HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

ok, here's the reply i got back. i have asked if it's ok to put any developers from this thread in touch with him and am waiting for a response. hopefully we can all work together and try to tackle the shared memory problem. @:the_29, hopefully this will give you some idea of where we should be looking?

Yes, it is my problem with ATI. I have partial success by patching ATIRadeon8500.kext.

What I do.

1. Dissassemble binary file by http://hte.sf.net.

2. Found an initialization part of Radeon registers to correct address of video memory.

3. Write my part of the procedure directly in i386 codes.

Sorry, I know nothing about NVidia hardware and how to patch nvidia driver.

I make my own driver for ATI Framebuffer to change resolution. May be it will be useful to make the same settings. The driver is available is sources.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=96664&st=0

Zero poject work similarly with any Video, ATI or nVidia. So if you are developer we can discuss how to use shared memory for framebuffer. It would be useful for me too.

I shall work again on QE/CI problem with shared memory when I obtain good Framebuffer as start point.

Marc

sorry, here's the proper link... got cut of when i copied and pasted the PM. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=96664&st=0

slice has got back to me and said a collaboration of developers would be a good thing. it might be worth PMing him the_29. i think we need to start from what he was saying by trying to make our own framebuffer, something along the lines of macvidia. or at least does the same job. and from there move on to CI/QE. quite a large undertaking. i hope we can come up with something here. i say we, i can't actively contribute much since i'm not a developer. but am willing to help in any way i can. i'm very keen to learn.

good luck everyone.

Marc

Your link is broken :)http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=96664&st=0Well, at least it is C++ and i know this language! But did ever worked any nvidia graphic card with Shared memory on a mac os x version?!Or do we have to start from zero?
Sounds like there is only the Intel and ATI shared memeory drivers around. I have not seen any other Nvidia GPUs with shared memory.Why is it the Nvidia closed source Linux drivers work just fine. I wonder if they coded with shared memory archectures in mind.Alex
sorry, here's the proper link... got cut of when i copied and pasted the PM. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=96664&st=0 slice has got back to me and said a collaboration of developers would be a good thing. it might be worth PMing him the_29. i think we need to start from what he was saying by trying to make our own framebuffer, something along the lines of macvidia. or at least does the same job. and from there move on to CI/QE. quite a large undertaking. i hope we can come up with something here. i say we, i can't actively contribute much since i'm not a developer. but am willing to help in any way i can. i'm very keen to learn.good luck everyone.Marc
Mercu beaucop Marc.I hope I can help to I have some coding experience but not much.On another topic, is there any way to get this to boot on batteries? How about the power switch thing too?Alex

well on the battery issue, is that related to ACPI? i know we have at least one error on that front? i think there's custom ACPIPlatform.kext's built from source for the power throttling kernels? someone correct me? if it's an ACPI issue maybe playing around with the source and changing it to suit our needs? just a shot in the dark on that one. i think the source is available from .macnubs site.

Marc

P.S, guys i'm sorry if it seems like i'm just throwing stuff at you and expecting results. i have no programming experience so am just trying to contribute with ideas and what little i can.

obviously i know tiger kexts do not work in leopard but has anyone tried tiger on the tx 1000/2000 set up ?

i would rather get leopard going as my only interest in mac os is to use the iphone sdk but its aways worth checking.

im willing to help if i can, im a systems analyst but have a small background in development, mainly in VB and C but guess the more heads looking into it the better ;)

I know that tiger kexts dont work on leo! But i wanted them for researching!

The main problem is, that i dont know where to start.. And i didnt find any sources of macvidia or natit/titan... (obviously i the original homepages are down.. dunno why).

And in the original Darwin Source i dont find any IONDrv or sth.. And i dont know how to compile sources from there.. Anyone knows a HowTo?

I know that tiger kexts dont work on leo! But i wanted them for researching!

The main problem is, that i dont know where to start.. And i didnt find any sources of macvidia or natit/titan... (obviously i the original homepages are down.. dunno why).

And in the original Darwin Source i dont find any IONDrv or sth.. And i dont know how to compile sources from there.. Anyone knows a HowTo?

Is this helpful:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=129

Alex

Hi Guys....

1. A.F.A.I.K. Azalia is older than HDA. I don't have the Azalia code so, I only can play with some options in the plist and I didn't find anything = no mic for the moment in Azalia :) .
  2. I'm in in the project for the QE/CI but is a project for ATI and NVidia drivers in linux are close code (it seems to be Windows lol) and I never make a reverse engineering. Any way if someone want to tellme the plan...... :D

hi!! , in first, sorry for my english, it's very poor

I have TX2010ER, in my configuration fully works WiFi (broadcom 4311) and ethernet, but with older ACPIPlatform option in Leo4Allv3 installer (ACPI version 1.0.3).

Sound works a half with Azalia (no mic)

About digitazer: we all (tx series, lenovo, asus) have the Wacom ISD V4.0 digitazer, but if tx1000 series and lenovo have a serial port modification, tx2000 series have serial-to-usb mod. if use System profiler tool in usb section we find this device like ISD with VID 056a PID 0093. So TableMagic is't usefull in our case. But I tired to install Cintiq Wacom driver - no luck.

it's install pen tablet.kext (inside only plist file) and TabletDriverCFPlugin.bundle (looks like a driver). inside TabletDriverCFPlugin.bundle we have plist file with some strings:

<key>CFPlugInFactories</key>

<dict>

<key>97C0BF3C-5E9B-11D5-8177-0030657CDFBE</key>

<string>WacomFactoryAllocator</string>

<key>B351DAC6-FBC1-11D4-BAC7-0030657CDFBE</key>

<string>WacomFactoryAllocator</string>

</dict>

<key>CFPlugInTypes</key>

<dict>

<key>07451A4C-5E9B-11D5-A745-0030657CDFBE</key>

<array>

<string>97C0BF3C-5E9B-11D5-8177-0030657CDFBE</string>

</array>

<key>324CF6E4-FBA1-11D4-9BE4-0030657CDFBE</key>

<array>

<string>B351DAC6-FBC1-11D4-BAC7-0030657CDFBE</string>

</array>

</dict>

I think, this string using to determine digitazer with USB port. in Ioreg i have similar strings, but have no luck.

second method is to use usb-to-serial driver or virtual serial port like this http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm, but have no luck too!!! unsupported usb device.

anoter way: i have download some distribs on Wacom developer section http://www.wacomeng.com/devsupport/mac/downloads.html

it works, but only with himself(((

any ideas????

thanks

downgrade my bios to 1E - everything works, accept web and audio

downgrade to 1D - everything works, accept web

downgrade to 1C - everything works, accept web

what about web camera now?

also have no working mic,but i have sound now :)

downgrade my bios to 1E - everything works, accept web and audio

downgrade to 1D - everything works, accept web

downgrade to 1C - everything works, accept web

what about web camera now?

also have no working mic,but i have sound now :(

Then you're almost in the same boat as me, my webcam does not work, there is no mic or phono outputs for my sound. As far as web, I think you may have a different card than we do. You may want to do a search for some Broadcom WiFi Kext's and see where that gets you. Sorry I can't be more help, I have a flight to catch...

thanks guys for all the great work. do you have a step by step guide for the relative noobs. I am currently stuck with a HFS+ partition error at startup after installing leo4allv2. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think you may have a different card than we do. You may want to do a search for some Broadcom WiFi Kext's and see where that gets you.

different card of what? wi-fi?

u mean wifi and webcamera use same drivers?

P.S. i have broadcom BCM 4311.

Hi, new guy aboard

tx2000 here, got almost everything working...

Using a different USB wifi for surfing and not battery bar, was that tackled?

I've got a little experience on development/system analysis and as long as people can feed me code i guess i can help, but i'm an osx noob:)

Just jumping in to cry about my wifi not working, gonna post its model tomorrow

btw, is it just me or is the onboard lan responsible for the "random" hang-ups?

I have them all the time with it but the USB dongle works like it was cupertino approved:)

Another thing, just a tip you guys probably stumbled upon already - install both leo4all v2 and v3 and install apps/drivers after the v2 installed:)

Thanks all for the work put into this, and @ wyzazz - if you don't mind pm'ing some info i'd love to get a tx2000 guide out:)

Peace

@DuperMan

I'll get some info together tomorrow and start putting a guide together in .pdf format. Depending on how much time I have this week I may be able to get it out by wed... ...WiFi worked out of the box for most of us, as well as the onboard NIC working well with the kext files provided in my sig. I haven't experienced any "random hang ups" at all. For Battery, use the powermanagement.bundle in the_29's package, it's in my sig.

@gg74

No, WiFi and Webcam do not use the same driver/kext files. As stated, my webcam does not work, when I try to use it on OSX the blue light goes on but I get a green screen for a picture. The tx2000 models have a different webcam than the tx1000's, it took me forever to get it working properly in Windows I had to use an Acer Chicony Webcam Driver. I suppose we will have to find that same type of kext to get it working in OSX. As for your WiFi after doing some searching, it looks like the BCM 4311 is natively supported by OSX but for whatever reason there is something keeping you from web browsing or connecting to a network properly. As long as you are positive you are connecting to the Wireless Network correctly, and OSX tells you that you are connected to that network (i.e. you get an IP Address), I can find no reason for you not being able to browse the internet.

Hi, new guy aboard

tx2000 here, got almost everything working...

Using a different USB wifi for surfing and not battery bar, was that tackled?

I've got a little experience on development/system analysis and as long as people can feed me code i guess i can help, but i'm an osx noob:)

Just jumping in to cry about my wifi not working, gonna post its model tomorrow

btw, is it just me or is the onboard lan responsible for the "random" hang-ups?

I have them all the time with it but the USB dongle works like it was cupertino approved:)

Another thing, just a tip you guys probably stumbled upon already - install both leo4all v2 and v3 and install apps/drivers after the v2 installed:)

Thanks all for the work put into this, and @ wyzazz - if you don't mind pm'ing some info i'd love to get a tx2000 guide out:)

Peace

Is everyone using Leo4all? Weird your wireless doesn't work out of box. Someone on youtube posted that using Leo4allv2 wireless worked immediately...

Thanks wyz! if i can help/test anything just say

I'm pretty sure i'm missing something essential, as i dove right into the post install configging without reading the install manuals thoroughly enough...

But assuming there's no "big red shiny button that makes stuff work well but must be pressed at exactly the right time", i wrote down every little bit of info my wifi had on it: "BCM-94312 MCG", "rev: GP1 P207".

I also outputted an Everest report log for my machine... is that good enough for the code gods should they listen or do i need to boot up some liveCD?

@Nicholas - yeah, used the leo4allv2

@all - had i missed any progress on the digitizer calibration or is that still moot for the 2000's?

p.s

did the battery bar thing, thanks!:D

Thanks wyz! if i can help/test anything just say

I'm pretty sure i'm missing something essential, as i dove right into the post install configging without reading the install manuals thoroughly enough...

But assuming there's no "big red shiny button that makes stuff work well but must be pressed at exactly the right time", i wrote down every little bit of info my wifi had on it: "BCM-94312 MCG", "rev: GP1 P207".

I also outputted an Everest report log for my machine... is that good enough for the code gods should they listen or do i need to boot up some liveCD?

@Nicholas - yeah, used the leo4allv2

@all - had i missed any progress on the digitizer calibration or is that still moot for the 2000's?

p.s

did the battery bar thing, thanks!:D

Good to hear. Odd that it all worked for him. I'll give it a try when I get my tablet. Really looking to use OSx86 as my primary.

The digitizer still isn't calibrating eh? I hope someone finds a fix for that. I'll see what I can scrounge up when I am ready.

Has anyone taken out and replaced the Hard drive in either of the tx models? Is it that difficult to get too?

If the tx1000's like the tx2000 the disk is easily accessible from the bottom of the case, two screws max:)

I haven't replaced mine myself but if it's anything like 1.8inch sata remember to be extra careful with the film (connector) and the lock (black plastic strip on the disks' pins)...

I know the 1000 guys had some luck with the TouchKit and, well, my hunch is that had any of us had the modbook wacom driver for reference there was really no issue about it.

(Figuring Tablet PC has it's own driver on the wacom site nowdays for a reason)

p.s

i think i have some headway about my wifi not working

it appears that the acpi and/or ahci were misinstalled...

gonna mess with them a little and if nothing gives i'll try a new install