The guy told me that he needed a private screening since his NDA doesn't allow for the product to be seen by the general public. After opening the box, low and behold, glossy black goodness! He said that he's an iPhone tech and they were just "test iPhones." I was gonna take pics with my iPhone but the guy looked like he was gonna cry out of fear for losing his job if the NDA was broken.

no idea why people buy those, iPhone is a piece of {censored}, no 3G no HD card slot, no hsdpa nor hsupa, crappy camera in SEw800i is much better, no software, no gps module. and quite havy.

They are going to have a gps module in the new one. And no 3G at the moment, which will be why they're adding it to the new one perhaps? And no software you say? erm... what? I have a sony ericsson w880i, and it is nothing compared to the iphone, even with 3g and an sd card slot. the build quality is total rubbish with paint scraping off the keys after a month and the screen has filled up with dust so i can't see it in sunlight or at all with any sunglasses on even with the backlight at full.

Sony ericssons are a lot better than most phones out there, but for quality, they can't touch the iphone.

If you look at the picture closely it actually appears thinner than the current iPhone, plus that paintwork and the info on the back is too good quality not to be a serious attempt at a new model. Plus i wouldn't like to have a go at photoshopping the reflection of whats on that macbook pro's screen onto the top curve of the phone.

And even if it was a fake, why the hell would they go to the effort of making a fake macbook pro as well to display it on, thats just too much effort, the point of the photo being taken on top of a macbook pro is to prove its real, a phoney would be taken with a plain background so there's as little reflection as possible to have to photoshop onto it.

It looks damned nice, thanks for the pic colonel.