[How to] Install 10.5.2 Update [TUTORIAL]

=-Devin-=

509 posts in this topic

Has anyone experienced Blank Screen After Install?? (KALYWAY 10.5.2 ComboPatch)

1. Installs Perfectly

2. Restart

3. Mac Logo Loading Screen comes up

4. Screen Goes blank Monitor light blinks

My Question is Do I have to wait a while, people say its Kernal related if so do I update the kernal before or after installation? please help if you can I'd really appreciate it!

Excuse me if I quote one of my favorite games of '07 here: "This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS!"

I am now running Mac OS X 10.5.2, with Vanilla Kernel 9.2 (Yup the updated one!), GUID, EFI and all that stuff! Just wanted to report to all of you that on my system (check specs in my Signature) I just did the following:

1) Procure the necessary files: Search at "The Bay" (You know, where everybody says "Yarr!", drink Grog and eat oranges to fight scurvy) for the files: you are looking for Kalyway's ComboUpdate for 10.5.2 as well as the other file, the Updated Kernel (I can't link here, but do a search for "kalyway" for the first file, and a search for "kernel" for the second file - make sure you sort by date so you can find it easily ;) )

2) Once you have the files, BACKUP ANY IMPORTANT DATA - Everything in Hackintosh is YMMV, so if you are playing the game, might as well know the rules. Only once you've done this, you can proceed to installing the Combo Update (KalywayUpdCombo10.5.2.pkg) - Yes there are other files in your download, don't worry about them.

3) Once that's done and it asks you to restart, leave the window open and open up Disk Utility. Why? Because repairing permissions is never a bad idea. I don't know if it's necessary, but I did it and my system is working perfectly with no hitches.

4) Restart your system by clicking the Button. Once you do this, you'll see the Apple Screen, and after a long while, the system will reboot. THIS IS NORMAL! Don't panic! Once it reboots, it'll stay in the Apple Screen again, and then everything will go black. Very black. The system will stay that way for several minutes (some people say up to 3-4 minutes, it was about 2-3 for me), but after that period in which no doubt you've been holding your breath, you'll see the Blue desktop signaling that it lives! And after a few moments, your wallpaper will pop up and congrats, you are now in 10.5.2! :D

Now, if you don't want the new Kernel, you are done here. Go make yourself a sandwich. If you do want to install the new Kernel though, do the following:

5) After doing all of above, crack open the new "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg.zip" file. Inside there'll be a file called "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg". Run this, and you'll have 2 options. Select the appropriate for your system - there's a description when you select either that'll help you chose. In my case, I chose the first one for Vanilla Kernel.

6) Reboot when prompted. It'll boot back into your desktop, no fuzz, and you'll have the 9.2.0 Darwin kernel. Congratulations! YOU NEW KING OF FIGHTERS!

So there you have it. Mind you, I have not installed the Graphics Update yet, not until I hear some confirmation that it won't screw up my Install. But if you are not hard pressed for that Graphics Update, those are the steps I followed to get my system to be up-to-date to the latest version of OS X, with the latest Kernel.

Hope that helps any of you! Cheers and good luck!

Thank you!! worked for me, I was looking for instructions for ages, this is by far the best and easy to follow :).

I now using the iATKOS v1.0i original kernel + EFI can i just updating using software updater inside leopard?
EFI lets you run on Vanilla kernels and update OSX, but Apple will try to stop you from doing so by recognizing that you're not using true Apple hardware and setup the update to completely trash your Leopard install with things like "Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext". You cannot use the software updater to install 10.5.2 because it will reboot your system before you can apply your terminal tricks to prevent a massive crash.

Even with EFI, you *must* install 10.5.2 either by using this guide with a downloaded DMG from Apple.com or obtain Kalyway's ComboUpdater and Kalyway's Kernel Update from the usual sources. Smaller updates are usually never a problem especially thanks to EFI, but always keep in mind that any update can damage or kill your Leo install so backup frequently and be alert.

Please don't post links to pirated software its enough to give people a hint were to look and it will only result in this thread being deleted.

Personally I want insanelymac to keep hosting OSX86 stuff and its not a good idea to jepodise that.

hi

i am trying to update from fresh installed Kalyway 10.5.1

while installing i followed all the steps accordingly but dint get /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext line

instead of /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext i found this line

kextload "/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext"

so i dint have anything to replace. and i rebooted.. and after that i got kernel panic. i re-installed 10.5.1 and tried again. same problem. what else i can do now?? regards

I have the iAtkos v3 patched on a 680i nvidia chipset. I ran the Kalyway 10.5.2 updater and then the Kalyway 10.5.2 kernel updater and chose the modified darwin 9.2 kernel. I did repair permissions between both installs and the only way I can boot from the HD is with cpus=1. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Success after 3 re-install. It was pretty straight forward at the end. I dint have Dont Steal Mac line in my file. So i dint have to replace it. I dint do any kext backup and restore. System just restarted once after the upgrade aprocess and dint take even a minute. Now its running fine 10.5.2. Thnx guyz for ur supports.

1) iATKOS 1.0 installed.

2) following what described here.

3) reboot with -v

Package 0 didn't get an HPET

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x....) "No HPETs available... CPU(s) configured incorrectly...AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

any way to fix, thanks !

I had the same problem. I also could not get past the sky blue screen after rebooting. I restored the following kexts and frameworks, which were updated on Graphic Uptedate, from my backup, and it can boot normally.

/System/Library/Extensions/

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

/System/Framework/

CoreVideo.framework

/System/PrivateFramework/

CoreMediaAuthoringPrivate.framework

CoreMediaIOServicesPrivate.framework

CoreMediaPrivate.framework

FWAVCPrivate.framework

How did you restore them?

Did you restore them before rebooting? Or after reboot? If after reboot, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Right, i downloaded it, followed the intructions, but after the combo pack installed the please reboot screen appeared, i was unable to click on terminal, and from what i could see, i saw allot of permission denied in the terminal windows =[

Any ideas? -> re-installing now, because i screwed it all up =[

Hi all.

I have iATKOS v1.0ir2 installed on my Gigabyte 965-DS3. I have a Core 2 Duo CPU. I've been running 10.5.1 with a Vanilla kernel and EFI with no issues.

I followed the instructions in the original / first post TO THE LETTER. I ran the while loop to delete AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext. I verified by looking in the Extensions directory that it was properly deleted. I also properly edited and saved the boot-time file from Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext to dsmos.kext.

After all was done, I copied and replaced a LOT of .kexts that I had backed up that I felt like I would need. I apparently got carried away, because I'm seeing from this thread that most only copied and replaced a few kexts.

On restart, I got a kernel panic. It's this one:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x00430ce1) : "Unable to find driver for this platform: : \"ACPI\". \n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.3.13/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatforme.cpp :1407

Debugger called : <panic>

I have been able to boot in single user mode, so I tried fsck -fy and rebuilding the kext cache, but haven't had any luck. I'm guessing I replaced too many updated kexts with old ones and that's why I'm getting kernel panics.

I'm assuming I somehow need to get back into OS X and reinstall the update and this time only restoring the kexts I absolutely need.

Any ideas?

Yep. Tried -f and -x, no luck on either one. It finds the boot device, but then it just sits there. Doesn't seem to be locked up, just doesn't do anything either.

Mmmm.

A reinstall might be needed. Unless we can find the real kext causing a problem, then we cant do anything. If we know which one, then we can delete it and replace it.

Do you remember what kind of kexts you replaced?

Did you make a backup of all the kexts before upgrading?

Do you use Time Machine?

Mmmm.

A reinstall might be needed. Unless we can find the real kext causing a problem, then we cant do anything. If we know which one, then we can delete it and replace it.

Do you remember what kind of kexts you replaced?

Did you make a backup of all the kexts before upgrading?

Do you use Time Machine?

I did make a backup of all kexts. No Time Machine. I replaced a lot of kexts, can't even remember all of them. It looks like I'm boned, I'll just plan on doing a reinstall tonight.

I did make a backup of all kexts. No Time Machine. I replaced a lot of kexts, can't even remember all of them. It looks like I'm boned, I'll just plan on doing a reinstall tonight.

Sorry man Make sure this time to backup all kexts, and to also replace any ABSOLUTELY NEEDED. Say, like me, you added one for graphics and sound, just replace those. You don't need to replace all of them to have the update work.

I'll be here if you need any more help.

I can also be contacted at my hackintosh email:

hackintosh.devin@gmail DOT com - Just make DOT a period. :( (Prevents bots for getting my email)

Thanks for the guide. I installed the update on a TOH leopard 10.5.0 directly. The system successfully updated to the 10.5.2 version without any problem.

I have a Dell Latitude D620. However, neither the network nor the wireless works for me from the beginning. Everything else is fine.

thanks Devin for your great help before and after updating my D830 hackbook to 10.5.2!

was a little scary with the keyboard, mouse, battery and sound not working but hey, we (you!) did it!

CHEERS! from Eday, Netherlands

Yep. Tried -f and -x, no luck on either one. It finds the boot device, but then it just sits there. Doesn't seem to be locked up, just doesn't do anything either.

I had the same problem. Just replace IOATAFamily.kext with the previous one. It worked for me! :dev:

Note that I have used the "-x" option for the first boot anyway.

Good luck!

Hey,

I am currently running a 10.5.1 iAtkos, with x86 boot loader, dont have EFI installed, intalled 10.5.2 update as written but could not start the OS after reboot in any mode. Can anybody please help, if there is any other method to be followed in my case.

Dual Core2.8, 2 Gb, 256 NV8600 GT

Thanks