[Guide + Installer] Leopard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4 (10.5.2 + EFI)

~pcwiz

1,128 posts in this topic

i have xp on one hard drive and osx on the other... in my case i set up OS X to boot first. If i need to boot xp i press F12 at the BIOS prompt and choose XP hard drive...

i have xp on one hard drive and osx on the other... in my case i set up OS X to boot first. If i need to boot xp i press F12 at the BIOS prompt and choose XP hard drive...

Yeah I have OS X as first priority. I have Windows XP & Vista on 2 other drives, I have to press F12 at Bios... a bit of an inconvenience but cant complain too much. -_-

Hi all,

Does this guide work with a retail DVD of 10.5.2 intead of the 10.5.0 or 10.5.1 ?

Thank you.

Rgr.

Iphone112

This guide is not meant for retail DVDs or 10.5.2 DVDs. Its specifically for the Kalyway 10.5.1 release -_-

Yeah I have OS X as first priority. I have Windows XP & Vista on 2 other drives, I have to press F12 at Bios... a bit of an inconvenience but cant complain too much. :rolleyes:

i honestly never boot into windows after i switched to mac osx... i like it better hands down... if needed i just fire up vmware fusion and good to go... well, unless you play games than you need separate windows install... i also have a test hard drive that has same install i am using... i am using test install for checking out updates and everything questionable before applying anything to my main install :) pretty cool...

i honestly never boot into windows after i switched to mac osx... i like it better hands down... if needed i just fire up vmware fusion and good to go... well, unless you play games than you need separate windows install... i also have a test hard drive that has same install i am using... i am using test install for checking out updates and everything questionable before applying anything to my main install :D pretty cool...

I boot into windows vista for some video encoding using virtualdub (divx / xvid files) and a few other things. Also I need Windows XP for gaming. :)

SpeedStep kernel works with Intel SpeedStep (SpeedStep has to be enabled to take advantage of it) and the Sleep kernel makes sleep work fully. When I was still on 10.5.2 I used the SpeedStep kernel since Sleep wasn't a huge priority for me, and it worked fine :)

Hi,

I've done something incredibly stupid - with a 10.5.2 install, I did an Apple software update (including updating to 10.5.4 I believe).

Now every time I boot, I get a black dialog telling me to restart the computer.

I've tried booting in verbose mode and it seems to panic on something to do with the cpu power management.

Is there any way I can back this out or am I up for a complete re-install?

Many thanks.

I used Weaksuace's guide to go from Kalyway/PCWIZ 10.5.2 to 10.5.4

Just be smart about what NOT to install as the guide is specific to only one motherboard the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Rev 2.0.

If I remember correctly I didn't install the sound kext and a couple other things as it was not compatible with my motherboard.

Best,

John

Thanks, yes, but I'm still running the BadAxe2 with Tiger 10.4.10

Oh...OK...it's just a little confusing.

What about the Security update, ist it safe to install?

So far it's been running fine for a couple days with 10.5.4.

update is safe for intel users and requires some mod for amd... I had this update installed for some time now and it's working ok... Hey Pcwiz I heard that you working on your last project here on insanelymac :angel: are you leaving?

Hi Guys.

Realy need your help. I'm quite ofter geting grey screen with english, grench and german words about that I have to restart my computer press and hold power button bla bla bla (you know what I mean).

And I noticed it's mostly happen during copying files. I have IDE drive with leopad 10.5.2 installed and three SATA ntfs drives. For it I'm using macfuse with ntfs3g driver. And yesterday I uninstaled ntfs3g just for expirement. For 24 hours everything was stable till I decide to copy few files to fat32 formated flash drive. So, I got again grey "screen of death" What could be a problem here? I tried with and without AHCI mode enabled. Tried to play almost with all bios options. Not helping. Could be some conflicts in system? I used Kalyway dvd 10.5.2. And I choose kabylkernel, AppleGenericPCATA, AppleSMBIOS-27-MP during installation. After I installed audio, network and SATA kexts. Also I removed J-Micron kext as well.

Week a go I tried itkos 10.5.4 for a few days and was same problem there. But was some extra problem with quartz and video overlay and I decide downgrade to 10.5.2. Since Kalyway was okey with this.

My specs is:

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R with Intel Q6600 Quad Processor

GeForce 8800GTX

4 GB Ram

3 SATA drives

1 IDE hard drive and IDE DVD drive.

Thanks in advance,

Shrisha.

For anyone who has same problem.

Looks like I fixed it. It was 4GB RAM problem. So, I got rid of IDE drives and added "maxmem=4032" string to boot file. Now no crashes. So far. :P