HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

I am italian , i come from sicily and i'm an electronic engineering student...... guys i think that there's a patch changing the wireless kext from installation process to boot....that's why wifi doesn't work after boot.....

i'll try v2....and i wish audio will work!!!!

gnight!!!

@ Wyzazz

How are you mate !

Do you have the not booting issue when not plugged in?

Mine boots up fine but in verbos mode -- it still gets stuff -- where it normally does - slide to power and lepord loads up just fine.

those key things like sound and screen calibration would be Nice ! ;) I ve requested someone who has the same pc . to see if he can come up with anything lets see.. . m alos trying to see .. what can be done...

Also while at this - i dont mind the berbos mode -- but is it possible to make it load where it doesnt get stuck and loads up like a normal Looking loading screen? Thnx in advance .

@Mass-Face

Thanks for all your work, I will do some research tomorrow to see what I can find as far as the video kext's are concerned.

@jessec

I don't think there is anything (that I know of) that we can do to get away from the Power Switch press when we boot I believe that's an incompatibility with the Phoenix BIOS ( I have to hit my power button 2X). But I know that there are boot switches you can place in the com.apple.boot.plist file to make a normal install boot up in verbose mode, you may want to look at that file to see if the -v switch is tacked on anywhere in there. I will take a look at mine tomorrow and let you know what I find.

Hi.

Well.... it is all working now... I haven't had time to test everything, but I have sound (as you've all said, without volume control, but nevertheless sound), I have multiple screen resolution support, wifi, etc... even the power management bundle issue (no battery level indicator) is solved.

There is, however, one important missing capability which, must I say, is the very reason I was trying to get Leopard to work on the tablet. And that is the ink (handwriting) capabilities. Since I installed the TX1000 package (which worked wonders is every other respect!!) my INK preference pane dissappeared and I cannot get any handwriting function to work... the tablet does have the touchscreen sensitivity active, but does not allow writing... If anyone has any ideas on how to restore this functionality... that would be IT!!!

Thanks a lot...

Go to the Wacom site and install some of their drivers, or TabletMagic should work as well. Whether or not you have the hardware, installing those packages should enable your inking. Tomorrow, I should be able to post the drivers if you still need them.

Ahh i see.. thats cool - i will mess around with the Boot stuff.. but i think verbos is ok too .

Most stuff works Flawlessly - Hell i even pwned my iPhone :D . Only a few things don't work sound and touch.

. i am going to mess wit wacom drivers and see if anything good comes out ..

Lil screnny

blue.jpg

@jessec: In my package i wrote that you have to enable first ink! Otherwhise it would disapper in the system preference!

Now you have to search the ink.app and run it! Then enable it (first checkbox)

@wyazz: No, no answer from Taruga! I will ask him again if he has time to take a look on it!

Has anyone gotten the Broadcom wireless working on Leo4All v3? It worked fine for me until I had to boot with the -f flag to repair extensions in order to get native resolution working. The card is recognized but as a "Third Party Wireless Card". I cannot connect to any wireless networks. I have tried all the kexts posted so far to no avail. Thanks for all your help. You have made my tx1000 an almost complete MacTablet!

My specs:

HP tx1000

2.0 GHz AMD Processor

2.0 GB RAM

Broadcom 4311 Wireless

You know the rest...

-psjm1

Insanely Fellows.... Ha, Ha.

I think the sound issue isn't related with the Realtek Updates but HP Bios Update.... I didn't have to much time last week, but yesterday I found a forum where someone open his TX to change the thermal compound, and another guy said someting about the "lates" HP firmware update in order to improve the overheatting issue. I install it and suddenly my HP-MACblet sounds gone.

I will try to obtain the PC Wizard 2008 specification from the show window tablet's -if the salesman allowme :D - and compare it with my new ones. Becasue the old ones shows some PCI devices including the sound an now it doesn't.... another case for the Twilight Zone :P

If some one could share the specifications from the mother board and sound to compare, just to have some useful tools to Taruga instead of botther him every minute :)

Has anyone gotten the Broadcom wireless working on Leo4All v3? It worked fine for me until I had to boot with the -f flag to repair extensions in order to get native resolution working. The card is recognized but as a "Third Party Wireless Card". I cannot connect to any wireless networks. I have tried all the kexts posted so far to no avail. Thanks for all your help. You have made my tx1000 an almost complete MacTablet!

My specs:

HP tx1000

2.0 GHz AMD Processor

2.0 GB RAM

Broadcom 4311 Wireless

You know the rest...

-psjm1

I have a TX1410US with the Broadcom 4328 WIFI chip.

Nope I had to go back to the Leo4Allv2. One might be able to get the IO80211Family.kext from the v2 disk and install it on a v3 installation. I have not tried that yet. By the way the v3 install does have

properly working sound.

On another issue, is it possible to get a BIOS installed that will work proberly with Leopard? As I understand it a lot of the issues, maybe even the no QE/CI issue, are caused by HP's crappy BIOS.

Alex

@jessec

Here are those drivers I spoke about...

Wacom 5.05-3

Wacom 6.05-3

Tablet Magic

They re-enabled inking on my tx2000z for me, as well as giving me some new options in the System Preferences window. Albeit useless options since they can't see the Wacom Digitizer that I have.

@the_29

Thanks for your persistence and work.

@Alex

I don't know that I'm brave enough to possibly "brick" my laptop by attempting to flash a nonstandard BIOS on it. My pair isn't quite that large.

Maybe it craps, but as a Window$ friend it work only in it, but in Linux and MAC it don't, the overheat issue still happend..... and I miss the sound in MAC :) .... any way i use it only to xperiment the "think different" XP-rience, becuase since my first install i have a lot of issues and without QE/CI I can't say "Vista has gone through the Windows".

Maybe it craps, but as a Window$ friend it work only in it, but in Linux and MAC it don't, the overheat issue still happend..... and I miss the sound in MAC :) .... any way i use it only to xperiment the "think different" XP-rience, becuase since my first install i have a lot of issues and without QE/CI I can't say "Vista has gone through the Windows".

Ubuntu 8.04 linux works fine except for the touch screen.

interesting thing with me is on my install of leo4allv2 my azealia audio would not install correctly, from v2 dvd and taken from v3 dvd, but in v3 it went would any problems.

also as a side note i may not be able to help anymore because my laptop was stolen at school.

@Alex

I still have been unable to make my Lappy unstable. With the exception of testing things out for QE/CI. Which I have had absolutely no luck with.

Maybe you could run a HD test and RAM test from the BIOS? It does take quite a while though. You could possibly have some underlying issues. Or maybe your HP is just allergic to OSX?

@Alex

I still have been unable to make my Lappy unstable. With the exception of testing things out for QE/CI. Which I have had absolutely no luck with.

Maybe you could run a HD test and RAM test from the BIOS? It does take quite a while though. You could possibly have some underlying issues. Or maybe your HP is just allergic to OSX?

Thanks... Maybe some sort of overheating...I will try the memory and HD test.

Alex

no doubts now...installed v2 ....wireless working very good....sound working but without volume control...battery icon doesn't work..it is almost complete......

so v2 problems .....sound control and power management

v3 problems .....wifi

naturally we're waiting for qe-ci

i'm starting to test kexts v2>v3 and v3>v2...... what i know is that:

1 if u try to install older kexts automatically(pkgs) they will not install....if u do manually u'll get kernel panic (so it's impossible to install v2 kext in v3 )

2 v3 patches a little better the stability of the system(boot is 50 percent faster,pwr management works very good) but it create problems with wifi 'couse it changes something like management-recognizing of devices.....trying to fix audio controls and advanced powermanagement , i firstly changed kernel using new kernels of v3 in v2....nothing happened(nothing changed) ---then i tried to install alc , apic , alcfix , apicfix and powermanagement kexts from v3 dvd in v2 ....what happens is that system boot but after booting wifi doesn't work (doen't find any network)...ps2 mouse and keybord were unrecognizeable ....fortunately i could use touchscreen.....i tried to install earlier kext but as i say ...it din't let me do this.....so 1 of theese kext could be the problem of wifi issue in v3.....

then i installed the other kext of v3 amdleo .... os install.....leopatches.....etc..... and the result was "apple.boot....plist....." not found before boot.....

so tomorrow i'll try to install again v2 then i'll replace nforce.kext and forcedeth wirh v3 one....to see what happens.....

what i want is to understand what changes make azalia drivers work very good in v3 and not in v2 and what changes make wifi work in v2 but not in v3... what i hope is that theese 2 things are disconnected... or we will never have our full working hp txapple (not immediately however)....

let me know what u think and if u think i could try something ....just tell me what it is and i'll try it.....

byebye

no doubts now...installed v2 ....wireless working very good....sound working but without volume control...battery icon doesn't work..it is almost complete......

so v2 problems .....sound control and power management

v3 problems .....wifi

naturally we're waiting for qe-ci

i'm starting to test kexts v2>v3 and v3>v2...... what i know is that:

1 if u try to install older kexts automatically(pkgs) they will not install....if u do manually u'll get kernel panic (so it's impossible to install v2 kext in v3 )

2 v3 patches a little better the stability of the system(boot is 50 percent faster,pwr management works very good) but it create problems with wifi 'couse it changes something like management-recognizing of devices.....trying to fix audio controls and advanced powermanagement , i firstly changed kernel using new kernels of v3 in v2....nothing happened(nothing changed) ---then i tried to install alc , apic , alcfix , apicfix and powermanagement kexts from v3 dvd in v2 ....what happens is that system boot but after booting wifi doesn't work (doen't find any network)...ps2 mouse and keybord were unrecognizeable ....fortunately i could use touchscreen.....i tried to install earlier kext but as i say ...it din't let me do this.....so 1 of theese kext could be the problem of wifi issue in v3.....

then i installed the other kext of v3 amdleo .... os install.....leopatches.....etc..... and the result was "apple.boot....plist....." not found before boot.....

so tomorrow i'll try to install again v2 then i'll replace nforce.kext and forcedeth wirh v3 one....to see what happens.....

what i want is to understand what changes make azalia drivers work very good in v3 and not in v2 and what changes make wifi work in v2 but not in v3... what i hope is that theese 2 things are disconnected... or we will never have our full working hp txapple (not immediately however)....

let me know what u think and if u think i could try something ....just tell me what it is and i'll try it.....

byebye

maybe I didnt catch it or not. but incase you didnt say it, is there a way at all that you could just creat a "v4" useing all the working parts of v2 and v3? may a specialized tx1000 series leo4all disc? o.0; that is possible right?

@Tsukasa

If someone knows how to make an OSX Install Disk and would like to share the knowledge, or knows of a tutorial online somewhere, I will be happy to give it a shot. I would love to have 1 disk to simplify this whole process.

@wyzazz

I will try and do a lil research then. I am sure its possible considering... there are some custom builds going around... obviously "leo4all" if I find it we may be able to get all the best drivers from each version preset into place and some other apps (well I plan to make a disc with the apps I use most preset atleast and icon sets. if I dont reply with the solution tonight, I am either passed out form no sleep (damn work) or still looking.

~Kasa

it's a great idea making a "leo4txxxxseries" ... ithink it shouldn't be hard starting from a good base dvd image like leo4allv2 and deleting some unuseful kext and put inside useful one , then changing the install wallpaper and some logos.... as i saw with my experience (thanks to wyzaz that told me how to make visible the dvds)even during installation everything is based on packages full of kext......they are in dvd/system/installation/packages ..... the common packages are a basic.pkg exentials.pakg osinstall.pakg and few others.... one of this kext(i don't remember wich one now) is the biggest file inside the dvd....it is 2.5gb and it installs all the basic folders and kext of leopard(i think they are the original) ...then all the other pkgs in the folder above modifies the original kexts to make the system work with all the third party devices(graphic-chipset-network) or to solve some particular hardware or software problem(like fixes etc...) or language packages and kernel packages...

if there's no need to make a completely new installation dvd (i think there's no need)

i think we could just add or delete packages with the same name customizing them as we want...and make the one we want as default choice of the installation dvd.....

so i think we should firstly fix every problem....(sound , wifi , qe\ci,power button boot) or at least fully working sound and wifi ....and then we can make the dvd....

today i'll do some experiment ...i have few hours..... i have to understand what kext/packages changes from v2 to v3 ....

maybe someone could please ask to the leo4all makers??????who they are????

i'm with u all!!!!

I was poking around yesterday and found this post. Maybe Eddie11c could share his method for creating the OSX Install Disk?

I think I'll ask...

Also, I second the motion of starting with the Leo4Allv2 disk, and modifying the packages as needed.