Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

@mysticusdo sleep functions work for your system?stock acpi with :: none of one efi kernel work for me ;(and can you send me a copy of kalway's applesmbios.kext, thanks!!
sleep function will not work on nforce unless acpi and kernel works together i suppose... since there is no as of yet for nforces, it will not be possible...I used 9.2.0 toh kernel... as linked on my post, and system.kext from original back up folder that came with update...for smbios, i will see what i can do... :)
Random system freeze problem! I have been getting random system freezes where the mouse would sometimes move and everything in the background was frozen. The only solution was a hard reboot.Mysticus: I removed AppleNForceATA.kext like you said in the tutorialModified the plist of appleviaata to my dev id. However, is it the PCI IDE Dual Channel controllers dev id? or Nvdia nForce 430/40 serial ata controllers devid?(I found these in windows like you said).Well first i added PCI IDE dual channels controllers dev id which is 0x026510de in my case.(which makes sense because im only using ide)Rebooted but everything was much slower, ran xbench and got around only 4MB/s not 40MB/s for sequential disk test.I then added the nvidia nforce 430's dev id which is 0x026610de so i had both in rebooted and got a kernel panic. Anyways i reinstalled 10.5.1, it was a fresh install so it did not matter. I'm back with applenforceata and standard appleviata What should i do? What did i do wrong?Thanks for the great guide! and thanks for the patch equate and mysticus!
for your mobo, i m not 100% sure, but you can try adding both ids to the appleviaata.kext if appleviaata supports functionality on your ide channels, it would work, if its not supported, you would end up applepcgenericata kext loads that causes hdds and dvds to work on pio mode... that explains your situation... it may be your system doesnt like ide drives... i cant really say... you can try using only sata drive for osx... and remove your pata controller ids from pata section of the nforceata driver... i removed my sata controller ids bcoz my sata drives are on raid mode and this way my system is working fine...

5) Wait while drivers and system is booting, and keep and eye on error messages.

5 a) if you see an error message saying "SAM MEDIA READ / WRITE failed and continued with Still waiting for root device" or something similar during the DVD boot, it means nforceata driver that is supplied on this DVD is not compatible if you used a SATA DVD Drive, which means you will have to exchange it with PATA (IDE) one.

5 :D If it just says "Still waiting for root device" it is your SATA HDD, is not recognized due to missing DEV ICE id or incompatibility as the SATA DVD drive. Fixing this involves two installations and some editing, no direct solution unless you inject edited nforceata driver to the DVD.

Thats the problem I'm having. Any guides or tips to make it work for me? I have 2 Sata HDD's and a SATA DVD Drive.

I might be able to borrow a IDE DVD drive from work, but I need to know if it will work with my HDD's because Ill have to return the drive back to work before they notice! :P

To muitommy and all other who doesnt know what to do after kalyway update... read below

Download This

these are the needed driver files to be replaced after kalyway update / or original 10.5.2 update...

for kalyway, you only need to replace system.kext from those files...

if kalyways smbios doesnt work for you, grab netkas's smbios... from netkas.org

and

download kernel

this is the kernel needs to be replaced...

after replacing the files dont forget to fix permissions

and at reboot, use f8 and -v -f flags...

@lord: If you read my posts for god sake, please give information about your hardware, and possibly a signature like many others... if you dont know how to: go to control panel section for your account, on the left you will see edit signature... if you dont know what to write, look at my signature for example. get the idea...

people here wouldnt know your hardwares by heart... we are not mediums what you have and what would work on something we dont know of...

@lord: If you read my posts for god sake, please give information about your hardware, and possibly a signature like many others... if you dont know how to: go to control panel section for your account, on the left you will see edit signature... if you dont know what to write, look at my signature for example. get the idea...

people here wouldnt know your hardwares by heart... we are not mediums what you have and what would work on something we dont know of...

all I needed was a friendly push in the right direction. signature updated to better reflect my hardware. :(

Installed without any hitches guys (didn't even need cpus=1). I've not set it up yet however as my PS/2 keyboard isn't working :P I have a USB around some where. As far as i know right now ONLY the ps/2 (and probably wireless) don't work, sound is great, sleep appears to work OK.

As a note to all. On my mobo the install worked ONLY when i used a PATA DVD drive.

I've just installed XP to my other partition now too so i have a fully funtioning PC again :)

@lord: As far as i know AMD has been a no-go for iATKOS.

*EDIT* Oh well turns out i have the currently incompatable RTL8185L chipset for my wireless. I'm going to have to wait for a Mac driver from Realtek

Hey there m8's, I'm just here to show a "little" screencapture, and to say my system is running flawlessly, and I'd like to Thanks once again to Mysticus for all his time and trouble to bring us all a excelent guide and stuff. I'd like to thank all the iAtkos Team that have been doing all the work and made this possible.

So where's the picture of the benchmark

xBench

Peace! ;)

all I needed was a friendly push in the right direction. signature updated to better reflect my hardware.

you have amd cpu... hmm i m not sure if sse2-sse3 kernel u need to use first and not nforce!!!! if i m not wrong...

for the ata drive, i made precautions please read it properly, and experiment the combination yourself to see what is best for your particular system... i can not know it myself what will work for your system better... so it is up to you to test it first... asking me or anyone if it will work or not will not solve it, as noone will know the answer unless someone has same specs as you do... sorry mate also dont take it I am not friendly to help you in he right direction but if you have received as many messages people asking help and no information what they really asking help for, you would be most likely more than annoyed...

see what i mean this way... your car is broken, you call a mechanic, saying you want help, they will want to know what brand model your car is first, if you dont know the information, there is no way the mechanic will help you, probably will pick down the phone on you...

dont think i m joking, i m not, people who are asking help but no information given, is like a joke to everyone... and if u hear the same joke every single time constantly, you get annoyed....

@scotch: you need to read HCL pages in wiki to see what h/w are supported and what not, i cannot know all type of h/w ... before you buy anytg, just check wiki for the HCL so you will get the right stuff...

peace everyone, I m not angry, and still friendly, but a bit annoyed for the same type of questions....

if you want help: make a signature of your hardware profile like the one I have as a guide or anyway you like, and give description of the problem, and read the FIRST TWO POSTS regarding what to knows and what you should know before, during and after installation only then you can get nice answers and we can find a solution....

hello doesn t work at all :( with nforce 4 :(

at boot i have "press enter or f8" ........ it s starting for a random cycle

loading darwin and ......go back " press enter or f8"

with r2,r3 et r3 bad bios :D

if you want help: make a signature of your hardware profile like the one I have as a guide or anyway you like, and give description of the problem, and read the FIRST TWO POSTS regarding what to knows and what you should know before, during and after installation only then you can get nice answers and we can find a solution

@resshin: nice score mate, well done... and good luck with os x...

In terms of updating, is it OK to update iTunes, Time Machine etc? I know the 10.5.2 patch is a no-no.

you can basically update anything, but system updates are a bit tricky, and you need to know what you need to change after the update... so it s better to stick to patched updates or read the guides properly...

on the onterhand, updating softwares should not be a problem, apart from driver updates... if you are using patched drivers and try to update your driver from apple, it may break your working device driver, since it was originaly patched to work...

10.5.2 is up and running...but i've a few little Problems:

- No Sound @ onBoard Sound Chip (haven't found the 10.4.10 Azalia kext for know)

- A "Sticky" or "Bumping" Mousecursor....let me explain this:

I have a Logitech Optical USB Mouse and when i move the Mouse from left to rigth (or somthing) then, after a part of the track, the Mouse Cursor would switch back to the "Start" Position of the Track..u know what i mean? :) And a PS2 Mouse don't work at my System. Any Ideas (patched USB kext or something...)?

Well, I'd like to report a success with my eVGA 680i SLI. Popped in the R3 patched disk, ended up with a "Waiting for root device error", so I moved the SATA drive to channel 1. Rebooted, setup started just fine. Installed just as described here but with NVInject for my 7600GS and RTL8139 drivers for my three dollar NIC from Fry's.

Rebooted, system booted correctly without any flags needed. Imported all of my user data from a Time Machine backup. Logged in, video and sound worked. My RTL8139D worked.

My only issue now is with Time Machine. After starting a Time Machine backup, within the next hour, my system hangs. Audio continues to function for around a minute after (listening to music using mplayer) and then ceases as well. I've browsed through my logs and can't find a line anywhere indicating why the system is hanging, but I can consistantly recreate the problem with running a Time Machine backup. I have since disabled Time Machine and will be hunting the forum for a solution.

I have not upgraded to 10.5.2 but will be doing so tonight with the nForce EFI 93C1 kernel.

Thanks for all of the information Mysticus!

Screenshot of Working Install and XBench

@docX

Azalia Audio

try this

for mouse, i dont know, i dont have the issue... change mouse maybe?

@damnia:

if you want help: make a signature of your hardware profile like the one I have as a guide or anyway you like, and give description of the problem, and read the FIRST TWO POSTS regarding what to knows and what you should know before, during and after installation only then you can get nice answers and we can find a solution

@red haski

time machine have troubles on other systems as well, i dunno why, but there are fixes going around, or just try 10.5.2 update...\

also your signature is old i think :)

:P fixed signature is better :)

@docX

Azalia Audio

try this

for mouse, i dont know, i dont have the issue... change mouse maybe?

Sound works!!! Many Thx for Ur help!

Change Mouse=no Changes..Same Problem

And: My FireWire Port don't recognize any external HDD (in System Profiler it's shown..but no Drive in Finder or Diskutil)

Sound works!!! Many Thx for Ur help!

Change Mouse=no Changes..Same Problem

And: My FireWire Port don't recognize any external HDD (in System Profiler it's shown..but no Drive in Finder or Diskutil)

I dont know the answer for mouse, just a guess as I hear time to time, it may be related to gfx drivers...? sounds like mouse and tearing problem... you may need to update to 10.5.2, maybe it can solve the problem with usb/firewire and mouse stuffs...

after the 10.5.2 update, do the gfx update from software update and this is the place to check after graphics update. when you download the nvinject update, use custom settins and do not select offical update again, as you will be doing it in previous step...

so just select amount of memory your gfx card has, and there you go, most likely may solve your mouse problem, but no idea about firewire/usb issues, as i dont have any...

HP Pavilion tx1221AUAMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 6150(No QE)Touchscreen WorkingBroadcom 4311 (No Working)Sound (No Working)Nvidia Nforce Motherboard.Lan(No Working)can you help me, Mysticus ?

1) your computer is a Laptop

2) I dont think you have nforce mobo... it is nvidia gfx card what you have...

3) this is not a gfx card solving topic, it s OS X installation topic

4) althought i dont know anytg about your stuffs, i can suggest you to update to 10.5.2 if you can, than go here

thats all i can do for you, and you still dont have necessary informations in your problem description...

I have already Installed 10.5.2 (Have a look at my Signature) and the Graphic Update. Will test to reinstall and edit(PCI-ID) the NViject Driver now...Thx.Will come back with results later.....

it s the geforce.kext nvdaresman and hal drivers i think they refer? not nvinject...