HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

That would be awesome. Heres my standpoint- I've got a tx2050 (essentially a tx2000 with wireless n card and lightscribe DVD) and I tried Zephroth's latest and got it botting up straight withno troubles, only no sound, no graphics aside from the basic, and no wifi ((except that it DOES see the wifi, only it cant pickup networks) Anyone know what sort of kexts, best leo4all to get together before formatting and trying again? Really want native resolution even if not QE/CI for the moment...

That would be awesome. Heres my standpoint- I've got a tx2050 (essentially a tx2000 with wireless n card and lightscribe DVD) and I tried Zephroth's latest and got it botting up straight withno troubles, only no sound, no graphics aside from the basic, and no wifi ((except that it DOES see the wifi, only it cant pickup networks) Anyone know what sort of kexts, best leo4all to get together before formatting and trying again? Really want native resolution even if not QE/CI for the moment...

You need to download and install the Leo4Allv2 disk (Check the earlier posts for the options you should use), then install one of the packages in my sig (the_29's or my mpkg). That should get you to where I am currently. You will have no sound, the ACPI Power Issue, no calibration for your touchscreen, and No QE\CI. You will have WiFi working, Ethernet working, scrolling will work, your resolution will be native, power management should work, etc...

the_29, reading something someone said earlier and thinking back, what version bios are you using? i was having problems with my touch screen so under the recommendation of HP i upgraded mine to the latest. this was exactly when i installed vista for the first time and exactly the time i lost sound. can we get hold of an older bios from the HP site? and is it safe to downgrade?

Marc

Thanks... Maybe some sort of overheating...I will try the memory and HD test.Alex
Well the memory and HD passed the tests with flying colors. When I started using the machine last night everything was crashing (including the window manager) with divide by zero errors. Going back to Gentoo linux for now.AlexWhat's the status on the QE/CI support? By the way when I got native resolution I could get MP4 video playback but Quicktime only play sound.Alex

@Alex

Hmm, maybe it's just allergic. Give it a shot of penecillin. AFAIK, we haven't made any progress on QE\CI. I have been researching and trying things out but no luck.

@Mass-Face

HP just released a new bios (f.07) for my tx2000z, I will give that a run. I purchased it with f.06 on it, but have the softpaq for f.04.

@Alex

Hmm, maybe it's just allergic. Give it a shot of penecillin. AFAIK, we haven't made any progress on QE\CI. I have been researching and trying things out but no luck.

@Mass-Face

HP just released a new bios (f.07) for my tx2000z, I will give that a run. I purchased it with f.06 on it, but have the softpaq for f.04.

Heh maybe a kick in the ass....

;)

Alex

eh, just typed this out once and hit the wrong key.....twit.

anyways, just got a tx 2050....spiffing little thing and i really want to keep it ( have a 2 week grace period where i can exchange it for any other laptop ) anyways, i need something i can fully run leopard aswell as vista on. not %100 but running off the battery, sound, wifi, full graphics capabilities ( will be using it for iphone development ) ... anyone thing this is possible with this laptop ? seems its almost there just missin some key elements... problem is i only have a handful of days to decide to keep or not !

Hi| have been testing my TX 1000 with leo4all for a few days now . It mostly works fine save for a few small Issues . Here is a Small list of what still needs to get fixed just to check if anyone has already found Solutions to any of them:

1) QE Support. l have not been able to play DVD's at all and have found some other problems in other applications that also require QE support.I have an NVIDIA G e Force go 6 1 5 0 and NVINJECT Go 0.2.0 an d there Is core Image support (software) but no quartz extreme. has anyone found a way around this?

2) It is quite Impossible to run the tablet without having it plugged in. it usually freezes and cannot boot at all

3) A lot of permissions need fixing but stay the Same after fixing them.

Well, Right now the QE support is the most critical Issue.

Hopefully someone will soon find a solutioN. . .Thanks a lot

eh, just typed this out once and hit the wrong key.....twit.

anyways, just got a tx 2050....spiffing little thing and i really want to keep it ( have a 2 week grace period where i can exchange it for any other laptop ) anyways, i need something i can fully run leopard aswell as vista on. not %100 but running off the battery, sound, wifi, full graphics capabilities ( will be using it for iphone development ) ... anyone thing this is possible with this laptop ? seems its almost there just missin some key elements... problem is i only have a handful of days to decide to keep or not !

If you are looking for something to run Leopard and Vista on, and you need Leopard to be 100% then you should buy a Mac in my opinion. If you don't mind having to re-install every once in a while because of the occasional hiccup, or software update then this is for you. Just my $.02.

I think eventually we will get Leopard up and running 100% on this machine, I don't however know how long it will take.

This is more of a project than a necessity to me, so I can deal with installing OSX over 30 times, and not having sound or QE\CI, etc...

On the other hand, I love this lappy!!! It's fast, and runs great with 2003 Server Enterprise installed.

@Mass-face: i have upgraded to the last version, when i installed vista! I will write an E-mail to HP if the can give us/me an older version (telling them, that my notebook wont boot with newer version ;))

Anyone tested to extract the kext from v2 dvd and installing it in v3? (like eddie told?)

Does anyone Know exactly what the digitizer On the TX 1000 is? I'm having Some trouble with Inkbook (I can write but Inkbook lS not recognizing the traces)

I was on the phone with someone from the Inkbook team and he Said that the problem is that I don't have a driver that supports proximity events. Has anyone bumped into this? l don't even know what the digitizer's hardware SO I can try to locate a driver that does support proximity

@the_29: that must be what our problem is then. i'm sorry but i don't remember which revision i had before. but i feel so stupid for not even thinking of that. my current version is F.1E, i have a feeling my previous version may have had a 9 in? it's good to know that you have the same bios as me though. i feel certain that's our problem. i will try get in touch with HP too. please keep us all informed as i will try to do too.

many thanks,

Marc

ps, just looking, there is an even newer bios. don't know if it's worth giving that a shot before hassling HP about a downgrade?

ok, delved a little deeper and there are previous versions of the bios available. surely there wouldn't host these unless it's safe to downgrade. i'm gonna try tomorrow morning after i install vista, the_29, i'm pretty sure i had F.18. so i think that's where we should start.

good luck everyone, i will keep you updated of my progress hopefully tomorrow or the day after unless anyone beats me to it...

marc

Hi| have been testing my TX 1000 with leo4all for a few days now . It mostly works fine save for a few small Issues . Here is a Small list of what still needs to get fixed just to check if anyone has already found Solutions to any of them:

1) QE Support. l have not been able to play DVD's at all and have found some other problems in other applications that also require QE support.I have an NVIDIA G e Force go 6 1 5 0 and NVINJECT Go 0.2.0 an d there Is core Image support (software) but no quartz extreme. has anyone found a way around this?

2) It is quite Impossible to run the tablet without having it plugged in. it usually freezes and cannot boot at all

3) A lot of permissions need fixing but stay the Same after fixing them.

Well, Right now the QE support is the most critical Issue.

Hopefully someone will soon find a solutioN. . .Thanks a lot

Right now there's no solution. There's a thread with clueless users trying to get something out of Google, but truth said, until we get some experienced developer, we won't be able to do it.

YEEEEAHHHH!!!!

After downgrading to Version 18 i have sound with the files from my package :lol:

The sound control also works!!!!! But the mic doesn´t work and i want to use it with skype! I will test some other drivers :)

@xrudio

The XP/Vista drivers for your digitizer can be found here. I hope this helps!

@the_29

I'm going to try and downgrade my BIOS on my tx2000 and see what happens...

Edit: My Sound Works!!! Bios Version F.04 (F.06 & F.07 do not work) works for the tx2000 series you can download it here.

WARNING!!! Flash your BIOS at your own risk!!!

My Results: After downgrading to 18 i have no webcam anymore in skype :) (i will test some newer versions)

With AppleAzalia i can control my sound volume with the special keys and in system preferences (also with the AppleHDA and ALCinject.kext from my package!) But i dont have mic!

With the TarugaInstaller1.zip i have sound (analog and digital) and mic detected! But i cannot control the volume with the special keys or in system preferences (it is always at maximum!!). And when i tested it in skype, the mic sound level was to low!

But with tarugatinstaller2.zip (do not install it, extract the kext and install it via kexthelper) i have a good working mic! But cannot control it (skype can control the sound level for its own usage)

I will try some newer versions and hope that my webcam will working again!

I am going to install XP Pro on my 1410 today on an external USB drive. What Winblows (oops did I really say that :angel: ) utility do I need to get to dump the GPU ROM so we can get QE/CI running?

Alex

I dual-boot with windows. If someone knows of a utility, I can dump the rom now.

Edit: I found something called NVFlash, I will try this out and let you know.

Edit: I tried nvflash, wfflash, and nvflash for windows. None of these worked, I get "ERROR: Could not enable the PROM pins"

I will try and find something else that can read and dump the BIOS on the 6150go...

I setup Mac OS Leo4All v2 new! Now my sound works (but i cannot control the volume) and my webcam too!

I used version 1C for HP TX 1250EA (made on 11-2007) and sound works now! So it has some problems with the bios not with vista! I will create a new tx1000pack with the 2 working sound drivers (either you can control volume or you have mic).

I will also research for dumping the graphics card, but i use vista 64bit, so many programs will not run on my OS!

@jessec

Great! Good to hear it! (No pun intended)

@the_29

Most of the programs run from a bootable disk, but if you search for nvflash for windows you may be able to find a 64bit version, or it may even run under WOW. I obviously haven't had any luck thus far...