Your Collection of OSx86 DVDs and CDs

~pcwiz

103 posts in this topic

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I couldn't find a place for it anywhere else. And I'm pretty sure that this doesn't go against forum rules but if it does then feel free to delete it

What is this thread about? Its where you list all the OSx86 DVDs in your possession and how they worked out for you! You can also list custom DVDs and CDs that you made e.g. update CDs...

Heres mine:

Official DVDs (I mean like downloaded from torrent)

JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3

Universal DVD that I've used quite a few times in native and VMware installs. First DVD I ever used, for the first install ever (VMWare install)

Uphuck 1.4iR3 10.4.9

This is the first DVD I used in a native install, on my external hard drive. Worked out beautifully once I got everything working

Kalyway 10.4.10 SSE3 Intel only v1.0

I've only used this once actually. First time I tried it was on a Pentium D machine but the kernel kept making the system reboot. The time I actually used this was for a fresh Tiger install on my external drive on my new computer

Kalyway Leopard Boot HD Prepare CD

I've never used this one actually, haven't even put it in the drive since its been burned. I was prepping to install BrazilMac, which I never did

iATKOS v1.0iR2

The DVD that never worked for me. It kept looping the Press any key to install message

iATKOS v1.0iR2 with EqUaTe1 PPF

Another attempt at iATKOS that never worked, same problem as the R2 DVD

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3

Another Kalyway DVD. This is what I resorted to after iATKOS didn't work and I'm glad I did. Worked absolutely beautifully on the first boot

My CD/DVDs (Update CDs and stuff that I made)

Generic OSx86 Software DVD

Just a DVD that I burned containing the Dell E520 kexts for the Kalyway DVD, the PascalW and koolkal 10.4.10 updaters, and iMovie and iPhoto 08.

Kalyway 10.5.2 update CD

A CD I made for preparation to update to 10.5.2. Contained the Kalyway 10.5.2 combo update, kalyway 10.5.2 kernels package, Leopard Graphics Update 1.0, netkas 9.2.0 kernel and SMBIOS, and every version/revision of mac.nub's SMBIOS

I must say that I have quite an impressive collection. Can you beat it?

This thread is gonna be a fun way to think about the past and the present of OSx86 :)

Well, you schooled me, I only have 3...

Jas 10.4.8 This one didn't work for me either, I kept trying but eventually gave up. Looking at it now, I think I could get it to work, but I have Leopard now, so I don't need it.

iAtkos 10.5 Installation DVD. I never actually used this CD. I tried on my Desktop, and it kept giving me the "Still waiting for Root Device" error. By the time I had figured it out, I had moved on to...

Kalyway's 10.5.1 Installation DVD. This one worked out perfectly, and it is the only one I have actually used to do a full installation on my computers.

The ones I HAVE downloaded:

Tiger flat image: never used it

Jas 10.4.3: Used for a long time

Jas 10.4.5: Used

Jas 10.4.6: Used

Jas 10.4.8: Used

Jas 10.4.9 update pkg: Used for quite a while on the p4.

Uphuck 10.4.9 Never worked on the p4, never tried on my p35.

Leopard flat image: Used this to install Leo in the first place on the p35: iatkos wouldn't boot. Never tested on p4.

iATKOS 10.5.1[no idea which revision, probably 0]: Never worked on the P35. Never tested on p4.

My custom dvds[for myself]:

10.4.11[used Macbook Pro Restore DVD 10.4.4 as base] for p35

10.5.2[Leo GM base] for p35

10.5.2 server[server GM base] for p35.

Meh,

10.4.6 HOTiSO DVD: This was my first introduction to the OSX86 Scene.

10.5.0 ToH DVD: This is when I got a much better PC and installed OSX86.

10.5 Prepare Custom CD: This is for when I needed a few files such as the BrazilMac and EFI Patch. Also used to transfer some key files from my old pc.

I have:

iATKOS v1.0iR2 - great install and ran great. No problems except I couldn't install onto SATA.

Kalyway 10.5.1 - What a pain in the ass installation but finally got it working and using it now. Only reason I switched because this would install on a SATA drive.

Suhail,

HOTiSO is still alive and kickin'. Have you seen the new 10.5 Server HOTiSO release?

MetalMatrix,

I had the exact opposite experience of you. iATKOS wouldn't work no matter what I tried, even on one of the most supported of motherboards. Kalyway ran fantastic for me with 0 problems (other than shutdown and restart which was fixed by the netkas kernel)

I started off with the 10.4.1 deadmoo image (I was on the win2osx forums back then! :)). From then on, I must've downloaded more than 10 - 15 versions. Can't be bothered to list them all (mainly as I can't remember).

10.4.1 (the first DVD release for hackintosh) DVD - August 2005

10.4.3 DVD

10.4.5 DVD

10.4.6 Goatsecx DVD

10.4.8 Jas DVD - November 2006

10.4.9i r3 Uphuck DVD

10.4.10 Macnub DVD

10.5.0 ToH DVD - October 31 2007

10.5.1 iAtkos r2 DVD

10.5.1 Kalyway DVD - 20 December 2007

10.5.2 Kalyway DVD

Great collection!!!

Original OSx86 DVD from dev program

10.4.5 Myzar

10.4.6 Goatsecx DVD

10.4.8 JaS DVD (original release)

10.4.8 JaS DVD + PPF1 + PPF 2

10.4.9 Uphuck r2

10.4.9 Uphuck r3

10.4.10 Kalyway DVD

10.4.10 mac.nub DVD

10.5.0 9a527 Kalyway DVD... yes I still have it!

10.5.0 ToH DVD RC2

10.5.0 BrazilMac patched DVD

10.5.0 DVD original from Apple, untouched - Keeping it "just in case"

10.5.1 iATKOS DVD - original

10.5.1 iATKOS DVD r2

10.5.1 Kalyway DVD

10.5.1 netkas EFI DVD

10.5.2 update - not really an OSx86 DVD

i put this {censored} on a 500GB external ^_^

This is Colonels collect (just incase anyone from the FBI, CIA, FSB, KGB, MI6, MI7 or Metropolitan Police want to know) :P

Myz 10.4.4 - This is where it all began people! :thumbsup_anim:

10.4.6 - Jas I think. Remember everything working. :huh:

Jas 10.4.8 - Don't remember sleep working, but that's about all. <_<

Uphuck 10.4.9 - Can't remember the exact version. Worked pretty well but this is where I got stuck and left behind :(

iATKOSv1.0ir2 10.5.1 - Managed to get it working but sleep didn't work initially ^_^

Kalaway 10.5.1 - Somehow managed to get sleep working and using it now (not sleep, otherwise how would I write this) :afro:

I think I've used a few more versions of the same update release but generally when they didn't work I got rid of them.

Sweet Mebster...nice collection. I am in awe at people who got iATKOS to work <_< I gave it my all and no success ^_^

Mine didn't work for ages. Kept restarting continuously. But then I selected an option in his Customize section and that did the trick. Can't remember what it was though.

But with both Kalaways and iATKOS DVD I get mouse tearing which is really annoying and impossible to work in Office 08 with. :thumbsup_anim:

Managed to control it by replacing the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext but it was smoother before (except the tearing).

pcwiz, i got a chuckle out of your post...

In no particular order, here's my list

1. Macdotnub_OSx86_10.4.10

never got it to boot, only tried it on my680board

2. BrazilMac_PatchedDVD Leopard GM 9a581

never got it to work, only tried it on my680board

3. JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3

4. Kalyway 10.4.10 SSE3 Intel only v1.0

never got it to work, only tried it on my680board

5. iATKOS v1.0i

6. ToH_x86_9A581_RC2

installed onto my dell 530, but reboot i couldn't find a way around the TMSafetyNet.kext loads then restart issue when booting from hd.

7. leopard-x86flat-image

never tried

8. Tub_Osx10410_AMDVM_SSE3

never tried this, i ran across it after i found kalyway 10.5.1

9. iATKOSv2iir_r3

never tried, this was recent

10. Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3

this dvd booted perfectly, installed perfectly, had to use vesa to get past setup, installed NIC, graphics kexts and replaced kernels and kexts from there, 10.5.2 + apple gfx update.... This dvd gave me the least hassle

11. iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso

Success! on my dell 530 workstation dual xeon 2.2ghz, onboard sound and nic work out of the box.

12. iATKOSv3

won't boot on my 780i

13. Leo4allv3

boots on my 780i, formats hd fine, goto install and the installer completely blows up on me, huge error log

14. Kalyway 10.5.2

will not boot on my 780i

15. Leo4allv2

boots fine, installs fine, post-osinstall ethernet & video drivers, running fine so far

PS i probably should have taken better notes. I don't quite remember everything now its been so long. but if anyone is interested, most of my early growin pains are here