[How to] Install 10.5.2 Update [TUTORIAL]

=-Devin-=

509 posts in this topic

boot yr system with -v and check if there is a line with dsmos .... then you are using Dsmos.

I thought when You install EFI you did copy dsmos, smbios, ... to yr system, or may be you just done by what ever guide told!!!!

Why not simply open a terminal and type "sudo grep | dmesg dsmos" ??? Worked for me!

with open source Works fine but after wake up from sleep network fails to get ip

Yeah, that's the drawback, but you can manually do DHCP after wake up, or just use a static IP, like I do. Anyway, just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

I tried to install 10.5.2 update using this method and it was success. But then later i installed the graphics update, which made the screen went black, although the system was still running. I'm using GMA 950 on my laptop.

Is there any solution already?

Thanks KalyWay!

All works!

Thanks again to all!

(Actual Xbench: 113.67)

Can anyone have a working method to enable the vga-out (dual monitor) on an HP dv6137 (NVidia go 7400)?

I maked the graphics update but don't see anything plugged on the exit and the external monitor still black...=(

I have a asus motherboard p5pl2 p-4 3.4ghz HT video card geforce 6600 everthing works fine but i get no audio can someone help me i update to 10.5.2 but still no audio

can someone help please also when i try to do bootcamp says boot rom needs to be update

also get the blank screen for a bit them comes up

did the video card update fine

the 3- 4 mins delay (or black screen) after the circle spin is not related to graphics issue right?

Sorry that i'm gonna sound off on you, but read the friggin posts before asking questions, seriously. NO it is NOT related to the graphics issue: it's related to the KERNEL. If you update the Kernel, the delay goes away. That is all.

all is ok for me !

i just read the tutorial

but, for the question about the kext to replace, that is what i did

before reading the tutorial

to backup my Extension folder

sudo su

[password]

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions_backup

after, i do all the tutorial, and before reboot

sudo su

[password]

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions_backup/AppleSMBIOS.kext /System/Library/Extensions

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions_backup/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions

and i restore the permissions with

sudo su

[password]

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

chown -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

chown -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

hope that can help

Hello and thanks! After a fresh install of Kalyway 10.5.1 (and before any video kext or audio kext) Followed your instructions exactly and it did boot up properly the second time after applying the update.... BUT - once I chose RESTART, I got the update cache with the OK button, and after restarting i got a kernel panick. (hey at least it restarted!!) - so I went into safe mode, and repaired permissions. (it referenced the two kext files from your post in the details) - but this still didn't work (same kernel panic message), so I restarted back into safe mode, and used Kext Helper to install the same two kext files from my backup, and now it boots OK!!

Any ideas what might help prevent the kernel panics in the first place?

And after update, use this ACPIPS2Nub and THIS vanilla ACPIPlatform kext, and put PowerManagement.bundle in /System/Library/SystemConfiguration

PS2_Batt.zip

And for U guys having problem in SystemProfiler download this:

SystemProfiler.zip

Just drag and drop inside /System/Library/

And it should work again

thanks mate, that fixed system profiler for me (somehow it just crashed at opening).

Hi,

I´ve got it working so far with a few problems. After installation I run into Kernel Panics directly after Darwin Bootloader. After one run with -v -x this problem resolved itself. A few other problems (e.g. sound) I got working by reinstalling appleHDA.kext.

Though, two problems remain :

1.) Usb storages not working after update. They are visible in System Profiler but wont get mounted. Usb Mouse presents no problem.

2.) After loading screen (the grey one with spinning wheel) the monitor turns black and keeps black a looong time (about 3 minutes) without really doing anything. Looks dead. Then suddenly the desktop loads and is running with normal speed.

So far I replaced ACPIPlatform, NVinjectGO, kernel (from kalyway 10.5.2 combo, vanilla, 9.1.0 sleep and speedstep), dsmos, asmbios. At last tried IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorageClass from Kalyway install DVD (do not have so original ones from ToH or 10.5.1 update but try to find them.)

If in the meanwhile anybody has an idea regarding these two problems I would appreciate it !

Had exactly the same issue that went away after running a disk repair on the external drive and repairing permissions on the leopard volume. After looking at the system.log there may have been a communication error with the external drive (probably exacerbated by the version mismatch in IOKit). These missing symbols seem to imply a 10.5.2 framework linked to a 10.5.1 (or 0) kext driver.

{censored} stfu. dont talk to me like that. and get your facts stright it is realated to the graphics card. after i installed the new 10.5.2 graphics update. the system starts to hang after the circle spins. so stfu {censored}

I think you could imagine that people instantly stop any attempts to help you out when one starts acting like a 12 year old.

Just a suggestion.......

I followed the guide on the first post using the combo update on my Badaxe2 board. I'm running vanilla kernel and everything is spot-on. NVinject did not work until I installed the Leopard Graphics update though (this is safe to install. It's just new video drivers and OpenGL update).

I thought that PC_EFI allowed you to install updates without any bother. Shame it didn't work for 10.5.2 - anybody know why? I'm thinking that the update nukes dsmos...

Not to mention he is still wrong, but whatever. I won't waste my time with ungrateful asshats like him.

... especially when your answer has helped others with the same issue in other threads.

It does help to read before posting; the forum is getting quite cluttered with people asking the same questions without looking through the threads or hitting the search button.

'nuff said.

forgive me for sounding stupid.. but i hav installed the 8600GT kext using nvinstall.. now if i follow the above steps, could i get a problem?

do i need to remove the nvinstall kexts since 10.5.2 has final kexts for the same? pls be considerate, i am pretty new to leopard.. and i just wish to prevent a re-installation..

also, could someone point the link to a changelog for 10.5.2?

EDIT: found a changelog, posting it here: Click Me