HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

thanks the_29, i will give those drivers a go. at least we now know for certain what the problem is and a possible fix. i'm gonna try messing round with CI/QE too. in all likelyhood i don't think we'll get it working THAT easily. i used to have a laptop with an ATI x200 (also integrated) and from what i've read they still haven't made any progress on acceleration. and i got rid of that about a year ago. i also think leo4all v3 might be worth a try. there were some fixes for nforce users mentioned, maybe we will be able to boot without AC? it's a long shot but worth a look at.

Marc

Well, as i wrote in this thread before, most of ppl are #%&$§! and when their system is running they never come back again..

So, the topic creator isnt in this forum anymore (or for a long time). So we/I cannot edit his post!

A solution would be, that we make a new thread with the tx1000 files.

But i put the dl link in my signature, so that users who just read the last page see the package too :(

And when we have the final solution (sound working everywhere and QE/CI support) we can make a new thread or ask the admin to edit the first post ;)

I have another question! Is the sleeping mode working at your machines?! When Mac OS goes sleeping (or when i push the Power button on the remote control) it never wake up again.. I just can power off the machine by holding the power button for some seconds :unsure:

Yeah mine won't sleep as well. THe only way to get out of it is to power off. I set the power management settings to never wether on battery or ac power.

Alex

Hey guys.

Im trying to install leopard 10.5.2 on my hp pavillion tx1218ca. As i boot from the dvd and the apple logo comes up i get no response. i hav 2 press my power button for it to continue. after about a minute my laptop jus restarts and everything starts over from the begining.Can anyone help me with this plZZZZZ... :(

thanks in advance.........

I really don't know, I been trying all these tricks since my first install but nothing could help me to get the QE/CI. I wish we have the source code of the NVinject but we need some specifications from Nvidia Go 6150 wich are unavailable.

I started to modify the source code I found of the ForceDeth.kext -to prevent frezzes- and it give some clues about the project, but i didn't try to create or modify somethin for the graphic card, I think is hard way to walk through in order to get QE/CI, but there are a lot of manuals in Apple about the kext, drivers and kernel: Apple Darwin Guides and the Introduction to Kernel Extensions guide.

Also Is a very good idea, start a new thread for HP TX1000 & TX2000 models, where you can control all the files and links for the improvements you already have.

Finally I still have issues with my Leo4All :( , the md5 is right and i check the Id's for the SATA but it install, doesn't like my tablet, if I can't install for friday, i will ask you some help :)

Since I have a one of the earlier post on the first page of the thread, and people seem to still be downloading the quick installation guide I made, I will put everything that has been done together in that first post. If someone decides to start a new thread and operate it that would be better.

I'm planning on creating a thread to help other dv6000 users like myself using AMD processors. Just to let you know, massface's kexts worked for me as well. It's the same Geforce Go 6150 (id 0x0244) so any progress I make, I'll try to post here. If you guys don't have sound working, you could try using AzaliaAudio which worked for me right away. :(

Let's get this QE working. >:P

Well i have 93% and 58KB down and 30KB up! I need ~1hour for finishing!

But my system is running quite well and i have installed many things, so i dont know if i replace it. (But i think i will do, because of my not working sound problem :D)

And the new driver in Vista didnt work for me!

The AppleHDA and ALCinject won´t load during startup!

So i decided to boot with -s mount / and kextload HDAudio.kext. Then i got a kernel panic (@mass-face: you said when you load HDAudio.kext you got detected device ids? So i think we have not the same sound card :D)

Then i loaded in -s mode the AppleHDA and ALCinject (from your package mass-face) and i got an error that IOHDAFamily.kext and AppleHDAController is not correct installed?!

Do you know what to do here? Or in which file i can put the kextload commandos during startup? Is there any rc file which i can modify? (i am a linux user too and in linux you have your rc runlevels where you can modify/add things on startup)

Edit: I have the leo4allv3 now! But i think i cannot test it today, because i will go to the gym tonight!

@ the_29, sorry, i didn't mean with HDA audio.kext. i meant with the HDA patcher i got detected speaker but no layout information. sorry for not being clear. i decided to wipe everything and just have leo installed to see if i could get sound and now i have nothing still. so somehow installing vista completely ruins sound on the mac side of things. i've tried leaving the battery out over night but nothing. could we really have lost sound totally on this laptop just by trying to dual boot? that seems a little unlikely. we have so much else working... this is so annoying.

Marc

WTF?!

You completly removed Vista but you stil have no sound? And before you installed Vista you had sound?!

This is really weird..

And is the ALCinject loading or not during startup? Because on my machine, it is not loaded! Just when i load it during boot, i got errors! Otherwhise it wont load!

And when did the AppleHDAPatcher detect ids in pathmap? With my device.txt file? Because at my machine it won´t detect anything (except the spdif out) but nothing in the pathmap section.

I have Leo4Allv3 burnt to disk, I am booting it in my tx2000z right now. I will post my results later...

Looking forward to your results as I am on tx2000 as well.

Following all instructions above (on leo4all v2), I am left with only the sound issue (as major) and proper video drivers (as minor) - as I have the native resolution on.

I have read the improvements in leo4all v3 vs v2 and don't see our sound been fixed by trying v3, so I'll stick to v2 for now.

Yep, the v3 won´t help us with our sound problem!

But what i read, is that the Powermanagement.bundle and the lan driver is built in.

But nothing about sound or QE/CI for our graphic card!

Edit: I just searched a little bit in the board and discovered this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=geforce+go

And it seems to be, that i always edited the Device ID wrong! I put VENDOR_ID_GRAPHIC_CARD_ID and not GRAPHIC_CARD_ID_VENDOR_ID.

I will give this another try :D

But what i read is, that

yep, removed vista totally and still have no sound. but it worked fine the first time i wiped my laptop and installed leo. mad eh? lol. i can't think of anything i've done differently from that time to this either. so it's a complete mystery. i have tried EVERYTHING, even resetting the bios. alcinject is actually loaded though. i can see it under the extensions part of system profiler. just AppleHDA.kext isn;t loading. i really don't understand what's happening here. has anyone tried leo4allv3 yet? it's gonna take me forever to download so haven't bothered yet. just wondering if the improved kernel and ACPI/APIC stuff make any difference to us booting from battery?

Marc

Okay, after 9 installs of the Leo4All v3 disk it's frozen at the same portion of the install every time. I get to where the installer says 3 hours remaining, then it freezes. I tried different kernel options, different drivers, etc... ...nothing seems to change that. I am reinstalling v2 and will try to apply some of these patches via the disk to see what the results are.

Anyone else want to give this a go??? I'm feeling a little defeated...

Oho!

I will pack them into the package!

I installed the about mac.pkg and yes my cpu is correctly shown now.

But what does this firewire.pkg? It removes your firewire kexts or install them new?

It moves your firewire kext's to a folder in the root of the drive called firewire. Since we con't have firewire on our lappy's it's one less set of kext's we need OSX to process on bootup. If you get a firewire card later just re-install the kext's with the Kext Helper.

Has anybody with a tx2000 successfully calibrated their screen?

For me the touchkit isn't working. I've been searching forever to get this to work. I can't get tabletmagic to calibrate the touch screen either.

@Rakko

I have not been able to calibrate mine either, Touchkit doesn't recognize the type of touchscreen, nor do any of the various Wacom drivers I've tried, or TabletMagic for that matter. We may be out of luck until this type of touchscreen get's a Macintosh driver, or until some GURU decides to buy a tx2000. It's a fairly new technology so it might take a little while.

@the_29

Any luck with the "VENDOR_ID_GRAPHIC_CARD_ID and not GRAPHIC_CARD_ID_VENDOR_ID" stuff?

I will be trying some more of the packages out from the v3 disk tomorrow.

So, i updated the 1000pack and added the AboutThisMac.pkg and the FireWire.pkg!

And yes i tried to change the vendor IDs but it seems to be that the system hangs up on booting!

You have to put the IONDRV*kext in the extensions folder back again. I didnt remove the macvidia! I will try this tonight.

I think we have no luck with QE/CI support soon! I read many posts in different forums but it seems that no dedicated memory (TC) just works with macvidia!

only GPU with dedicated memory can work with titan method (and NVinject, NATIT, nvidiaEFI)

GPU using only shared memory just can't work with Apple drivers, so Macvidia is the only thing which may work.

Does macivida provides QE/CI support?!

Edit:

I think the issue with onboard GPU like GeForce 6100/6150 (MCP51, nforce 410/430) is that GPU does not have dedicated memory. It uses system memory and I bet OS X does not know how to deal with this. It might be possible to allow system memory to GPU using the same settings as GMA 950, but I wouldn't know how to do it...

Edit2: Maybe this works? But where to set?

Not sure why onboard nforce 410/430 series does not work properly. Maybe it needs (at least) to have VRAMmemsize fixed to the value set in BIOS for VRAM.

Edit3:

For the sound issue i found this here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

Has somone a AppleAC97Audio.kext/AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext for me?! I dont have the DVD by me and i want to test it :angel:

Edit4: OK, found this thread here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36886 :)