HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

@the_29

Looks interesting, let me know how you get along...

Also, I tried my hand at making a single package to install these fixes that we have compiled. If someone could test this and report back it would be greatly appreciated.

Included in the mpkg is:

AboutThisMac

FireWire

TouchKit

ShareFix

PowerManagement.bundle

AppleHDA.kext

ALCinject.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

nForceEthernetDriver.kext

NVDriver.kext

NVidia.kext

NVinjectGo.kext

You will still have to manually remove IONDRVSupport.kext. (As an aside, I didn't remove this in my Extensions folder and everything works fine.)

TX1000.mpkg.zip

Nice work! (didnt tested it now, but it looks nice!)

How did you make the pkg files?

And when you look at the file preinstall in the FireWire.pkg and then into the folder Contents/Resources/

There are the commands to move the firewire files!

Maybe we have just to replace it with the IONDR* name and set the file count (in the other files) to 1!

Any success with QE/CI?

I've got Ubuntu 8.04 working with everything (WIFI, H/W Accell graphics) except the touch screen. The only problem I am having is slow/glitchy DVD playback.

Once we can get QE working and I can play videos I will stay with OSX86.

Oh by the way WIFI is hilarious when using French pronunciation "wiiiiiiiifiiiiiiiii"

:P

Alex

hey guys, still no luck with sound or CI/QE. i've tried all i can think of. he_29, i don't have dual boot set up at the moment but i had one idea. could you possibly try uninstalling the sound drivers in vista? surely that would leave it in the right state rather than me just deleting windows and leaving it in the problematic state? i would be most grateful if you could try this.

Marc

@Alex DeWolf, we're not using the GMA drivers, we're using the nVidia ones. These have the memory addresses for onboard memory, rather than shared system memory like the GMA ones would. i guess you could try finding the memory addresses for the shared memory and hex editing them into the corresponding nVidia kext (the one with 3 in the name?). but for his you'd need to find out where the standard memory addresses are. or do you think this could be done by injecting the values somehow? i'm not very clever when it comes to getting stuff like this working. let alone know where to get the addresses. ideas anyone?

Marc

Anyone managed to install new kalyway 10.5.2 amd/intel???.....

i noticed that during install my tx1020ea broadcom wifi card worked good and recognized and conntected to my home network....

but unfortunately after installation my external hd don't want to boot and i couldn't try if it really works......i think the problem is this f******g verbatim hd box....... because i had the same problem with zephyrev2 ..... it booted with a magnex usb box....but did not with this verbatim usb box.....

however if anyone tried this kalyway 10.5.2 in tx1000 series.... what kind of drivers and setting i have to use????? does wireless card really work after installation?

thanks...

Deinstalling the Realtek package and the driver in hardware won´t help!

At first everytime i boot vista i have sound (it keeps the driver somewhere)

And i still have no sound in Mac OS!

I didnt tried the ac97 thing, because in dxdiag there is no ac97 in name (just alc862) and so i think it would not work.

I want some sound :)

@soccu: i tried a kaylway 10.5.2 for amd and my wlan didnt work! Take Leo4All v2 (version 2 seems to be the best solution, because wyzazz was not able to install v3 and v1 dont recognise your wlan) and the tx1000pack from me or wyzazz and the most things will work. (if you have luck sound too).

There are some problems with the touch screen on tx2000 series and sound problems (it seems that vista/2k3 server disable the sound for mac or sth).

And QE/CI is not working! Some user are not able to watch movies. But i can watch things in Quicktime and vlc player!

Could the thread author attach all kext's separatedly? I'm on a dv6232br as I said before and many things that worked for you worked for me. But somethings like touchscreen are no use to me.

Thanks a lot.

@Lunks

If you download the_29's package you can manually install the kext's after unzipping the file in OSX, uploading all of them seperately seems kind of pointless. Also, if you prefer to use my .mpkg, you can use Pacifist to extract the individual packages you need/want.

@Alex DeWolf, we're not using the GMA drivers, we're using the nVidia ones. These have the memory addresses for onboard memory, rather than shared system memory like the GMA ones would. i guess you could try finding the memory addresses for the shared memory and hex editing them into the corresponding nVidia kext (the one with 3 in the name?). but for his you'd need to find out where the standard memory addresses are. or do you think this could be done by injecting the values somehow? i'm not very clever when it comes to getting stuff like this working. let alone know where to get the addresses. ideas anyone?

Marc

Marc:

Thanks for the reply. Are the GMA drivers the Intel GMA drivers or something else? The editing into the nVidia kext, is that editing the Info.plist or something else?

I don't mean to irritate, I just want to learn.

Enquiring minds want to know..

:unsure:

Alex

if it can help u i tryed zephy10.5.2efirev2 with toh9.2 kernel and i just have the problems of WIFI and QE/CI VIDEO ....

SO i could not run program like iphoto or frontrow......

but i could see every kind of video with quicktime and itunes and vlc using some codecs(mpeg2....something)....

audio worked very nice and i could use even the audio buttons for volume and mute(mute led is red and doesn't change color).....(i installed all the audio drivers from the dvd)

touchscreen worked better than in vista....very accurate after calibration with some kext and a program....

how can i fix wifi problems using that zephyrev2 installation? is it possible to fix them in the same way u did??

however i'm sure that in kalyway my broadcom wifi connected to my net..... while with zephy dvd wifi searched for it but never found anything.......

thanks again for help!!!

A, that sounds very interest!

Which sound files do you have installed in /System/Library/Extensions/

Is there AppleHDA, ALCinject, AC97 or AppleAzalia.kext (or sth in that way)? And can you upload it?!

If i would know in which kext file the working wlan driver is, i could upload it to you!

Does anyone knows it?! Or is it the chipset driver?!

I noticed a few things the other night, but didnt think much of it at first till now.

I tried to do a remote login with the AFP .. vnc... something its built into osx. anyways when ever I click on my other laptop thats in the side bar. there is that "connect as.." it wont give me an option, at all. Same thing when trying to connect to my iPhone. BUT I can do it on my dv9000 running 10.5.2 I wouldnt be the only one haveing this issue would I? I used the leo4allV2 btw.

also, something regarding the touch screen. I noticed when trying to use photoshop, that I cant draw useing the touch screen at all. I used the touchkit app. calibrated perfectly. but I can use it to draw with at all, and that was going to be the main thing I use the touchscreen for. also the double clicking seems to be more like a task to do than anything. Any Ideas as to why that is?

@Alex Dewolf, yeah, GMA are the inel drivers. they wont work with our cards but were just an example of ones using shared memory. i don't know exactly how any of this would work, i just remember reading about it a while ago while trying to get my ATI x200 working. because all the normal nVidia cards use onboard memory, this is hard coded into the kext somewhere or something along those lines and that's where the OS is told to look for the memory. i think this is known as a memory address. our card uses shared system memory, so when the OS is looking for it's onboard memory, it can't find any because we have none. from what i remember, we need to hex edit the memory addresses and change them from looking for onboard memory to looking for shared memory. i'm not sure how much of an undertaking this would be. i'm guessing there are a few things we need to do to try this...

1: get hold of the memory addresses for onboard memory and shared system memory.

2: we then need to examine the kext for our series of video card, the 6xxx and the NV kext with a 3 in i think, and work out which part contains reference to memory addresses.

3: we then need to edit in the shared memory addresses in place of the onboard.

all this is what i remember from a post i read long ago about theory's to get CI/QE working on an integrated card. so may not be totally accurate. but logically it sounds like it would work. it's all a question of getting hold of these memory addresses. does anyone here know about that kind of thing? linux dumps of some kind? is there documentation on this we can get from nVidia? hopefully this is enough for us to start with anyway. and if it doesn't work, at least we're learning.

i have a few free days coming soon so i will start poking round and see what i can come up with. anyone who feels like getting involved, your help would be most appreciated.

thanks,

Marc

@Alex Dewolf, yeah, GMA are the inel drivers. they wont work with our cards but were just an example of ones using shared memory. i don't know exactly how any of this would work, i just remember reading about it a while ago while trying to get my ATI x200 working. because all the normal nVidia cards use onboard memory, this is hard coded into the kext somewhere or something along those lines and that's where the OS is told to look for the memory. i think this is known as a memory address. our card uses shared system memory, so when the OS is looking for it's onboard memory, it can't find any because we have none. from what i remember, we need to hex edit the memory addresses and change them from looking for onboard memory to looking for shared memory. i'm not sure how much of an undertaking this would be. i'm guessing there are a few things we need to do to try this...

1: get hold of the memory addresses for onboard memory and shared system memory.

2: we then need to examine the kext for our series of video card, the 6xxx and the NV kext with a 3 in i think, and work out which part contains reference to memory addresses.

3: we then need to edit in the shared memory addresses in place of the onboard.

all this is what i remember from a post i read long ago about theory's to get CI/QE working on an integrated card. so may not be totally accurate. but logically it sounds like it would work. it's all a question of getting hold of these memory addresses. does anyone here know about that kind of thing? linux dumps of some kind? is there documentation on this we can get from nVidia? hopefully this is enough for us to start with anyway. and if it doesn't work, at least we're learning.

i have a few free days coming soon so i will start poking round and see what i can come up with. anyone who feels like getting involved, your help would be most appreciated.

thanks,

Marc

Marc:

I would love to learn more and help out. I have Ubuntu 8.04 working with graphic h/w accelleration, full sound and wifi.

Alex

@soccuvoiswape

Very Interesting, upload when you get a chance please!!!

@Mass-Face

Let me know what I can do to help, I will try and do some research this weekend when I have some time

@Zetsubou

I would reccomend the Leo4Allv2 disk, Install with the options in this pdf, then download this and install it. That will get you to the point that we are all at (No Sound, No QE\CI, ACPI Battery Boot Issue) more or less a functioning system.

well i managed to get it installed using the kalyway install and i do have sound, just forced to run at 1024x768, no sleep function and no wireless

using the_29's tx1000s package i can no longer boot. seems to freeze at last step involved with kernel.

Did you remove the IONDRV*kext?

On some system its necessary! Otherwhise you cannot boot! Just boot with parameter -s

Then type /sbin/mount -uw /

go into /System/Library/Extensions folder and copy the kext to / or sth

cp -r IONDRV.... /

Then type exit! Normaly it should boot!

i'm having boot problem since i change the external hd box..... the other change i made is the name of the partition......before it booted if i named it "leopard"....now with "macosxleo" it doesn't boot!! when it will i'll upload everything u need from zephyrev2.....maybe this evening i'll try again.....i haven't got my original hd box..... i gave it to my friend and i'll have it back on monday!!!

i will give you news ... however if u download zephyrot rev 2 sound will work .....just check all the sound drivers and the nforce chipset drivers..... it was just a little bit slow in booting 1 minute to boot!!!