Testers needed for a new JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3 release !

JaS

322 posts in this topic

I was away for a few weeks after this beta was release.I needed to take care of some rl stuff. So now that I am back and see that the beta is posted up on the common trackers.I would have to say the closed portion of this beta test is over.

MD5: e975eb605da0335470c5e52c79c3dbf8

So you´re saying theres a new beta for download? Or thats the MD5 for the old one? That didn´t work for me ;)

Issue with P35-DS3R

md5 OK

Installation hang after Ethernet recognition.

I would suspect one issue with ICH9R Chipset

(I've tried Iatkos, Kalyway , Leo4all releases, install with retail DVD and all are flawless on this motherboard)

GA-P35-DS3R rev 2.0 / OS X Leopard 10.5.2 (retail DVD)(EFI v8.0)(9.2.0 Speedstep kernel) / Core2Duo E 6750 / 4 x 1 Gb DDR2 800MHz / GeFORCE 8600 GT 256 Mo (GFX EFI String) /

I was away for a few weeks after this beta was release.I needed to take care of some rl stuff. So now that I am back and see that the beta is posted up on the common trackers.I would have to say the closed portion of this beta test is over.

sheesh, you mean someone you gave the iso to posted a torrent of it to a public tracker without your knowledge/permission?

i wouldn't blame you if you bailed on the whole project, but i sure hope you don't. i am posting this from a new install off the DVD of the same MD5 you just posted. my hardware is in my sig [desktop], and this rig is built on an asus P5B deluxe board. i did 6 installs with various options checked / unchecked, looking for the right combination. This install was to a SATA disk, partitioned as GUID.

btw, i have read various people having problems with the most current BIOS on this mobo, but i did this (and my previous kalyway 10.5.1 install) on this board with the latest, 1226 BIOS firmware.

here are my results:

[options i checked are listed, those unlisted were unchecked]

(1)

Essential System Software

JaS OsX86

-JaS.10.5.2.Intel.SSE2.SSE3

-Leopard Graphics Update

-Patched Drivers

--AppleACPIPlatform

--AppleHDA

--AppleSMBIOS

--NVinject

--dsmos

-Plugins

-Device Indentification

--Intel ICH8 and ICH9 Controller

--JMicron Controller

-Kernel

-PCI EFI GUID

-Post Install Optimaization

result: 99% of install finished and then i got a window saying that an unknown error occurred and OS X could not be installed.

(2)

JaS OsX86

-Leopard Graphics Update

-Patched Drivers

--NVinject

-Plugins

-Device Indentification

-Kernel

-PCI EFI GUID

result: install completed successfully. NVinject driving nvidia EN7300GT perfectly, my EDI disk didn't show up (no jmicron), and about this mac showed incorrect numbers for my CPU, orange icons for internal sata disks. no internal ethernet

(3)

JaS OsX86

-Leopard Graphics Update

-Patched Drivers

--AppleHDA

--NVinject

-Plugins

-Device Indentification

--Generic SATA Drive Icon Fix

--JMicron Controller

-Kernel

-PCI EFI GUID

result: 99% of install finished and then i got a window saying that an unknown error occurred and OS X could not be installed. {i'm thinking HDA is the problem} so...

(4)

JaS OsX86

-Leopard Graphics Update

-Patched Drivers

--NVinject

-Plugins

-Device Indentification

--JMicron Controller

-Kernel

-PCI EFI GUID

result: install completed successfully. NVinject driving nvidia EN7300GT perfectly, EDI disk shows up, and about this mac showed incorrect numbers for my CPU, normal-looking icons for internal sata disks, no internal ethernet

(5)

JaS OsX86

-Leopard Graphics Update

-Patched Drivers

--AppleSMBIOS

--NVinject

-Plugins

-Device Indentification

--JMicron Controller

-PCI EFI GUID

result: install completed successfully. NVinject driving nvidia EN7300GT perfectly, EDI disk shows up, about this mac showed correct numbers for my CPU, normal-looking icons for internal sata disks, i thought this would install a vanilla kernel, but it seems like it installed an earlier TOH kernel which didn't seem to shutdown/restart as well, no internal ethernet

(6)

JaS OsX86

-Leopard Graphics Update

-Patched Drivers

--AppleSMBIOS

--IONetworkingFamily

--NVinject

-Plugins

-Device Indentification

--JMicron Controller

-Kernel

-PCI EFI GUID

-Post Install Optimaization

result: install completed successfully. NVinject driving nvidia EN7300GT perfectly, EDI disk shows up, about this mac showed correct numbers for my CPU, normal-looking icons for internal sata disks, internal ethernet working (at least port 1 is, i didn't try port 2). and this is what i am posting from now and what i am using full-time as of this install.

i have migrated my "selfhood" from my old install (migration assistant did NOT get everything from the old disk, so if you use it, make sure you compare old and new disks afterwards) and tested all of my critical stuff and everything is working smooth. performance-wise, something in this install is giving me a nice speed bump - everything is just faster.

in order to get sound, i had to copy over an old AppleAzaliaAudio.kext from my last install.

thanks JaS for your excellent work.

woot :shock:

just noticed one minor thing -- it appears that the new Alex speech voice did not get installed. maybe it was deleted from the install to save space since it is something like 600 MB. but Alex is a huge improvement over previous voices and i think it is worth including in the install if you can fit it in.

i copied him over from my old install [voices live in /System/Library/Speech/Voices] and all i had to do was copy over the folder called "Alex.SpeechVoice".

help...

I am completely brand new to apple and osX and of course osX86.

I have downloaded and created the iso dvd as instructed.

I have a raw partition of 55 Gb awaiting.

I try to boot from dvd and it starts i see darwine screen tells me to enter or -v or ? i tried to boot and i get a no signal message from my monitor and then windows starts. i tried the -x option and same thing.

here are some of my system specs.

i ran the cpuid program

instructions: mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, ssse3, em64t

video

nvidia geForce 7100

3 Gb ram

if there is anything else you could tell me to do to get this up and running would be greatly appreciated

help...

I am completely brand new to apple and osX and of course osX86.

I have downloaded and created the iso dvd as instructed.

I have a raw partition of 55 Gb awaiting.

I try to boot from dvd and it starts i see darwine screen tells me to enter or -v or ? i tried to boot and i get a no signal message from my monitor and then windows starts. i tried the -x option and same thing.

here are some of my system specs.

i ran the cpuid program

instructions: mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, ssse3, em64t

video

nvidia geForce 7100

3 Gb ram

if there is anything else you could tell me to do to get this up and running would be greatly appreciated

Hey Sauce did you ever got to the option to boot from dvd or enter F8?? If so, to had command line to Boot, you had it after F8 (Boot Options) selected. Otherway if you do not see none of the above, you´re experience Boot problems like i have. Can not start DvD install at all-

i was able to start the boot process i think.... i can see the screen reads darwine osx86 then i get a boot prompt where i can input options or it says do nothing to boot normally.... something like that. i do not have the pc in front of me.. but i will try it again this evening and see if i can more accurately describe what is going on

yes i get the option to boot or press f8 for options. then i get the command prompt that says press enter to start up darwin x 86 with no options or you can type -v and press enter to start up with diagnostic messages... type ? and press enter to learn about advanced start up options.

once i press enter

i get

loading darwin x86

efi enhanced boot loader then the pc restarts

May i ask if my spec below comply for a JaS 10.5.2 installation?

C2D 6550 2.33

Gigabyte P35-DS3P (Firmware F7) Revision 2.0 i think.

2GB PC8500

512MB 9600GT DDR3

SB Live Value

Thanks. Currently downloading at 73% going strong at 100kB +-

Is this AMD compatible?

My NIC: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller

I use Kalyway_10.5.2.DVD.Intel.Amd.PC7.BY.TALA

My network cannot work. Please anyone helps me by give me a link to download driver and tell me how to install the driver.

Thank you!

My NIC: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller

I use Kalyway_10.5.2.DVD.Intel.Amd.PC7.BY.TALA

My network cannot work. Please anyone helps me by give me a link to download driver and tell me how to install the driver.

Thank you!

Do a search, and don´t think this is the right place to ask that, since this is a place to talk JaS...

I don't think this will matter for most users, but I thought I should add my feedback since this is still being beta tested.

This release did not work on my hardware... it reboots immediately after booting Darwin (similar to just about every other Leo release). Too bad!

Intel P4 Northwood 2.8ghz (SSE2)

Intel 865PE motherboard

I downloaded the ISO and tried to do installation, everything came up fine. It was able to boot into the 1st Apple Screen with white background and the apple with a circle pulsating under it. Can help with this issue? It says i have to restart to proceed, but everytime after restart it's the same.

I've attached the photo for more details.

post-150370-1209095338_thumb.jpg

post-150370-1209095401_thumb.jpg

I downloaded the ISO and tried to do installation, everything came up fine. It was able to boot into the 1st Apple Screen with white background and the apple with a circle pulsating under it. Can help with this issue? It says i have to restart to proceed, but everytime after restart it's the same.

I've attached the photo for more details.

You can post detailed PC configuration and what JaS version that ruinning to try help you?

I don't think this will matter for most users, but I thought I should add my feedback since this is still being beta tested.

This release did not work on my hardware... it reboots immediately after booting Darwin (similar to just about every other Leo release). Too bad!

Intel P4 Northwood 2.8ghz (SSE2)

Intel 865PE motherboard

Unfortunately all last Leo hackintosh releases cause a constant reboot on SSE2 ONLY processores in the beginning of installation.

I have the same problem with Jas than with iatkos and kalway. I can install it perfectly, but in the first boot It hangs before loading the desktop or login screen (just a blue screen). The only release that worked for me so far is Leo4all, but it lacks driver support for my computer. In fact Leopard does not really hang, because with iatkos I got sound support and I can vary it using my laptop controls and I get display and sound feedback.

I'm using a centrino laptop, C2D T7250 2Ghz, Intel x3100, Intel wifi abg3945... It's just an average intel laptop, hardware cannot be so different compared with a macbook. And I've tried like 15 different installs, I'm sure I'm not messing with install options.

Jas, I love to say this. Your ISOs are the ONLY ones that work on my computer. I loved your 10.4.8 it made me almost cry when i couldnt get AirPort to work so i switched back to Windows. Mac OS X makes windows boring.

Thanks JaS for a wonderful Hackintosh OSx86 experience.