Your Collection of OSx86 DVDs and CDs

~pcwiz

103 posts in this topic

I see :) I'm just wondering now why all but one of your images "didn't work" or you "never tried" :rolleyes:

Are you getting these for actual use or are they for a repository :P

its more out of partial laziness and i just plain don't remember really. i'll go back and edit them as i dig up some of my old posts and update my list so there are better descriptions.

actually, i downloaded them one or two at a time when i was first installing this onto my 680i board. due to the nforce problem i didnt' know about at the time i started downloading all of the different versions, hoping one would work , this is what i ended up with :D

Nice collections guys,

I definitely know the feeling, the past couple of days I've been cleaning house on my hard drives, and install discs since they so easily accumulate. I had to toss a lot of old Vista, Ubuntu, and XP discs, and the ISO images... good grief.

Now I'm down to just to the Kalyway 10.5.1, since it works great on both my desktop and laptop.

I actually used deadmoo. Worked fairly well, for the first OSx86 release. The patched kernels that were eventually made by maxxuss were really exciting. :P

Oh yeah, Good old days :( That was more than 2 years ago when i first i tried to install osx which turned out to be a disaster :P

10.4.1 Deadmoo. Love at first sight. Worked perfect on all my computers. Easiest to install too. Heck you could do it from Windows. Plus my 855GM worked

10.4.3 JaS. Was far better than 10.4.1.

10.4.4 JaS. Super sweet.

10.4.6 JaS. By far the best release of JaS. I still have it for old times sake.

10.4.8 JaS Release 1

10.4.8 JaS Release 2 with new Kernel. My last and final image that I downloaded.

I got a Mac after this. Never really bothered with any of the other distros. JaS Rocked. They worked perfect. Each release of his was perfect. Except the 10.4.8 debacle

JaS 10.4.8 - introduction to hackintosh. worked perfectly on my D915GAV board. updated to 10.4.11. Beginning of a new life :)

Kalyway 10.5.1 - Just had to buy a 7300GS card to make QE/CI working. Updated to 10.5.2. Continuation of happy life. :):D

Thanks to JaS and Kalyway.

i guess i pretty much downloaded all the intel discs and update packages. i probably have them all buried in some deep, dark directory on my hackintosh.

currently running Leopard which I installed myself (by installing the packages directly from within a temporary install from some other leo distro, then patching accordingly). wanted a minimal-patches install, but got problems with USB. since then i installed kalyway's 10.5.2 + extensions, ToH 10.5.2 kernel and macdotnub's SMBIOS. working nice, and my USB works properly again :P

at no point have i EVER had wake-from-sleep working. the system sleeps normally and appears to wake up (and is network-pingable) but the gfx subsystem seems dead. i tried VNCing in and i got a black window, which was weird. i dug up some command line util to re-init the gfx, but it just hung. if anyone out there has the answer then please share!!

ive always meant to create a DVD which will give me full working audio, networking, airport, gfx etc out of the box, but never got round to it. that'd be a nice project actually - a DVD builder program - you feed it packages and extensions and whatever and it spits out an ISO. :P

munky,

There is a DVD builder for 10.5.2 :hysterical: Go to the Tutorials genius bar and at the top there is a stickied topic by me called FAQ Custom Install Disc Creation and in that there is a link.

Sorry I couldn't post the link direct, I was lazy :hysterical:

1. Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.1 (Not the Deadmoo version) - Worked fine on my i865G-based system

2. I remember a 10.4.5 disc... forget now... and I think I had a 10.4.4 disc. Probably in one of my other binders...or spindles...or piles...or maybe recycled

3. MyZ 10.4.6

4. JaS 10.4.8 AMD/SSE2/SSE3 w/PPF1, PPF2

5. JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 Only

6. Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 universal

7. Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4a AMD

8. Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i r2 Intel

9. Mac.Nub 10.4.10 v1r5

10. XxX 10.4.10

11. ToH 10.5 RC2

12. Kalyway 10.5.1 SSE2/SSE3

13. BrazilMac 10.5 9a581 (Worked the best for me, so far)

14. Leo4All 10.5.2 Universal AMD/Intel SSE2/SSE3

Also have the Kalyway Leopard Prep disc, another disc of Kexts, guides, PC-EFI, etc. that have been collected over time (including the original custom-written ATI Frame Buffer Driver that allowed QuickTime videos to play slightly smoother, for 10.4.1...I forget the details now)

And I also have a System 7.1.2 disc :D - original from a Power Macintosh 6100/7100/8100-series

Lets see, I probably have the least amout of install DVDs but I've had exceptional amounts of success with each. :)

Tiger flat-image 10.4.1 "Deadmoo" The first try at running OS X on my PC. I first used this in VMWare, and then followed a guide to copy the contents of the image to my hard drive. Overall it ran well, besides not having sound/internet.

iATKOS R1 10.5.1 My second try at running OS X on my PC. Ran fine, but was not fully functional (Memory leaks, slow-ish, could not install updates/ assorted applications. Besides the factors that limited my install, sound, internet, and graphics card all worked well with this release.

Leo4All. A.K.A "Leopard Universal" 10.5.2 After the monstrosity that was iATKOS, I really didn't feel like toying with R2 or the recent R3. I found this distribution while browsing these forums. Shotly after its release, I was burning it to a DVD and rebooting. I have to say, this is probably the best hacked version of OS X to run on a PC. Everything, I mean everything worked out of the box. Also, everything runs smoothly, everything is noticeably faster than my previous iATKOS install. In other words, I swear this is native. :D

munky, read the replies in that Custom Install Disc thread, there are some replies with links to a newer version of the DVD maker :P

P.S. I forgot to mention that I have 10.3 Panther discs too :P

• 2 weeks later...
munky, read the replies in that Custom Install Disc thread, there are some replies with links to a newer version of the DVD maker :hysterical:

If you follow those links you will see I've added a How To:

"Adding your own PKG containing kext".

As for DVDs I've made around 25 of my own, most of them ended up in the trash. :hysterical:

+ I've a JaS 10.4.8 and iAtkos rc2

• 2 weeks later...

10.4.1-7 - I had a few of these but I don't remember which ones exactly anymore. (mostly Jas though)

10.4.8 Jas - Worked Fine

10.4.9 uphuck - Worked fine

10.5.1v2 iATKOS - Installed but I couldn't shut down! (sound also didn't work on my laptop)

10.5.2 Leo4Allv2 - Wouldn't even boot on my Laptop. (booted on my desktop but I don't care for it there anymore; using Ubuntu)

10.5.2 Kalyway - same as Leo4Allv2 (What am I doing wrong?)

10.5.2 ToH - Boots on my laptop

It's too bad Leo4All and Kalyway don't for for me. Good there there is iATKOS and ToH