[Guide + Installer] Leopard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4 (10.5.2 + EFI)

~pcwiz

1,128 posts in this topic

hey guys, i have tried new ideneb install, its great... works awesome, got 100% vanilla install working great... in a way better because its installs 10.5.4 right away...:P

Tried the new Guide, However when I get to Updating to 10.5.3 this is what happens

Load 1_Kalyway_UpdComb10.5.3.pkg

When it asking me to restart I dont

run the second package I DO NOT choose any options

Restart machine

Machine get to the white apple screen and the moving circle below and never get past there..

Help Help!

Got the system to boot. System works find however it takes forever to boot. Starts to boot fine with the white loading screen then the screen goes off and the system seems to die and just sits for at least 2 mins then just boot fine and everything seems to work. Tried booting wit -v at f8 but when the screen goes blank you can see what's happening

Got the system to boot. System works find however it takes forever to boot. Starts to boot fine with the white loading screen then the screen goes off and the system seems to die and just sits for at least 2 mins then just boot fine and everything seems to work. Tried booting wit -v at f8 but when the screen goes blank you can see what's happening

Same thing happened to me when I installed the NVinstaller v52 (same happens with v51) after doing all the rest (as stated in the guide). System allmost takes 2 - 3 minutes to boot. It's no disaster but it would be nice if it booted like before the patching :(

edit: I installed the drivers with NVinstaller at the same moment I did the fixes from the Control Center (without rebooting between them). So the problem could be created from the fixes (but that would surprise me)...

I'm having the same issue as you described previously. Tried to update to 10.5.3, followed the instructions perfectly. The computer restarted after the install, but when I get the grey Apple screen, I get the "stop sign" error.

I booted in verbose mode and it mentions some AHCI error. Still can't seem to get the computer to boot into the OS, though. Did you figure it out?

Really strange problem is occurring.Reloaded my ITUNES Library and once it had loaded went into coverflow and received the following error:

ITUNES IS UNABLE TO BROWSE ALBUM COVERS ON THIS COMPUTER

Looked up the error and could only find it occurring on XP machines, seems it has to do with the graphics drivers.

I have a GeForce 7300GS with 256 MB of ram under about show NVinject 0.1.5

Help!

The only other problem seems to be the loading time of my system 2-3 minutes

Motherboard ep35-ds3r 8gb ram Processor Intel Core 2 quad q6600 Video card GEForce 7300gs

Really strange problem is occurring.Reloaded my ITUNES Library and once it had loaded went into coverflow and received the following error:

Looked up the error and could only find it occurring on XP machines, seems it has to do with the graphics drivers.

Help!

The only other problem seems to be the loading time of my system 2-3 minutes

Motherboard ep35-ds3r 8gb ram Processor Intel Core 2 quad q6600 Video card GEForce 7300gs

What version of OSX do you use? 10.5.2 or 10.5.4?

I'm fairly sure the DVD glitch will stop after you upgrade to 10.5.4. as mine did.

When you upgrade via weaksauces guide just be aware of items not to install. You'll probably have less things to worry about than I did since your board is so similar to weaksauce's.

With weaksauce's guide...start at this section: 3. Install the Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update:

I have still the problem with the "sleeping" DVD drive in 10.5.4.

I have still the problem with the "sleeping" DVD drive in 10.5.4.

The work around that I've found for this is to put the computer to sleep, then wake it - upon waking, it re-initializes the DVD interface and the drive functions normally...

This is a lot better than what I'd tried (successfully) before - pulling the power wire from the drive and plugging it back in... That worked, but I had to open the case and be VERY careful. MUCH easier just to sleep and wake.

Patrick

And your System Profiler reports QE/CI support for your board?

Patrick

PCWiz

buddy,

The front jack (there is no back one anyway). For the microphone is not working with the provided driver. I was trying all night yesterday but neither skype or any programs work. Went to settings and same thing it shows u test microphone but nothing responds eventhough all the fields are active.

NEED HELP PLEASE:

ALC889A

PCWiz

buddy,

The front jack (there is no back one anyway). For the microphone is not working with the provided driver. I was trying all night yesterday but neither skype or any programs work. Went to settings and same thing it shows u test microphone but nothing responds eventhough all the fields are active.

NEED HELP PLEASE:

ALC889A

Have you tried reinstalling the driver? For me every time I did an OS install I had to install PCWiz's audio driver a second time for it to kick in.

I have one, maybe stupid question.

I have already running Kalyway distro but would like to change the mobo now to DS3P. The question is: Must I reinstall completely Kalyway or is it possible that I just change the mobo and add additional kexts for it if needed? I would hate to reinstall everything from scratch because i have a lot of applications installed and customized just as i want them.

Tried the new Guide, However when I get to Updating to 10.5.3 this is what happens

Load 1_Kalyway_UpdComb10.5.3.pkg

When it asking me to restart I dont

run the second package I DO NOT choose any options

Restart machine

Machine get to the white apple screen and the moving circle below and never get past there..

Help Help!

Same happens for me. I've tried a few times, following the instructions closely... always the same result. It hangs on reboot after the the 10.5.3 update.

I've run -v and it hangs on "HFS: removed 266 orphaned files" (there more to it than that but that's the jist of the message). I let it sit loading for up to half an hour, no dice.

I ran as -x to see if safe mode works, no dice.

Any suggestions. It looks like this is THE method to use for DS3/DS4 boards... fantastic work! But, I just need to get it to work.

My system:

Core 2 Duo e4500; Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4; Scyth Infinnity; Patriot Extreme Performance PC2-6400; XFX GeForce 8800 GT Alpha Dog; Corsair HX 620W; WD 500GB Sata; Samsung SH-S203N 20X SpeedPlus; Lian Li PC-V1000; D-Link DWA-522 wifi card.

Thanks.