HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

What i remember is, that many mac os versions needs the hfs+ partition name "leopard"

Otherwhise some scripts won´t work! So try to rename it leopard or Leopard!

I dont find anywhere the Zephryoth version 2! Just the version 1 ^_^

I attempted to do a dual boot vista leo last night useing this guide, http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/658/howt...ot-setup-guide/

only I didnt have the tiger pre installed, in this section "fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX

fdisk: 0>update

fdisk:*0> f Y

“Partition 2 marked active”

fdisk:*0> w"

I had and issue while installing, imstead of "fdisk: 0>" it was saying "fdisk: 1>" what caused that?

after all the patching, it killed the vista boot and the leo boot was just causeing the sytem to just reboot after a few seconds of hiting enter on the Leopard option.

my main question is, are you guys (or gals) that are dual booting on this system, are you all following a different guide? I tried twice and came up with the exact same results. Thanks

~Kasa

btw its vista home prem x64 and leo4allv2 that I am useing, and the usb drive has to be of the osx filesystem for the terminal to see it, atleast thats what I was comeing up with.

@the_29

The Demon has the zephyroth v2 disk. I may have it lying around here somewhere, I will take a look.

Edit: I have it, but it appears that the disk is unreadable! I will re-download and see if I can get those audio files yanked out of there.

I attempted to do a dual boot vista leo last night useing this guide, http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/658/howt...ot-setup-guide/ only I didnt have the tiger pre installed, in this section "fdisk -e /dev/rdiskXfdisk: 0>updatefdisk:*0> f Y"Partition 2 marked active"fdisk:*0> w" I had and issue while installing, imstead of "fdisk: 0>" it was saying "fdisk: 1>" what caused that?after all the patching, it killed the vista boot and the leo boot was just causeing the sytem to just reboot after a few seconds of hiting enter on the Leopard option.my main question is, are you guys (or gals) that are dual booting on this system, are you all following a different guide? I tried twice and came up with the exact same results. Thanks~Kasabtw its vista home prem x64 and leo4allv2 that I am useing, and the usb drive has to be of the osx filesystem for the terminal to see it, atleast thats what I was comeing up with.

In regards to the above, I use the ntldr bootloader (Server 2003 & XP) to boot my OSX with tboot. However, you will need to use the Vista Bootloader, since you are using vista. You should be able to do about the same thing, by editing the Vista Bootloader with BCDEdit (free as in beer). You can also look here for some guidance in using the Chain0 method. One thing I do know, is that the Leo4All disks only (at least for me) install as MBR and that partition gets marked active. I have to boot in to windows, or a recovery disk (BartPE) afterwards and mark the OSX partition as Inactive & Hidden with Paragon for things to work correctly.

I am using this method for dual boot in vista: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Vista_bootloader

My sysem has this setup

1. primary partition = VISTA x64 ultimate

2. primary partition = mac os!

I install mac os after Vista. After rebooting you goot on HFS+ partition error or sth.

Then you boot with a GParted disk. Now you set the 1. primary partition (vista disk) to bootable (and not the 2nd like it is after installation).

Now you boot again! If the vista bootloader won´t show, you have to repair it with the vista install disk (Attention! THIS JUST works if the Vista disk is the BOOTABLE one!!!)

After this you boot into vista and reboot again!

Then you boot again in vista (dunno why it dont work at first bootup) and then you add the mac os with graphical BCDedit program in vista!

Finaly you have the vista bootloader where you can switch between vista and mac os!

Only problem is when you choose mac os, the mac os bootloader will come! And if you dont navigate to the mac os partition it will boot again the vista bootloader!

Dont know how to change the mac os bootloader default partition!

I found a fix for the Time Issues for those of us that dual boot. It makes OSX run off of local time instead of GMT. Copy localtime-toggle to /sbin, and make it executable (chmod +x /sbin/localtime-toggle). Then copy org.osx86.localtime-toggle.plist to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons. RebootWorked like a charm for me!!!

Edit: It also looks like, if we get Quartz Extreme running we may have a Screen Rotate feature available in the Displays portion of System Preferences. You have to hold the ALT key while opening Dislpays to get it to show up.

Time_Fix.zip

Hey guys ! hope all is well !

I have tx2000Z been trying to dual boot it wilth vista but no success .

I used Leo4allv2 - It installs perfectly fine.

What i did -

10GB partition on C: - (used the built in mantaince to do partition & then went thrugh the volume thing to format it and assign it a Letter & named it )

Then Booted the Lappy with Leo4allv2 dvd - It boots up -Goes to installed perfectly fine

Next disk utility - i clicked on the partition - Then erased it with extended jurned

Then back to install - i choose the AMD Patch thats the only thing i choose.

Install runs for 25 mins or so & Gives me a message that it works _ install successfull

When the lappy reboots - it doesn't boot up correctly - it says - applecom. config.Plist is missing ..

Any help mates?i would be verrrrrrrry Thank Full........

photo-20.jpg

@the_29 I am downloading the Gparted livecd now. I had one for about a year ago and figured it was time to update to a new one, I am also downloading dreamlinux, heard some nice things about it, figured I would atleast give it a try, gunna attempt a tripple boot. so if I was to do this, I would install vista first of course, then... osx or Dreamlin?

also the vista disc I have on file is en_windows_vista_with_service_pack_1_x64_dvd_x14-29595.iso I dont understand what you ment by Bootable... as far as I have done, this just installs...

Burn the vista image (iso) and boot with it, if the vista bootloader will not work!

Normaly the vista loader should work!

Any news about the sound?! I will try tomorrow playing divx videos!

Okay, I have never seen the boot option on the disk, then again I have done nothing other than installs with it. I will try it.

wouldnt you know it... got no money and one last burnable dvd... is the gparted liveUSB just as good? I might not go with the dream linux now... I would go with opensuse, but I can never get it to actually work :/ it never seems to get into kde or gnome, it will get as far as showing a color on the screen and showing the mouse in the center after logging in, thats all. I have tried installing that many many times and no go each time. well vista just finished installing. I gotta wait for sourceforge to finish with maintenance before I can get the gparted live usb... so as for now... I am stuck go figure...

here the audio kext working correctly from zephy dvd.....they're appleazaliaaudio..... my pc is tx1020ea

actually i have this dvds: kalyway 10.5.2(can't boot ) ...zephyrot rev2 efi(no qe,no wifi, very slow boot).....leo4allv3final(no wifi,10 second boot,audio adjusted with zephy's azalia driver ) ...so last one seems to be the best for tx1000 series and it's very easy to install!!!!

HELP

1)now i would like to know how to make the internal wifi card (bcm4311) recog and connect to my homewlan.....

during the installation process it really connected to the wlan and airport's symbol became balck...but when i boot it doesn't work.....

what kind of driver i have to use please help!!!!WHAT I HAVE TO DO???

2)wich driver is the best for our 6150 128m graphic card? anyone could modify resolution to 1280x800?

qe/ci working???? i noticed nvinject drivers make the boot slower than the nvidia driver... but wich one is recommended?

audio.rar

i esxplain better what i did and upload a zip of the same audio kext of last post.... I WISH THIS CAN HELP U UNSERSTANDING AUDIO PROBLMS

i installed leo4allv3 with no third party drivers on a EXTERNAL usb/sata2 250GB westdigital hd......

(SO I CAN BOOT VISTA JUST REMOVING THE EXTERNAL HD ,OTHERWISE LEOPARD STARTS)

....After os boot i saw WIFI,dvdrom,INTERNAL SATA DRIVE,touchscrren AND AUDIO NOT workING.....THEN

i installed JUST nforce chipset drivers , ntfs support driver and audio (first 3 audio drivers couse i was not sure of what driver was) from zephysrev2 install dvd.....and just touchkit from the29 or massface package....

everything works now....except wifi ----i want it...please

i would like to set the resolution to 1280x800 too ...i read u manged to do it ....can you explain how???

thanks ....

here the zip.....the same files as the rar in the post before.... however i think the best thing is to install them as i did directly from zephy's intsall dvd

appleazaliaaudio.zip

vga resolution ok!!!!!! i installed the whole tx1000 package and everything worked.....but i have the powerbundle issue again...... so i can't see the battery state and the percentage (leo4allv3 powerbundle patch worked really fine)........

I'M VERY HAPPY OF THE Native resolution......and vga out works fine to....

with leo4allv3final ,azalia audio and tx1000pack i have now to correct theese last things:

qe\ci,WIFI and battery displaying... and i have to test frontal audio ports!!(audio control buttons work perfectly)

I REALLY need help for wifi....pls give me some hint or drivers..... :s

@soccuvoiswape

Try the IOPCIFamily.kext.zip that I uploaded for Lunks above, that may get your wifi going.

The above appleazaliaaudio.kext does not work for me =0(

Also, you could re-add the powermanagement.bundle from the Leo4Allv3 disk if you wanted. Use the Invisibles program in your applications folder to make the folders visible. Insert the v3 disk, and do some digging around in there, you should see a folder buried somewhere that is named packages, you can install it from there.

Ok I installed the Leo4AllV3 successfully, except for the WIFI. It shows up but cannot connect to anything. I did install all the kexts and pkg files from the tx1000.zip package of April 23. I also installed the IOPCIFamily.kext.zip file above and still no love. Any ideas?

Alex

...with the iopcifamily.... above i got kernel panic before i need to press the power button on apic issue....... so if i didn't make some mistake i think it won't wor......

then i did a new installation from leo4all dvd and i chose 1 audio driver azalia and old nforce chipset and nforcedepht networks drivers too..... neither ethernet nor wiffi works ....audio works perfectly battery too .... then i installed just your video driver and touchkit.....

now i just need wifi and ethernet and obviously QE ...CI says "software" ......audio azalia on leo4allv3 works verywell...audio ports doesn't work....vga port works....volume control works....

another issue is that my bus is 200 ...i think it should be 800 (tl-50) isn't it? if u have any idea ....give it to me......

about powerbundle..... the package one doesn't work ....just leave leo4allv3 one....it's perfect.... if i have time later i'll upload mine.... it would be easier if i had my wifi working......every time i have to use vista for internet!!!!

anybody knows wich one is the correct kext that make the bcm4311 work???

Sound doesnt work for me with leo4all v2!

I will give a try and install Leo4Allv3 and i will hope that sound will work.

But its stupid that with leo4allv3 wlan doesnt work and with v2 it works...

@soccu: I made a grep on the extensions folder to find any kext with broadcom in it!

Here they are!

Maybe you just need to insert the IO80211Family.kext!

Please test it and report if it works! If it works i will test leo4allv3!

http://rapidshare.com/files/110642496/network.zip

@jessec

Check your PM's

@Lunks

Here you go

Soundcard-I'm not sure

WiFi is Broadcom 4311

Thanks! To see which card you are running, run a Linux livecd and do on a console:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0

Search for vendor id and name itself.

Wifi is the same as mine, if I ever try the pin-20 method and works, I'll post. :wacko:

Booting to Leopard seems like a Nightmare, take up to 6 min but once it's booted it works fine. Anyone having the same issue with Zephyroth's?