HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

i've just managed to get touchkit working! when it says to touch the point i had literally been touching it. i found that holding it down works. i feel so stupid, lol. also, after installing touchkit you lose ink from system preferences. did you guys know it can be turned back on? go system - library - components - ink.component - contents - sharedsupport, then just load inkserver.app. turn on handwriting recognition and ink should then stay in system preferences. ignore the bit about no driver, it makes no difference. so now we have an osk and handwriting recognition. hope this is helpful to someone, i found it quite useful.

Marc

O, yeah i forgot this :)

You have to enable INK first in system preferences and then install touchkit and run it! Otherwhise its gone (i had this also and i wrote this in this thread, but i think noone understood me or the bug ;) - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=706645 )

New tx1000pack with more links/infos: http://rapidshare.com/files/109234954/tx1000Pack.zip

@Marc: i think you have no chance, cause most of the ppl are #@§$%#!!

When their system is running they never visit the forum again! Or you got stupid answers when you PM them like "yes it works" and not how they did it..

But i will start it now :angry:

My System: HP TX1250EA (european modell)

Amd Turionx2 TL-56 1.8 GHZ

4GB RAM

GeForce GO 6150 (in bios i enabled 128 dedicated RAM)

NForce MCP51 Board with lan, wlan and sound.

Have Dual booting system with first prmiary partition Vista 64bit ultimate and second partition Mac OS Leo4AllV2 10.5.2!

Not working: Sound and QE/CI support for graphic card!

Working: Everything else :angel:

i have one idea at the moment. i recently got my laptop back from repair. when i did it had been wiped and had the proper realtek driver installed. after wiping and installing leo everything worked fine. installing vista and using the default driver caused the sound to stop working. so if like you say the soundcard gets left in a strange state by vista, then maybe it's driver related. i'm gonna try install the proper realtek one and see what happens. maybe that'll leave it in the correct state like before? can't hurt to try. and the_29, i still haven't managed to get into linux for a codec dump, as far as i'm aware we have the exact same model laptop. could you possibly post your dump and if i manage to get any sound after this driver change i'll try it in the patcher.

many thanks,

Marc

thanks, no i hadn't tried that yet. i downloaded the image then managed to trash my install and lost it, lol. i'm having no luck after changing the vista sound driver. alcinject is actually loading and so's appleHDAcontroller which is what's bugging me. it just wont load appleHDA.kext. what a pain. i'm gonna keep playing around with it and see what i come up with. the fact i had sound out of it before means we know it's possible. we just need to find a way to keep it working while using windows too. thanks for the codec dump, i'm gonna have a mess around with that.

thanks,

marc

When you drag/drop it on the AppleHDAPatcher is the speaker detected? (in pathmap like in the screenshot) or is it empty?

Taruga has released a new HDAudio.kext! I think it dumps the codec or sth..

Taruga: "HDAudio.kext is now getting dumps on OSX almost identical to linux. This kext is not available to the public ... yet. This will be part of the next AppleHDA Patcher v2.00"

HDAudio.kext.zip

Hello. It is the first I post something here, my english sucks but anyway....AFAIK:

1.- I Have Zephyroth version and it works fine to me, except the WIFI, i gess it is because the drivers or kexts used in it. The network works with some frezzes, and Taruga's kext for sound always works to me.

2.- The Go6150 dosn't work with mac, we don't have the source code from GoToH to try to modify it in our tablets, and the worst it's and old model so i think it will be hard work to obtein the QE/CI.

3.- The sonds works in some TX and in some other no, becuase the chipsets, there are little variations (improvements) from the original and the mute button dosn't change from orange -in my case- becuse it works with the ACPI.

5.- Fedora 8 works with our tablets also Suse 10.3 and Debian 4.0rX. but there are quite tricks to manage them.

6.- The HP-TX's models are UNFRIENDLY for diferent OS (only friend of Vista, but is very slow).

7.- I'm tryin to install Leo4All but it dosn't want my TX1332LA Hard disk, so I'm going to check the kext maybe my SATA ID is missing.

Cheers!!! For every one and i hope we can say some day "¡Hasta La Vista Windows!" -Vista has been throw by the Windows" jajajaja.

the_29 thanks for that pack it got my speakers working, without volume control, and it also got my digital output working on my soundcard. For the rest of the audio jacks i think we should get a hold of the Azaliaaudio.kext from zephs amd rev.2 release. When i isntalled that version i got control over the volume and my earphone jack worked.

Thanks everyone for the great work. One more thing I am getting a kernel panic when I shut down, not re-boot. This isprobably related to the battery start-up problem. I am going to try the QE/CI thing today/tonight.

alex, as far as i can tell the shutdown panic is due to alcinject. are you using that? it says something about it just before the panic. and since i lost sound i've been able to shut down fine which makes sense. i think i read earlier about patching the azaliaaudio kext or something similarly named but scanning through the thread couldn't find the post again. maybe we should look into this as an alternative? apparently it also has working volume control. and good luck with the QE/CI. we're getting so close to a fully functional mac tablet!!

Marc

@Mass-Face:

For codec detection and testing purposes, don´t put it in /System/Library/Extensions/ If you want to run it, just put it in / chown -R root:wheel /HDAudio.kext chmod -R 755 /HDAudio.kext Boot with -s and then: kextload /HDAudio.kext

Its just a codec detection! I will try it too! I setup XP as triple boot, but when i rewrote the Vista bootloader i am not able to run XP Tablet!

Dunno why..

ok, as with alcinject i am getting a kext load with the patched appleazaliaaudio.kext. i think it's got to the point where i'm just gonna have to do a clean install without vista and see if i can get audio again. but supposedly this way we'll get volume control too. definaetly worth a try.marchas anyone tried using a different kernel? i tried upgrading to 9.2.2 but it just caused a kernel panic. just wondering if a different kernel may resolve our issue of booting without AC?Marc

@the_29 already burning it ;P so as far as I know... USE the speedstep kernel, use the um... {censored} was the lan driver you all used that dea..something xD it was the first one on the list. either way if it doesnt work I wil just try again :( best way to learn imo. no if I am reading this right, I use that tx1000 pack, kext helper and install everything fromt hat pack, removed that IO what ever file (I really dont have a list right off the top of my hand but I know what it is :P just been a really long day playing army.) and set the resolution BEFORE rebooting?

again, I will just restart from scratch if it doesnt work, trial and error, its a great thing :o and it only takes about 40 minutes to do everything over again. so breaking the boot isnt a big deal to me unless it gets to the point that I hae lots of important things on it, say my current system... I would just die if I lost everything on this... tis why I dont even bother testing things on it anymore.

~Kasa

Also would like to say, thank you every one for all the great work, One day I hope to be able to contribute to the community as you have all done for us.

And I can now say that it all works and boot, the only weird thing about booting is that while showing everything in verbos mode, the letters flicker, is it suppose to be doing that? and I have noticed a huge difference in boot time but I remember reading about that issue ealier this morning.

okay just ran the touchkit, something odd is happening, earlier this morning with the other build I did with the v1 leo4all... the touch screen would work fine, as in I could move the mouse quickly from one end to the other with the screen, but now.. it seems to lag, very very bad... I dont understand that, anyone else getting this issue?

And I can now say that it all works and boot, the only weird thing about booting is that while showing everything in verbos mode, the letters flicker, is it suppose to be doing that? and I have noticed a huge difference in boot time but I remember reading about that issue ealier this morning.

okay just ran the touchkit, something odd is happening, earlier this morning with the other build I did with the v1 leo4all... the touch screen would work fine, as in I could move the mouse quickly from one end to the other with the screen, but now.. it seems to lag, very very bad... I dont understand that, anyone else getting this issue?

After you install the macvidia kext in the tx1000.zip you flickering occurs. It should stop once the system has completely loaded and when you change the resolution to the correct 1280 x 800.

Specs:tx1220us

Only Leopard installed (for now, going to setup triple boot system (Leo, ubuntu, and vista in 3 days)

Everything working except QE/CI. I also get a panic during a shutdown. This panic started occurring after I tried to install Leopard on an external HD. Somehow it affected the Leopard installation on my internal.

@Mass-Face. Thanks for the help with getting the Handwriting working. I have been struggling with that for too long. ;)

I tried the thing for QE/CI!

I changed the ID in Geforce.kext / NVDAResman.kext and in NVDANV30HAL!

But it ddidnt changed anything! At least there are no errors :) When i delete the NVDriver.kext and the NVidia.kext (which is the MacVidia package) it wont boot anymore!

Maybe it is because in the thread the guy dont use a GO card! I will search in forum, if anybody was able to enable QE/CI with a GO card and shared memory/Turbocache.

And damn, i dont find leo4allv3... Grml..

I tried the thing for QE/CI!

I changed the ID in Geforce.kext / NVDAResman.kext and in NVDANV30HAL!

But it didnt changed anything! At least there are no errors :) When i delete the NVDriver.kext and the NVidia.kext (which is the MacVidia package) it wont boot anymore!

Maybe it is because in the thread the guy dont use a GO card! I will search in forum, if anybody was able to enable QE/CI with a GO card and shared memory/Turbocache.

And damn, i dont find leo4allv3... Grml..

Leo4ALLv3 can be found at demon***.com the best site for downloads after Pirate. I think you people know what i mean. It should be on Pirate soon though.

Quick Edit(30 seconds after original post):

WoW. Its up on Pirate immediately after I post this message.

I found it in the demon but not in pirate bay!

But now my VNC to my computer dont work!! ARGL!!

I also found here another guide for QE/CI: http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3

@Mass_face: taruaga wrote this to me after posting this issue with dual boot:

One users told me about that issue some time ago, I told him to update audio drivers from windows to a newer version and he reported back that it solved the problem. Check if you have updated drivers for windows and try it.

But i downloaded the drivers from the HE homepage! So i think the drivers are the newest!

Edit: Ok, the driver at the HP Page is from 2007-03-24. So this is not new! But what driver do we need?! When i search ALC 862 at the realtek HP i dont find anything..

Edit2: Ok, i think these are the new drivers

ftp://202.65.194.211/pc/audio/Vista_R190.exe Installer

ftp://202.65.194.212/pc/audio/Vista_R190.zip Zip File

Hmm, instead of having the files scattered around. Can we get the OP of the thread to put it all together in the first post? In that way, new users wouldn't come in asking the same questions again.

I would love to try out the v3 of Leo4All, but downloading another 4gb is just tooo much for my poor bandwidth =P.

Well, as i wrote in this thread before, most of ppl are #%&$§! and when their system is running they never come back again..

So, the topic creator isnt in this forum anymore (or for a long time). So we/I cannot edit his post!

A solution would be, that we make a new thread with the tx1000 files.

But i put the dl link in my signature, so that users who just read the last page see the package too ;)

And when we have the final solution (sound working everywhere and QE/CI support) we can make a new thread or ask the admin to edit the first post ;)

I have another question! Is the sleeping mode working at your machines?! When Mac OS goes sleeping (or when i push the Power button on the remote control) it never wake up again.. I just can power off the machine by holding the power button for some seconds :(