Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

hi eddie11c!

..thanks 4 this wonderful release

kindly help me and some other fellows who are having problems "not seeing the partition/hardisk to install"

...i partitioned 20gb (from 320gb insternal hd) and named it Mac OS X Leopard and when i'm on the disk utility setup, nothing shows....

...Hoping 4 a solution to this problem

..thanks in advance!

hi eddie11c!

..thanks 4 this wonderful release

kindly help me and some other fellows who are having problems "not seeing the partition/hardisk to install"

...i partitioned 20gb (from 320gb insternal hd) and named it Mac OS X Leopard and when i'm on the disk utility setup, nothing shows....

...Hoping 4 a solution to this problem

..thanks in advance!

There are lots of reasons this could happen. Some related to AHCI mode/Native mode in BIOS. Others could be how the drive is strapped. Lastly it could just be lack of driver support for your SATA/IDE chipset. Without getting alot more details nobody will be able to help you.

There are lots of reasons this could happen. Some related to AHCI mode/Native mode in BIOS. Others could be how the drive is strapped. Lastly it could just be lack of driver support for your SATA/IDE chipset. Without getting alot more details nobody will be able to help you.

Eddie, Any Thoughts?

Does anybody know of a Leopard release that supports AMD and doesnt use the AppleNforceATA.kext??? I can install iATKOS 1.0 on my machine but when I try to boot I get a Sigsegv device 0 error. When I try other Leopard releases like Leo4ALL or Leopard 10.5.1 AMD I cant get either one to install becasue they all give me the "Sam Multimedia Read Write Error" right after it trys to run the AppleNforceATA.kext. Is ther a way I can stop the DVD from using this Kext and force it to use the AppleATA Kext??

My Machine

MB: Asus A8n-Sli Premium Nforce 4

CPU: AMD 4200+ Dual Core

Video: GeForce 7300GT

IDE 60 gig HD and IDE DVD HP 840

Hey buddy. eddie11c, would you like to race? Whose .iso gets uploaded first? lol, See you on the moon. =) --WinLinMac01

Just to let everyone know, I am uploading the .iso as a whole, because archiving can take up to one hour. Hope nobody minds this. Just verify your MD5 checksum one more time before you burn.

Whoo-aah, burned and installed without a flaw. Great work eddie! Time to initiate upload sequence in 10 minutes. Please be patient. =)

Just finished the revised notes for the ISO. Making the archives for it now then will post it up. ARRR!!

Eddie, Any Thoughts?

Does anybody know of a Leopard release that supports AMD and doesnt use the AppleNforceATA.kext??? I can install iATKOS 1.0 on my machine but when I try to boot I get a Sigsegv device 0 error. When I try other Leopard releases like Leo4ALL or Leopard 10.5.1 AMD I cant get either one to install becasue they all give me the "Sam Multimedia Read Write Error" right after it trys to run the AppleNforceATA.kext. Is ther a way I can stop the DVD from using this Kext and force it to use the AppleATA Kext??

My Machine

MB: Asus A8n-Sli Premium Nforce 4

CPU: AMD 4200+ Dual Core

Video: GeForce 7300GT

IDE 60 gig HD and IDE DVD HP 840

I am sorry this happens for you, I have an Nforce A8N non SLI motherboard and this works perfect on. But I had to remove the Device ID's from the VIAATA kext or it would not work for me. There is no easy fix, but post your specific Device ID's and maybe I can try to figure out a workaround for you.

double checked the MD5- 6d4e68afb3486baec03b446fb0a5d711

perfect, time to upload! cheers eddie. =)

I have tried many times to isolate this problem. I believe it is EFI related, but not too sure how to fix it. The problem I believe lies with EFI version 8. Unfortunately this is required for my release, so am unable to do anything about it. I still plan on doing more testing though, if I come up with a working solution I will definately let everyone know.

The PPF is large because I changed alot of stuff.

EnchantedPlague the SB200 is not widely supported, but if you post the Device ID's I can make sure they are included, but there are still no guarantees it will work. And just to verify, under disk utility no drives show up? Do you have AHCI or Native mode in your BIOS?

Also could you please post back if you applied that patch and it is working for you. It worked for me, but patches like this can be problematic. That is the reason I will post a full ISO a bit later.

hi,

as far as i know my pc runs in native mode. checked all bios settings (incl. hidden ones) but no success.

just wondering which boot routine toh-rc2 or iatkos uses??? strange...

i think that there are a lot of people having a p4 and would like to run your nearly perfect release

after applying your ppf2 dvd still boot up but after a few seconds... reboot.... :-(

there must be a solution!

keep hanging on eddie

sniper

..thanks for the quick reply eddie11c

here are my specs:

Laptop Model : Sony Vaio VGN AR-750E

CPU Type: Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 T8100, 2083 MHZ

Motherboard Name - Sony Corporation VGNAR-750E

Motherboard Chipset - Intel Crestline-PM PM965

System Memory - 3072MB

Bios Type - Phoenix (12/26/07)

Video Adapter - NVidia GeForce 8600M GT GPU with 512MB of VRAM

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC262 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller

Audio Adapter - SigmaTel CXD9872AKD @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller

IDE Controller - Intel® ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850

IDE Controller - Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller

Storage Controller - Intel® 82801HEM SATA RAID Controller

Storage Controller - Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

Optical Drive - MAT{censored}A BD-CMB UJ-120 ATA Device

...if there's anything else i missed, please let me know...

...i'm really desperate to have this one work..

..thanks in advance!

Hey, thanks for this! First time Leopard has worked on my PC. Had Tiger running flawlessly, until I got an 8600GT and switched to Vista for DX10, but now that Leopard has the gfx drivers I switched back. Working okay so far, it's running a bit slow but I'll figure out a fix. Cheers!

Hey Eddie,

What are the specs of your Intel system? Mobo, cpu, memory, graphics, drives?

E8400 Core2Duo

Gigabyte DS3L motherboard

3x 250 SATA hard drives(2 Maxtors, 1 Hitachi)

8800 GTS 512MB

For me everything works out of the box so to speak. However I have a 7800 GTX in my AMD that only works with specially modified drives and an older version of NVinject or EFI-GFX string. Everything else on the AMD works out of the box too.

I really wish the network would stay working without dying every 5 minutes.

This build has been amazing for me except for my network issues.

Ya network is a pain, alot of the hacked drivers are ports from Tiger and don't work 100%. If you are on an Nforce board there are lots of different kext's to try, maybe one will work better for you.

I can get my graphics to work for the life of me. Im loosing my mind!!!

I must've installed the OS 4 different times and tried about 5 different drivers and they all dont give me the correct native resolution for my card. When looking at the info.plist in the NVinject.kext file, they all seem to shoe the correct NVCAP, NVPM and VRAM.

What am I doing wrong? Also, how do I take screenshots in Mac so I can post pics?

BTW - Im using Leo4All v2

Hello, i got a problem with my Radeon 2900, if i select the 2900 kextes from customize while installing, i kernel panic with the NV kextes after reboot

(do i ever need those?) After manually rm -rf ing those from Extensions dir, my Radeon starts into GUI, and it actually works, but i see only garbage,

tried to switch the dvi's. Nothing, also reinstalled with some "new" kextes from network, didnt helped. I get either no Quartz Acceleration, or my Image

is completly screwed: color dots on black background, can see movement when move mouse around, eject button responds, so generally the sys is working,

but the gfx are renedered wrong

Does anyone runned into that Problem? Cause i want to start using my pretty machine, but without accelerated graphics, this definitly sucks :wacko:

My config:

Mobo: P5N-E SLI (nForce 650i)

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6300

Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 2900 Pro

Sound: Works out of the box with AC883 Codec

Network: on-Board nForce Ethernet - kext forcedeth loaded, no logs, no error, nothing

Wifi: Zydas 2115 USB Key - working fine with the 4.5.7 driver i found on www.macwireless.net

had to put it in the rear usb ports, for some reason it has problems

when connected in front panel

I can get my graphics to work for the life of me. Im loosing my mind!!!

I must've installed the OS 4 different times and tried about 5 different drivers and they all dont give me the correct native resolution for my card. When looking at the info.plist in the NVinject.kext file, they all seem to shoe the correct NVCAP, NVPM and VRAM.

What am I doing wrong? Also, how do I take screenshots in Mac so I can post pics?

BTW - Im using Leo4All v2

Try doing an EFI-GFX string. Maybe you will have better luck. Another option is just trying differnt NVinjects. Once your Device ID is in the Nvidia kexts its just a matter of Leopard enabling it properly via NVinject or GFX string. There are some good tutorials out there to follow so I won't write one here.

Hello, i got a problem with my Radeon 2900, if i select the 2900 kextes from customize while installing, i kernel panic with the NV kextes after reboot

(do i ever need those?) After manually rm -rf ing those from Extensions dir, my Radeon starts into GUI, and it actually works, but i see only garbage,

tried to switch the dvi's. Nothing, also reinstalled with some "new" kextes from network, didnt helped. I get either no Quartz Acceleration, or my Image

is completly screwed: color dots on black background, can see movement when move mouse around, eject button responds, so generally the sys is working,

but the gfx are renedered wrong

Does anyone runned into that Problem? Cause i want to start using my pretty machine, but without accelerated graphics, this definitly sucks :)

My config:

Mobo: P5N-E SLI (nForce 650i)

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6300

Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 2900 Pro

Sound: Works out of the box with AC883 Codec

Network: on-Board nForce Ethernet - kext forcedeth loaded, no logs, no error, nothing

Wifi: Zydas 2115 USB Key - working fine with the 4.5.7 driver i found on www.macwireless.net

had to put it in the rear usb ports, for some reason it has problems

when connected in front panel

Not sure on that card, I did not compile them. I just found them on the net with some reports of success so included them. I would suggest looking in the driver forum. I am sure there are plenty of posts about it.

Hi Eddie,

I just installed your second release and everything works great.

But I have a question about the gma950 support.

I selected gma950 in the installer and a some point within the installation the resolution was switched to a higher resolution - probably 1280 to 1024 which is my screen resolution. I was thrilled!

After starting for the first time I had QE/CI. I could see the welcome movie but when OSX finally started up I was stuck again with 1024*768 and according to "Preferences" I can not switch resolutions.

Did I miss something?

I have an Intel D945GCPR Board.

Thanks for the great release.

Hi Eddie,

Need some help here. When I try booting the dvd from my dvd drive inside my laptop it wont run, it says waiting for root device. I have problems with my dvd drive so i decided to try boot it from an external usb dvd drive (LG Super Multi DVD writer). This time it boots up into the install menu. However, when I go to install the operating system, no hard drives show up in the selection to choose where to install it too. Also, in the partition editor, the hard drive doesnt show up either. Here are my laptop specs:

Motherboard

CPU Type Mobile Intel Celeron M, 1466 MHz

Motherboard Name Acer TravelMate 2450

Motherboard Chipset Unknown

System Memory 1280 MB

BIOS Type Phoenix (05/09/06)

Display

Video Adapter RADEON XPRESS 200M Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

Video Adapter RADEON XPRESS 200M Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

Multimedia

Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller [NoDB]

Storage

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

SCSI/RAID Controller MagicISO SCSI Host Controller

SCSI/RAID Controller Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

Disk Drive HTS541060G9AT00 ATA Device (60 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

Optical Drive MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000

Optical Drive PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K16RS ATA Device

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Eddie,

I just installed your second release and everything works great.

But I have a question about the gma950 support.

I selected gma950 in the installer and a some point within the installation the resolution was switched to a higher resolution - probably 1280 to 1024 which is my screen resolution. I was thrilled!

After starting for the first time I had QE/CI. I could see the welcome movie but when OSX finally started up I was stuck again with 1024*768 and according to "Preferences" I can not switch resolutions.

Did I miss something?

I have an Intel D945GCPR Board.

Thanks for the great release.

I am not sure what your problem is, make sure natit is loaded properly. perhaps it had a permissions issue and was not fully loaded. Just repair all the permissions. Alternately if you go on the DVD and open the package GMA950 with pacifist. You can extract the files to your desktop or somewhere and use kexthelper to reinstall them. Just remember to boot with -f afterwards to force the cache to reload.

have to dl the patch and then retry once again.. fck this ati card pisses me of... but im quite sure that i got it running once, cant remember which os release it was tho :/I bought a Asus p5gc-mx/1333 board, the cheapest option, and it's almost working out of the boxLan is no go, cause asus couldnt take realtek, and they put some piece of {censored} called attsanic l2 which was bought by athereos.whatever, i had a 3 years break in programming drivers on freebsd, so im gonna work on this driver for os x, gonna give some report by the end of the week, xcode already grabbed :> i hope im not that rusty and get a grisp on darwin fast.anyone got some info/experience on porting freebsd or general bsd drivers to darwin?still cant bring that damn radeon on nforce to run :)

I am sorry this happens for you, I have an Nforce A8N non SLI motherboard and this works perfect on. But I had to remove the Device ID's from the VIAATA kext or it would not work for me. There is no easy fix, but post your specific Device ID's and maybe I can try to figure out a workaround for you.

Here you go, any help is appreciated with a donation!

NVida nForce4 SATA Controller:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_F3

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055&SUBSYS_815A1043

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055&CC_010185

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055&CC_0101

Standard Dual Channel IDE Controller:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_F2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053&SUBSYS_815A1043

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053&CC_01018A

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053&CC_0101

ATA Channel 0:

10de-0053