Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

Well I have tried this DVD on all of our computers and the results vary alot.

HP Pavilion TX1020ea tablet => Installs fine on internal SATA drive but does not boot. I've tried several switches.

Asus A6T => Installs fine and seems to run ok. Everything except USB storage seems to be working.

Custom PC (DFI NF4 Ultra-D, Opteron 185, 2GB DDR, MSI Geforce 7900GTO 512MB, Audigy 4 PRO) => Installs fine and boots but does not get any longer than a blue screen. It boots with the command that disables drivers but then network does not work.

Custom PC 2: (DFI NF4 Ultra-D, Opteron 185, 2GB DDR, MSI Geforce 6200TC 256MB) => Everything works except usb storage but it seems drives are powering down once in a while so I disabled parts of the power management.

As you can see I have managed to run this Zepyroth decently on two computers. It's just that USB storage aint working. I don't know why and other usb devices seem to work. Another thing I've noticed is that OSX doesn't seem to like my KVM switch (at least the usb part). I've rearanged my usb devices connected to the switch and it seems to work better.

Ok ive downloaded this but im having difficulty getting it to install.

My Specs are:

cpu: amd athlon 64 3000+

768mb ddr ram

Seagate 20gb ide hard drive

nvidia quadro nvs 280 gfx

i can boot into the installation fine but after about 2 mins of it starting the installation it just brings up a stop message saying it failed because it could not validate the contents of the 'BaseSystem' Package. contact the software manufacturer for assitance.

10.5.2 Rev2 installed smoothly on my Asus A7T-X1 laptop. Video working with NVInjectGO at install, Wifi and LAN working 100%, RAM recognizes as DDR2 333, audio doesn't work (similar chipset to the W3J), and USB does not work when devices aren't attached before boot up. I've tried using a patched IOUSBFamily.kext, but that didn't fix the USB issue.

CPU: AMD Turion64 X2 TL-56 1.8ghz dual core

RAM: 2 gb DDR2 667

HD: 160GB Hitatchi Sata

DVD SuperMulit (Sata?)

Audio: RealTek HDA

Video: nVidia Geforce 7600GO 256mb PCI-e

i have a problem

after installing leopard it doesnt give me the option to boot into leopard. i had selected the option dualboot - windows bootloader as i already have xp installed on my system.. later when i tried to boot into it using boot managers, it says INVALID OPERATING SYSTEM.

ANY IDEAS??

DFI Lan Party NF4 ULTRA-D

AMD 3000 Venice

160 GB SATA Seagate

256 MB 7600GT EVGA

1GB Corsair XMS

I am unable to even reach the install screens (but I'm not giving up)

burned the disc image at 4x on DVD-R

I have tried -v (get to kernel panic for ACPI)

panic (cpu0 caller 0x0042FE3):unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@SourceCode/xnu/xnu-1228/iokit/kernel/IO

also tried acpi=off, got past where it would normally panic on the ACPI, but it just reboots without going any further

I haven't been able to really find a good solution for this.

Anyone with siomilar hardware have any success?

Thanks in advance.

Specs:

Homebuilt System

Mainboard: ECS KV2 Lite (S939)

NB: K8T800 Pro

SB: VIA VT8237

CPU: AMD 64 X2 3600+ (Manchester Core)

SSE/SSE2/SSE3

RAM: 2x512MB Kingston PC3200

Hard Drives: Maxtor 200GB SATA/in IDE mode [Formatted NTFS](Win XP installed)

Maxtor 40GB IDE (set as type AF, not formatted)<--This is where I want to install

Video: ATI X1300 256MB AGP 8x

Audio: Realtek ALC655 (Onboard AC 97)

Network: VIA VT6103L 10/100 (Onboard)

I managed to get the installer running, used cpus=1 -x -v at the Darwin bootloader.

(Hopefully safe mode was what made it work, I need to try it again without the cpus=1 command).

I used Disk Editor to erase and name my install drive, which then appeared in the select disk screen

On the install summary page, I selected Customize, and when i checked/unchecked the various items, it hung up when I clicked on "Done". Got the beach ball, and it was spinning and spinning indefinitely, so I had to reset.

For now, it's too late to mess with it anymore tonight so I booted back into windows, but I have at least made some progress.

Hardware Specs

AMD X2 6000

Asus M2N-2 (Nforce chipset)

2 GIG DDR

GeForce 8800 GTS

2 drives

IDE

drive1s1 OSX

Drive1s2 NTFS

SATA

Drive2s1 Vista

Drive2s2 NTFS

Drive2s3 NTFS

I started with Kalyway, but I couldn't even get the installer to run. So I downloaded Leo4Allv3final and zephiroth and both ran great, installed and everything. However, I got the dreaded HFS+ Partition error and solved that by booting into single user mode and marking that partition active with fdisk. Now, when I try to boot, I get the following... (this is even with the sata drive unplugged).

2z5n0gn.jpg

The options i chose

ToH Kernel 9.2

nvidia kexts

efi mbr

forcedeath

Install goes fine then i get what it shows in screenshot above.

I then tried with -x for safe mode, and it gave me the gray crash screen (you must restart your computer).

I then tried to remove the nvidia drivers by loading in -s and mount -uw / with no added luck.

Would a screenshot of kernel panic from -x help?

Thanks!!

*Sigh*

With Kalyway 10.5.2 AMD/Intel I am able to boot into installer, but none of my SATA internals are seen... install to USB works fine, but have only been able to boot into it once "Mac OS X Version not set" ever since. With Zeph's 10.5.2 r2 I get the rd error on DVD boot for install...

so I figured I'd install to my USB via an AMD desktop... kernel panic with ToH 9.2.0, new install with 9.1.0 being done right now.

If anyone has ideas I'm VERY willing to listeh. Lol. Laptop specs are in my sig...

Acer Aspire 5100

ATI Radeon Express 1100

Turion 64 X2 Mobile 1.6 GHz

2 GB RAM

80 GB HDD

Got it to work! I had to reformat the drive to fat32 and reinstall. With my SATA drive the only way I can get it to boot is to plug in my external USB HD. If I don't it sits and waits. Seems like darwin did not get loaded but no big deal. I will work on that next.

It is a great day!

It's working!

PC: (Acer Mobile) Aspire 3100-1711

Graphics: ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 (working with the 200M mac driver)

Mobo: (Acer Aspire 3100 - Sempron 3500+ 64bits 1.8GHz with 512KB L2 Cache - 1GB DDR2 - 120GB HDD)

Sound: (ACI883) working.

Broadcom, Ethernet, USB ports are working.

Extra items selected during install: the aci883 driver didn't work. I downloaded the drive here and worked.

Overall/Summary: (yes, it's working, so much better then vista 64!)

problem:

1. Sometimes during the installation crashed with some options choosed on extra itens.

2. Diskutil can't verify and repair the installation disk.

3. No HD drive appear in the startup list, is it normal?

4. The screen freezes when ask to restart the system.

About the rest, thank very much for the up!

Mainboard: Asus A8V Deluxe Works!

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2,0 Ghz (Venice) Works!

RAM: 2 x 512 MB 400 Mhz Works!

Video Card: ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition AGP Works!

Audio: E-MU 0404 PCI E-DSP / Creative SB 128bit PCI Works!

Hard disk: HDD Ata Maxtor 160Gb + HDD Samsung Ata 16 Gb + HDD SATA Maxtor 80 Gb Works!

Masterizzatori Ottici: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110D PATA Works!

The only one thing that DO NOT WORK is USB ports! Any suggestion to solve this problem?

Acer Aspire 5040

ATI Radeon Express X200

Turion 64 Mobile 2.0 GHz

1 GB RAM

80 GB HDD PATA

The instalation time: 16 hours. After the 16 hours, the install hang's up remaining 12 minutes. Reboot with out the DVD inside and appears a message: Still waiting for root device. i'm wondering about to try again, but with this install time, i'm scared!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 AM2 6400+

MSI K9A2 Platinum AMD RD790FX Phenom Spider Platform w/4 Fen 2 PCIE-16 Crossfire

4GB Mushkin HP2-6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory

500GB S-ATA II 7200 RPM

ATI Radeon HD3870

ASUS Internal SATA DVD+/- RW + CDRW Rewritable Drive

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Retail Edition

Onboard Gigabit (10/100/1000Mbps) PCI Network Card

I posted my problem here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=104432 but bascally here's the problem. When I boot I'm getting the Apple loading screen with the NOT symbol over it.

I also noticed that when I boot with -s im stuck in a "still waiting for root device" loop.

Acer Aspire 5040

ATI Radeon Express X200

Turion 64 Mobile 2.0 GHz

1 GB RAM

80 GB HDD PATA

The instalation time: 16 hours. After the 16 hours, the install hang's up remaining 12 minutes. Reboot with out the DVD inside and appears a message: Still waiting for root device. i'm wondering about to try again, but with this install time, i'm scared!

You'll have problems with the Express x200 chipset - everyone does. My Compaq laptop uses it too... Video will never work fully and you'll need SB600_400_200 drivers (sorry, ".kexts") for the motherboard chipset to get past the "still waiting for root device". I never got mine fully working even after multiple attempts. If the install goes properly, it shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PC: MD Phenom X4 9500 2,2 GHz

Graphics: Nvidia-Chip Geforce 9500GT (GPU: G96) 256 MB GDDR3-SDRAM 800 MHz

Mobo:

MSI K9A2GM-FD/FIH oem motherboard

AMD-Chipset AMD780/SB700 (ID9600).

Sound: 8-channel-HD-Audio integrated

hdd: Western Digital Caviar GP WD5000AACS sata 500-GB

Extra items selected during install:

nothing only usb keyboard and mouse

my problem ist that i cant install osx becouse it reboots with the zeph 10.5.1 after the darwin kernel boots with this massage:

BSD root: disk0s3, major14, minor 2

syncing disks... killing all processes

with zephs 10.5.2 it reboots like all the other releases after i type enter to boot the darwin bootloader.

but i think the phenom is recognized....

but i dont know why it reboots all the time

:D

Hello everybody

After a lot of work, asking about efi and my amd phehom 2.2 Ghz (I cant never boot efi, allways instant reboot) ...

I restored 10.5.2 amd efi to a usb hd from my laptop, installed darwin boot loader (without efi), and change the extensions mkext with the one from amd 10.5.1, modified iousbfamily to intel one, added nforceata from amd 10.5.2. Boot from usb in amd phenom desktop, installed to a sata hd, the replace kernel with netkas 9.2 kernel, appleacpiplatform, system, appleapic and applesmbios from amd 10.5.1. Install manually darwin bootloader and the result is:

Boot to gui, with loop creation account error. Pass this with -s and passwd root and applesetupdone.

Boot again...

And now I have a 10.5.2 with all working like a charm... and i dont have the 2 minutes wait to gui issue. come in gui very fast.

My specs:

AMD Phenom 2.2 Ghz 4 cores (all cores works)

3 gb ram 667

Asrock aliveNF6P-VSTA (nforce 430 MCP61)

3 HD SATA

DVD RW DL SATA

G80 8800GTS 320 MB QE/CI

Logitech Cordless Desktop

All USB Ports work, conceptronic usb tdt working with eyetv 3, nforce ethernet working with forcedeth-nockd.kext and cretive usb XI-FI working OOB.

Thanks to zephyrot for his good work, and If my experience helps someone, I can say that efi is not the only way.

bye

why dont you make a dvd leopard release for us too so that peaple like me ,who dont know to code or mess with this stuff cann install leopard to an amd phenom too?

i have the amd phenom 9500.

please can you make some dvd that boots with no reboot problems?

i really need that osx

:gun: Hello everybodyAfter a lot of work, asking about efi and my amd phehom 2.2 Ghz (I cant never boot efi, allways instant reboot) ...I restored 10.5.2 amd efi to a usb hd from my laptop, installed darwin boot loader (without efi), and change the extensions mkext with the one from amd 10.5.1, modified iousbfamily to intel one, added nforceata from amd 10.5.2. Boot from usb in amd phenom desktop, installed to a sata hd, the replace kernel with netkas 9.2 kernel, appleacpiplatform, system, appleapic and applesmbios from amd 10.5.1. Install manually darwin bootloader and the result is:Boot to gui, with loop creation account error. Pass this with -s and passwd root and applesetupdone.Boot again...And now I have a 10.5.2 with all working like a charm... and i dont have the 2 minutes wait to gui issue. come in gui very fast.My specs:AMD Phenom 2.2 Ghz 4 cores (all cores works)3 gb ram 667Asrock aliveNF6P-VSTA (nforce 430 MCP61)3 HD SATADVD RW DL SATAG80 8800GTS 320 MB QE/CILogitech Cordless DesktopAll USB Ports work, conceptronic usb tdt working with eyetv 3, nforce ethernet working with forcedeth-nockd.kext and cretive usb XI-FI working OOB.Thanks to zephyrot for his good work, and If my experience helps someone, I can say that efi is not the only way.bye
why dont you make a dvd leopard release for us too so that peaple like me ,who dont know to code or mess with this stuff cann install leopard to an amd phenom too?i have the amd phenom 9500.please can you make some dvd that boots with no reboot problems?i really need that osx
;) Hello everybodyAfter a lot of work, asking about efi and my amd phehom 2.2 Ghz (I cant never boot efi, allways instant reboot) ...I restored 10.5.2 amd efi to a usb hd from my laptop, installed darwin boot loader (without efi), and change the extensions mkext with the one from amd 10.5.1, modified iousbfamily to intel one, added nforceata from amd 10.5.2. Boot from usb in amd phenom desktop, installed to a sata hd, the replace kernel with netkas 9.2 kernel, appleacpiplatform, system, appleapic and applesmbios from amd 10.5.1. Install manually darwin bootloader and the result is:Boot to gui, with loop creation account error. Pass this with -s and passwd root and applesetupdone.Boot again...And now I have a 10.5.2 with all working like a charm... and i dont have the 2 minutes wait to gui issue. come in gui very fast.My specs:AMD Phenom 2.2 Ghz 4 cores (all cores works)3 gb ram 667Asrock aliveNF6P-VSTA (nforce 430 MCP61)3 HD SATADVD RW DL SATAG80 8800GTS 320 MB QE/CILogitech Cordless DesktopAll USB Ports work, conceptronic usb tdt working with eyetv 3, nforce ethernet working with forcedeth-nockd.kext and cretive usb XI-FI working OOB.Thanks to zephyrot for his good work, and If my experience helps someone, I can say that efi is not the only way.bye
why dont you make a dvd leopard release for us too so that peaple like me ,who dont know to code or mess with this stuff cann install leopard to an amd phenom too?i have the amd phenom 9500.please can you make some dvd that boots with no reboot problems?i really need that osx

Ok, so I'm trying to install MAC OSX on my pc...

MY specs are:

AMD 5200+

A-data 2x 1GB RAM

Geforece 5200

Mainboard: Gigabyte M52S-S3P rev 2.0 (has NVIDIA® nForce 520 chipset)

HDD 1 (with XP): 250 GB SATA 2

HDD 2 ( on which i want to install leo): 20 GB ATA drive

I've got the Apple.Mac.OSX.Leopard.10.5.2.AMD.EFI- Zephyroth, created a primary partition, set the ATA drive to MASTER...and I've tried to boot from the DVD.

It hangs out looking like this:http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00549px1.jpg

The problem seems to be that" "AppleNForce ATA: phy connection failed"

or that "Scan for disks found 0"

What should i do... i read here that i should try new kext for sata ?

• 3 weeks later...

DID NOT WORK.

CPU: AMD 5000+

MB: M2N-SLI DELUXE

HDD 1: Maxtor ATA/133 40GB

HDD 2: SATA 750GB

HDD 3: SATA 500GB

HDD 4. SATA 500GB

HDD 5. SATA 250GB

GPU: NVidia 6800 GT

RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) Corsair XMS

Tried installing both Zephyroth's AMD and also Kalyways 10.5.2 Intel/AMD

Got the exact same error:

-AppleNForce ATA: phy connection failed"

-Found 0 units of harddrive connection

-Still waiting for root device

where or what am i doing wrong?

I get to install mac and pick all my drivers and every thing and when it says its done it needs to restart. It restarts then i get nothing but a black screen and a flashing dot :s

My spec is:

Amd 6000+ 3.0ghz

Asus m2n-sli deluxe motherboard

Xfx 9600gt

2gb blackdragen gaming ram.

Some one help me please. Thanks

Ok got mine working now :( Zephyroth R1

PC: AMD 6000+ 3.0GHz Thermaltake VF4000 With Window

Graphics: XFX 9600 GT no drivers for this :angry: cant play videos =(

Mobo: M2N-Sli Deluxe nForce 570 ChipSet

Sound: Yep with the AzaliaAudio Drivers

Extra items selected during install: sorry forgot will update when i re do (Zephyroth R2)

Overall/Summary: works grate just need to sort video card out thats it,

ALSO my wifi worked right away and i didnt install any of them drivers off the disc

ASUS Wireless Lan PCI WL-138gE/WL-138G V2

where can i find some driver for my video card ? :D

I'm trying to get leopard to work on the system in my signature.

I've tried Leo4Allv3 with PPF patch, but that patch breaks the ISO. So, I downloaded Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2 and it has the same rebooting issues with my Phenom.

Also, since the search function here never seems to give me what I want, where can I find the Chameleon patch for this ISO?

Although, It'd be good if someone who has had success could built a Phenom bootable Leopard ISO :)

*ninjaedit* I reckon splitting the Install forums into AMD/Intel would also help a lot. :(

I Finished downloading the Zephyroth's 10.5.2 from the usenets location listed in another thread. I unpacked the files using Parchive with no errors and burned the iso to a dvd using 1X burn speed. When I try to boot off the DVD I keep gettingthe screen that tells me to power off the machine and power back on. How do I get by this? :) Machine Specifications: (Home Grown)OS: MacOSX Leopard 10.5.1 by ZephyrothProcessor: AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+ / MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64Motherboard: MSi K8N-Neo3 Platinum (MS-7025)Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5200Hard Drive: Seagate (160 GB) IDESound card: Realtek AC97 AudioMemory: 1 GB
Try booting in -v and see where it is halting
where or what am i doing wrong? I get to install mac and pick all my drivers and every thing and when it says its done it needs to restart. It restarts then i get nothing but a black screen and a flashing dot :sMy spec is:Amd 6000+ 3.0ghzAsus m2n-sli deluxe motherboardXfx 9600gt2gb blackdragen gaming ram.Some one help me please. Thanks
If you did not install the boot loader make sure your mac partition is set active and pop the zephyroth dvd back into the drive. When you get to the darwin bootloader, wait for time to run out then it should boot into leopard. Best of luck!!!!!!