Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

i am curious to see if anyone know's if this version will support more for my laptop, i tried te leo4all install and had to install with flag cpus=1, leopard starts up but it takes forever, runs slow as hell and has no support for audio, ethernet or wireless and defaults to 1024x768, can't change resolution. anyone with the same laptop or with recomendations as far as what version might work best for me would be greatly appreciated!!! specs are in my signature!!! ty all!

p.s. all specs were taken from everest running on xp sp2

Ok I'm using an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with an ASUS A8N-E Mobo and i cannot get the install to go it just hangs. now i found this:

Install Boot Hang Fix:

1. Boot with the DVD
  2. Press F8, then type "-s"
  3. Type "cd /usr/standalone/i386"
  4. Type "dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1" (X is the disk number and Y is the partition number on which you installed Leo)
  5. Type "dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1"
  6. Type "./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v8"

but i don't now what i'm doing wrong; i boot the dvd hit F8 type -s now do i hit enter or keep typing if so rdiskXsY makes no sense cause leo isn't installed so what would i put for X and Y. anyone who got this to work please help, i know what to do once i get the installer going but i need help up to that point

ust installed Zephyrod 10.5.2 Rev2 and it was first success after Tiger for me, rev1 hangs during installation. The installation though didn't run well from normal mode(frozen 39 min left) and went fine only under -x. I've got few issues now. Can boot only with -f(same on Tiger), graphic card doesn't support CI/QE(works on Tiger with same NVinject 0.2.0),DVD not reading, Itunes not playing from Ipod or CD,Lan not working(didn't install any 3rd party drvrs),no sound. Looks funny. What is working then? Any advice appreciated. Thanks

And my complex spec:

Hp XW9300

Tyan K8WE mobo(Nforce4) with havily modified Bios 2.09 from Hp,

2xOpteron 252(2.6 Hgz) SSE3 support

4gb DDR 3200ram,

Nvidia Qadro 3400,

Seagate sata 320gb

Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4

AMD 6000+

2GB Corsair PC6400 RAM

500GB + 120GB + 120GB SATA drives

Nvidia 7600GT

Realtek RTL8139 - Hawking Tech 10/100

Windows XP, Ubuntu, Solaris x86,

Zephyroth 10.5.2 + PC_EFI v8 + GUID - Installed and worked like a champ. Didn't have to search for drivers - haven't tried the onboard Marvell network. SATA works great ...

Cheers Zephyroth for a great release

Home made pc

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800 (Brisbane)

Motherboard: M2A-VM HDMI AMD 690G

RAM: 2GB PC6400

Drive: 250GB and 200GB -SATA drives, E 200GB

Optical Drive: Samsung ND-3540A and ND-3550 connected to SATA with IDE to SATA

Integrated ATI Radeon X1250-based graphics

MacOSX Leopard 10.5.2 EFI V2 by Zephyroth

and

LEO4ALL 10.5.2

Both DVD installers would work, but it could not see my IDE hard drive so I added a new 200GB SATA. I spent several hours trying to get the OS installed. Eventually, I used both discs and selecting certain options which I did not right down : ( ....and I had a running OSX 10.5.2 with networking running. Whoohoo! However, no audio. I read a thread that the Azalia drivers should have been used. Not knowing how to install the drivers, I re-ran the install DVD and select that audio driver, it overwrote my installation and everything stopped working. : (

On subsequent installtions, I've have not been able to reproduce a booting working system, but I also have not try not loading the audio drivers. I'll try to document to installation so I know what worked. How does one load video/audio drivers after OSX is up and running? I'll try an install without attempting to get he audio drivers loaded.

PC: Homebrew

Graphics: Sappire x1650 Pro PciE16x - NO

Mobo: K8M890-M (via chipset) - YES

Sound: onboard - YES

Extra items selected during install: 9.2.0 Kernel, AC97, VIA, WUSB54G

Overall/Summary: Works perfect, with these exceptions. HAVE to make first boot with -v -x "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32" or else loops with welcome assistant. also have to modify wusb54g wlan with prasys modified driver.

I tried installing the included patch for ati radeon x1600 cards, but it doesn't work for me.

also tried kozlowski, blackb, and maclovin methods/patches. none work, or I'm applying them wrong.

If anyone knows how to patch for x1650 pci card (vendor 1002 and dev 71c7) PLEASE help!

Thanks Zephy!

So, I tried to run the install DVD for the 10.5.2 AMD release, and it seems to hang after it identifies my Ethernet card.

It's a Realtek ethernet card, and it tells me that the "flow control is disabled". After that, it seems to just keep reading from the DVD, but in a pattern, which tells me that it isn't doing anything anymore.

Any options or anything I can do to get past this point?

Specs:

Acer Aspire 5100-3357

AMD Turion 64 (single core) MK-38 running at 2.2 GHz

4 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 RAM

120 GB Toshiba SATA Hard Drive

120 GB Western Digital Caviar IDE Hard Drive in a USB Enclosure.

Realtek HD Audio

Synaptics TouchPad (which it *did* detect and did not have problems with)

Any ideas?

Edited by books451

PC: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice (SSE3)

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7300GS (on PCI-E)

Mobo: Asus M2N-E with Nvidia Nforce 570 Ultra chipset

Sound: working, but not out of the box (installing Azalia from the DVD gave me an error after install, but the ones I got from the AppleHDA thread worked fine). Sound input does not work.

Extra items selected during install: ToH-Kernel 9.2.0, NVidia kexts, EFI-MBR-Bootloader, Forcedeth.

Overall/Summary: worked perfectly except for sound.

Thanks a lot for the work you've put into this!!!

Specs: Asus A8N SLI Deluxe; AMD 64 4000+; 1.5GB DDR 400 (dual Channel); Leaktek 7600GT;

I've installed on both SATA and IDE HDDs with the same results. I've used both SSE3 Kernels, forcedeath, nforce, AC97, 10.5.2 Nvidia Kext +256MB Nvinject and installation goes perfectly, I boot into Leopard with everything working. I can leave the computer running for days with no problem.

My problem is (I believe downloading causes it) the system will randomly crash giving me the screen to hold the power button down. Everytime it happens, I've got several apps open working on various things but the one consistent aspect is that there has always been a download taking place. System Profilier does not show any problems (that I can see).

This is frustrating because the system seems to run perfectly minus these lockups.

Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem beginning to think it's the onbaord lan our boards are the same btw

PC: Gateway GM5084

Graphics: NVidia GeForce 6600 PCIe

Mobo: (model)

Sound: Onboard soundworking great

Overall/Summary: Install Smooth. Unchecked all of the extra languages

Everything works except the network.

AMD Athlon XP 4200 64 x2 dual core

2 gig dual channel DDR2 RAM

320 GIG SATA 3 partitions XP/KuBuntu Linux/storage

40 Gig ATA Ultra, OS x Leapord 10.5.2 Zephyroth Edition

Booting done through bios at F10 startup prompt displaying all drives. Merely switched it to the 40 gig and it boots right up

Anyone know about drivers for the gateway onboard LAN I think its NVidia NForce series?

Only friggin thing thats not working

ok so i still am having the video loop even after i did what the wiki said under the loop (i entered the commands). i just don't know how to disable the network card. any help would be great as the wiki doesn't explain.

and i don't have the option in bios. there has to be another way of doing it.

10.5.2 Rev.2

PC: Homebrew-*Details Below

Graphics: 7900GT KO CI(HA)/QE Supported

Mobo: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Sound: Works

Extra items selected during install: NV+NVINJECT, MBR EFI, A97 Audio, Fonts, Forcedeth, NForce, may have forgotten one that I used...

Overall/Summary: Yes worked well, except for one IMPORTANT part. I think I remember having an issue with this before, but my internet speeds are from 5-30kb/s where in vista they are 800kbps-2MB/s so thats a large problem....if anyone has any ideas, I am willing to try, or if you can point me in the right direction that would be great as well. Also, restart takes literally forever and on the screen it just fills with the AppleYukon2 error.

*SPECS:

AMD X2 4800+

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

3GB Ram

eVGA 7900 GT KO

Leo running on 250GB WD HDD

EDIT: Also, to the people with the same motherboard, I also had those same problems with the restart/shutdown screen while downloading, but so far with EFI and vanilla kernel it has not done that, (knock on wood) so we shall see.******I came back to my computer this morning and I was downloading a few things, it was frozen about 3 minutes after I had left it so the download problem is still there, just no screen to hold power button, just frozen.******

EDIT2: Problem only exists on one of the NIC ports in the motherboard (this is the speed problem i was referring to earlier). I believe its the marvell one that has the issue. (I forget how to tell which is which in OSX.)

Hi guys, i think i made a mistake and post something like this somewhere else sorry;

Im having a problem by the way;

my system is:

MSI gx610

turion 64 x2

Ati RX690+SB600 Chipset

ATi HD2600 Graphic, 256MB DDR3 VRAM

160GB

Im trying to install 10.5.2 R1, and goes everything ok until i have to choose language, then when i click the arrow button or press enter it freezes, and nothing else happend, i.d waited for 20 minutes, but nothing; could someone help me with this?

im booting using -v -f -x, if not the screnn shows all colours squares

PC: eMachines M6811

Graphics: ATI Mobility 9600

CPU: AMD Mobile Athlon 64 3400+

Sound: N/A

Extra items selected during install: just AC97 Audio, VIA Lan, Broadcom wireless and dual boot (there was only one option under dual boot.

Overall/Summary:

The first rev almost installed without a hitch. It would get to around 2 minutes or less to finish installing, then just hang. I even let it sit there for an hour once. I then continued to try again while waiting for Rev2 to finish downloading. Rev 2 installed without any problems. And yes I erased my Leopard partition before trying to install. After it was finish, it rebooted and stayed stuck at the gray screen with the spinnng circle in the center. Mouse still moves around. I then rebooted and selected for more options. Just a side note: It was great to see both Leopard and Vista as an option for booting into. Anyways, I booted with the -v option and it seems to get pretty far. It gets past Jettisoning kernel linker. Shows an error about determining security mode for firewire and goes with default.

Here are the last 3 lines I get.

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=21[loginwindow] clearing CS_VALID

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p19[mds] clearing CS_VALID

unknown SIGSEGV code 0

The only option that I was not sure applied to me or not was the SSE3 option in the customize install. I tried it with and without. Same problem. Does anyone know if the AMD Mobile Athlon 64 3400+ in the eMachines M6811 supports SSE3? I know from here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_A...bile_processors that the newer "Newark" core is suppose to support SSE3, but I am not sure which core I have.

Any help on resolving this would be great.

Thanks,

Cruce

PC: eMachines M6811

Graphics: ATI Mobility 9600

CPU: AMD Mobile Athlon 64 3400+

Sound: N/A

Extra items selected during install: just AC97 Audio, VIA Lan, Broadcom wireless and dual boot (there was only one option under dual boot.

Overall/Summary:

The first rev almost installed without a hitch. It would get to around 2 minutes or less to finish installing, then just hang. I even let it sit there for an hour once. I then continued to try again while waiting for Rev2 to finish downloading. Rev 2 installed without any problems. And yes I erased my Leopard partition before trying to install. After it was finish, it rebooted and stayed stuck at the gray screen with the spinnng circle in the center. Mouse still moves around. I then rebooted and selected for more options. Just a side note: It was great to see both Leopard and Vista as an option for booting into. Anyways, I booted with the -v option and it seems to get pretty far. It gets past Jettisoning kernel linker. Shows an error about determining security mode for firewire and goes with default.

Here are the last 3 lines I get.

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=21[loginwindow] clearing CS_VALID

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p19[mds] clearing CS_VALID

unknown SIGSEGV code 0

The only option that I was not sure applied to me or not was the SSE3 option in the customize install. I tried it with and without. Same problem. Does anyone know if the AMD Mobile Athlon 64 3400+ in the eMachines M6811 supports SSE3? I know from here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_A...bile_processors that the newer "Newark" core is suppose to support SSE3, but I am not sure which core I have.

Any help on resolving this would be great.

Thanks,

Cruce

Get CPU-Z, run it and it will tell you what your processor supports.

PC: Custom Built

Graphics: X850XT PE (PCI-E) (CI=Software QE not working

Mobo:Abit AN8 Fatal1ty <- AMD Venice 3200+, 1gb kingston hyper X

Sound: Yes, but only from one speaker(ALC658 <- need proper kext? Anyone?)

Extra items selected during install: ToH 9.2 kernel, Forcedeth, NF4 S-ATA chipset, Boot=MBR, SSE3

Overall/Summary: It was a pretty basic install, all worked fine, only thing is that, both on my USB Headset and from the Realtek 658 I receive sound only from one speaker. Also I am not sure if callisto is still useable with 10.5.2.

Reporting a lack of success on this:

eMachine T6528 Has an MSI K8NGM2-L motherboard in it (still using eMachine BIOS, will try MSI soon)

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ CPU

Using the onboard everything (sound, video, lan)

IDE DVD drive, SATA hard drive

Boots up Zephy rev 1 and 2 just fine. Rev1 seems to install ok, but doesn't give me a success screen, just kind of self-reboots at the end. Boots up to a kernel panic. Rev2 gets done installing and pops up a screen telling me that the install failed and my system is not compatible. Upon reboot, the system doesn't try to boot at all.

I selected nvInject 128mb and the nVidia kexts on install. I haven't tried to boot with a -v yet to see exactly where it's freezing up. Guess that's my next step.

Graphics: Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb, qe/ci supported

Mobo: Asus M2N-E SLI nForce 500

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400

Memory: 4GB DDR2 800MHz

Sound: Not working

Nework: Not working

Extra items selected during install:

- Geforce 8800 320mb drivers

- forcedepth network drivers

- Azalea sound drivers

- mbr efi booting

Overall/Summary:

Everything works except audio and network, cpu name not recognised, but.. meh

Notes: I have installed on mbr with the efi mbr fix, can boot in via grub. Needs 'cpu=1' to boot too. Dont think the kernel supports 64bit either.

Has anyone got a nforce 5 mobo and got network drivers working? Looked all over the forum, seems to be highly in demand

im running on a hp pavilion dv9000 with and amd turion 64x2 processor with an nvidia geforce 7150m and i have 4gb of ram....i got zephyroth to install and then rebooted,all worked good except sound and my video card(resolution was messed up)..but when i restart i get an error saying to restart..this happens everytime(ive reinstalled it about 5 or 6 times)any help??

Using Leopard-10.5.2-Amd-Efi, I can boot until I see Installer.

Then I load Disk utility to format partition... but I got no disk or partition to choose! :)

simply a blank window with no device disk inside.

any idea? seems Leopard doesn't support my chipset...

my system:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+

Motherboard: Asus M2V Chipset VIA K8T890, AMD Hammer

Memory: 2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)

BIOS: AMI (04/30/07)

Video: ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO (256 MB)

Hard drive: Western Digital WD5000KS Sata 500 GB

Lan: 3Com EtherLink XL 10/100 PCI (3C905C-TX)