HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

Nafreyu i agree with u .... my 3 PC with leo4allv2(tablet and 2 desktop) have all the azalia not working natively(while v3 works in all).... then i use that stupid program extension reapair and reboot and azalia work...then 4 the tablet i insatalled all the tx1000 package except alcinject and applehda with pacifist...

but evidently it doesn't work in all pc tx series.....

@jessec sorry but i didn't understand what u asked to me...if u can explain..(sorry for my english)!!..thanks

Sorry, but i didn't get it.

I guess it doesn't work in every lap but we need to figure why it works in that way, it suppose that every lap have the same core, but wit improvementes and fixes.

So we need to get the core to make it replicable....

i had same problem with other kext with zephyrot rev2 ....so i think extensions errors after installation aren't rare....maybe who made the installation dvd concentrate on a problem to fix it and made other problems(like in leov3 with wifi...how is it possible that wifi works in v2 and not in v3) so repairing the permission in the correct way makes extensions work!when u say core u talk about OS or Hardware??@Naf what tx is yours ?

random question. I was messing with the booting, set the -v to be off so now it shows the apple logo instead. anyways when it gets to the graphics part of it and loads up the rez. it starts to flicker, does the same thing on the login window. I'm not the only one am I?

(sorry for all the stuipd questions lately, I am just trying to optimize what we do have working at this point.)

It will flicker until the native resolution is turned on after you login.

Mine became unstable again (apps trying to write into kernel reserved memory, WTF). Everything started crashing. I have the TX1410US, maybe some hardware is not really supported correctly (Broadcom 4328 Rev 03).

Any movement on the QE/CI front?

Alex

i have some problems sometimes when booting vista ...blue screen.....and the vista system is slower than before..

1 flick of the display on white apple before complete booting of leopard... nothing else.... (apple is installed on external usb hd,vista on internal sata)

yesterday i was so happy after i made azalia audio work on leov2 that i bought apple wireless keybord and mouse....i connected the tx1020ea to a 32" display....and ....wow...the keyboard is the best keyboard i have ever seen....everything works so fine..wifi is supreme..i think if we'll get qe ci working on this system i'll buy a mac mini for the happiness...front row is a must have.... i just can't suffer problems between vista and leopard!

Sorry guys.... I have the F.1D BIOS version working with sound, the latest is a fix for the overheat issue (F.1E) and i have to prove each one of the older versions for the TX1000 models to be sure wichs version works and wich not.

• F.18 Works
  • F.1C Works
  • F.1D Works
  • F.1E DOES NOT WORK

@the_29 And with core i mind try to figure it out :P why the lates bios F.1E doesn't work and why the same bios works wit some tablets and some tablets not.... i'm trying to modify AppleAzalia to have a winer kext with volume controls & mic recognized :P

I cant seem to find it on the boards so ima do the newb thing. I am working on my other laptop right now, a HP dv9000 single boot osx leopard, I want it to think that its a mac book pro instead of a mac pro, anyway to do this? and I would like to make the tx1000 think its a mac book air, useing the same process. working on the tx1000 has become my second task currently, I am takeing it to Iraq in a few months so its not all that important, but my other laptop I am configing for my fiance for while I am gone. she really seemed to like mac so I am building it for her. trying to work out all the kinks. thanks in advance, I'ma keep looking on the boards for this just incase though.

I think i found out the problem why you cannot watch movies!

I was able to watch movies, but after i installed leopard new and just installed the kext from the 1000pack zip, i wasnt able to watch movies :)

Well, i should also read my own howto ;)

You have to remove (copy it to / or sth) the IONDRV*.kext folder from the /System/Library/Extensions folder. Then you can watch movies ;-)Í

no luck with CI/QE at the moment alex, sorry. i don't think we stand much of a chance. i think our best bet is to talk to the guys working on the ATI integrated card and see if they can shed some light on their method. from what i read over there it seems pretty complex, but then again, nVidia are more open with their spec and everything compared to ATI. we may be in with more of a chance.

Marc

@gg74

Take a look at the previous posts, you will need to downgrade your BIOS to make sound work. As far as "web", is your wired Ethernet, or WiFi working? What WiFi card do you have?

no luck with CI/QE at the moment alex, sorry. i don't think we stand much of a chance. i think our best bet is to talk to the guys working on the ATI integrated card and see if they can shed some light on their method. from what i read over there it seems pretty complex, but then again, nVidia are more open with their spec and everything compared to ATI. we may be in with more of a chance.

Marc

Merci Marc. I wish I could help or maybe do this. I have done shell scripting and "C" coding before (for a parser).

What resources could I look for to maybe help/show me how to get this running?

Thanks

Alex

Je suis American mais je parle Francais....how bizzarre eh?

@gg74

Your sound will work with the BIOS downgrade, your network connections are a different story. How is your network setup? Are you trying to connect via WiFi or Wired Ethernet? Are you getting your IP via DHCP or is it Static?

Lan - manualy

wifi - dhcp automaticly

how to downgrade bios in Leopard?

You can't, you need to install XP or Vista to run the bios update on HP's site. That is the only way AFAIK.

Edit: Anyone made any more progress on the Power Management issues, or the QE support? I am out of town for the rest of the week but will pick up researching on Monday...

in regards to CI/QE alex, i contacted slice, the guy working on the ATI integrated card, who says he has had partial success. i myself am not a developer, are there any here? he has suggested going over stuff with us and seeing if we can come up with a common solution. anyone interested please give me a shout.

Marc