iAtkos 1.0ir2 - endless welcome screen cycle

Kalyway 10.5.1 - something wrong I can't recall

Kalyway 10.4.10 - " "

JaS 10.4.8 - My first stable, usable OSX

Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3

10.4.3 build 8F1111A. was this JaS? - my first taste of OSx86

Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i v3

osx.jpg

JaS 10.4.6 - Actually worked on my crappiest all-onboard PC.

JaS 10.4.8 - Not fully working on the previous configuration, but seemed like a solid release to me.

uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 - A life-changing experience, worked flawlessly after I nailed the correct install options. See picture and the rig.

mac.nub 10.4.10 v1.5 - Never got it to boot after installation.

XxX 104.10 - Another hit. Actually built a rig from scratch for this release. See picture. Works flawlessly to this day.

XxX 10.4.11 - Replaced my installation of uphuck 10.4.9 on the same previous configuration. I'm typing this on it. See picture. XxX is my new preferred distribution of OSx86 Tiger. Can't wait for XxX 10.5.x !!

iATKOS 1.0i - Didn't tried it yet.

Kalyway 10.5.1 - Didn't tried it yet.

Kalyway 10.5.2 - Just dowloaded. I hope to find a spare disk to try it.

PS: Thanks to all the OSx86 hackers out there who made all this possible! My respect to all of them!

I have both an Intel/AMD system. However, for the OSx86 community, since I noticed that AMD was more vulnerable to frequent crashes and fixes that needed some sorting out, I decided to take the risk and install the releases below just to experiment and work things out on my own. Below are the releases I had a chance to experience with:

Intel:

BrazailMac-- Made the DVD and followed procedures, but never had a chance to install on my Intel machine, since I was very busy back in the days.

AMD:

Zephyroth 10.5.1 Revision 1-- When I read about this release, I quickly ran over to TBP and downloaded a copy, and worked great! However, QE/CI was not enabled.

Zephyroth 10.5.2 Revision 1-- I was so eager for this release, but after trying it, I experienced reboot/shutdown problems. QE/CI was finally enabled.

Zephyroth 10.5.2 Revision 2-- This release was perfect for my system build! Everything worked out of the box and updates worked beautifully.

Eddie11c Leo4Allv1 10.5.2[intel/AMD]-- Eddie11c has come a long way from rough times to perfection. I was one of the original betas of the release (and still am), and QE/CI was never enabled. I also experienced several kernel panics after each install.

Eddie11c Leo4allv2 [intel/AMD]-- This was the release I was hoping for. Everything worked out of the box as I would have expected since the last version went through many traumas and fixes.

Kalway Intel/AMD 10.5.2v1-- Kalway's release was the first I tried of his. Installation was a bit choppy for me and his released never worked for me thus far. I loaded the appropriate kexts into the extension folder before burning the release, but never suited my satisfaction. It looked like he modified some of the retail contents of Apple's OS X as well.

Eddoe11c Leo4Allv3 [intel/AMD]-- I have to say this was one of the best releases I ever had thus far. I downloaded this release about a night ago, installed this morning, and wow, everything works smoothly!

Thanks to all of these fine developers, they will surely become the future Bill Gates! =) - Cheers!

I starded with deadmoo image of 10.4.6 (I think) back in summer '05. That was fun to install and make it actualy work! ;) I wish some more people have an idea of how we did it back then and so can see more clearly the long run that bunch of users here made :)

Then later on I was shocked by JaS's 10.4.6 and I became completely insane about Mac. After all Tiger came preinstalled on my new laptop one year ago.... ;)

btw I'm not sure if here's the place and the moment to express my feelings, but since the very first time I saw Mac OS I became so obsessed by the idea of abandoning M$ Windows that for almost a year now I'm running a small blog and a forum that sort of represent the insanelymac.com idea, but in our language, so more enthusiasts in Bulgaria who think different can make the switch. So, we all thank you guys for writing here the OSx86 bible! :)

10.4.1 deadmoo, the start of something good

10.4.3 I don't recall a name, ran this for months

10.4.6 Myzar, great distro, just had to fiddle the gfx ids

10.4.9 1.3 Uphuck, Ran that for a year on two machines, still do, so nice

10.5.2 Kalyway, running good.

It is strange. My orignal hackintosh (D915GAG, P4 630, x1900xtx) has loaded easier than my "planned" hackintosh (D945GCL, E6600, X1800XT) ever since Uphuck. Still using some of the 10.4.3 kext.

Great collections everyone :lol:

Only one I'm missing is the dev. kit 10.4.2 .. as time goes by it gets less important, but I'd still like to get hold of it at some point to "complete" the collection.

You mean to say you have every single OSx86 DVD/Revision ever made except for that one? :D

• 1 month later...

And not one of you people lists Test3 or Release1, eh? Those being the first generic installer DVDs that actually worked back in August/September of 2005? I'm disappointed, truly... :P Yes, deadmoo gets most of the early "press" even nowadays, but that wasn't an installable DVD, just the VMWare image that was created from the Developer Kit release, and he deserves much credit also for being right there at the very beginning.

Bleh.

But it's nice to see where bender12's coding magic (his being the first DVD that actually worked, mind you) and my "marketing" and distribution skills (yes, I can talk the talk and walk the walk) has led the community over the past few years. I'm really surprised no one mentions those releases anymore (Test3 was the first beta, Release1 was the real deal), but it's understandable because of so many different releases.

As long as history remembers bender12 and I did it first I'm happy. :D Shame on all of you just the same... hehe

And not one of you people lists Test3 or Release1, eh? Those being the first generic installer DVDs that actually worked back in August/September of 2005? I'm disappointed, truly... :unsure: Yes, deadmoo gets most of the early "press" even nowadays, but that wasn't an installable DVD, just the VMWare image that was created from the Developer Kit release, and he deserves much credit also for being right there at the very beginning.

Bleh.

But it's nice to see where bender12's coding magic (his being the first DVD that actually worked, mind you) and my "marketing" and distribution skills (yes, I can talk the talk and walk the walk) has led the community over the past few years. I'm really surprised no one mentions those releases anymore (Test3 was the first beta, Release1 was the real deal), but it's understandable because of so many different releases.

As long as history remembers bender12 and I did it first I'm happy. :D Shame on all of you just the same... hehe

<3 you and bender. It was back then. Nice marketing and it was the first complete public dvd that is available for the users to install. ah , good ol times

I picked up two Celeron 430/ECS mobo combos from Fry's over the weekend, 2GB of DDR2 667 for mine and 1GB of DDR2 533 for the Wife's "new" Hackintosh. She's been wanting to run OSX again since we owned iMacs in late 2006 but got rid of 'em for "technical difficulties" - meaning they were freakin' (since when did this place start censorship?) defective. At this moment, she's having a blast with Kalyway 10.5.2 which is damned nice for what it is. Clean install, vanilla kernel, no audio needed (the Wife is deaf), and everything - and I mean everything - works (the onboard audio is Azalia and just disabled in the BIOS but it does work).

She's happy, I'm happy, and she knows full well what part I played in the development of OSx86 from where it started to where it sits right now on her Hackintosh. :unsure:

The good old days... yeah, I kinda miss 'em myself. Thinking about a dual boot right now with XP x64 and Leopard but, really, I still can't stand OSX, never really will like it. :D

JaS 10.4.8 - 1st DVD, worked great

Kalyway 10.4.10 - Didn't work (used JaS 10.4.8 and 10.4.10 updater)

Leo4All v2/v3 10.5.2 - Worked great

iATKOS v2.0i 10.5.2 - Currently installed (and updated to 10.5.3)

• 3 weeks later...

JaS 10.4.5 (broken DVD :( )

JaS 10.4.6 (broken DVD :( )

JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 Only :)

JaS 10.4.8 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 :)

Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 universal :thumbsup_anim:

Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i r1 Intel ;)

Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i r2 Intel ;)

Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i r3 Intel :thumbsup_anim:

XxX 10.4.11 ;)

Leo4All v1 ;)

Leo4All v2 ;)

Leo4All v3 10.5.2 Intel AMD (the best DVD :star_smile::D )

Leo4All v3 + JaS 10.5.3 :P:thumbsdown_anim::thumbsdown_anim::thumbsdown_anim:

iAtkos 1.0ir2 :thumbsdown_anim:

iAtkos 1.0ir3 :thumbsdown_anim:

Kalyway 10.5.1 :thumbsdown_anim:

Kalyway 10.5.2 :thumbsdown_anim:

Meh,

10.4.6 HOTiSO DVD: This was my first introduction to the OSX86 Scene.

10.5.0 ToH DVD: This is when I got a much better PC and installed OSX86.

10.5 Prepare Custom CD: This is for when I needed a few files such as the BrazilMac and EFI Patch. Also used to transfer some key files from my old pc.

10.4.6 HOTiSO DVD: Was mine they just relabel it :)

Yep I know, Its an absolute shame that they took your work and just relabeled it for the 'Scene'. But I guess without it I would have never found InsanelyMac. I still grabbed your release but removed it to accommodate your 10.4.7 PPF Update :wacko::(. Good times

Mine:

10.4.8 Jas

10.4.9 Uphuck v1.3

10.4.10 Kalyway v1.1

10.4.10 Macdotnub v.1

10.4.10 XxX v1.1

10.5.0 ToH

10.5.1 IATKOS v1.0i

10.5.1 Kalyway

10.5.2 IATKOS v2.0i

10.5.2 Kalyway Intel_AMD

10.5.2 Leo4All v.2

10.5.2 Leo4All v3

i have the mac os x 10.4.7 jas dvd the 10.5.1 toh dvd and i also have original disc of the i mac repair disc (mac os 9 fr) the power mac 5200 repair disc (mac os 7 fr) the mac os 7-8-9 install disc (on torrent) and the ideneb 10.5.5 install disc