HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

thanks so much guys expexially wyzazz and the_29 ...... i'll try this ..... the 29 maybe the kernel is different and makes problem with wifi in leo4all3 and with audio in leo4all2? (maybe i said something stupid) .however thanks to wyzazz i can now work on dvd's and i started to understand something more..........so here are the audio and powermanagement drivers from leo4allv3 dvd..... the 29 try the audio ...maybe with the other drivers i did a mess..... try this..... tell me if the powerman drivers are enough or if u need other stuff....'cous i don't understand maybe u need bundle too!!!???tell me whatever u want from leo4all and kalyway and u'll have!!!!i wish my wifi will work....before than tomorrow... gnight(4 me) and thanks againNO jack sasuke....i'm sorry....if i put the jack in i hear the normal sound as if i never put it in!!!!front ports don't work....i'm sorry....sasuke!

audio_package.zip

powermanagleo4allv3.zip

kernel panic after 60 second.....:$ i delete the original kext ....move the new to the folder extensions...and repair permissions with utility disk???is there something wrong??? either i do something wrong..or there's something basically different between leo v2 and v3...maybe the nforce chipset or the forcedeth drivers.....i dunno...i almost want to give up with this wifi ..i want to trow away leopard.... however without QE leopard is unuseful,,, ------ :)

I got the following with the audio

(i has to type this in by hand though so it wont be all accurate :) )

The System extension "/system/library/extensions/appleazaliaaudio.kext/contends/plugins/appleazaliacontroller.kext" was installed iproperly and cannot be used. please try reinstalling it, or contact the products vender for an update.

should I remove the file first then install package? *tests this anyways*

yep, trashed both and reinstalled... the error decides to just pop up randomly soon after. I will keep trying tho just incase I am doing something wrong here.

wyzazz -- i got it finally ! to work..!

Wi- Fi working !!! right outside the box...

first boot it was frezzing at little bit at first.. but i rebooted its working so Smooth many thnx for the help.

i downloaded the 29;s package .. do i just install everything in there anywhere in the partition of specific folders? Thanks :)

Update: Everything installed! :) only thing left is Sound now :P

okay I tried everything from even mounting the leo4allv3 disc, and just takeing the packages right off and installing them that way, I am about to go through each audio package one by one now... I sure hope this doesnt kill my system.

anyways I keep getting that pop up a few seconds after installing the azalia audo package.

hers to hopein one of these work.

I dont have to reboot after each test do I?

wyzazz -- i got it finally ! to work..!

Wi- Fi working !!! right outside the box...

first boot it was frezzing at little bit at first.. but i rebooted its working so Smooth many thnx for the help.

i downloaded the 29;s package .. do i just install everything in there anywhere in the partition of specific folders? Thanks ;)

Can you explain what DVD did you used to get WiFi working? Have you actually associated to an AP or it just showed up on Network Preferences?

I'm ok with sound coming only from speakers, the only thing that bothers is graphics card not working... =\

Can you explain what DVD did you used to get WiFi working? Have you actually associated to an AP or it just showed up on Network Preferences?

I'm ok with sound coming only from speakers, the only thing that bothers is graphics card not working... =\

Lunks i used the Leo4all V2 -- All works right outside Box ..

Wi-fi , USb

i didn't have to do anything.

with Leo4allv2 - you dont have to do anything extra do make wi fi working...

to get the screen resolution and all that corrected -- use 29's Package - install it .. the screen will wobble not dont worry you will fix that next reboot - after the reboot - go to system prefs and Display 1280x800 worked on mine without any issues... you can try 1280x786 that works too...

Try useing leo4allv2 .. works like charm......

::here is what i did If this helps anyone --

20 GB partiton useing built in disk partition -- right click Computer - then manage for more info -- simply google how to partition hard drive

then installed leo4allv2 - go to dis utility choose the partition i created - then erase - choose extended jurnled and rename it if you want to .. then click erase..

simply install --- it installed perfect but did not -->> Reboot after the install how its suppose to be ... gave a message something like -- device is locked* i didnt touch it . let it do its thing ....

when it finally came back up -- darwin loaded up -- then any key to start -- i hit it anyways -- then got a message-

--cant find apple.com.config .plist -- Well the joy of osx86 :P

I looked like Vista bootloadr was messing with drwin . m not sure as i m not that good with this stuff.. but i read a lot around ...

That was no go, i loaded good old vista & downloaded EasyBCD 1.51 BCD lets you add multipl Operating Systems to your boot choice.

Add-Remove%20Entries.png

then ran easy bcd added the Os x to the boot line :P

there is an option in EasyBCD called Diganose -- to fix the Bootloader arguments .

go into diagnos... it tell you to choose Disk location where the Os x is installed....

i chose Disk0 and 2 thats where mine was stored .. and boom a simple reboot and i had a nice dual boot asking me which world i want to eneter :P

Thanks

wyzazz , 29 and everyone else who is trying to make this work . :P

so you didn't customize at all in the install?

EDIT: so i did what jessec did except using the leo4allv3 install disk. I tried not really choosing anything at all but it didn't work after restart. so i reinstalled and chose azalia audio and the nforce test and not much else.

then i used the 29 package and restarted. it does allow you to go to full resolution but theres still no CI/QE if anyones wondering.

also i have no wireless internet only wired. also it does not show me my power in the taskbar.

@zetsoubu ...does your audio work with azalia?

@the 29 ...did u try install from leo4all v3? sound works?and wifi?????

i tried to understand why wifi fully works in leo4allv3 installation and why it doesn't after first boot.....

what i'm sure is that during the installation my wifi is recognized as third party ...net is given and bsd name is "en3"

after boot i think something change in wifi kext(maybe cause of nforce chipset kext???) however the bsd name changes in "en0" ...and it doesn't work....no net found......

hoever the mac adress of the device is the same...... do u guys know if is possible to change the bsd name of the device in "en3"????

another question ...what kind of kernel do u use in leo4allv2?????

...however i'm tired.....i think i'll download and try this leo4allv2...so i'll not have doubts... byebye

@jessec

I'm glad it all worked out for you. Now we need to fix QE/CI, Sound, touchscreen calibration (tx2000 only), and the ACPI (won't boot without being plugged in) issue. Anything else I'm forgetting???

@succo

In the Leo4Allv2 disk I use the nForce 2/3/4/5 kernel. That seems to work the best. I do recall some discussion early on in this thread (I think) about swapping dev names for Ethernet devices. Take a look at some of the earlier pages you may come up with something.

I really think the best disk to use for our systems is the Leo4Allv2 disk. Once installing all of the fixes we have compiled here we have the most complete and working system. You can even run a software update (at this point in time) and get the latest and greatest software for OSX with no issues.

I will try that azaelia audio pkg from the Leo4Allv3 disk tomorrow and see what happens. I will, as always, report back here with my success, or lack therof.

so you didn't customize at all in the install?

EDIT: so i did what jessec did except using the leo4allv3 install disk. I tried not really choosing anything at all but it didn't work after restart. so i reinstalled and chose azalia audio and the nforce test and not much else.

then i used the 29 package and restarted. it does allow you to go to full resolution but theres still no CI/QE if anyones wondering.

also i have no wireless internet only wired. also it does not show me my power in the taskbar.

wzazz is correct i must have tried to install it 20 times but it was no go ....it only worked useing the complied drives that are recommended here .

Zetsubou - i m sorry io fogot to mention

wzaz told me to choose the drives in customize i did that exactly..

heres what i selected - i relly hope this helps you -

This is exactly what i chose - it has worked 2 time in a row!

In customize :

:AMD System Fix

:Time-Machine-Fix

:Go
to
“Chipset
Drivers”
and
select
the
'nForce
2/3/4/5
driver”.

:Graphics Drivers

:NvInject Go

:Network Drives

:ForceDepth Drive

Thats all i selected - and then installed it .--. Install went Fine. The use EasyBSD to fix bootloader

Thnx to 29 ! Then install 29's Package this one is self installing package and you should be good to guys!

@wyzazz - True Wyz Thanks for your effort mate* - now only if we could get the sound to work - and the dvd's and videos to work . i consulted someone who is pretty good with computers. I ve my fingers crossed hopefully he will see what needs to be done .

Also Guys -- if this helps anyone - If you do not want to have to make any changes to your hard drive and deal with bootloader issues

You can install Leo4all (i used V2) onto an external Drive - Do everything like we do normally

To make it work on external Drive - It can not be Partitioned atleast didn't work for me.

[i partitioned the External Drive it won't reconize that the OS is installed on it with a partiton -While installing Under Disk utility Select your external Drive - Then go to Partition - Choose 1 Partiton for the entire External drive - Then set it to Extended jurnled Rename if you would like-- Then hit Apply and your ready to install Os onto the external Drive]

After install when it tells you that the Install was successfull -The system restarts - at Intel screen - Hit F9 It will show you the Boot options - Notebook Hard disk & External Drive - just choose your external drive to Boot from -- & the set up will come up(where you set up Time and all that) -- go through the set up and say hello to your Mac sitting tight on your external drive -_-

@succo

Sorry man, I misread that. It was early in the morning when I looked at that post. I used the default kernel for Leo4Allv2, I believe it's labeled as 9.2.0, if I am mispeaking someone please hop in to correct.

Also, I just wanted to say Thanks to everyone. It's really great that we can all work together to meet a common end. Just out of curiosity, where is everyone from and what do you do? I am from Ohio, USA; I'm a Network Administrator for a Law Firm.

OK well I have a mostly working (no QE/CI) install from Leo4Allv2. However now that I am running a few applications (Firefox and a PDF editor) it has become unstable with all apps crashing including the doc. Only a re-boot fixes it. I have a feeling it's in the wireless driver. Anyways I guess it's back to Linux, probably Ubuntu.

I will say that OSX on my Asus G1 and A8JS is quite stable, runs for days with no problems. When the issues are worked out I will come back.

Alex

@soccu: No, i didnt try the leo4all yet! Had no time left at this weekend (it was to beautiful outside :D)

And my Mac OS is really stable!

I used NeoOffice (OpenOffice Java for aqua look and feel)

Then Firefox most of the time! I Installed flip for mac, paragon ntfs drivers, quicksilver!

Everything works fine :hysterical:

I come from Oberwart, Austria and i am a software developer!

Mine seems really stable as well. I have had no issues with using Office for Mac 2008, Firefox, the only program I have had an issue using is Pacifist, and it would seem that that program is unstable to begin with.

@Alex

What programs are you running specifically? I would like to test to see if I have the same issues. Thanks!

I've had too many issues using Zephyroth's, even if it is said to be the best for AMD systems. I'm downloading leo4all v3 and hopefully it'll run smoother.

How did you manage to get wifi working? I haven't found anything on the forums.

I'm from Rio, Brazil. Computer Science student. :(

Mine seems really stable as well. I have had no issues with using Office for Mac 2008, Firefox, the only program I have had an issue using is Pacifist, and it would seem that that program is unstable to begin with.

@Alex

What programs are you running specifically? I would like to test to see if I have the same issues. Thanks!

I am running:

Firefox 3 beta 5

NeoOffice

PDFPen

VLC

What happens is Firefox starts timing then crashes (wifi???). Then NeoOffice starts crashing and PDFPen. It gets so bad that I can't start anything and I have to re-boot.

VLC starts but when I try to play an MP4 file it crashes. I installed DvIX player and it runs fine. On another note I am able to play videos now.

Alex

@Lunks

On Leo4Allv2 the WiFi works flawlessly. I could not get v3 to install, it kept freezing on me.

@Alex

I will download and install these programs and let you know what I come up with.

Hello to all.

I am new to all this and trying to make sense out of it...

I just purchased an HP Pavillion TX1410US (TX1000 based) Tablet which I intend to use as a "notetaking" appendix of my main MacBookPro.

I have been trying to install some of the several circulating versions of Leopard for it with not much success yet.

I understand from what I read that you all recommend the Leo4Allv2 over all other patched OSs. I still am not quite sure what options to choose in the Custom Install Menu (I mean Kernel, Third-Party drivers, etc). I have tried several combinations and, although I have been able to install correctly, something has always prevented Leopard from booting afterwards.

These are my specs:

HP Pavillion TX1410US

AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology TL-64 / 2.2 GHz

2 GB DDR II SDRAM

250 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm HD

DVD±RW (+R DL) / DVD-RAM

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

Hope someone can help me get Leopard running...

Thank you...

@xruido

You want to select the following

AMD-System-Fix

Time-Machine-Fix

Third Party Drivers

Chipset Drivers

nForce2/3/4/5 driver

Graphics Drivers

nvInject

Geforce Go

Network Drivers

ForceDepth Driver

Then download either the mpkg I created, or the tx1000 package that the_29 has put together (both are in my sig) and install them. That should get you going with the exception of Sound, QE/CI, and ACPI (booting while on battery).

@the_29

Any word from Taruga yet?

hey guys, have tried putting the different nvidia kexts into a hex editor and as of yet haven't found any references to memory addresses. i will continue to play around though. but i'm beginning to think we may never get CI/QE. that is unless we make something from scratch. i will continue my hex editing and keep you posted. the only other idea i have is to talk to slice, who made a fair amount of progress getting CI/QE on an ATI integrated card. maybe he can point us in the right direction...

Marc